Reply Advice
Internet affects being a Christian? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midnightfalcon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:18 pm
Well... I'm pretty young I have to say, and I'm in a Christian school. Swear words and sexual stuff and any inapropriate stuff is strictly not allowed. I never knew how horrible the outside world is like. Being on the Internet taught me what the world is like. Like on this Gaia Community, people can use swear words casually, and talk about stuff with sexual content. This really disgusts me. Now those bad stuff is always filling up my mind. Now I sometimes would curse by mind. I feel really bad inside. "What the heck" turns into "What the he*l" and sometimes even worse. I feel terribly sorry with God. But I can't stop surfing on the internet because I really like playing. But If I keep on having those thoughts, I know one day the words would slip out natrually. To prevent this from happening, I would need help. In what way, that I can be on the Internet without affecting myself?

-Falcon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:43 am
midnightfalcon
Well... I'm pretty young I have to say, and I'm in a Christian school. Swear words and sexual stuff and any inapropriate stuff is strictly not allowed. I never knew how horrible the outside world is like. Being on the Internet taught me what the world is like. Like on this Gaia Community, people can use swear words casually, and talk about stuff with sexual content. This really disgusts me. Now those bad stuff is always filling up my mind. Now I sometimes would curse by mind. I feel really bad inside. "What the heck" turns into "What the he*l" and sometimes even worse. I feel terribly sorry with God. But I can't stop surfing on the internet because I really like playing. But If I keep on having those thoughts, I know one day the words would slip out natrually. To prevent this from happening, I would need help. In what way, that I can be on the Internet without affecting myself?

-Falcon.

Know this
Words are only worth the meaning behind them
So if you have substituted one word for another you are really saying the same thing
In this case heck=hell

Words change
Perhaps you can think of a few
There is a long list
Like c**t is derived from a goddess (I am too lazy to look up the spelling)
Many other words follow the same pattern
How about
virgin
That word has a long history of tampering ending is nearly a 180  

lordstar

rillegas08

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:17 pm
The Internet can be very dangerous to Christians if they're not careful enough. I can attest to that (please don't ask me to delve on it. I'd rather not). I've even encountered your problem recently.

It takes a great deal of self-control to stop yourself from sinning.

We're here for you, midnightfalcon.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:09 am
exploring the world around you is good for you, however you need to remember that those things which cause you trouble are really out there. Now is the time to discover them and ask questions from those whom you trust to give you advice and to direct you on those areas of concern. Please do not be that person who stays sheltered until you go to college/leave home for the first time. By then it's to late to ask those questions because you will have new ppl around you whom more than likely do not have your best interest in mind, simply because they were raised in different homes and situations which do not represent your beliefs. Explore now, learn now so you are equipped to live later in the real world. Thank you for allowing me to ramble hope it helps you or some1 else who happens to read this.  

firey red phoenix

Aquiella

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:13 am
Yes. The world is like that. It will ALWAYS be like that.

But there are ways to deal with it.

In your preferences here on Gaia, there is a "word filter" that, I think, blocks out the really bad words depending on the setting. (for parental control mostly.)

I have built something simmilar into my mind so that I don't notice bad words nearly as often as they are said to/near me.

Just some suggestions. They helped me, after all!  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:49 am
well im not sure what advice to give but i'd just like ask everyone how swears became swears? the h word is the devils palace, the b word is the name for a female dog, the s word is the name for human pheases. how exactly did these turn into bad words?  

Swedish Chef44

Fallpray

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:30 pm
Avoid GD subforum.

Pray a lot and be guarded against unhealthy temptations.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:39 am
rillegas08
The Internet can be very dangerous to Christians if they're not careful enough. I can attest to that (please don't ask me to delve on it. I'd rather not). I've even encountered your problem recently.

the only danger presented by the internet is the free flow of information

it is a world lacking the free flow of information and ideas that presents a problem for Christianity

think about when Christianity was in its prime (most powerful)...the dark ages...  

lordstar

rillegas08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 pm
lordstar
rillegas08

it is a world lacking the free flow of information and ideas that presents a problem for Christianity

think about when Christianity was in its prime (most powerful)...the dark ages...

Christianity in its prime was not the dark ages. Chirstianity, whether it was actual or feigned Christianity was just the reason anybody did anything.

Christianity in its prime shines through all ages. It first began at Pentecost when the disciples saved thousands upon thousands. It continued with the Apostle Paul. Today, it shines brightly through people like Luis Palau, Billy Graham, Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins, George Otis, and people who have dedicated their lives to living for Christ and reaching others to live for Christ.

Christianity in its prime is the perfect citizen; he does not break any part of the law or the Law, and if he disagrees with something, he goes as close to the source as he can to try and solve the problem. The perfect citizen gives generously to charities and humbles himself to others, even if they know they are right.

Christianity in its prime is not what people make it out to be. Christians in their prime make a difference physically and spiritually.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:59 pm
rillegas08
lordstar
rillegas08

Christianity in its prime was not the dark ages. Chirstianity, whether it was actual or feigned Christianity was just the reason anybody did anything.

