Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
So California has legalized Gay Marriage Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ricette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:11 pm
Any thoughts? I personally am happy that at least one state thus far has done it. Even if it was one as obvious as California. Seriously how can we call ourselves the home of the free if we have been so stingy about marriages for same sex couples?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:16 pm
YAY FOR GAY MARRIAGE!  

Rawrzellers

Dapper Lover

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about gay marriage... I mean... I guess it's every persons right to get married if their in love, but it goes against the bible and... ultimately, I think I'll let God just work this one out, it's beyond me, so I just won't worry about it~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 pm
not to seem too conservative or "right winged" but..(we are in a christian forum so you should expect this)

gay marriage is wrong.

period, end of story. No matter if your in California, New Jersey, Canada, or Liberia. I don't care.

It is wrong just like lying is wrong, or stealing a piece of candy or a million bucks. God doesn't see gray areas. Sin is sin.

But please keep in mind as i write this, i don't think gay people are bad or terrible. Everyone sins...I'm not going to stop talking to my friend that has a problem with lying or make her feel like she's "sick" or have some kind of disease. have a good friend that's bi and we've talked about this. I go by "love the sinner, hate the sin" motto. So i do hate gay marriage...i will not support it, but i will also help a gay person and show them God's love in any way shape or form that i can. But i will not support their sin.  

Siren of Saturn

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 pm
mazuac

I'm not sure how I feel about gay marriage... I mean... I guess it's every persons right to get married if their in love, but it goes against the bible and... ultimately, I think I'll let God just work this one out, it's beyond me, so I just won't worry about it~

your siggy says "Unashamed" and i know this is probably a guild...but if your going to represent it, at least follow it. What's happened to taking a stand? >_<  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:23 pm
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

your siggy says "Unashamed" and i know this is probably a guild...but if your going to represent it, at least follow it. What's happened to taking a stand? >_<

True, and I know that God doesn't allow Gay marriage. And you know what, I don't support Gay marriage. Marriage, first of all, is supposed to be a sanctimonious event between a woman and a man, not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Plus, that's just not the way God made us, so... yeah XD Thanks for giving me that, I needed a good hit in the noggin to set my priorities straight!

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Ricette

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:41 pm
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

True, and I know that God doesn't allow Gay marriage. And you know what, I don't support Gay marriage. Marriage, first of all, is supposed to be a sanctimonious event between a woman and a man, not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Plus, that's just not the way God made us, so... yeah XD Thanks for giving me that, I needed a good hit in the noggin to set my priorities straight!

Um, if thats not how "God" made us, then why are there Gay people?
And how can America at least call itself home of the free if we shut down an institution that is not exclusively Christian or any of the main Monotheistic religions to same sex couples? You no longer need a God to keep people together or to marry someone. You got judges, Vegas, etc. And everyone only thinks its wrong these days because a rather archaic (my opinion) book says so. If there was no bible, no guidebook for faith, would we still feel this way? I doubt it about it.

And yeah I have been expecting these sort of responses, this is a predominately Christian guild. I just hope none of you stood in front of court houses or anything with those picket signs saying God Hates Fags or Fags Make God Cry. Those are the type of people this world would be better off without.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:36 pm
As long as this stays on the subject of gay marriage specifically, I think we can avoid merging it into the homosexuality thread. If it gets too unfocused, though, it's a trip the dedicated thread for everyone.  

Tarrou

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 pm
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

And how can America at least call itself home of the free if we shut down an institution that is not exclusively Christian or any of the main Monotheistic religions to same sex couples? You no longer need a God to keep people together or to marry someone. You got judges, Vegas, etc. And everyone only thinks its wrong these days because a rather archaic (my opinion) book says so. If there was no bible, no guidebook for faith, would we still feel this way? I doubt it about it.

And yeah I have been expecting these sort of responses, this is a predominately Christian guild. I just hope none of you stood in front of court houses or anything with those picket signs saying God Hates Fags or Fags Make God Cry. Those are the type of people this world would be better off without.

I know, about the whole America being the land of the free, which is why I am/was torn between supporting it or not. And I agree with you, about the picket sign things. First off, because God loves everyone, regardless of sexual orientation, though that doesn't mean he agrees with it. I use the motto "hate the sin, love the sinner!" Because the God even says he HATES sin, yet he says he loves all us people. And all us people are sinners. So I agree with you, those people saying those... terrible things is giving most of us Christians a bad name.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:23 pm
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

thanks and your welcome! Sorry if i came out a bit harsh. Just kind of surprised/irked at the first two posters to this christian thread. stressed  

Siren of Saturn

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

No, i would never stand infront of the court house. I would go to the gay marches and parades and try and find someone and invite them for a cup of coffee and a game of checkers. I would want to talk and develop a relationship with them. Not beat them senseless with a bible and broomstick. A lot of good that would do.

We are in a christian forum. As i said earlier, i don't care if it's America, Liberia, Canada, or freaking Poland. I'm talking about right and wrong. *sigh*
"Um, if thats not how "God" made us, then why are there Gay people?"
Why are their lairs, murderers, adulterers, fornicators, and abusers? God can't create sin. This is seriously such a simple concept. God can't have anything to do with sin, hence He sent His son Jesus so He could bridge that gap and clean our sin for us. God soooo didn't create gay people. Wow . Please don't tell people that either, because if God did create Gay people, than God creates murderess, rapists, Hitler, and a whole lot of other bad people. Gay people aren't bad. Their sin is bad. Murder is bad. Murder is sin. Hitler was a person, he could have been a good person, but what he did is what separated him from the love of Christ.
And not to be rude..but if your not a christian*which by the sound of your last paragraph i assume that your not?*, then may i ask, with all the politeness in the world...why are you in a christian guild?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:01 pm
I'm gonna have to disagree with this whole gay marriage thing. I don't believe that God intended us to be with others of the same sex.  

BRIAN BRADD0CK

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:08 am
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

No, i would never stand infront of the court house. I would go to the gay marches and parades and try and find someone and invite them for a cup of coffee and a game of checkers. I would want to talk and develop a relationship with them. Not beat them senseless with a bible and broomstick. A lot of good that would do.

We are in a christian forum. As i said earlier, i don't care if it's America, Liberia, Canada, or freaking Poland. I'm talking about right and wrong. *sigh*
"Um, if thats not how "God" made us, then why are there Gay people?"
Why are their lairs, murderers, adulterers, fornicators, and abusers? God can't create sin. This is seriously such a simple concept. God can't have anything to do with sin, hence He sent His son Jesus so He could bridge that gap and clean our sin for us. God soooo didn't create gay people. Wow . Please don't tell people that either, because if God did create Gay people, than God creates murderess, rapists, Hitler, and a whole lot of other bad people. Gay people aren't bad. Their sin is bad. Murder is bad. Murder is sin. Hitler was a person, he could have been a good person, but what he did is what separated him from the love of Christ.
And not to be rude..but if your not a christian*which by the sound of your last paragraph i assume that your not?*, then may i ask, with all the politeness in the world...why are you in a christian guild?

Wow, Siren. Once again you have made something clear to me that was not before. Wow, do you take apologetic classes?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:43 am
Siren of Saturn

Asterisks cannot be used parenthetically. That's what parentheses are for. Maybe an em dash.

Anyhow, this guild is open to anyone, regardless of whether or not he or she is a Christian, and it is expected that guild members will treat Christians and non-Christians with equal respect. Also, don't make the mistake of believing that 'Christian' means 'only that with which I agree'. Christianity is not doctrinally monolithic, and no poster here is any less a Christian for disagreeing with you. They can be against gay marriage totally, against gay marriage morally but willing to accept it because they don't believe that it is the government's place to legislate what is and is no 'sin', for gay marriage, or even gay and they are still as Christian as you.  

Tarrou

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:48 am
Tarrou
Siren of Saturn

Asterisks cannot be used parenthetically. That's what parentheses are for. Maybe an em dash.

Anyhow, this guild is open to anyone, regardless of whether or not he or she is a Christian, and it is expected that guild members will treat Christians and non-Christians with equal respect. Also, don't make the mistake of believing that 'Christian' means 'only that with which I agree'. Christianity is not doctrinally monolithic, and no poster here is any less a Christian for disagreeing with you. They can be against gay marriage totally, against gay marriage morally but willing to accept it because they don't believe that it is the government's place to legislate what is and is no 'sin', for gay marriage, or even gay and they are still as Christian as you.

What's the big deal, it's just an asterisk... And also, she wasn't being rude! She was just wondering why a non-Christian was in a Christian guild! I'm sorry, but I seem to have forgotten that we aren't allowed to ask other questions or debate over a subject, my bad! rolleyes

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff