So California has legalized Gay Marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hilarity Freaking Ensues

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:51 pm
Zahmen
Good job not refuting any of the points that I made.
I never said that the only reasons opponents of Gay Marriage give are religious. Sometimes, they who believe smear propaganda.
That's cool that you've never used a religious reference, I guess that means you're either easily led or an a*****e.

So if he uses a religious reference, is a religious bigot, but if he chooses not to use religious references, he's an easily led a*****e?

What kind of logic is that? This guild sucks. I'm out. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:58 pm
Hakyon Khaliun
Zahmen
Good job not refuting any of the points that I made.
I never said that the only reasons opponents of Gay Marriage give are religious. Sometimes, they who believe smear propaganda.
That's cool that you've never used a religious reference, I guess that means you're either easily led or an a*****e.

So if he uses a religious reference, is a religious bigot, but if he chooses not to use religious references, he's an easily led a*****e?

What kind of logic is that? This guild sucks. I'm out. neutral

Score.

But that's a lie, because you're going to come back and read my response.

If he uses a religious reference then he better be prepared to follow all of the Bible to the letter, because you aren't supposed to half-a** it with God.
God hates Shrimp, remember that.
If he isn't using a religious reference then one of two things are going on:
He believes the smear campaign against homosexual marriage claiming that homosexual marriage will destroy the institution of marriage and that by allowing gays to marry we will one day accept incest and bestiality (this is major Prop 8 supporters talking, not me) as normal; he also believes that somehow gays being married is going to ruin our children.
if it's not either of those things then he must be an a*****e, because only an a*****e would want to deprive marriage rights of any kind (religious or other) to anybody for no reason.
That is perfect logic.  

Xahmen

Monergism

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 pm
Zahmen
So how are you defining marriage? Are you defining it as marriage in the eyes of the law? The eyes of the Lord?

Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." Now out of the ground the LORD God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him. So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." ~ Genesis 2:18-24

This oneness portrays various aspects of God's image: same nature and essence, equal members, intimate relationship, common purpose, and distinct personalities with different roles, including authority and submission. In the Trinity the Father leads, the Son submits to the Father, and the Holy Spirit submits to both the Father and the Son. However, all three are fully and equally deity. Likewise, male and female in the marriage relationship are of the same nature and essence, equal as persons (Gal 3:28 ), intimate in relationship, common in purpose, but distinct personalities with different roles: the husband leads and the wife submits to his leadership (Eph 5:31).

The marriage of the woman to Adam. Marriage is honorable, but this surely was the most honorable marriage that ever was, in which God himself had all along an immediate hand. Marriages (they say) are made in heaven: we are sure this was, for the man, the woman, the match, were all God's own work; he, by his power, made them both, and now, by his ordinance, made them one. This was a marriage made in perfect innocency, and so was never any marriage since, God, as her Father, brought the woman to the man, as his second self, and a help-meet for him. When he had made her, he did not leave her to her own disposal; no, she was his child, and she must not marry without his consent. Those are likely to settle to their comfort who by faith and prayer, and a humble dependence upon providence, put themselves under a divine conduct. That wife that is of God's making by special grace, and of God's bringing by special providence, is likely to prove a help-meet for a man.

Zahmen
Religious dogma makes me ******** sick. Over-bearing social conservatives who spout the "love of Jesus" while railing against their brothers make me sick. Pretentious bible-thumpers who claim to know just exactly what God expects from you to lead a sin-free life and then sit down to a shrimp dinner make me sick.

Eating shrimp wasn't sinful, it was forbidden for Israel's sake. The Law (Lev 11:9) seem to have been intended, as a test of the people's obedience, as Adam was forbidden to eat of the tree of knowledge; and to teach them self-denial, and the government of their appetites. To keep the Israelites distinct from other nations.

Zahmen
"You are all equal and loved under my eyes" But the religious man tells us that the brown man, the black man, the yellow man, they are conspiring against the white man (because apparently we're more important and I guess the Middle East was full of white people when Jesus walked).

Ok... I'm not sure why this has to do with the topic.

Zahmen
Let's also remember that a good half of the Bible is over two-thousand years old, and times were different back then. "Oh but that is the old-testament we Christians follow the new one! Yeah that's what you say, but every time somebody whips out a "Gays are sinning" or "Masturbation is evil" or even a "Premarital sex is a sin" guess which end of the Good Book they are dipping into?

The New Testament... wink

The Old Testament will always have authority and inspiration. But for the genuine Christian believer, the Law has been fulfilled of its requirements through Christ. The New Testament firmly holds that all men must repent of their sins and come to Jesus Christ. Remember, anyone who is not a partaker of Christ's covenant is under the Law.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:49 pm
So, Monergism, do you do all of your thinking out of the Bible, or is there an original thought bred of your own conscience in there?

Scanning through a lot of your posts concerning homosexuality, you seem to have a lot of (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Gays are evil, Bible says kill them" posts, and with how serious you take your scripture, it kind of concerns me.  

Xahmen

Monergism

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:54 am
Zahwomen
So, Monergism, do you do all of your thinking out of the Bible, or is there an original thought bred of your own conscience in there?

Scanning through a lot of your posts concerning homosexuality, you seem to have a lot of (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Gays are evil, Bible says kill them" posts, and with how serious you take your scripture, it kind of concerns me.

My conscience and motivation has been taken held captive by Scripture.

It shouldn't concern you. Let me make this clear, mankind will never hold to God's perfect laws that demand complete perfection. Everyone fails to keep them because we all have the original sin since the Fall of Adam and Eve. However, there is no excuse committing sin which is against Almighty God and He will hold them accountable here on earth and in Heaven.

And yes, Scripture demands anyone who is guilty of homosexual intercourse to be put to death. Likewise anyone who commits adultery, bestiality, curses his own father and mother, practices sorcery and etc.. to be put to death. I am guilty of breaking God's laws and that's why I need the good Lord Jesus Christ. I would never demand any practicing homosexual to be put to death. I'm just here to point out and defend Scripture and the Christian faith.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff