Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Vampires Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:53 am
Welcome to your Guide to Vampires!

As an awakened vampire for almost six years now, I believe that I have some important information that I want to share with you all about vampires and how they work. If you have any questions, feel free to either post in the thread or message me. I will not tolerate any meanness, and the rules of the Guild and of Gaia still apply within this thread.

Caution!
Some of the material contained within may not be suitable for all readers. I have tried to make it as pg-13 as I can, but the nature of vampirism can be a bit risque, so consider yourselves warned.

A word from the author:

With the current popularity of vampires in the media, there are going to be a lot of people out there who identify with the vampire archetypes. This is completely reasonable, and totally understandable. But please, and this is for everyone who reads this, understand that just because you relate to the vampires in the books, movies, and tv shows doesn't mean that you are a vampire. Before you claim to be one, please read this thread and other websites like it, and really try to understand who you are and where you have come from to get to today. It is extremely easy to be drawn to something and to assume that it explains you completely. But the facts of the situation is that no one thing can explain you. I am a psychic vampire, but I am also a wife, a student, a daughter, a sister, a bisexual, a witch, a Kemetic Pagan, and many, many other things. So please, keep all of that in mind before you decide that you are in fact a vampire. Also understand that the life of a vampire is a lot like the life of a non-vampire. In fact, understanding who you are doesn't really change anything about you. You'll still have to go to school or work, you'll still have to grow up or grow older, and you'll still have to deal with all the crappy and wonderful aspects of life. Just try to keep all of that in mind, and realize that vampires in myth and fiction are nothing like real vampires, but boy wouldn't if be fun if they were?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:54 am
Why do vampires exist?
A very good question with a very simple answer: Who knows? Everyone in the vampire community has a reason, but in my personal experience there is no one reason that applies to everyone. Some people think we're a natural evolution of existence, some people think that we are created from a flaw in evolution. Some believe that their vampirism is a side effect of some other soulic or physical quality, some people think that they were created with a specific purpose in mind. No one can really know for a fact why, just like no one really knows why people exist, or why life grew on this planet in the way that it did.

What is your definition of “vampire?”
To me, a vampire is someone who needs to consume energy other than the energy they can gain from consuming food to survive. This energy, call it chi or prana or whatever you want, can be consumed in many, many ways. Currently the most common methods of absorbing energy are through drinking or sipping blood and by the consumption of psychic energy. Sexual energy, emotional energy, and energy from plants and animals are also acceptable sources for certain individuals. There are also people who are what I would consider "lifestylers" in that they dress up and act out a romanticized, popularized idea of what vampires are according to what they have seen in the movies. While this isn't by any means a bad thing or a lesser thing, I wouldn't consider them vampires because they do it for fashion, fun, passion, or sexual stimulation, not because they require the energy to survive.

Okay, so are there different types of vampires?
At first instinct I would like to say that yes, there are different types of vampires in that there are different ways in which a need for energy can be created within a vampire. I think that some individuals, such as the Kheprians, have chosen to alter their subtle bodies and essentially create vampirism in themselves for whatever reasons they had. I believe that other individuals, such as myself, are suffering from a deficiency that has more to do with a disease or a condition of life. I do not believe that psychic and sanguinary vampires count as "different types" because I think regardless of our methods, the fact that vampires need to draw energy is what unites them as a whole, and technique is just a matter of personality, choice, and the ways in which we see the world around us.

Well, then, are vampires human or not?
That's a tricky question too, because I believe that there can be both "human" and "non-human" vampires. For example, I have noticed that there is a large co-morbidity between vampirism and otherkin. An otherkin, by strictest definition, feels that they are Other than human, so it is possible that you can be Other than human as well as a vampire. In general, though, I'd say that most if not all vampires are residing in human bodies and therefore are humans. I've never seen any proof that vampires have special DNA markers or uniformly carry the same diseases, so I'd say that on the whole they're all human. Though it probably would be fascinating to investigate as science progresses to see what the facts really are.

Can I be made into a vampire?
No, I don't believe that most human beings can be made into vampires, at least not in this day and age. You are either born a vampire, or not. I think that a long time ago, when magic was much more prevalent and people were more concerned with the fantastical that it might have been possible, if you had a very strong will and a good sense of how magic works. But in this day and age, we are surrounded by people who refuse to believe in anything that isn't provable by science or by experience, and that creates an atmosphere of disbelief in which grand acts of willpower or magic are snuffed out before they're even attempted.

Do you believe all vampires need to consume blood?
No, I do not believe that all vampires need to consume blood, primarily because I've seen many vampires (and am a vampire myself) who do not need to consume blood. I do believe that some people, because of their personalities or the way that they were introduced to vampires, or even because they believed the stereotypes of vampires that they saw in movies, have convinced themselves that they must consume blood to feel satiated and content. I think that's simply a personal matter and so long as they're not hurting themselves or others, it's not any of my concern.

Do you believe that all vampires need to consume energy?
This I do believe, because as I stated before, I think that's what makes a vampire a vampire, the need to consume energy that isn't consumed through traditional food. I think in this case, it's simply a matter of semantics, because if there were a being that needed to consume energy that we didn't have a word for, I know that I at least would default to saying that it is a vampiric entity, regardless of it's other traits. And again, whether or not they are consuming this energy via sexual interaction, blood, emotional energy, or simple force of will, they are still consuming energy.

So what's energy anyway?
Energy, I think, is the same regardless of what sphere you place it in. Energy is what makes the world up, literally. We wouldn't have stars or planets or people or Big Macs without energy. Energy makes up mass, it makes up movement, it makes up heat and light. It's everywhere in everything, which is why some vampires have the ability to draw in the energy of the world without actively taking from a person in specific. I also believe that when a vampire consumes energy they are simply transferring it to the necessary components of their life... They warm up their hands, for example, or make their movements easier. Energy is constantly changing form, so it doesn't seem far fetched at all to think that vampires can consciously change it.

Okay, so what about psychic abilities, aren't vampires just naturally good at them?
I do believe in psychic abilities, but I think that psychic abilities are intrinsic to everyone, not just vampires. I do not believe in "the supernatural" or anything that seems to imply that something in this world is not here for a reason. The human brain is a complicated, interesting thing that we still, regardless of our advanced technology and sciences, do not completely understand. Your average human is using only 10% of their brains potential at any given time, just as they are using only 15% of their average muscle potential at any given time. In dire emergencies, the body allows the muscles to exert their full potential in order to protect itself, and this is the circumstance which allows little house wives to lift SUV's off their children, or hikers to roll giant boulders off their foot. The problem is that when the muscles use 100% of their potential, it exerts such extreme force that the muscle is literally torn away from the bone, and sometimes even shreds itself. Needless to say, this could never happen all the time. I think it's the same way with the brain... If we were to use more of our brains potential, who knows what we could do? I believe that those of us who have tapped into our psychic potential are using just a little bit more of our brain power than those of us who haven't, and therefore everyone can do it, should they just try and learn to break down whatever barriers are preventing them.

Describe the relationship between average people and vampires, in your experience.
I really don't know what a relationship would be like, as I think it depends on the people involved ultimately. I have many friends who are normal or average, and we get along fine. Some of them even know about my vampirism, and they don't really care. But I can see how it would wind up in a painful termination of a relationship due to fear, paranoia, and misunderstandings. It's kind of like being gay... If you tell someone you are gay, no matter how close they are to you, it can either wind up with the person saying "Yeah, I know and I accept you for who you are" or with the person saying "I hate you, you're not my friend/sister/etc I want nothing to do with you."

Do you believe vampires have a special place in society?
No more or less so than anyone else in this world. Everyone has a role that they're meant to fill and a duty they're meant to complete. Call it fate, call it dharma, call it whatever you want, but we all have paths that we're supposed to walk down. Vampires just have a slight disability in that they're seen as the fringes of society. But that doesn't make us evil, special, or purple elephants, we still are what we are and do what we do.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:02 am
What are the symptoms of vampirism?
I differ from many people on the internet in this regard, as I don't really believe that there are any symptoms that apply uniformly to everyone. In fact, there's only one symptom that I can say applies to many vampires, and that is a feeling of depletion or exhaustion when not near people. In many cases, vampires who are unaware that they are vampires will draw in energy without even thinking about it, so it's impossible to say that all vampires lack energy without feeding consciously. Here, though, is a list of possible symptoms that you may or may not have. Always remember, though, that there could just as easily be mundane explanations for every one of these symptoms.

1.) Sensitivity to light, either the eyes or skin
2.) Extremely cold hands or feet that warm up after feeding
3.) Low energy levels, feeling sluggish without being ill
4.) Making other people feel exhausted without any obvious cause
5.) Missing or sickly chakras
6.) Weakness as a child, history of chronic illness
7.) Physical malformations (i.e. hole in your heart, weak lungs, etc)

I think I might be a vampire, what do I do now?
If you do think there's a chance you might be a vampire, firstly relax and breath deeply. Contrary to popular belief, there are no "vampire hunters" or "vampire slayers" out there, and most people won't really do anything to hurt you. I recommend that in order to be completely sure about your vampiric nature you do some solid research into the subject. Coming to the thread is a good first step, but there are plenty of other websites out there with more information just for you and people like you.

Sanguinarius.org is a remarkable wealth of information, for adults and teens alike. They even have a chat room where you can go and talk with other vampires and ask questions.

House Kheperu, or Kheperu.org is another wonderful site for new vampires, but be wary that they have a distinct set of values that revolve around the creation of their "House", very similar to a coven. Not everyone is a House member on the site, though, so feel free to read as much information as you can. They have a forum, as well, where you can talk with other vampires.

Drink Deeply and Dream is another fine resource, even if I don't always agree with Memory and Dream, the site's creator. There are plenty of worthwhile articles on the website to help you learn more. They also have a forum to talk to people about vampirism.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:22 am
As a vampire myself, as well, I would like to throw in a few more things.
One is simply born a vampire, and if you are Sanguine, Psi, or Hybrid, it makes no differance. If you are one, then acting like another will not really help you.
You said that not all vampires need to consume blood, but if they are sanguine, they do. They cant get a lot of evergy from psi feeding, and a lot of sanguines dont even really believe in the matters of energy.  

Ru Aear

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:36 pm
I'm gonna say I disagree, because the body has absolutely no method of drawing in any substantial form of nutrition from blood in the traditional manner, the body will simply pass any blood consumed out as waste. That being the case, any act of energy consumption tied to blood is simply a symbolic act, which is dictated (as I said in the original posting) by a matter of either perception or choice. In other words, blood is not the source of the energy, but a symbol of the energy being absorbed. This is why there are so many "hybrid" vampires in the world, because the energy is the same whether it is taken in primarily through a conscious act of will, an act of sexual passion, or a drinking of blood.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:03 pm
Humm, this is really interesting 3nodding . I have a couple of questions for you.

So do vampires only use the excess energy from a person, or do they just take it regardless of the person's need for it? Or does that just depend upon the person's decision? Is it something that can be effectively controlled? Isn't taking someone else's energy technically harming them? I'd really like to know how you find ways to make your vampirism work with Wicca.

I actually think this is really interesting and makes me wonder if I might be one. I've really noticed an issue with a lot of my chackra vortexes/points are either really weak or I can't find them at all (I haven't done too much research on them, but I've read about the points from the crown to the pelvis). I don't think I tire other people out though, they seem to actually become energized from what I can tell when I do, but I do notice my energy actually significantly rising when I'm around other people. I've also noticed that my natural inclination when working with energy is to draw or absorb it, and I have a lot of problems sending it out to something else. I might do some more research on it.  

Kyou Nitsune

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:30 pm
I wanted to avoid becoming a "how to manipulate energy" thread, but since you asked directly, I'll answer and anyone who is curious can read this far down, lol.

Kyou Nitsune
So do vampires only use the excess energy from a person, or do they just take it regardless of the person's need for it? Or does that just depend upon the person's decision?

That depends on the vampire. The ethical vampire will take either only excess energy or ambient energy, the taking of which hurts no one, or they will take only from a willing, knowledgeable donor. There is a code of ethics that many, but not all, vampires follow known as The Black Veil. But it is not my place to try to impose ethics on anyone, so I didn't want to bring it up.

Quote:
Is it something that can be effectively controlled? Isn't taking someone else's harming them? I'd really like to know how you find ways to make your vampirism work with Wicca.

First, I'm not a Wiccan, so I have no concern about that. But yes, you can control vampirism in a number of ways, though it never goes away. The Hunger that we feel is strong sometimes, and it can be difficult to manage, but through a scheduled set of feedings, either ambient feeding or through a donor, you can control the desire to feed. Some people who do not have donors feed from either non-human animals (though that may not be considered ethical by all people) or plants. Yes, sometimes taking energy from someone can be considered harmful, it's true. Usually that is only a deep feeding or feeding with malicious intent, and occasionally an ignorant vampire can hurt a donor without realizing it. A practiced, ethical vampire will not hurt someone by taking their energy. Many vampires are very well aware of how much energy they're taking as they feed, and many donors have a lot of energy to begin with, so the conscientious vampire is a careful person. Also, some vampires simply have a less severe version of the condition than others, and need to feed less frequently and/or less deeply than others.

Quote:
I've really noticed an issue with a lot of my chackra vortexes/points are either really weak or I can't find them at all (I haven't done too much research on them, but I've read about the points from the crown to the pelvis).

If you *are* missing a chakra, then you could very well be vampiric. I can't say for sure, but I'd recommend getting a chakra or energy reading to determine what the case is... You might not be sensitive enough, or they might simply be vastly out of tune.

Quote:
I don't think I tire other people out though, they seem to actually become energized from what I can tell when I do, but I notice my energy actually significantly rising when I'm around other people.

The funniest thing about vampires is that sometimes other people DO feel more energy from them. Not all vampires, mind, but I have found that certain vampires are essentially leaking energy into the atmosphere around them, and hence they need to absorb the energy of others to make up for that leak. And many people can and do feel and absorb the ambient energy of others without being vampiric, it's simply an energy worker's technique and a very popular one at that as it can come very naturally to people. It's only when they *need* the energy that it is classified as vampirism.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:05 pm
Alright, sweet. Thanks for answering my questions. I'll do some more research into it when I find the time. :3  

Kyou Nitsune

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:47 am
Alright, I know the basics of vampires and whatnot, but what about their beginning? Do they have a creation story, and, if so, where can I find it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:42 pm
Two questions: 1) Would having a blood transfusion give a vampire the same effect as feeding?
2) Is it possible for a psychic vampire to feed across long distances? (such as while talking over the phone or on an instant messenger? )  

StrawberryDaifuku

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:54 pm
WelkingPath
Alright, I know the basics of vampires and whatnot, but what about their beginning? Do they have a creation story, and, if so, where can I find it?

Sort of. There are quite a few theories how vampires are created, and almost everyone has a unique perception of which one is right and which is wrong. This link has some ideas of theories, as does this link. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know, but I do know that some things seem more plausible than others.

StrawberryDaifuku
Two questions: 1) Would having a blood transfusion give a vampire the same effect as feeding?
2) Is it possible for a psychic vampire to feed across long distances? (such as while talking over the phone or on an instant messenger? )

1.) I don't actually know, but I would imagine probably not, as blood is not really as important to vampires as the energy they get from drinking blood. This link is an article I wrote on whether or not vampires need blood.
2.) Yes, many psychic vampires claim that this is the best option because it can be difficult to find a donor who lives nearby. It takes some work, some practice, and plenty of concentration and experience to do so, but it's definitely possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:58 pm
*claps* Great thread! Well written and informative.

Just read the Psychic Vampire Codex and while I don't believe I myself am a vampire, I really enjoyed reading it. It taught me a lot more about the nature of energy. Your little article thing here really helped reinforce all that I read while still giving a new perspective from a new person.

Thanks for this. =]

xoxo
Shayna  

vegwiccan

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:24 pm
Glad you enjoyed it, I like to help.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:18 am
I was wondering, out of complete curiosity, have you ever gotten you hands on a copy of the Vampyre Bible? It's a good read. I'd recommend it to any who are interested.  

JeanMorgan

JeanMorgan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:20 am
Secondly, I just wanted to say something about your spelling of the word. I have never met a Vampyre that spelled it with an 'i'. Just as any serious witch spells magick as such. Why did you choose to spell Vampyre as Vampire?  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games