Reply Debate and Discussion
One World Religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:04 pm
Also, on war- Remember the "Justifying political battles using misguiding religious jargon" thing? The heart of the religion is always pure. But even in the bible, there is a list of people to kill and how to kill them. This does not make it right. You know it and God knows it. Muslim or Christian, doesn't matter. The same rules apply. Don't kill. Don't take. Don't hate. Give to others.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:19 pm
It's bad idea to force such a thing, but it could be a benefit if it were the case naturally; however, I don't see such a thing happening on a global scale.  

IcarusDream

b-asinine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:05 pm
divineseraph
Also, on war- Remember the "Justifying political battles using misguiding religious jargon" thing? The heart of the religion is always pure. But even in the bible, there is a list of people to kill and how to kill them. This does not make it right. You know it and God knows it. Muslim or Christian, doesn't matter. The same rules apply. Don't kill. Don't take. Don't hate. Give to others.

I think I like you. *wink*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:37 pm
I thought that the one world religion thing is basically rising humanism sweatdrop believing most things that are against God as well as self worship

I don't believe Christianity and Islam are the same, they are related in ways yes, like who existed. We know there was Abraham, Moses, Jesus who existed. Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God though, not just a prophet. Muslims, you'd have to be strictly MUSLIM. didn't it say in Koran somewhere, that if you weren't then you'd have to die? correct me if I'm wrong.  

Darkx_xAngelx_x237

b-asinine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Darkx_xAngelx_x237
Muslims, you'd have to be strictly MUSLIM. didn't it say in Koran somewhere, that if you weren't then you'd have to die?

No.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:36 pm
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph
mazuac
b-asinine
Friendly Yoshi
Islam and Christianity are very different. Islam rejects Christ and kills any Christians due to their faith and their god is the god of War. It's also illegal to switch to other religions and they killl whooever does so. Allah also says that Christ was a prophet but he is THE prophet. They also have very differenct ways and views on how to get to heaven which they call paradise then we Christians.

As for the one religion thing it is really quite possible since the majority if not all religions except for Christianity have one thing in common: they all glorify man and some religions even claim that man can achieve in becoming gods themselves which isn't true and if it was, we would cause our own demise.

BULL.

Yes, Islam and Christianity are VERY different. Islam rejects Christ as the son of God, but they DO accept him as a prophet, as does Judaism. The majority of all Muslim people are very accepting of other religions, and a lot of mosques allow those of different practices to come into their place of prayer to mingle and pray to God (since Christians/Muslims/Jews share the same God, AKA Islamic God =/= God of War).

Allah =/= prophet. Allah = their name for "God." They do not call things very different, save for the language barrier.

Anyone can switch religions, and the only people who dictate OTHERWISE are the the people behind the Taliban and other Islamic radicals. But EVERY religion has people like these.

ISLAM DOES NOT = PAROCHIAL-MINDED KILLERS.

Now, my opinion on "one religion"... Impossible, and would completely ruin our world. It is impossible because religion is so ingrained into our different cultures, that it's like taking out a person's heart and expecting them to live. Not very many religions, in fact, glorify man. When you say "glorify", I presume you mean that they consider themselves of God-like power. Most of the religions out there practiced by the majority of people on this fine planet believe in celestial beings as being higher than themselves spiritually, though a lot of them worship THEMSELVES because they believe that their god/God resides in their body and is always with them.

I don't mean to be rude nor brash, but I suggest you look up facts before you talk about other religions.

-b.
User Image
Jesus

I suggest you look up facts, as well. Judaism does NOT accept Jesus as a prophet! Where in the name of God most High did you ever find that?

Also, while Islam says they worship the same God as us, I disagree. There tenets, etc. are so far apart from our and the Jews God, even a blind man could see that.

Although, I do agree with you on the impossibility of a One World Religion~

User Image

...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

Such different beliefs?
Five basic tenets-
1- There is One God.
2- Mohammed was a prophet, as were Jesus, Moses and all other aforementioned abrahamic prophets.
3- The Koran is the last holy book, following the Bible, Torah and Gospel of Jesus.
4- Life is a test to see who follows the basic rules.
5- The faithful go to heaven.

Five pillars (Much like christian and jewish 10 commandments)-

1- Profession of Faith (There is only one God)
2-Prayer (five time a day)
3- Giving alms to the poor (Jesus never did anything like this. He loved kicking beggars and pimp-slapping prostitutes.)
4-Fasting (Again, what kind of anti-christ b*****d would fast for, say, 40 days in the deserts of the middle east?)
5- Pilgrimage

I notice nothing about slaying the innocent, subjugating women or hating christians. In fact, in earlier times, muslims were extremely respectful of other religions and societies, and if an arab country took over another country, they would allow the old residents to worship any god in any way. They did not move militarily based on religion.

The God is the same God. The only thing that changes is the experiences and cultures present when His work is interpreted by the people.
User Image
He has Redeemed Me!Though I

Alright, about the tenets.

1. Yes, there is one God, we beleive that.

2. Jesus may have been a prophet, however he wasn't just "a prophet," he was the Son of God! Also, you know how we beleive Christ was nailed to the cross and ressurected? They do NOT beleive that. They also don't beleive he died for our salvation. There, see that? That basically proves that Islam is not like Christianity in any large way...

3. We don't beleive in the Koran, I have nothing more to say.

4. Life may be a test, yes, but ours is to show others Christ's lovingness, etc.

5. Yes, we beleive the faithful go to heaven. But unlike Islam, us Christians get to heaven purely by faith in Jesus Christ, not by our works or deeds. (Unlike in Islam.)

That right there should be enough proof to show you that Christianity and Islam are not "basically" the same. It infuriates me so much when people say that they are basically the same religion!

Oh, also. According to Islam, Jesus WOULD have been the perfectest person, however he never went to war (unlike mohammed.)

I really don't think I need to say more on this issue. I've proven my point.

User Image

am undeserving, He gave his life for
mine.

But they believe is JESUS! As a prophet, yes, but still as a very holy man! You're condemning them to hell because they feel that Jesus was one rank on the totem pole down?

And no, of course we don't believe in the Koran, it's the New New Testament.

An muslims don't show lovingness? What's all this giving to the poor and helping others? So what if it's in Mohammed's name, along with Jesus, Moses and Abraham's names? Or, more importantly, in the name of God?

Number 5 is just terrible. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Hitler gets heaven for being a christian.

Deeds and acts don't matter? It's just giving a wave or a hi-five to jesus on the way through the gates? Bull s**t. I'm sorry, if your religion really says this, then I want no part of it. I will take islam, since the good are rewarded for their deeds, not for fingering a cross. This blind bullshit is what makes bigots zealous. The same blind zeal and ignorance of one's own religion compels men to bomb other countries and fly airplanes into buildings.
User Image

I'm not condemning them. However the Bible makes it exceptionally clear that we get to Heaven through faith in Christ. I'm sorry if that came out wrong, but that's just the way it is.

Also, what are you talking about? Of course they show loving, etc. However, I was just showing my post to prove that Islam and Christianity are not basically the same religion. And it matters because Jesus was the one that came down and saved us from our sins and inequities. Not Muhhamed. It was Jesus who humbled himself on the cross and taught a message of peace and Gods forgiveness.

And about the Hitler thing. See, Christians are required to act the right way, the Bible tells us so. But it also shows us that because we do good, we don't get into Heaven. But because we have Christ and his power, we gladly help others.

Also, this may sound strange to you, but... Lets say Hitler survived the war, and was in prison. And while in prison he converted to Christianity. He truly confessed his sins and asked for Jesus' forgiveness, lets say he truly did that. I have no doubt in my mind that he would be in Heaven right now, even though all of his terrible deeds he has done, Jesus' forgiveness to man is large enough to save a man such as Hitler.

User Image

am undeserving, He gave his life for mine.

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:13 pm
Matthew 16:27 "For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father's glory, and then he will repay everyone according to his conduct."

Works are important. Faith will get you something, but in order to be the best off that one can be you must act accordingly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 pm
mazuac
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph
mazuac
User Image
Jesus

I suggest you look up facts, as well. Judaism does NOT accept Jesus as a prophet! Where in the name of God most High did you ever find that?

Also, while Islam says they worship the same God as us, I disagree. There tenets, etc. are so far apart from our and the Jews God, even a blind man could see that.

User Image

Such different beliefs?
Five basic tenets-
1- There is One God.
2- Mohammed was a prophet, as were Jesus, Moses and all other aforementioned abrahamic prophets.
3- The Koran is the last holy book, following the Bible, Torah and Gospel of Jesus.

3- Giving alms to the poor (Jesus never did anything like this. He loved kicking beggars and pimp-slapping prostitutes.)
4-Fasting (Again, what kind of anti-christ b*****d would fast for, say, 40 days in the deserts of the middle east?)
5- Pilgrimage

I notice nothing about slaying the innocent, subjugating women or hating christians. In fact, in earlier times, muslims were extremely respectful of other religions and societies, and if an arab country took over another country, they would allow the old residents to worship any god in any way. They did not move militarily based on religion.

The God is the same God. The only thing that changes is the experiences and cultures present when His work is interpreted by the people.
User Image

2. Jesus may have been a prophet, however he wasn't just "a prophet," he was the Son of God! Also, you know how we beleive Christ was nailed to the cross and ressurected? They do NOT beleive that. They also don't beleive he died for our salvation. There, see that? That basically proves that Islam is not like Christianity in any large way...

4. Life may be a test, yes, but ours is to show others Christ's lovingness, etc.

5. Yes, we beleive the faithful go to heaven. But unlike Islam, us Christians get to heaven purely by faith in Jesus Christ, not by our works or deeds. (Unlike in Islam.)

That right there should be enough proof to show you that Christianity and Islam are not "basically" the same. It infuriates me so much when people say that they are basically the same religion!

Oh, also. According to Islam, Jesus WOULD have been the perfectest person, however he never went to war (unlike mohammed.)

User Image

mine.

But they believe is JESUS! As a prophet, yes, but still as a very holy man! You're condemning them to hell because they feel that Jesus was one rank on the totem pole down?

An muslims don't show lovingness? What's all this giving to the poor and helping others? So what if it's in Mohammed's name, along with Jesus, Moses and Abraham's names? Or, more importantly, in the name of God?

Number 5 is just terrible. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Hitler gets heaven for being a christian.

Deeds and acts don't matter? It's just giving a wave or a hi-five to jesus on the way through the gates? Bull s**t. I'm sorry, if your religion really says this, then I want no part of it. I will take islam, since the good are rewarded for their deeds, not for fingering a cross. This blind bullshit is what makes bigots zealous. The same blind zeal and ignorance of one's own religion compels men to bomb other countries and fly airplanes into buildings.
User Image

I'm not condemning them. However the Bible makes it exceptionally clear that we get to Heaven through faith in Christ. I'm sorry if that came out wrong, but that's just the way it is.

Also, what are you talking about? Of course they show loving, etc. However, I was just showing my post to prove that Islam and Christianity are not basically the same religion. And it matters because Jesus was the one that came down and saved us from our sins and inequities. Not Muhhamed. It was Jesus who humbled himself on the cross and taught a message of peace and Gods forgiveness.

And about the Hitler thing. See, Christians are required to act the right way, the Bible tells us so. But it also shows us that because we do good, we don't get into Heaven. But because we have Christ and his power, we gladly help others.

Also, this may sound strange to you, but... Lets say Hitler survived the war, and was in prison. And while in prison he converted to Christianity. He truly confessed his sins and asked for Jesus' forgiveness, lets say he truly did that. I have no doubt in my mind that he would be in Heaven right now, even though all of his terrible deeds he has done, Jesus' forgiveness to man is large enough to save a man such as Hitler.

User Image

And they believe in Jesus. The bible never said "You must wear a cross and also proclaim that Jesus was the one and only prophet". And perhaps the bible meant to follow Jesus' WAY and ACTS- The things he did, his life style, his selflessness. Not the physical Jesus Christ, but the spirit of kindness that DEFINED Jesus.

Again, they believe in Jesus. They also believe in another prophet. So what? What's one more angel visitation?

And if our actions don't determine our standings in the afterlife, why exactly do early romanesque churches show sins being weighed against good deeds? Sin and decency has consequence. Doing too many bad things weighs you down. After all the people he killed, Hitler would NEVER end up in Heaven.  

divineseraph

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:31 am
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph
mazuac
User Image
Jesus

User Image

Such different beliefs?
Five basic tenets-
1- There is One God.

5- Pilgrimage

User Image

User Image

mine.

User Image

User Image

And they believe in Jesus. The bible never said "You must wear a cross and also proclaim that Jesus was the one and only prophet". And perhaps the bible meant to follow Jesus' WAY and ACTS- The things he did, his life style, his selflessness. Not the physical Jesus Christ, but the spirit of kindness that DEFINED Jesus.

Again, they believe in Jesus. They also believe in another prophet. So what? What's one more angel visitation?

And if our actions don't determine our standings in the afterlife, why exactly do early romanesque churches show sins being weighed against good deeds? Sin and decency has consequence. Doing too many bad things weighs you down. After all the people he killed, Hitler would NEVER end up in Heaven.
User Image

The difference is this. Yes, they beleive that Jesus was a Prophet. However, when Jesus said "no one gets to the Father, except through me" what do you think this meant!? It means that no ones gets into Heaven except through Jesus Christ the Son of God. Not a prophet. They don't call on him for forgiveness of sins, for his relationship, etc.

Deeds to determine something, however. In 2 Corinthians 5:10, for instance. We will all be judged, whether for are good and our bad deeds. But what I am saying is, we get into Heaven PURELY because of Jesus. Not because women wore a Hijab and we must make a pilgrimage to Mecca one in our life. (Somewhat of an exaggeration, but you get the picture, I hope.)

And about Hitler. Fine, if you don't beleive that Jesus' love and forgiveness could forgive a man like Hitler, then that's up to you. But I am no more deserving of Jesus than Hitler was. We all sin, he just sinned more. But Jesus can forgive him, and thus, Jesus can offer salvation to Hitler. And if Hitler would have survived the war and truly accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, there is no doubt in my mind that he would be with Jesus at the moment in Heaven. However, that's not how things turned out.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 pm
"Except through me"- Ambiguous speech. It could mean that you must bow before his feet and submit to Jesus and only Jesus. Or, it could mean through his example and his ways.

What do you think Jesus meant? Do you think he wanted us to do whatever we want, kill however we want, steal whatever we want, so long as we keep his name in our heads? Or do you think he wanted us to be kind and nice to others, even if we didn't call him the one and only God? If you were Jesus, what would you suggest to the world?

And of course, both is not an option in this situation because we are talking about muslims and jews who are good people versus christians who have sinned, often, and with little remorse.  

divineseraph

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:22 pm
divineseraph
"Except through me"- Ambiguous speech. It could mean that you must bow before his feet and submit to Jesus and only Jesus. Or, it could mean through his example and his ways.

What do you think Jesus meant? Do you think he wanted us to do whatever we want, kill however we want, steal whatever we want, so long as we keep his name in our heads? Or do you think he wanted us to be kind and nice to others, even if we didn't call him the one and only God? If you were Jesus, what would you suggest to the world?

And of course, both is not an option in this situation because we are talking about muslims and jews who are good people versus christians who have sinned, often, and with little remorse.

Of course we must have good morals. People who pin the name of Jesus to their sinful actions are not Christians, in my opinion. But, eh, it's for God to decide.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:31 pm
mazuac
divineseraph

Of course we must have good morals. People who pin the name of Jesus to their sinful actions are not Christians, in my opinion. But, eh, it's for God to decide.

Ah, but if Hitler says he believes in Jesus, he is suddenly good? His bad deeds go away? His conscious decision to kill and create genocide is lifted?

Answer the question the way it was posed, please.

Which do you think Jesus would prefer- Sin with his name, or decency without his name?  

divineseraph

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:27 pm
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph

Ah, but if Hitler says he believes in Jesus, he is suddenly good? His bad deeds go away? His conscious decision to kill and create genocide is lifted?

Which do you think Jesus would prefer- Sin with his name, or decency without his name?

If Hitler truly believed in Jesus, if he called on Jesus' name and asked for his salvation and forgiveness. Then yes, his sins are forgiven. We may remember his bad deeds, but the Lord has forgiven him. And if he had really become a Christian, then his wanting to kill, etc. would be lifted. He would become a new man, with a new life.

What? Sin with his name? If Hitler became a Christian he would have had a new life, he would be a new man. I used to persecute Christians, but when I accepted Jesus I have been given a new life. And Jesus would of course PREFER decency period. However he would prefer decency with his name. Does that make sense?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:44 pm
mazuac
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph

If Hitler truly believed in Jesus, if he called on Jesus' name and asked for his salvation and forgiveness. Then yes, his sins are forgiven. We may remember his bad deeds, but the Lord has forgiven him. And if he had really become a Christian, then his wanting to kill, etc. would be lifted. He would become a new man, with a new life.

What? Sin with his name? If Hitler became a Christian he would have had a new life, he would be a new man. I used to persecute Christians, but when I accepted Jesus I have been given a new life. And Jesus would of course PREFER decency period. However he would prefer decency with his name. Does that make sense?

But granted only one, which candidate would be in heaven? The serial killer who holds a cross as the cops snipe him down, or the gentle muslim who gives his life to protect his family?

Which would Jesus rather see? The guy who acknowledges him as God, or the guy who does not but leads a holy life?  

divineseraph

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:20 am
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph
mazuac
divineseraph

But granted only one, which candidate would be in heaven? The serial killer who holds a cross as the cops snipe him down, or the gentle muslim who gives his life to protect his family?

Which would Jesus rather see? The guy who acknowledges him as God, or the guy who does not but leads a holy life?

... When have you seen a man with a sniper and a cross? A man who does that has no right to call themselves a Christian. Jesus would RATHER see a man who has called upon him for salvation. Why can't you get that through your mind? Jesus wants every single Human Being, but he makes it specifically clear that only those who call upon him for salvation and who beleive in the Son of God will be brought into Heaven. I am not responding to any more. Your statements and questions are becoming desperate, and I've only been repeating myself over and over. If your not going to understand... fine, don't understand. That's your choice. But I'm done here.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff