Submit

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:02 pm
I'm looking for good christian music that has rap in it. I heard a few songs from a CD, that I was listening to while getting ride from my friend in his car. When I wanted to know who the artist is, he told me the name and I have no idea how to spell it. From what I can tell, it sounds like La-ray or something like that. I remember very little of the lyrics. I am trying to find it in playlist.com and the lyric kina goes like..

riding with my, riding with my, riding with my hood down, listing to this jesus music..

Unfortunetely, I am unable to remember anything else. So if anyone could refer me to anything that may resemble this or any artist of rap music will be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Hm, I've never heard of Christian Rap~ I have always said "you can't spell crap without RAP!" Hahaha, by that I am sure you can tell that I dislike rap... a lot...

Anyways, your should try googling "christian rap music" Infact I'll do that now!

Hm... I found a guy named "La rue" I dunno' how close that is, here's the link!

http://christianmusic.com/larue/larue.htm

Hope that helps! ^^

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Ricette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:12 pm
Christian rap? Doesn't exist. Now, people can SAY they are Christian Rap, but, they aren't. Christianity doesn't make good rap. Sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:20 am
Ricette
Christian rap? Doesn't exist. Now, people can SAY they are Christian Rap, but, they aren't. Christianity doesn't make good rap. Sorry.

There certainly could be Christian rap, as you've seen.

And, since when was rap ever good? XD

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:50 pm
@mazuac: Thank you for seeking the rap for me, but I'll just have to confront my friend on the matter again, as this site doesn't seem to contain what I'm looking for.

@Ricette: What do you see as "good rap"?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:13 pm
Apostolic Fox
@mazuac: Thank you for seeking the rap for me, but I'll just have to confront my friend on the matter again, as this site doesn't seem to contain what I'm looking for.

Tupac. Nuff said.  

Ricette

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:54 pm
I've never listened to Tupac. What did rap about?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:49 pm
Ricette
Apostolic Fox

Tupac. Nuff said.

Ugh, I apologize, but Tupac? Honestly, the only good "rap" song I enjoy is "where is the love?" by the Black Eyed Peas~ Other than that, rap songs are about sex, drugs, sex, abuse, sex, sex and drugs and sex. That's about it~!

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

DelightfulCatastrophe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 pm
Try looking up Soul P.
Great Christian rap :]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:08 am
mazuac
Ricette
Apostolic Fox

Tupac. Nuff said.

Ugh, I apologize, but Tupac? Honestly, the only good "rap" song I enjoy is "where is the love?" by the Black Eyed Peas~ Other than that, rap songs are about sex, drugs, sex, abuse, sex, sex and drugs and sex. That's about it~!

I rather like Tupac. He rapped about how life was on the streets and yes the occasional ho and such but I liked him. May he rest in peace.  

Ricette

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:58 pm
Ricette
mazuac
Ricette
Apostolic Fox

Tupac. Nuff said.

I rather like Tupac. He rapped about how life was on the streets and yes the occasional ho and such but I liked him. May he rest in peace.

Oh, well... I guess one reason I don't like rap is because of how they all like to rap about, well, bad things. And this can make people, you know, turn away from the education they need and focus on, well, "street stuff" XD. But yeah, that's just me~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:06 pm
The person I was looking for was Lecrae and his song was 'Jesus Muzik'. Right now I'm still going through some songs and haven't posted the updated playlist in my Gaia profile and I'll put to the top of the list so you don't have to scroll down to listen. I know that probably alot of you arn't interested and are more into rock, but just listen to a few track and follow along to the story that it tells. I came across alot that I haven't heard of that are really good.  

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:56 pm
I'm personally not a fan of rap myself, christian or secular*but i disdain secular rap* But i do know a few bands.

Grits,
Toby Mac
KJ-52
...heh. that's about it razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:37 pm
If you like Christian rap, then I suggest you check out KJ-52.
He's got some sweet music. : D

Lady Vetis

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:23 pm
Rap is terrible music. I mean, as a generalization, I find that it leads to stupidity due to the lack of any intelligence in the lyrics. And for a band which is 50% lyrics, if that's crap, that's already half the song. Now, I know some rap is intelligent and raps about world politics or actually decent subjects, but much of it is "lol check out my car and my aesthetic braces and rampant skank-whores", bragging about stupid things and possessions.

For this reason, I cannot listen to Korn, no matter how heavy their guitar is. to quote-
"Shut up
shut up
shut up
I'll ******** you up"

Firstly, the message is idiotic and lacking. Secondly, rhyming words with themselves? Can't do it. Can't let myself slide into the pile of stupidity.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff