Mangaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hatsuu-kun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:35 pm
Alright!

So, needless to say, I think the majority of us read manga. Not all of us, but the majority. SO, let's talk about it! Why? Because we CAN. POWER, BABY.

Anyway, has anyone else read the new Shounen Jump Manga, Muddy? It just started this year so it only has a few chapters, but I like it! It's about a prodigy Chimera Researcher named Clay who's fired from his job because he hasn't made any new Chimeras since he started work. So, right after being fired, he accidentally makes a human Chimera named Muddy, who looks like a little boy and he eats dirt and he can grow and morph and stuff. Not really morphs, but the more dirt he eats the bigger he gets too.

Muddy looks like a little Mello. XD

Manga Traders has the first five chapters up for download if you want to read it! It's good so far; I'm not sure how it'll transform into the crazy fighting mangas you normally see in Jump, but then again it took FOREVER before Reborn! started seeing that kinda action. And Reborn is LOVE.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:54 pm
I haven't really read anything for a while (never got around to it)
Muddy sounds pretty interesting though, I'll try to read it online if I can find it. x_____o  

Tinuu
Captain

Lucifielle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:20 am
The last complete manga I read was "666 Satan" which was a fantasy shounen one. It was mostly a mix between DragonBall, NGE and Hunter x Hunter (yeah, it's possible). The fun part was where supposedly 4 years pass and, all of a sudden, everybody turns into a bishie XD It was like a completely different style! lol

Wait... that wasn't the last one... The last one was actually "Solenin", a seinen one about... well... a 20 something year old girl living in Tokyo with her boyfriend, trying to find a purpose and wondering whether "freedom without a purpose is not actually boredom". A very nice manga!

"Muddy" sounds interesting! I'll try to read a few chapters and get back with comments ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Oooh, ooh! The mangaka of 666 Satan is Kishimoto's brother, yes? The guy who does Naruto? I've never read it, but I've always wanted to! >0< Watching characters grow up sounds fun too.

And Seinen manga is awesome! smile I love how realistic they are.

I started reading the Phoenix Wright manga, which, honestly, is just okay. I loveth Phoenix Wright, but it's something difficult to put into a manga when they're trying to make it exactly like the game. >.>

One of my favorite mangas ever is Aiesu, AKA Inter Sexuality. It's about an Intersexual (IS) named Haru, and watching them grow up as they decide if they want to live their life as a boy or girl, and finding acceptance in the world. What's amazing is how it start with the parents, before Haru's even born, and so far it's up to Haru in high school. But it covers elementary school, middle school, and all the phases Haru goes through that seem male and female. It's such a delicate subject, and I've never been more impressed with how a story has been handled!  

hatsuu-kun

amsdia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:46 pm
Lessee... the last manga I read was probably Princess Princess. Because, y'know, three guys being made to dress up as girls tickles my funny bone. And Yuujirou and Tooru are love.

Just started reading Aiesu myself and I have to say I really like it so far~ The art's not what I'm usually drawn to, but the storyline's interesting. I'm hoping it stays good all the way through. =D

And anyone else read Ouran High? XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:25 am
Yeah, I read Ouran but I just started...

Right now, I´m reading the second volume of "Zombie Loan"

Is it obvious that I don´t find the time to read? ^^"  

Loomchild

Schadenfreud
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:44 am
I......read yaoi. Scans. Lots. And shounen-ai. Right now, I'm on a Yamada Yugi kick because of tinuu and her sis.
And...OOFURI. mmm. I can't help it, I love Mihashi's chicken face.
Oh, I also started reading *coughcoughAfterSchoolNightmarecough* and I'm slightly ashamed.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:16 pm
Ooh, on the topic of shoune-ai...

I've started reading scanlations of this manga called Tokaido HISAME. It's really good.  

LDK fewl

hatsuu-kun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:27 pm
I've been in LOVE with After School Nightmare ever since I bought the first volume. Mizushiro has a flair with drama, that's for sure.

And Ouran is amazing. Sexy men + Humor + Hosts with twins = OKAY in my book.

Speaking of drama before, I've just finished Koi Kaze! It's about a 28-year-old Omiai counselor named Koshiro who just breaks up with his girlfriend, only to be colsoled by a stranger- a cute high school freshman named Nanoka whom he had never met before. They go on a date of sorts, only to find out that they are siblings who were seperated due to divorce. Worse, she is now going to be living with him and his father because her new high school is close by.

It's an intense incest romance, so don't read if you dissaprove. However! I will say that the content involed is very appropriate- it's not perverted in the least, if you want to look at from it's graphic content. And, despite the age gap in the characters and the fact that they're related, I rather liked the story- it's short (5 volumes) and deals heavily on emotions.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:19 pm
Most recently I've been reading Hana Kimi (and watching the dramas in Japanese and Taiwanese, which are both hillariously funny) and Vampire Knight. The manga of Chrono Crusade is also good, but the ending sucks. I'm also in love with Tsubasa.  

Noa Anon

yoruai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:59 am
The last manga I read was XXXholic

The last Shounen-ai manga I read (other than honeysyn) was loveless

and the one I'm really getting into now is one called higurashi no naku koro ni. (when the higurashi cry)

It's a murder mystery slasher. I luffs it to death. *looks cute in the beginning, but it turns creepy by the end of episode 3* heart

WARNING: THIS MANGA CONTAINS EXCESSIVE GORE AND VIOLENCE

(which I cant get enough of) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:17 am
Schadenfreud
I......read yaoi. Scans. Lots. And shounen-ai. Right now, I'm on a Yamada Yugi kick because of tinuu and her sis.
And...OOFURI. mmm. I can't help it, I love Mihashi's chicken face.
Oh, I also started reading *coughcoughAfterSchoolNightmarecough* and I'm slightly ashamed.

yeah i'm the same. i read a lot of yaoi on livevideo and youtube. aside from that i'm a huge Godchild fan and i love After School Nightmare. i love all the emotional turmoil the characters have to face in the 2 mangas. same for Cantarella. i could go on and on. i just love mangas.  

ayame389

sukuiddo

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:47 am
I'm currently reading... Bleach and Naruto, Nodame Cantabile... and webcomics... and Crimson Spell... cool

and a few random yaoi mangas I could get my hands to...
and Aoi House heart  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:13 am
Death Note. omg. DEATH NOTE.

I'm also reading a few one-volume manga - Kissing, Time Lag, Othello, Dear Myself. Not to mention Ouran (of COURSE), Fullmetal Alchemist, Tail of the Moon (so cute. >_<) and most recently, S.A.

And webcomics. Dear god, my SmackJeeves is full of BL webcomics as my favourites. >_< -dorks out-

I read some of After School Nightmare - haven't had a chance to read past vol. 2. -sighs-

Clint Hawkguy Barton

Honeydew Syndrome

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff