Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
A very depressing time indeed Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Satan]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:40 am
Today is the viewing for my grandpa who just died recently. I am going to have a hard time looking at his corpse. sweatdrop He was one of my favorite grandparents to be around. He may not have been very talkative, but that is why everyone loved him. I idolized him and I wanted to be just like him. I am probably the only person in my family that has his personality. He wasn't that religous. I'd say he was agnostic. He was one of the smartest and most respected member of my family. Have you ever been this nervous to go a funeral/viewing? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:15 pm
My mom died about four years ago. She had an open casket (spelling?) as well. She was agnostic leaning christian, but before she died she became very religious and became a stare catholic. I hated it. I hate open caskets, I hate seeing family you've never meet before, and I hate everyone staring at me wondering why I'm not crying. Oh well, it is a funeral/viewing after all. I guess it'd be silly to expect to have a good time.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

To Escape Detection

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:37 pm
~x.X.x~

I've never been to a funeral. A lot of my relatives have died, but our family isn't close to them, so we've never gone. If we did, I'd probably be that person not crying. Truth is, I don't really give a damn about the dead. They're dead, they don't care. When they're alive, I care, but once they're gone, there's no use for grief.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:04 pm
The only funeral and viewing I've been to were for my grandfather. We were close, but I didn't cry at the funeral. I didn't like having to go up and see him and I didn't like having to stand and listen to stranger's comments about how sorry they were and how peaceful he looked. Having to see him really bothered me. That doesn't help with closure for me, it does the opposite.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:18 pm
[_caustic_]
The only funeral and viewing I've been to were for my grandfather. We were close, but I didn't cry at the funeral. I didn't like having to go up and see him and I didn't like having to stand and listen to stranger's comments about how sorry they were and how peaceful he looked. Having to see him really bothered me. That doesn't help with closure for me, it does the opposite.
Amen. I think looking at the corpse of a loved one is morbid, and is designed for people who really can't except the reality of death without looking it square in the eye. I hate that the dead get to decide what is done. They don't care cause they're dead, and the living may not want to see them embombed (spelling?).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:32 pm
Dathu
[_caustic_]
Amen. I think looking at the corpse of a loved one is morbid, and is designed for people who really can't except the reality of death without looking it square in the eye. I hate that the dead get to decide what is done. They don't care cause they're dead, and the living may not want to see them embombed (spelling?).
I don't find it beautiful at all. I can't stand funerals. I've been to quite a few, but never to one for someone I was close to(sort of sweatdrop ). The thing I found most depressing is that his 99 year old mom was there. I would be beyond depressed to bury my own child.  

[Satan]

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:14 pm
I've only been to two. Both I was about 4 or 5. MY cousin died from bacterial meningitis. MY great grandma probably died from age. I wasn't really close to either. I mean my cousin was like only 7.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:53 pm
Din_of_Serenity
I've only been to two. Both I was about 4 or 5. MY cousin died from bacterial meningitis. MY great grandma probably died from age. I wasn't really close to either. I mean my cousin was like only 7.
I find Children's funeral's oddly disturbing. sweatdrop  

[Satan]

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:02 pm
I ain't been to a funeral in a long long time. I wouldn't cry now, but I wept when I found out my uncle was dead. Now, I was just SORT of depressed at the funeral, and just wanted to play my ******** gameboy, but I wept when I found out. Like I said, I wouldn't be affected now. I'm extremely detatched from the real world.

So that I'm not insensetive... I'm honestly terrible at empathy. Not really a problem understanding, just communicating and relating my feelings. =/  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:58 pm
Grand Moff Locket
I ain't been to a funeral in a long long time. I wouldn't cry now, but I wept when I found out my uncle was dead. Now, I was just SORT of depressed at the funeral, and just wanted to play my ******** gameboy, but I wept when I found out. Like I said, I wouldn't be affected now. I'm extremely detatched from the real world.

So that I'm not insensetive... I'm honestly terrible at empathy. Not really a problem understanding, just communicating and relating my feelings. =/
I'm the same way. This funeral marks the first time I have cried about a loss. sweatdrop  

[Satan]

MightyWeresquid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:24 pm
It's too damn expensive to die. xp I don't see why death has to be so elaborate. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:43 pm
(~)Glacthor6(~)
It's too damn expensive to die. xp I don't see why death has to be so elaborate. stare
Indeed. The cost always has surprised me. I would imagine that's a good business to get into considering dying is something pretty much everyone does..  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

one o dem anons

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:39 pm
I'd cry, if i don't i might end up being sentanced to death over accidentally shooting someone...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:49 pm
I want to have my body fed to insects, and then have my bones bleached in the sun, and made into a stool. Kind of expensive on the stool making part, but it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than any other method of disposal.  

Grand Moff Locket

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:34 am
Oh joy, my great uncle died i think 2 days ago. stare  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items