Submit

EBunny
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:30 pm
You can test out your ideas for characters, concepts, get feedback, and so forth here. Remember, don't use them in the official threads until they're approved!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 pm
Haha, accidentally started a new thread...sorry about that! This whole thing is sorta new to me. Ah well, live and learn, as they say...

Anyway...

Hi! As newcomer to both this guild, and the Wonderful World of Role-Play, I submit, for your perusal, and approval (hopefully), my first character, who grew out of my very first role-playing experience. Since I have no artistic skills, and no computer skills with which to DISPLAY my lack of artistic skills, I shall use my Gaia avatar for illustrative purposes.

Name: Mortok (that's the name I used the first time, and I'm stickin' to it!)

Appearance: As you can see, he has something of a "cowboy theme". I haven't worked out any specifics regarding height or build, so for now, I shall call him "average".

Likes: Anything even slightly edible, ear scratches and belly rubs.

Dislikes: Bikes, cats and dragons.

Abilities/Talents: Quite good aim, a cast iron stomach, and the whole wolf-thing.

He never leaves the house without: His mask (to protect his secret identity), His twin revolvers (for shooting things), a variety of ammo for all situations, and of course, his hat.

Personality: Not the brightest crayon in the box. In an attempt to fit the stereotypical image of the demon hunter, Mortok projects what he likes to think is a macho, dependable, capable, and snappily-dressed image. To others, though, he comes off as sexist, and quite possibly retarded. He tends to lose his cool in crisis situations, and often needs to be helped out. When in wolf form, however, his true personality comes to the fore: sweet, thoughtful, eager to please, and respectful towards women...he even seems smarter!

Background: Mortok entered the Demon Hunting business when he returned home from a field trip one day to find his entire family slaughtered (probably) by werewolves (or maybe zombies, it's not certain). He swore a personal oath to hunt down and destroy all evil (especially werewolves). But upon his first real encounter with the occult, he proved to be quite useless, and was bitten by a psychopathic she-werewolf, who heard him talking smack about her species. Now, Mortok struggles to adapt to this recent change, including fitting his clothes with velcro for easy removal in the event of a sudden transformation.

Anything Else?: The crescent-moon badge on his hat is of mysterious origin, and exhibits magical properties that have yet to be fully determined.

Well, that's all for now. Any comments/crticism of my character would be appreciated, and if he happens to break any rules, let me know. Thanks to Taba for the invite, and looking forward to an insane, literate role-playing session with both of you in the near future!  

muletok1

EBunny
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm
biggrin Sounds good to me. Feel free to jump in wherever you'd like.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:55 pm
Welcome!!!!! rofl  

Taba_Atwood
Vice Captain

muletok1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:18 am
Since the school counsellor position is open, I thought I'd make a bid for it with my next character. Not sure how soon or how often he'll come into play though.

Name: Fred McHandsome

Physical Appearance: Blond hair, blue eyes, very defined muscles.

Height: 6'6"

Weight: Optimal for his height (whatever that may be)

Abilities/ Talents: Fred is an empath, able to sense and perhaps manipulate the emotions of others.

Background: Fred was originally created as a character for a science-fiction/fantasy soap opera, titled "Obssessions", but the plug was pulled before Fred even got to appear on the show, when the entire cast of the program was killed in a REAL freak yacht accident, instead of the fake one that had been intended. Fully realised, but without a fictional world to call home, Fred drifted through the ether of imagination, eventually happening across the School of Rejects.

Personality: As an empath, Fred is acutely tuned to the emotions of both the students and faculty, making him a perfect counsellor for the chaotic, high-stress environment of SoRe. His sensitivity, charm and movie-star good looks have earned him a great many admirers among both students and faculty. However, he seems totally oblivious to their infatuation, even when whole groups of girls faint in front of him.

That's it, I guess. Let me know what you think!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:26 am
::laughs:: oh boy, that'll be interesting. No problems here. Taba?  

EBunny
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Taba_Atwood
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 pm
Oh, this will be good XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 pm
((I decided to make a new character to shake things up))
Appearance: User Image

Name: Alastor

Inspiration: Christian Demonology

Age: Looks 18-19, but claims to have existed since before the universe was born.

Background: Alastor's past is a mystery. He is known to have a minor role in Christian mythology, but whether or not he counts as a "reject" is up for debate. At any rate, there is no record of his enrollment at SoRe. He just pops up wherever he pleases. His appearance is heralded by a glowing red pentagram on the floor/wall/whatever surface he feels like.

Personality: He will flirt with anything that moves, and enjoys practical jokes. He carries a deck of playing cards with him wherever he goes, although what purpose they serve is not known.

Powers/Abilities: As a demon, he can travel between the supernatrual and natural planes, perhaps even through time. If necessary, he can conceal his horns and tail in order to appear ordinary. Like all demons, he has infinite knowledge, and, if summoned and bound properly, will be forced to answer three questions truthfully, no matter what, before returning to the pit from whence he came.

His most impressive power is the ability to distort reality. He can conjure almost anything out of thin air, or even make things disappear. Nobody knows what his limits are, if any, but he hasn't caused too much trouble...yet.

Weaknesses: As he is a demon from Christian mythology, he is vulnerable to christian symbols (crucifixes, holy water, passages from the bible, etc.) However, symbols from other religions, such as Shinto or Buddhism do not affect him. He can also be harmed normally, but recovers quickly. Although he can't be killed, it is possible to destroy his physical body, forcing him to return to Hell and make a new one.

If summoned properly, Alastor is bound within the summon circle until a) he is dismissed by the summoner or b) he answers the requisite three questions.

((I don't know when I'll bring him into play. I'll just have to wait for the right time.))  

muletok1

muletok1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:58 am
Hello? Anybody out there? Character needs approval...hello?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:55 am
Ah, sorry. xd

Seems fine to me. What kind of knowledge/items/etc would you need to know how to summon him properly?  

EBunny
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

muletok1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:36 am
Well, since he can show up on his own anyway that probably doesn't matter. But I'll look up some stuff and come up with a ceremony. As far as I know though, Christianity is more about getting RID of the demons, rather than summoning them TO you.

Also, I was wondering. Does SoRe (the role-play that is, not the webcomic) have any sort of story-line? And if so, when will it "kick in", so to speak?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:57 am
Yeah, just curious about it, I don't have any chars who would know how to summon demons, but maybe the other players do.

As for storyline in the forums, while there is nothing solid or set, I was also hoping to get more people in before starting anything major, or at least getting more chars other than mine on the Pearl side. If you'd like to start your own storyline, that's totally fine, you could probably just start it right away unless its something major, then you might want to send me a PM first. They don't have to be anything major, either. I know I've got a dozen of small ideas just for fun. Once we really get going, we'll probably end up having multiple storylines going on at once, as well as the Main Campus for just chilling out.  

EBunny
Captain

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
Main page-Info & Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items