Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!
July 2008

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:56 pm
User Image

First I'd like to thank all of those that take the time to read each issue of the guild newspaper. Second, I'd like to remind everyone that reading both the Guild Happenings and Members sections is very important. We sometimes include updates that can only be found there. And it's usually updates about new contest (which means that you can win free stuff)!

For example: Last month we included an announcement that anyone who made a suggestion in our newspaper suggestion thread would automatically be entered into a free raffle to win a free July MC. Only two people entered, forcing us to cancel the raffle.

So see, it's important that you read those sections of the newspaper too! 3nodding

Table of Contents
Introduction - You are here
Letters to the Editors
Guild Happenings
Members Section
Classified Ads

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:58 pm
User Image

Do you have a question for one of our newspaper editors (it can be about the newspaper, something you read in the newspaper, about the guild... about anything really)? Or maybe you want to leave some feedback but wanted to leave it anonymously so that only the editors knew it was you who said it?

If you have a question (on any subject) that you'd like to ask, please send a PM to Blessed_Scribe. Our current editor is dark_angel_32189 and our co-editors are koudelkaW and WelkingPath. You can also choose to have the questions answered by a certain editor if you'd like. Also, in your PM please specify whether or not you want us to post your question or comment anonymously. If you don't specify this then your username will be published along with your comment/question.

We look forward to reading/answering all of your questions/comments!

P.S. Just like anything else with the newspaper... if you send in a question and it gets published, you will receive some free gold!  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:59 pm
User Image

If you'd like to review everything that happened in June 2008, stop by the Old Updates thread in The Memoirs!

Coming in the month of July:

- We don't currently have anything planned for the month of July. But you never know, we might randomly decide to have some sort of party or random give-away! Just be sure to keep checking for announcements in our Annoncements thread!

----------

Current Guild Happenings:

- The Sabbat Scrapbook has been updated with all of the Litha/Yule celebration stuff.

For those of you who participated, here's the badge for your signatures:
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=12574][IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/wiccablessedbe/sabbats/2008/Litha_Yule/lithayulebadge.jpg[/IMG][/url]

---

New in The Academy:
Vampires - A guide to anything and everything you ever wanted to know about Vampires!
Traditional Worship - A new class on traditional worship!

We are always looking for new 'teachers' in The Academy. If you're interest please visit this thread. We are offering anywhere between 500g - 1500g per class/discussion (we can/will raise/lower the payment range if we deem it necessary). The exact amount will of course depend on the depth and quality of the class/discussion. It's a monthly payment, so you will receive a payment for each month that your class is active.

-----

In The Main Hall:

Dicey - We are currently giving you all a chance to win a Faunzy's flute (we're going to try to give away two, but can only guarantee one at the moment). All you have to do is roll a 6, 34, or 36. Be sure to read the entire first post before playing!

Monthly Lotto - Congratulations to Little-Lenah (first place) and koudelkaW (second place) for winning the July Monthly Lotto!

We are now selling tickets again for the August drawing at 150 gaia gold a ticket. The prizes include: first place - 60% of all gold plus one August MC; second place - 30% of all gold plus one August MC. We now allow you to choose your ticket numbers! Be sure to buy your tickets before August 1st! Please be sure to read the entire first post before buying tickets.

Avatar contest - The voting for our evil vs. good contest has started! Please be sure to vote!

Poetry contest - Voting has now started!

Copy Cat Contest - Congratulations to xX Fallen Angel Raine Xx for winning our Indiana Jones themed contest! The next round has started!

Works of Fiction contest - Voting has started!

-----

New in The Moonlight Market:
Willow's Rune Readings
Tarot Readings by JeanMorgan

-----

Interesting threads to check out:
Abortion and Pregnancy Prevention
Do YOU Feel Compelled to Dress a Certian Way
Spiritual Absolutism and Spiritual Relativism
White Magick vs. Black Magick  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:02 pm
User Image

We had quite a few very lovely people join us during the month of June. Please be sure to make them all feel welcome!

ThoughtlessDisturbance, themadwriter, S.u.k.u.t.a.i, Mistress of Mac N Cheese, Little Fascist Panties, Dellanora, dark lighting, _heebie_x_jeebie_x, puppydog265, O-Ren_ Ishii_katana, More~Wishful~Thinking, Awynda, Roxximajor, Autumnwind Esquire, hidden_in_the_shadows23, mODDern, Cactus Attack!, NightAmber, vegwiccan, Willow_Wolfblade, Maxwell_Pink, XxAzrael_of_SorrowxX, Your Local Merry Pagan, Liara Miyu, BlitzArrow, Castor_Courrel, Seeker_of_Truth72, Kurisu of the Hellfire

---

We'd like to wish the following people a happy birthday this month:
July 1st - - Fawnriery and vegwiccan
July 3rd - - Choir-Angel
July 4th - - E l i x i e r and Blood_Thorn07
July 5th - - Roachy
July 6th - - caitylee2003 and whitefirewolf90
July 8th - - Kurisu shiro
July 9th - - XxPainedDreamerxX
July 11th - - KaseeKen, manmill, Princess Elora, and mizoryluvsme
July 12th - - smsart1990 and StrawberryDaifuku
June 14th - - candiipup and Mistress_Lynx
July 15th - - DeadCinderella and Pieces of Mind
June 16th - - Randometicum Poeticum
July 18th - - Bunniegurl123
July 20th - - healerweaver
July 21st - - Maura02
July 22nd - - suikoshi
July 23rd - - Myakachii and Ciele Fu
July 24th - - Phillip Lucia
July 26th - - WiccanChick726, leowitch, Alusing Vladimir and, ForbidenNightmare Magyc7
July 27th - - ~Trikuja~, Ville Valo Lover, and Kuro Magami
July 28th - - 1Lilyflower
July 29th - - mODDern
July 30th - - ambercrystal

-----

User Image

This month's 'Member-of-the-Month' is Lucifer Kiss! Not only does she contribute to guild discussions, she also donates a lot to the guild!

User Image

Lucifer Kiss
My name is Casey, I have a boyfriend of almost three years and I have been studying Wicca for about two years.During when i first discovered Wicca I got into runes, I love them and they are very special to me, I have a very strong connection to them as well as the element water. I am starting college and will be a history major, specializing in mythology and western civilizations. I love music, movies, anime, and to read. I am always reading books or online.

The Interview
"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
Lucifer Kiss

"How did you become interested in Wicca/Paganism?"
Lucifer Kiss
I have always loved studying different religions and mythology, I started reading about it and it just seemed to fit me and my lifestyle so well.

"What does it mean to you personally to be a Witch?"
Lucifer Kiss
To me it means to have a connection with yourself, nature, and all the things around, to be at peace with the elements and try to understand life.

"In your opinion, why are rituals an important part of religion?"
Lucifer Kiss
They make you feel like you are part of something greater, something old. I also have an ocd issue, it makes me feel more safe and connected.

"Taking your religious beliefs into consideration, what is your position on the illegal use of drugs?"
Lucifer Kiss
I personally don't think drugs are needed, they alter your mind and do not help you think clearly, I personally am against them and do not see a need for them in my Wicca practices.

"How would you describe the present civilization that we live in? How would you change it?"
Lucifer Kiss
I would describe it as hectic and not very well connected. I mean it is connected in the sense of internet and more ways of getting things out there, but there is no personal interaction or sense of friendship among people anymore. Things are a lot more tense between people and many people just seem way to involved with themselves. I would like to change that, to make people understand that they are way to wrapped up in their lives to understand anything around them.

"If you could choose to be an animal for one full day, which animal would you be and why?"
Lucifer Kiss
I would be a hawk. I would love to fly and have the freedom that they do.

"If you could recommend one book that everyone should read, either religious or not, which book would it be and why?"
Lucifer Kiss
The Lorax by Dr. Seuss, because it helps teach people to not take advantage of things, and also helps people understand the need to protect the things around you, like nature, or it will disappear.

"Do you believe in "ghosts"? Have you ever had any "encounters" and if so, would you mind telling me about one of your experiences?"
Lucifer Kiss
I used to live in a house and at night all the doors of the bedroom began to open and slam shut, it happened almost every night, and no one knew why, there was no draft or anything. It was really weird and freaked me out, I didn't live there very long.

"Do you believe that Astrology is accurate? Why or why not?"
Lucifer Kiss
Not really, a lot of the dates have been changed from the original astrological houses so I believe that it isn't accurate. I do like to read my horoscope in the paper though, I think its fun, and if there is some truth to, thats great, but personally I don't think it's correct.

If there's someone that you would like to nominate for our Member of the Month, please be sure to send a PM to Blessed_Scribe!

-----

Want your artwork (drawings, poetry, photography, etc) to be featured here? Then, contact Blessed_Scribe for more details. You will receive payment for any of your artwork that is published in the newspaper.  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:04 pm
User Image

This is the spot where you can advertise just about anything you want.

Want to advertise your quest? Do you want to advertise something you're trying to sell? Or maybe you're looking for a mentor.

Whatever it may be, this is the place to do it!

It's completely free. All you have to do is send a PM to me, Blessed_Scribe, with your ad and which months issue you'd like it to be in. It can be as many months as you'd like, not just one.  
The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games