Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Animals and Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh Em Jesus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:06 pm
Your not stupid, you just weren't aware of things, or perhaps its just a matter of what we feel in ourselves. And, by the way. You didn't offend me. I was just adding to the discussion. All the same, I also wasn't trying to deny your beliefs at all. I definately think, like everything else, animals also share in the magic that is our life and the things around us.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:34 pm
Alrighty then, I do understand that science has given us indisputably better understanding of the fact that animals are biologically equipped to survive and thrive in their natural habitats. Echolocation, magnetic resonance with the center of the earth, the ability of some- even dogs- to sense and recognize seismic activities long before they are picked by the Richter scale-what have you. Some call it instinct, others prefer to see it as a greater sense of oneness with the essence of being that humans can't yet grasp or appreciate. We can all agree to disagree and there's no need to call anyone stupid.

However I do see Carmacao's point because other animals- no need for us to get all hoity-toity by making any distinction because scientifically, we are also animals- have been witnessed doing things that do not fall under the category of their amazing aptitudes or the fact that their senses are much more sharpened and refined than ours and that, I believe, is what Carmacao is getting at.  

Aubre Lark

Starlock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:45 pm
What's even greater is the science that is progressively narrowing what some people have known intuitively for a long time: animals are really NOT that different from humans. Humans are, technically speaking, animals. I don't quite understand how certain cultures managed to get so far away from seeing things other than human on a more equal footing. I could point to various Western philosophers who started the trend, but for it to become embedded in the cultural paradigm? Ack! I suppose talking down to our nonhuman brethren is easier than trying to think about the moral implications of our horrific mistreatment of many of them.

And don't feel bad or dumb about my critique, Carm. As a scientist by training, I tend to have a critical eye for certain things. sweatdrop I like to look for mundane reasons first. Professionally I have to keep a stark division between mundane and magic, but spiritually I often make little or no distinction between the two.

Speaking of animal magic or 'magic' as it may be, what about those squirrels (see sig)? Has anyone really ever made a squirrel proof birdfeeder? Man, these guys are brighter than most of us give them credit for. Once they were able to somehow get this darned cage open. Though since I didn't see it happen, it's conceivable a raccoon did it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:21 am
LOL! Squirrel! mrgreen
*Ahem*  

Carmacao

Vodka Tampon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:24 pm
The class is FULL??? But, but... crying  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:42 pm
Venus Minora
The class is FULL??? But, but... crying

It's been two months.

S'pose I could squeeze you in, though . . .  

Carmacao

Carmacao

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:22 pm
Hello everyone!
After a long hiatus, I'm back.
I hope to start a new lesson soon!  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:04 pm
Carmacao
Hello everyone!
After a long hiatus, I'm back.
I hope to start a new lesson soon!

I hope so!  

Oh Em Jesus

Carmacao

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:43 am
Alright, I'm REALLY SORRY for the really long wait;
I had to straighten things out, academically and with family.
gonk sweatdrop
Alrighty then, this time I'm going to let you guys choose which of the two topics you want to do:
-Animals and covens/initiation
-Knowing your pet on a spiritual level

Post here to vote I guess . . . or if neither appeals to you give other suggestions! 3nodding
Questions or concerns? Pm me plz!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:46 pm
Knowing your pet on a spiritual level

I have a lot of pets xd  

CosmicCrystal

Starlock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:39 pm
I vote the first one. Mostly because I am in the currently sad state of petlessness. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:37 pm
I hope it's not too late for me to join your class?
My name is Willow.
I feel deeply connected to animals and I would like to learn more about them in the magickal sense.  

Willow Wolfblade

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

glasfuinneog

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:39 pm
I would be interested in answering a few questions on this subject. I'm not sure if that counts as a request to teach this subject or not. I'm new to the guild and new to gaia and if I've made a mistake in posting this here instead of sending a teaching request please let me know. I would be able to answer questions in terms of animals attributes for magical use, totem animals, and connections between people and animals.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games