Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Chesire Cat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the Chesire Cat?
  Yes!
  No. . .
  I WOULD MARRY HIM!
  Nice Charachter.
  uhh... the chesiahwhazimacallit?
  Smile!
  $ Money $ (poll wh***)
View Results

Noxious Weed

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:44 am
<~I didn't think the Cheshire Cat was in both books.~>  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:36 am
I luv the cheshire cat, and do I think he played an important role, well duh. I mean if the cheshire cat had not been there how would she have gotten places.  

gaqka

Dekaff L Hatta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:47 am
I always pictured the Cheshire Cat as a character who liked to cause mischief and knew a little more about what's going on than everyone else. I don't think he's ever good or evil and it annoys me when he's portrayed as evil, through the whole book it just seemed he was just trying to entertain himself.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:54 am
Cheshire Cat is my favorite character ever! The Disney version is really funny, although a little too mischevious sweatdrop but still cool! mrgreen In the Hallmark version (Woopi Gulberg as the c.cat here) The Cheshire Cat seems more friendly and less mischevious (it was funny when the king tried to behead it, even though it was just a head in that scene) rofl
The American McGee version he was cool too, have you noticed instead of dissapearing grin-last, he dissapears grin-first? =O_O=  

Alice_chan10210

White Queen Amata

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:57 pm
Where was he even in Through the Looking-Glass?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:44 pm
Nope! The Cheshire Cat's a one-book-appearance kinda kitty. XD  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

White Queen Amata

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:46 pm
This is Chapter Four of a Wonderland-based story I'm writing. It's my favorite so far, and it has to do with the Cheshire Cat.

Chapter Four

The Cheshire Cat was swinging around on a tree branch when Isabella came. "There you are!" he cried, rather anxiously for his somewhat lazy personality. "Did you find her? Did you convince her to come?"
"I found her alright. It was pretty easy finding her."
"And?" asked the cat, sitting up.
"Nothing!" Isabella exclaimed, throwing her arms up in exasperation. "She's completely opposed to Wonderland!"
"I thought she might be," remarked the cat, leaning back slightly. "But that's okay. It might just be you that annoys her."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Isabella demanded.
"The point is, I've got her covered. She'll be getting to Wonderland sooner or later. Probably sooner." The cat went back to singing.
"You never tell me anything. I don't even know what you mean," Isabella replied. "So tell me what it means. Please."
"Keep your temper," the Cheshire Cat muttered in a sing-song voice.
Isabella sighed. This what happens when you deal with Wonderland, she thought. You never get a straight answer. Especially with the Cheshire Cat.
"Please, just tell me. I deserve to know," Isabella asked of the Cat, who was now humming the "Lobster Quadrille" and swinging his tail around carelessly.
The cat leaned in and whispered in Isabella's ear, "I sent her a portal. To both Wonderland and Looking-Glass Land. And a very vague, anonymous note. I love vague, anonymous notes."
"And if she still doesn't follow out of curiousity, you can come through to the real world and get her," Isabella added. "Brilliant."
"I am, aren't I?" He started cleaning his nails.
"The Queen will kill you if she finds out," Isabella told him.
"Good. I love it when the Queen of Hearts wants to kill me, 'cause she never finds me."
He vanished, then appeared in a different branch of the tree. "I'm always on the move."
Vanish, appear. "Always disappearing."
Vanish, appear. "I never get caught. I'm too clever."
"You think very highly of yourself, don't you?" Isabella remarked.
"Do you really want an answer to that question?" he replied, back to swinging. "Besides, if the Queen of Hearts ever did catch me and order me to be beheaded, you can't very well behead a creature with only a grin, can you?"
"My point waas, be careful," Isabella muttered. "Well, I have to go. Let me know if anything happens. I'll keep an eye on Alis."
"Please do," purred the cat, and he slowly disappeared, leaving only a grin behind.
"You know, I've more often seen a grin without a cat then a cat without a grin. That proves I'm really mad," Isabella thought out loud.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:57 pm
xd The Cheshire is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!!!!! (Sos the hatter) biggrin biggrin biggrin xd  

Book_worm963

Musa_Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:09 pm
Cheshire Cat is the Shitz... he sooo creeped me out when I was younger, but I have a back pack of his face.. its fuzzy.. ^__^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm
The Cheshire cat is AMAZING! I'm cosplaying him at the San Diego Comic Con 2010. biggrin
But i'm modeling the costume like one from the musical "cats" because i love the idea of an Alice in Wonderland musical with a Cheshire Cat that looks like one of them. smile  

l Sailor Lupus l

5,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

Princess-Splatt

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 am
The Cheshire Cat is awesome, i love him because however someone interpretates him you'll always love him plus i think if him and Alice got to know eachother abit more she would fall for him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:50 pm
sCrEw_EmO_fReAkS
Who doesn't like this lovely fellow? With his big grin and multicolored fur, he is the life of Wonderland!
heart ABSOLUTLY! (can't you tell?) heart

What you like about him, the fact that you like him, or anything else!
I Love his maddness and his personality and wit. He is an important part of Wonderland that can never be replaced

His apperance, what could be changed, should it be changed?
NO! The purple and pink stripes with his dissappearing body and Grinning smile is his trademark! Although i do like how McGee portrayed the Cheshire Cat in his game Alice

Do you think the Chesire Cat played a large enough role in "Through the Looking Glass?"
This is hard to say. I think his role in both books is essential to Wonderland as a whole.

His role in the movie/book, Alice in Wonderland. What do you speculate it truley was?
Definatly exspecalliy in The Disney version and McGee's version... speaking in riddles and using his words to provoke thought!

I agree with emo freaks I love him to death I would love him for a pet ^^ I give him catnip every day. And we would sing the Jabberwocky Poem by Lewis Carrol for hours on end.  

IvyRose-Wolf-Demon

6,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Jacy_Arienh_Sagira

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:53 pm
The Chesh Cat has always been one of my favorites. When I was little and first saw the Disney version, the way his smile looked like a crescent moon got me super addicted to the moon. And I can always remember thinking that that's where he lived...lol

A couple of years ago, one of my friends had a halloween party and when me and my friends went we all went as a different dead Wonderland character. I was the Cheshire Cat. xd  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff