Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:58 am
A quick question about god approvals, or more specifically denied quests: will people whose quests have been denied be given some idea what needs to be changed about them?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:20 am
So obviously I'm a newbie here. I didn't see a 'shop' link. Where can I get my Lion? Do I need to enter a contest to win one? or do I just need to find the right thread and request one for gold?  

Himura Rikuo

Invisible Heckler

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 am
The main thread is here!

Flatsales are pretty rare, your best bets are just hanging out in the thread and making friends (there are often giveaways or raffles in the thread), or checking out the breeding/customs forum or the events forum. There are a couple of raffles up in the events forum now. If you see an open customs thread in the customs forum, you can post and try to get a custom. People having litters sometimes offer a chance to custom in to their litter, you'll find those in the breeding customs thread. smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:25 pm
I know there's an official shop policy regarding adolescents that have been in that stage for six months, but is there anything similar for the younger stages in existence?  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:04 pm
This is a question sort-of relating to Fey's.

Is there any shop policies on breeding when cubs are stuck at juve stage? I have a lioness who has cubs at juvenile age, but they last grew ten months ago. Since they should be adolescence, is there any rule on breeding that lioness since her cubs should be adolescent/adult by now, or does the 'cubs must be adolescent' rule still apply to her?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:10 am
There isn't anything about those younger then adols at the moment.

Will look into the breeding again thing!  

Remove

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:16 am
Princess_Feylin
A quick question about god approvals, or more specifically denied quests: will people whose quests have been denied be given some idea what needs to be changed about them?

Yes.

Even quests that are approved may be given some notes on what could maybe use some work since powers are an important part of it and they don't need to be approved with the concept.

But if you're denied, you will get an explanation of why and any ideas/suggestions we can come up with for making it work :3  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:21 am
Thanks, 'Cavi.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Himura Rikuo

Invisible Heckler

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:56 am
I really want to have an SoA. I have the gold for it but getting a custom is like pulling teeth. Do I just have to be patient? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, what is this I see about approvals?

I think this is my last question, if I custom a cub do I have to pay every time it moves to an older version?  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:15 am
@ Humura - getting a custom is just kind of luck of the draw. Keep applying, and with luck you'll eventually get picked. Major custom month is in September- that's a good chance to get one. Patience is key.

Approvals are for people questing SoA gods- you need to have the concept approved BEFORE you are allowed to enter for a god.

No, if you custom a cub, the cost if 500k, and that's it. The 500k covers all stages. That's why it's less to custom other stages (like 350k for an adult).  

Mtorolite

Himura Rikuo

Invisible Heckler

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:46 am
Mtorolite
@ Humura - getting a custom is just kind of luck of the draw. Keep applying, and with luck you'll eventually get picked. Major custom month is in September- that's a good chance to get one. Patience is key.

Approvals are for people questing SoA gods- you need to have the concept approved BEFORE you are allowed to enter for a god.

No, if you custom a cub, the cost if 500k, and that's it. The 500k covers all stages. That's why it's less to custom other stages (like 350k for an adult).

Sweet...thanks so much for all the answers smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:46 pm
No sweat. Honestly, the best, oft-repeated advice is: hang out in thread, watch for games, watch for contests, make some friends. People like gifting cubs.  

Mtorolite

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:47 pm
So I have a question about a pride,

The pride only has one owner and the owner is currently MIA and it doesn't look like they've posted in a thread some where was during Dec. The last time I talked was on Jan. 30, 2011. We finished an RP but I haven't seen her around after that. I sent her a message not that long ago on the 2nd of this month and I hasn't been open. I've also been keeping an eye out for her on AIM and haven't found her from what I can tell no one has really seen her in a while. She was the only owner of the pride and owned the highest ranking Lioness. I own the second highest lioness and I own a whole family there. I want to throw a lion in the pride and I have a mate for one of my lions that will be joining the pride too. I really don't want my lions to leave the pride and I know some other's don't either.

I really don't know what to do about that @_@ I mean I can get a joining RP but I'm pretty sure I need permission to join first.

So when a owner goes MIA What do I do? DX

EDIT: From what another person has says RL has eaten her and she didn't think she was going to come back :C

Also if nothing can be done (I really hope so but..) Is it possible to open an offshoot?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:04 pm
In regards to pride/pack RP contests and JRP, do they still need a completed one like everyone else? Because two being certed and another from the same contest told otherwise is confusing me.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:22 pm
@Hoshi: They still need a JRP.  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games