Christianity in its prime shines through all ages. It first began at Pentecost when the disciples saved thousands upon thousands. It continued with the Apostle Paul. Today, it shines brightly through people like Luis Palau, Billy Graham, Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins, George Otis, and people who have dedicated their lives to living for Christ and reaching others to live for Christ.

Christianity in its prime is the perfect citizen; he does not break any part of the law or the Law, and if he disagrees with something, he goes as close to the source as he can to try and solve the problem. The perfect citizen gives generously to charities and humbles himself to others, even if they know they are right.

Christianity in its prime is not what people make it out to be. Christians in their prime make a difference physically and spiritually.

Christian culture no longer holds power over the people and fewer and fewer people choose to follow the word each year

Christianity is in a decline just as 2000 yeas ago Christianity was gaining power and followers at an increasing rate

so between then and now Christianity has been at it's highest point
examine history and you find the dark truth  

lordstar

Swedish Chef44

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:42 am
lordstar
rillegas08
lordstar
rillegas08

Christian culture no longer holds power over the people and fewer and fewer people choose to follow the word each year

Christianity is in a decline just as 2000 yeas ago Christianity was gaining power and followers at an increasing rate

so between then and now Christianity has been at it's highest point
examine history and you find the dark truth

1. i dont get what you mean by "the dark ages". Because theres as much, maybe even more, dark and witchcrafty stuff today as back then
2.the only reason for the rise in christianity before 2000(unfortunetly) was because for some reason,everyone thought the world would end! and since it didnt they all got disapointed and left. as simple as that
P.S. it was the dark ages back then.why? BECAUSE IT WAS DARK! NO LIGHTS!. hahaha lol bad pun  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:17 am
Tamamas Ninja

1. i dont get what you mean by "the dark ages". Because theres as much, maybe even more, dark and witchcrafty stuff today as back then
2.the only reason for the rise in christianity before 2000(unfortunetly) was because for some reason,everyone thought the world would end! and since it didnt they all got disapointed and left. as simple as that
P.S. it was the dark ages back then.why? BECAUSE IT WAS DARK! NO LIGHTS!. hahaha lol bad pun
Dark Ages is a term applied to a time in the Middle Ages when, at least if you look at history, was between 476 to 1000 AD. It was basically when literature went down the toilet because of the lack of contemporary literature and the abundance of literature from time past.

Now it is commonly used these days to term a dark time in history when practices that were normal then seem dark and cruel to us now. In this case, the Dark Ages in reference to Christianity, that was its peak. Early Middle Ages is when religious histeria gripped Europe and anyone who was not Christian was forced into it. Inquisition was one such thing. And when the Church really ruled the lives and became the culture for that time. Hence the term in books and novels of Christendom which referred tot he world and in a sense the culture of the time. Lordstar is right. It had its peak in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, but it has been in decline since then. More and more leave the church scene each year. And witchcraft is not a bad thing. Not as bad as its been inflated to be throughout history with their paranoia that has been ingrained in us year after year.

And the reason the religion rose was when it was finally acknowledge and accepted as the main religion by Constantine and so that made it ok to be Christian and also thats when the forced conversions began that still go on to this day.  

Ricette

rillegas08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:18 pm
Ricette
Tamamas Ninja

Dark Ages is a term applied to a time in the Middle Ages when, at least if you look at history, was between 476 to 1000 AD. It was basically when literature went down the toilet because of the lack of contemporary literature and the abundance of literature from time past.

Now it is commonly used these days to term a dark time in history when practices that were normal then seem dark and cruel to us now. In this case, the Dark Ages in reference to Christianity, that was its peak. Early Middle Ages is when religious histeria gripped Europe and anyone who was not Christian was forced into it. Inquisition was one such thing. And when the Church really ruled the lives and became the culture for that time. Hence the term in books and novels of Christendom which referred tot he world and in a sense the culture of the time. Lordstar is right. It had its peak in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, but it has been in decline since then. More and more leave the church scene each year. And witchcraft is not a bad thing. Not as bad as its been inflated to be throughout history with their paranoia that has been ingrained in us year after year.

And the reason the religion rose was when it was finally acknowledge and accepted as the main religion by Constantine and so that made it ok to be Christian and also thats when the forced conversions began that still go on to this day.

Witchcraft is not a bad thing? Why all the verses that say otherwise?
1 Samuel 15:23
2 Chronicles 33:6
Micah 5:12
Nahum 3:4
Galatians 5:19-21
So why is witchcraft not a bad thing?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:30 pm
Ricette
Tamamas Ninja

well said
*claps*  

lordstar

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:32 pm
rillegas08
Ricette
Tamamas Ninja

Witchcraft is not a bad thing? Why all the verses that say otherwise?
1 Samuel 15:23
2 Chronicles 33:6
Micah 5:12
Nahum 3:4
Galatians 5:19-21
So why is witchcraft not a bad thing?

the same reason shrimp are now yummy and not impure  
Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash