Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Making tools out of Modern things. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sky Raven Moon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:11 pm
One of my fall projects is making runes out of an oak branch that I found under a very old oak tree. I can't wait to get started but i have to finish the other two projects that I'm working on which is making my own staff and another wand. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:46 pm
I made runes out of sculpey. :] I find that making your own materials is fun and rewarding. You also don't feel inclined to use a set you've grown out of for the sole fact that you spent 100$ on it.

User Image  

Oh Em Jesus

The Red Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:56 pm
I made runes out of some clay I bought from a craft store.
I also carved a staff from some long tree branch I found out from the yard (Damn thing took me 3 weeks but it was worth it).
Oh, and I made all kinds of little trinkets and charms out of wood, clay, cloth etc like Fairy doors, pentacles, necklaces, Imp staffs, bowls, and the works.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm
I literally have no idea what my runestones are made out of, since my older brother (who had no idea that I was wanting some) was randomly cleaning out his room one day, came downstairs and threw them at me in a straw bag (I still wonder why the heck he had them in the first place...) which hit me in the face. Whatever they are, they're very tough because I've dropped that bag gods know how many times and not a single chip or crack on any of them!

My wand is very amateurish, made when I was on holiday once when I sat outside and whittled a forest twig until smooth (though somewhat curved), carved some patterns in it and tied a ribbon onto the fatter end where I hold it. My parents thought it was a pointless thing to keep and wonder why I spent so much time scraping the bark off with a tiny penknife, but I still have it with my other altar stuff currently stored in a safe place.

Here's a hilarious one though, for a lucky charm I made a wire bracelet threaded with leaf and rose shaped beads along with ones that spelled out my craft name... in the middle of my guides group. The same group that was forced to go to church during one of our holiday weekends. sweatdrop  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

lifeaura

9,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:45 pm
My general philosophy is to make your magical tools out of whatever feels right to you. I always cleanse whatever material's I'll be using to get rid of negative energies and past associations, but other than that, the sky's the limit.  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff