View Results

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:29 pm
I think I have social anxiety problems. I can't even stand next to someone in a store without freaking out on the inside and wanting to move away as far as possible.

Earlier today, I had an interview. In my head, I kept yelling at myself and worrying and telling myself that I probably sound like an idiot babbling like that. I can't seem to do anything right.

I feel like a weak fool for making this topic. I always tell myself to just ignore what I feel, because the world is full of billions of people and there are more important things to be concerned about than my worthless emotions. My reaction to everything: GET OVER IT!

Am I completely useless to God? Will I ever get over this shyness issue?

When I'm not worried, I'm either enraged or guilt-stricken.
Will any of us be truly saved in the end? I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I can't help but feel that nothing I do will ever make a difference either way.

Sorry for taking up space here, but I didn't want to post on the main forums just so people can spam and waste time so I figured I'd do this in the guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:06 am
Yes you have social anxieties. Many people do. I have them as well though not to the same extent as yours.
Now my Grandmother has this bit of wisdom I suppose that she passed on to me: No one is ever worthless or useless, especially to the Lord. We each have our set purpose and while you may feel inadequate, you will grow strong, you will overcome those things that block your way. Never say you are worthless and you will NEVER be useless. God has a plan for everyone.

And me on this subject, if God is so loving and all caring, I don't think he would see you as useless. You have that stuff for a reason.

And on the shyness, you will get over it. It can take work, but you can get over it. I bet it will not be near as long as it was for me. Took me nearly 15 years and I am 21 now. You'll be fine. If you have friends and/or family you can trust very well, talking to them can help oodles and while your pessimism is shared with many in this day and age, I suppose a Christian would answer of course we will be saved in the end.

Remember, even a tiny thing can have the largest impact. A speck of dust looked up and cried out "I'm significant!"  

Ricette

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:03 pm
Thank you, Ricette

I'll remember that, and I'll just keep working at it! I had another meeting and I think I'm getting a little better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:24 pm
as Ricette said
you are not useless
and your emotions are not useless either
use them in a positive way

A very close friend of mine says many of the things you do
that she feels weak or a babbling idiot or useless
and she way over thinks things

like she will say somthing and think about what other people thing and then about what would have happened if she didn't say it and that she is silly and....then she forgets she needs to breath and then thinks she is silly for forgeting...and then she gets so caught up in the cycle that she passes out

in short she has panic attacks
meds are really not that helpfull
oh and she trusts only a handfull of people

anyway your case seems more like a confedice issue a first glance
be strong and confident in yourself (you have no reason not to be)
talk to people and work on your conversational style

and the more you learn about why things are how they are and how things work and why the more you will come to understand the complexity of "getting over" anything

besides you don't have controll over what other people think
but you do have controll over what you think about what other people think  

lordstar

Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas