Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Through the Looking Glass Movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:21 pm
I'm goin nuts here. There was a movie based off of the sequel book but i can't remember what they called it or what year it was made.

In the beginning, the girl was angry with someone and sat by a chess table. She saw something weird in the mirror and climbed up on the table and went through the other side of the mirror.
In the ending, she was with the prince (i think) and there was some event thingy. The bad guy shows up everyone in the room except for her literally disappears. The girl then woke up in her home at the chess board table. I think her dad came in and said something and then she went upstairs to go to her room.
Somewhere between the scenes she met Humpty Dumpty (which is in the sequel book :3)

If anyone recognizes this at all and if you can, tell me what it was called or what year it was made. It is driving me up a wall and I can't find stuff on the internet at all. All I know for sure is that it was made BEFORE the year 2000.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:56 am
What kind of child sees something through a mirror and then climbs through it?

Most would spaz and never go near a mirror again. . .  

pepperisawesome

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:33 pm
I'd go up to the mirror and be like o-O;;
And then touch it and (if it just so happened that I could) I would go through. It's that damned sense of curiosity. XDXD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:55 pm
Sounds like the show they ran in the 80s (well it was a mini series) and she fought the jabberjocky and life is like a chess set. A crazy girl (I think her dress was yellow) who did like you said with climbing through mirrors in the parlor. Though I can't say she is crazier the first is odd with her talking to herself.

The sequel to the novel is quite fascinating since it is based on chessboards and red queens more so than cards and being lost.  

inthefamily

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:31 pm
but that's the thing. the girl wasn't in a yellow dress nor was she like 7 years old. i saw a bit of that series. this girl looked more like she was in her early teens  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:24 am
I would so go through it, even when I was little >.<
Besides Im always getting into trouble,
why not stumble onto a new world x3

Retro-Spazz-Katt

6,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

lexi00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:47 am
it may not be the movie you are looking for but theres one called peobe in wonder land its about a girl who basically falls through a looking glass because of a mental problem that no one knows about  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm
OH MY GOD I FOUND THE MOVIE!!!!!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060088/

After so long of looking for the thing, I found it! Now finding the video is what is going to be fun.  

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:02 pm
Hah, the battle is won! Well, the discovering-what-movie-it-is battle, anyway. That's awesome that you found it-- and it has a couple seriously famous people from the day-- Ricardo Montalban and Jack Palance... wow. I mean really, Jack Palance is/was/forever shall be so hardcore... no wonder he played the Jabberwock! (:  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Oh wow; congrats, friend! That's really cool!

That being said, this looks like a really cool movie. I'll have to add this to my 'things to search for' list. It's getting so loooong... >_>

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 pm
I'm having a hard time finding an actual copy of the movie/show. =/ I'ma keep trying though  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:16 pm
VHS?

http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Through-Looking-Glass-VHS/dp/6304397925  

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:55 pm
Oh, maybe that explains why it's hard to find. Places are selling less and less in the way of VHS these days... which is sad, since my VHS player is so darn reliable, lol. ^_^;  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:49 pm
Lady March Hare
Oh, maybe that explains why it's hard to find. Places are selling less and less in the way of VHS these days... which is sad, since my VHS player is so darn reliable, lol. ^_^;

I still have many movies in VHS. Such as my Land Before Time movies. I love my VHS player. Couldn't live without it.  

Kyoki DirzettE

6,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:35 pm
Yeaaaah... right after I bragged about Ol' Reliable the VHS Player, it died. @______@

*sobs*

Darn it, I would think that you'd be able to find this adaptation... all I can think of, however, is a Mickey Mouse cartoon version. ^_^;

All In the Golden Afternoon

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games