Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Energy and Shielding Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:17 am
Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. Confirmation, no matter what form, is always a good self-confidence boost.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:43 am
Yesterday, my family and my best friend went on a hike and stopped at Lake Erie. The water was warm so my friend and I went swimming. Anyway, for part of the time, I was imagining energy from each of the elements coming into me. Then, later that night I went outside and meditated, then I created an energy ball and I could see it. It was the color of a harvest moon. It was really cool, but then I tried holding it in one hand and I think I dropped it.

So then I meditated some more to ground myself and first I did the water thing, but then I remembered how I was taking energy from the elements so I thanked them and let the excess energy go.  

Mystic White Raven

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 am
Very good! That's awesome! Next time, to thank the energies, you may want to give a gift--of either food or some of your energy--back to Mother Nature as a special thanks for loaning you the gift of magickal energy.

Great job, keep it up!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:54 pm
How would one go about offering such a gift? What would I do with the food or how would I give them my energy?  

Mystic White Raven

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:16 pm
You could just set food on the ground and say a little prayer that says you're offering the food to the elements for their gift. And when you ground, you get rid of excess energy that you've collected when meditating/doing energy work. Giving some of your energy means just giving back more than what you've received. Make sense?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:46 pm
yeah, thanks.  

Mystic White Raven

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:46 am
I've been trying to get to grips with Lesson 3, but I've been having some problems. I can't "feel" my energy ball, so giving it "texture" has been hard. I can see it, and I know it's there, but I can't "feel" it.

I also find that somewhere in the exercise, I get the worst headache, like I'm not grounded. But I make sure I'm properly grounded both before and after the exercise...

What are your opinions?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:10 am
sigh I liked creating the energy balls at home, outside, in the dark. Here in my dorm it so... not naturey... its hard to get connected to it and I don't to go outside in the dark by my self to practice, because I'm not sure its safe. But hopefully I'll go home this weekend so I can practice more there.  

Mystic White Raven

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 pm
SwirlingDark--I think you should slow down. Don't move too fast. These lessons were supposed to be worked one week at a time, but some people need more time. Try to work slower, you'll get it eventually.

Odins--Maybe you should get a plant to put in your room. I know that our college lets us have fish, too, so maybe that would help. Keep us updated!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:07 am
Wow, life became busy, but in a good way. Except, while it was winter (Well It was winter last month in the southern hemisphere) I kept on becoming sick or tired, so I didn't want to chance energy in case my energy level for fighting off sickness was drained. Though, now spring has sprung, I'm getting back into practice. How has everyone been? By the end of the week I'll give you results on the next lesson.

So sorry that this class was neglected sweatdrop  

loveblackbutterflies

Mystic White Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 am
Hmmm... okay, I'll try that. Maybe I'll bring one of my african violets or my aloe from home.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:07 pm
It's ok, loveblackbutterflies. Don't worry about it, I know real life can get in the way sometimes. 3nodding Just work at your own pace.

Odins, you may also want to try bringing rocks, leaves, sticks and sea shells. It couldn't hurt to have nature all around your dorm room. If you have a favorite tree on campus, then try to find a leaf from the tree to remind you of someplace safe. You could do that for your favorite tree from home, too. Just some more ideas. Hope that helps!  

WelkingPath

Mystic White Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:52 am
I'm curious, is it possible to create energy balls without rubbing your hands together first?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:54 am
Ok, so I finished lesson 4 part 1 and I'll ask my husband to help me with part 2 tonight or over the weekend. He' good with energy too but not the way that I'm learing it. So he can tell what I'm doing and is very happy to have me learning how to do this. Apparently before I joined this class I was randomly sending energy arround when I was sleeping sweatdrop . He says that it's stoped now though biggrin  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

WelkingPath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:56 pm
Odins--Yes, it is possible. The first lesson (where you rubbed your hands together) was just to get you used to the feeling of energy, or even just to show you that you can handle energy just by doing something simple.

Shearaha--That's great! I'm glad you have someone to work with. What does he think of my lessons? Also, it would probably be a good idea for you to take some lessons with him, also, not just from me. biggrin  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games