Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
Indian Persona Listings (Introduce yourself!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm
User Image

User ImageName: Dancing Otter

Appearance: Generally he's found smiling, doesn't like to wear much as it hinders him in the water and in the woods and has an exceptional physique. He stands quite tall among others at 188 cm. (6'2" or so) and has the lean musculature of a swimmer or a runner. He's a skilled hunter and fisher and is rarely seen without a spear in hand. He wears a necklace that was handed down from his father and another that he got trading pelts with a neighboring clan, with real glass beads.

Age-range: Mid-twenties (23-27 or so)

Personality: Dancing Otter is friendly and outgoing, quick to laugh and make fun with others. He's also quick to take up the pipe or a drink. He's been described as rowdy, rambunctious and even disruptive. One of the reasons he initially moved out to live by himself was that he was tired of being constantly criticized by those older or more 'prudish' them himself.

Relationship Preferences: In friendship he often feels more comfortable and laid back around other men because if he treats women in the same casual fashion they tend to get upset or even offended. He's very tactile in his friendships, wresting around, challenging others and in general rough-housing. Around women he generally tones it down a bit, laughs a bit less loudly, doesn't shove them around or slap them on the back quite as hard but he still has a reputation for being a bit rough - most of his female friends either understand he means no disrespect or have a bit of tom-boy in them.

In love he hasn't had much luck. He had one relationship which lasted for almost a year but ended because neither of them could see themselves settled down with each-other in the future and so moved on to other people - though he hasn't been in any sort of real relationship since. He is bisexual, mostly because he's more attracted to people by their personalties and he gets on a bit better with men. He is however physically attracted to both and generally is somewhat attracted to anyone he calls friend. He rough-houses and flirts with just about everyone though, so it's difficult to tell. User Image

Favorite Food: 'Sweet sunbird' - A delicacy that his mother taught him to cook just before she died. It consists of game bird coated in honey and ground nuts, then wrapped in corn husk with sweet corn and small mushrooms. It's his favorite thing to eat and he rarely shares it as it's special to him.

He loves experimenting with different things for flavor and will often cook meat wrapped with things others would never consider - like sweet fruits or bitter roots. He also enjoys fish, strawberries, sweet potatoes and has a weakness for sweet cream which he trades fine meat and pelts for with the women in the village whenever he goes there.

Activities: While he lives apart from the village he provides for them on a regular basis - but he finds it easier to hunt when he doesn't need to hike far away from the village each time he goes on a hunting trip. On a general day he'll head into the nearby creek to catch fish with his nets - bringing his spear with him on the lucky chance of large game coming for a drink. On some days he'll go into the village and spend time with his old friends and the children of the village who seem to love it when he comes by. Probably because the more strict of the elders disapprove so severely of him.

Background: {Under constant construction as he is an ever developing character (sometimes they don't tell me everything about themselves right away)}. Both of his parents are no longer with him. His mother was killed when a tornado hit when he was in his teen years and his father never returned from a trade route he embarked on several years ago. When Dancing Otter went looking for him his trail went dead in between two of the trading stops and he was unable to find him even after searching for over 8 months. He has had one 'real' relationship and a scattering of one-time flings and lovers that he hasn't been entirely serious about (and may or may not have a child, depending on role-play).

User ImageSoquili: Atalanta is the one soquili that Dancing Otter currently has, and he is grateful for her presence but does not yet consider her as being his. She's just one who happens to hang around his tent that he has yet to try and actually ride - after-all getting bucked from a flying soquili while she's in mid-flight would probably prove fatal. So for the time being he's working on building his friendship with the mare, and her trust in him.

Atalanta's strengths are her intelligence and speed. She herself has a bit of a wild streak and appreciates darkness a bit more then perhaps she should. She was originally drawn to Dancing Otter through sheer amusement at his behavior and interest in watching him hunt. Through an as-of-yet-unwritten series of events she began to consider him a friend and continues to stick around him out of both curiosity and in genuine interest in his odd behavior. It also helps that he gives her the most interesting tasting treats she's ever had... sometimes she's almost tempted to take him soaring through the air as she's seen others of her kind do with the two-leggeds to see what sort of reaction he'd have. If he ever showed interest, she'd probably let him.

User ImageRole-play Color: Otter Brown (#49260D)

Role-play preferences: I play in third person, present or past tense depending on your preference. I like descriptive narrative posts in story-teller format - meaning paragraphs easily read instead of *action marks*. I like longer posts as opposed to shorter, but I also don't want to feel the pressure to post 18 paragraphs every time I post - so I like other players who enjoy a happy medium. I want to play for fun, not bust my a** to prove I can write a novel. On the other hand I also don't enjoy continuous one-liners.

Role-play interests: For Dancing Otter I'm very interested in developing him as a character instead of just having him be the human that owns the teepee my Soquili live in. If you'd like to role-play with Dancing Otter please PM me with a subject like 'Dancing Otter rp' or something and either link me to a profile for your character or provide some info about them so I know who I'm about to role-play with. Currently I'm only interested in playing him with other human-characters (unless you have a great idea). If we hit it off I might then be interested in playing him against Soquili, it's just easier for him to interact when he can more easily communicate.

Relationships: I'd like him to develop some strong friendships at first and maybe a romance (or two) at a later date. I'm not interested in throwing him into a committed relationship with anyone any time soon, however, but he doesn't mind a good flirt session. I seriously doubt he'd ever settle down enough to be a steady other-half for someone - he's too wild and impetuous for that, and he has a wandering sirit (and eye). However I may eventually be interested in an SL where he has a child or two.

Looking for:
- Male and female friends
- Younger people for him to teach things and play with
- Elder who cares for him and sees hope in him
- People of all ages who think he's a troublemaker
- Hunting/Fishing partners who may or may not be his good friends
- Ex-girlfriend and open for various occasional or ex-lovers (male or female)
- Possible mother of a child (I'd like to play the child)

Picture Credits: Pictures are from Wild Rock, a manga by Kazusa Takashima and Gaia Avatar was done by me in Photoshop.

Please note that sometimes I am unable to get on Gaia for a few days, so if you PM me and I don't respond immediately I am not ignoring you. I just haven't logged on long enough to reply yet. All seeking role-play will get a reply at my first opportunity! Teepee will be linked as soon as it's set up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:20 pm
Name: Eilonwy
Tribal name: Galisgia Soquili ( Dancing Horse )
Personality: Headstrong, courageous, and wild are three words to describe her. She is strong and easily angered, her best friend being the Usidia, Fancy. She absolutely hates her father and her mother was her role model.
Peeves: She mashes berries and puts them in her blonde hair, then when she washes them off she has a colored streak down her hair. She often dooes that to her horses, too.
DOB: March 9th

Splashfur

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:35 pm

Name: Fighting Cub (youth-name)
Nickname: Little Cub (named by brothers)

User Image Gender: Male

Age-range: Older teen (17-19) though he looks between 13 and 15 and has been mistaken as such in the past.

Height: 5.6ft (still growing)

Appearance: His skin is the usual soft tan of most tribe members. His hair, however, is a strange soft golden colour that almost glows in the sunlight. His eyes are also rather unusual but less exotic than his hair, being a warm rich amber colour. Both are the result of his mother's race, he is the only one of the four brothers to inherit her colouring.
Small for his age, he is one of those that are slow to develop. Thus he is often mistaken as younger than his age. He is fit from the life of a young tribe member but as of yet hasn't built any of the strength he will possess as an adult.

Personality: He is feisty. With three older and far stronger brothers to live up to he feels like he has something to prove and it has to be now. When he doesn’t feel the need to measure himself against others he is a sweet and caring personality, though often a bit naive about the world.

Background: (Continueally evolving)His parents and three older brothers all live within the tribe. The two oldest moved out and now have families of their own, or are working towards that state. The other two are nearing the age were they will fly the nest. Fighting Cub is the youngest by a few years and was something of a surprise. But the home is a happy if boisterous one, only suffering from the arguments that any energetic family will have.

- Father: Stalking Leopard
A rowdy youngster who grew up into a well rounded and honest hunter and provider for his own family. He came across Swan in Moonlight during his travails along the trade route and purchased her for himself. After some learning on both sides they married and settled back in Stalking Leopard's home village.

- Mother: Swan in Moonlight
She is not one of the Kawani tribe, but married into it. She is a white woman who had been raised as an indian squaw since she was a toddler. Her husbands family disapproved the marriage, but have since come to at least accept the state of affairs as Swan has proven herself a good wife and mother.

- Eldest Brother: Charging Bison
Brash and c**k-sure, the eldest sibling likes to test his strength and prowess against anyone who is foolish enough to challenge him, or who will raise to his baiting. He is still single, but has a female with whom he spends much of his time when he isn't with the other braves or training.

- Second Eldest: Soaring Eagle
One of the villages best trackers and a decent hunter, he considers himself separate from most of the other rowdy young men. Indeed he is more likely to be found alone watching the animals or with his soquili mare than rough-housing with the other braves. His new wife is a shy girl of remarkable beauty though how he managed to steal her away from the more energetic single males of the village remains a mystery.

- Middle Brother: Playful Fish
The 'casanova' out the brothers, he is forever chasing after anything female that crosses his path. Due to being easily distracted he is of moderate skills in hunting and tracking, but is beloved of most of the single female population of the village. His prime rival being that of Dancing Otter, over whom he has sworn many a vow of revenge for each maiden tasted before he could reach her. His single outstanding skill that doesn’t involve the fairer sex is swimming. Able to beat most of the men in the village hands down at any swimming contest.

Soquili: None as of yet

Relationships: Has met Dancing Otter and is now apprentacing under the brave.

Looking for:
- Male and female friends around his own age
- Teacher to show him how to hunt and track, how to be a full member of the tribe like his brothers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:21 pm
User Image
Western Name: Daisy
Indian Name: Shiheezhi
Native Name Meaning: younger sister

Physical Description:
Long brown braided hair ,doe green eyes, when hair is undone it becomes curly. has a small bit of freckles on nose and cheeks.

history
staying near the forest she doesn't do too much, mainly watching animals and finding herbs to help remedy, not too good though, but knows enough to tell if it may be helpful or poisonous...maybe. she prefers to run bare foot, and isn't overly social, unless someone needs help  

mew-neko

Familiar Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tipsy 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Theidren
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:25 pm
Name: Amadahy[ Ah-mah-dah -He](Forest Water)
D.O.B: July 24
Height: 5”6
Family: Grandmother:Salali(Squirrell)
Aunt: Tsisgwa (Bird)

Physical Appearance: Amad has tanned skin from spending so much time outside, light blue eyes like the sky (something that baffles other tribe members and causes her to draw into herself sometimes) and framed by thick long lashes. She wears her long dark chocolate brown hair down letting it tumble around her shoulders. Amadahy wears two feathers in her hair one a reddish brown the other a silver grey. Usually she opts to wears leather deerskin leggings with a tunic like shirt to keep her cool in the warm summer months, in winter she wears layers of long sleeved deerskin shirts to keep warm. She hates to wear shoes (the one exception is when she is made to wear them and in winter). Amad is tall for her age and is lean with muscle.

Personality: Loves anything in nature, which is why she is outside so often. Amadahy also loves to run she is quite often found running down the beach or from the forest to the river. She absolutely hates wearing shoes and usually opts to not wear them. She is a bright young lady and respects her elders (except for the shoe thing), but it quiet. Amad usually watches and adds input when she sees fit or if it is asked of her. Loves to go on adventures and hear stories. Is self conscious about her unusual eye color. She also likes to learn to use herbs to heal and cook and learn how to hunt (is pretty handy with a bow!)

Backstory: Wasn’t born in the Kawani village, she doesn’t remember much of it either. Amadahy’s parents lived in a village across the plains, they had to make the long trek here when their village was struck by disease. Knowing that they had a child to look after both of her parents made the long journey…or as much of it as they could. Soon after they had left her mother gave birth to her in the forest by the river, and not to much longer after that Amadahy was left in front of her grandmother (Salali) and her aunt’s(Tsisgwa) teepee. Her parents left a note and then disappeared into the forest again hoping that the disease would not follow them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:13 pm
*Work in Progress*
Player's name: Yuuka Kurokawa
Character: Adsila- Cherokee for blossom
Personality: Sweet, gentle, and kind Adsila is usually mistaken for being shy and strange. The young maiden is very soft spoken and only raises her voice if she is angry or upset. A bit of an oddball, she likes to keep to herself which is how she met Zui
Peeves: Anyone who abuses a soquili, kelpi, or mer.
Appearance:User Image
Soquili: Zuilian aka Zui for short. (Co-owned with Lorako)
Birthdate: First day of spring
Family: None  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

o_0undertaker_15_0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:20 pm
Name: Willow Bigsky
Personality: Nervous and afraid of anything unfamiliar.
Appearance: Long black hair that hangs just over her backside, dark brown eyes, short in stature, deep tan, a beaded choker around her neck
D.O.B: July 15
History: She was orphaned at only three years old and taken in by a local tribe. At fifteen, she parted ways with the small tribe. She now wanders around, jumping at every foreign movement but still wanting to make friends.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Name: Lily Darkheart
Personality: Lily tends to stay by herself. She's social, but finds that being by herself isn't so bad. She's very kind and caring, and hates to see Soquili or other human die or get hurt. Lily is was most people would call an introvert and a worrier, and an outsider.

Appearance: She goes against the norms and wears britches instead of a skirt or dress. She says it's easier to move around in. Her clothes are all tanned deer hide, and simply decorated. Her long hair is more brown than black, and the long tresses fall in waves down her back. She's not very tan, but there is a brown color to her skin. A choker with a single fox tooth is around her neck.

History: ...it's comming, I swear!

Soquili: Duskai - The Silent One, Lily calls her. She found the mare fully grown, wandering around the forest her teepee is in. She thought the mare was strange, because not many sounds came from her as she approached. She is content to have a horse that is very much like herself.  

a-disgruntled-dragon

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:50 pm
WIP

Name: Rin

Age: 24 but acts much younger than she really is so it confuses those around her, and makes them think she's 16.

Personality: Rin is not the sanest person. She has her quirks and tends to show them, making small noises and giggling at nothing. Her personality is twisted, and concealed, hardly ever talking with those around her, she spends more time sleeping in trees and avoiding chores than being a productive member of the tribe.

Appearance: Her hair is usually pulled up, but there are days where it looks as though she dragged herself backwards through a bramble bush. Unlike others, she doesn't take terribly good care of her clothes, tears and worn spots can be seen in the plain looking doe skin dress. She tends to be barefoot, the soles of her feet hardened with running on the ground. Her hair color ambers from a rather odd auburn color, to almost blond at the tips. If it's brushed out, her hair falls well below her waist. Her eyes are never the same color twice when you look at them or that's how it seems. And though she has tanned hands and calves, the rest of her looks very pale.

History: Rin was another of the wandering people lost within the forests. However when she was found, her mind had completely lost all connection with this world. She mumbled incoherently for the first few years she was with the new tribe, unable to say much about where she was from. She was only 10 when they found her, clinging to a torn doll.

Through the years she's managed to at least be able to communicate with the others of the tribe, when needed. She hasn't made many friends, and though she watches the others from the trees she still feels she's in the wrong place.

Soquili:
Eviotil ver Spitfire(co-owned with SkyDragono): A mean spiteful creature, that only hangs around Rin for the food stuffs she carries. At least that's what she keeps telling others.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:10 am
User Image

User ImageName: Tewa
Name Meaning: Flying squirrel
Name Orgin: Cherokee
Name Phonix: Tay wah
Tribe: Kawani
Role Play color Darkolivegreen
Physical Stats:
Height: 5'4
Hair color: Black
Hair Length: long - to mid back
Hair Style: out of the face, usually braided
Eye Color: Brown rimmed in blue
Skin tone: Light tan
Build: Athletic
Bust size: medium
Family:
Both of her parents are deceased having died from an illness when she was 6. Since then She has lived on her own with her brother, up until a year ago when Aponi came into their life. Those two, her brother, named tlanuwa, and the other is something of an adopted sibling, named Aponi are who she calls family.
Personality: Gentle, strong, kindhearted, Helper.
A bit about her:Due to her parents early death Tewa was raised by her brother, a very stern, strong male with no room for wasted time, except when it came to his sister Tewa, his one soft spot. As a result Tewa was often spoiled by her brother, him doing such because he felt that he needed to make up where his parents had left off. Where this might make others pampered and arrogant it did nothing of the sort for Tewa. Instead she doted on her brother in return. She understood, in her own way, why he treated her so well and sought to lessen his feelings of guilt concerning her. As a result at a young age Tewa took on the responsibilities of keeping the home front safe, clean, and well stocked with herbs, food and many other things.

Her brother is the hunter of the family, and the tradesmen so often he is gone for extended periods of time traveling and hunting all in order to support their family. When her brother is away Aponi, also skilled in hunting, does the hunting while Tewa continues to take care of the home front, occasionally Aponi helps as well, when Tewa lets her.

Often times when her brother has to be gone for extended periods of time, Tewa tends to wander closer to the main part of her tribe. Never part of it, always watching it from afar, (As both herself and her brother live in the mountain ranges away from the main encampment of their tribe.

Through Trial and error she learned to cook as she had seen her mother do when she was young, as well as herb lore and use, she's actually has great skill in healing.

Because of her soft nature, it's not uncommon for her brother to come home and find an animal bandaged up and being cared for. He allows this behavior, knowing that until recently she's not had the privilege of human company, and he blames himself for that.

Her Soquili:
User Image It was a dark rainy night in the mid of winter, her brother was away, and Aponi had gone out to have a bit of time to herself, something she was accustomed to doing, when Tewa heard a noise that woke her from her sleep. Like something crying from pain in the night.

Not a heavy sleeper, she arose and got dressed then went outside to see what was happening. As she left her tepee she followed the sounds until she reached the most amazing sight, a soquili in the middle of birthing. Quietly she watched the beautiful black and white horse, all seemed to be going well, until the babe fell from it's mothers womb. The mother laid it's head down and stopped moving.

She knew this was not normal even for a soquili. Tewa doing what she does best when it came to sick animals approached the wild Soquili calmly. But when she got to the mares still warm body she realized something, the mare had died. A tear fell down her face as she looked to the baby.

She knew from a young age, that a newborn Soquili needed to be put in a basket instantly. So Gently she grasped the young one and took it to her tepee, where it was nice and warm. And there while the sweet thing struggled for life, she wove a basket and gently before it could wake she set it in with some food and stuff as she'd been taught by her mother as a child. She was actually rather surprised that she could remember such things. Placing a lid upon the basket and weaving it closed with blue ribbon she'd found, she gave a kiss to the basket and thanked the mother moon and mother earth that she'd been able to find this young one in time to save it.

And this was how she found Serenity  

The Trapped One

5,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:16 pm
Name: Litonya Suletu
Meaning: "Darting hummingbird flies"
Source: Miwok
Birthdate: sometime in Cold Moon
Appearance: soft, unruly, long black hair pulled into a braid, deep brown eyes, skin a bit on the lighter end of the spectrum, about 5'

Personality: Litonya is very quiet, mute, some say. She seems to have a fondness for things that fly and for soquili. She's certainly kind and industrious. She's also artistic, but she keeps herself mostly to herself. Her basket-weaving is somewhat different from the other villagers, being stylistically more closely related to the Miwok style of what is now California.

History: Litonya was found as a teenager with her father on the outskirts of the village, having come from a village so far west, no one has any idea how she got here. It is presumed something happened to cause her father to leave his home and go east. Litonya's mother died giving birth to Litonya, but what little is known of her mother is from silver and turquoise belongings that her mother must have given to Litonya's father as an inheritance for Litonya. Litonya and her father spent some time back west in his home, but later continued his journey east together but seem to have had an incident with a wolf before they arrived, for Litonya's father died shortly after they arrived. It is only through him that anything is known of Litonya, for she has hardly said a word since she arrived in Kawani Village.

She doesn't precisely live in the village, since she isn't used to being in one place long enough to form strong bonds with other people outside her family. She is largely self-reliant.

Soquili: arriving shortly; will be a wind. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:44 am
User ImageName: Bakura
Nationality: Kawani
Hair: Bakura has mid-thigh length, jet black hair that she usually pulls back into a loose half ponytail, usually held by six rather small pins. On most occasions she’ll pull a bit of her hair to the front and decorate the strands with medium circular holders.
Eyes: Gold
Appearance: Standing at 5’4” and 130 lbs Bakura is a slim and delicate person. Not extremely busty or curvy she’s rather plain in actual appearance. She usually opts to wear a light, light buckskin two piece outfit. The top reaches just past her chest with frills along the collar. A dark blue stone is set in the middle. From the stone hang two beaded strings of white and blue. Her bottom portion is a long skirt that reaches her ankles with a slit up the right side, about to the middle of her thigh. She adorns a turquoise belt that she normally ties off to the side. Bakura goes barefoot most of the time and always wears a thin headband with three white and brown feathers, the stems usually hidden by her half ponytail. Accessory wise She wears a beaded choker and necklace of white and dark blue, silver armbands and white bracelets on her arms, and medium sized white earrings.
Roleplay Color: #005599
materials, especially the special material that’s made into the baskets that hold each and every Soquili.
Personality: Bakura is a rather quite individual who has a calm presence about her. She’s rather a listener than a talker and loves to gaze off into the horizon at sunset near her home. She isn’t really one for huge groups or large gatherings and instead prefers to keep to herself and a small group of friends. However, she is never really one to turn somebody away if they need help, hence her occupation as a healer. Bakura is someone who has a love for life a nature, but prefers a quiet living about it.
Soquili: None at the moment, but she loves to watch those still wild and running free. She has seen one Soquili near the woods that she’s taken a small liking too; however, that Soquili hasn’t come forward yet and prefers to keep to familiar territory. And so Bakura waits patiently for her first Soquili still.

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:05 pm
WORK IN PROGRESS biggrin
User Image Name: Nayeli Ominotago (Zapotec for I love you, beautiful voice)
D.O.B.: she doesn't know when her birthday was.
Family: She doesn't have any and has lived by herself in the village.
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Orientation: Bi-sexual
Occupation: Basket-weaver and caretaker of Soquili that are left in her care.
Post Color: firebrick
Appearance: Mid-back length black hair. Layered with white beads adorning a lock of hair on each side. Tan skin tone with hazel eyes. A simple headpiece with white feathers. A simple peach and red dress.

Personality: Nayeli is kind and has a deep care for all living things. She loves children and animals. Although she seems sweet because of this, she can have a temper and doesn't like to be fooled. She likes to tease and often daydreams. She loves to sing and explore, often running into the unknown. She is protective over the Soquili she cares for, especially her own basket. She loves to feel the wind blowing through her hair, as if she were flying.

Her Basket: User Image Rose-Usdia  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 am
Name: Kosa
D.O.B.: late spring, some 20 summers ago
Physical Appearance: User Image

Personality: Usually very reserved, but when she is really happy she gets a bit crazy and when she's really sad she gets very angry instead.

History: wip  

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:09 pm
User Image
Name: Anope
birthday: around the middle of the Fruit Moon.
Hair: A jet black. She wears it in two braids that eventually entwine together, creating one, thick braid.
Eyes: gold
Appearance: Anope is slim and tall, her height measuring at 5'10'' and her weight being 120 lbs. She has smooth curves but not extremely busty. She is very proud of her body, for she is told that she looks just like her mother, whom she never knew for she died giving birth to her. Anope has always worn a woven bracelet on her right hand, she tells fellow villagers that it is magical and helps her during healing sessions. No one knows if the story is true or not. She also wears a woven skirt, that she herself made, very regularly. It reaches down to the top of her knees and covers small parts of the tattoo she had painted on her legs. She has another tattoo, this one is a star that covers her bellybutton. She wears a piece of black leather, that covers her chest, instead of a woven shirt to show it off properly. Around her neck she wears a necklace made of wolf fangs that was strung for her by the love of her life. Who soon after died when fighting a neighboring tribe for land and water. Now she never takes it off and can be seen crying in the forest where he was buried.
Roleplay Color: pale blue
Occupation: She weaves baskets for newly born Soquili foals, and heals the injured and ill whenever there is no one else available.
History: Anope had always been thought of as energetic, mischievous, and beautiful. all through her toddler hood till her mid teens, she spent countless hours riding the fastest of Soquili, playing in the hills and mountains, and playing pranks on unsuspecting villagers. Her life seemed to consist of only fun and games, no responsiblility. But that was not in any way true. As she was brought into the world without a father, and her mother dying from childbirth, she was raised by her mother's sister, who died the night Anope turned 11 summers old. From then on she had to take care of herself. Learn the skills of an adult. How to weeve clothing, find food, and other important skills. But she did learn to enjoy life to its fullest, always looking towards tomorrow with a smile on her face.

Her beauty caused many boys and young men to chase after her. But her heart never belonged to any of them. At least not until Kagali. Kagali was a young man, soon to be 22 summers old. He was tall and slim, his arms were strong and his back firm. He stole Anope's heart the moment he told her that he had fallen for her beauty. From then on, she became more responsible. She began to ask village women for advice with men and future children, and how to prepare yourself for a family. They were in love. And it was obvious to the entire village. Then one night, a miracle happened. Anope felt a thump inside of her. near her stomach but not quite. It felt like a kick, like a sign of life. She was pregnant. Two moons pregnant to be exact, or so the witch doctor told her. That night, Kagali asked her to be his wife.

Another moon passed for the happy couple. It felt like bliss. The pregnancy was going smoothly, they had finished their own hut, perched atop the hill where they had met and kissed for the first time. And they had received blessings from all of the village. They could not be happier. A frown had not crossed Anope's face until the day Kagali was sent off to fight with another tribe for the lands the tribe had stolen. But he promised her that he would return, but he didn't. He was killed near the end of the battle.

Anope slipped into depression. Barely eating or leaving her hut. This caused her to loose the second love of her life. Her child. Because of her depressed state and extremely thin figure, she miscarried her baby. Now she was once again alone. She slipped even further into her depression. Sometimes going days without any food. She wanted it all to end, she wanted to go back to her Kagali, to be held in his strong arms once more. She was losing a battle she knew she didn't even want to win. Her body soon gave out. She became bed ridden, too weak to move or eat. She was so thin and so ill, she knew she was going to die. And the idea made her smile. But death wasn't coming soon enough for her. She lay in her bed for days on end, waiting but never receiving the mercy of death. So she planned to find death herself. With the last of her quickly draining strength, she set out to the mountains. She hiked all night, never stopping. The pain of her body, mind and soul begged her to stop, but she never did. She promised herself it would all soon end.

She finally climbed to a steep ledge in the mountain range, she moved with agony. Anope stood on the edge of the rock, under her was nothing, just darkness. She was so high the air was thin and she was gasping for breath. Though soon she would not need it. She closed her eyes and took one more step. But she stopped. She heard a cry.

It was the cry of a child. A cry of pain, suffering and sheer terror. Anope turned her head and saw, not 100 feet away from her, a small, thin filly. Wounded, cold and starving. She could feel tears falling down her cheeks. It was calling for her help. It needed her. It needed a mother. She knew that Kagali had sent this filly to her to stop her. He had given her child back to her. She stepped back. Took the filly, being careful with its wounds. She whispered in its ear that there was nothing to fear, and that she would take care of her. She took her back to her hut and tended to its wounds. Fed it and made sure to feed herself as well. That night she slept on the floor as the filly slept soundly in her bed. She named the beautiful dark filly Selena. And she watched her grow into an amazing mare. Watched her run and watched her meet other Soquili. She never rode Selena, for she knew that Selena was independent. Selena became her daughter in many ways, in others she became her friend. But all in all Selena became her purpose in life. And that's how Anope's herd began.

Soquili: Selena as well as Rockstar. She loves them both dearly, and hopes that some day soon, Selena will have foals that will need baskets.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff