Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
BAN the Golden Compass. A CALL TO GODS PEOPLE!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

promised_child

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:19 pm
actually, the flood was because the human race had become so wicked that Gods Spirit could no longer reside on earth.

using the word BAN denotes BOYCOTT. maybe instead of reading articles posted on the internet by the far christian right we should use our God given inteligence and free will to decide for ourselves.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:18 pm
promised_child
actually, the flood was because the human race had become so wicked that Gods Spirit could no longer reside on earth.

using the word BAN denotes BOYCOTT. maybe instead of reading articles posted on the internet by the far christian right we should use our God given inteligence and free will to decide for ourselves.

But the wickedness invovled lying with the fallen angels and producing offspring  

divineseraph

promised_child

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:43 pm
divineseraph
promised_child

But the wickedness invovled lying with the fallen angels and producing offspring

it involved it, but wasnt the sole cause of it. the ONLY people to survive was 1 family, now if the flood had only been about the nephilum, dont you think more humans would have survived it?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:41 pm
divineseraph
promised_child

and suddenly love and compassion has become evil
dun dun dun o_O  

lordstar

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:20 am
Actually, I have read all the books and seen the movie. The movie is terrific, and, might I add, they don't even mention the word "God" in the entire movie, nor anything non-christian. Along with that, in the book they don't kill God, in any of the books. There is an imposter... "god" I guess you could say, yet, even with him, they don't kill him. He isi in a case which opens and the wind comes and basically, carries him away.

Along with that this is something called a "fiction book" which means... IT'S NOT REAL! I am christian and love God, however come on! This is the biggest overreaction to a movie that I have ever heard of! It was NOT made to turn anyone away from anything, and, along with that, as I said before, IT'S NOT REAL!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:44 pm
promised_child
divineseraph
promised_child

it involved it, but wasnt the sole cause of it. the ONLY people to survive was 1 family, now if the flood had only been about the nephilum, dont you think more humans would have survived it?

Yes, but the entire world, because they were b*****d children? Because of their heretige? Any time I see anything mentioning family lines in the bible, such as punishment for 100 generations and whatnot... It cannot be God. God would not punish someone for the crimes of their parents. If so, then I will say that God must be evil, indeed.

I actually have a videogame in the development which includes background references to such a thing. An immortal falls from the sky (His name having to do with the fallen angels) and teaches mortals, the mortals start using it for evil, and then the creator sees how there is a problem and decides to wipe out existence and start again. You guessed it, he is a bad guy. Of course, it will not be that transparent, it's all hidden in vague references, hidden meanings in names, and seeded color schemes. Also, since I am a christian, he doesn;t die, of course, but sends an avatar which is stopped through the self-sacrafice of the main character, which moves the creator to not destroy everyone.  

divineseraph

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:50 pm
divineseraph
promised_child
divineseraph
promised_child

Yes, but the entire world, because they were b*****d children? Because of their heretige? Any time I see anything mentioning family lines in the bible, such as punishment for 100 generations and whatnot... It cannot be God. God would not punish someone for the crimes of their parents. If so, then I will say that God must be evil, indeed.

I actually have a videogame in the development which includes background references to such a thing. An immortal falls from the sky (His name having to do with the fallen angels) and teaches mortals, the mortals start using it for evil, and then the creator sees how there is a problem and decides to wipe out existence and start again. You guessed it, he is a bad guy. Of course, it will not be that transparent, it's all hidden in vague references, hidden meanings in names, and seeded color schemes. Also, since I am a christian, he doesn;t die, of course, but sends an avatar which is stopped through the self-sacrafice of the main character, which moves the creator to not destroy everyone.

The sins of the father do not carry to the sons?
how about mother to daughter?
how about original sin*
Adam and Eve hmmmm  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:23 pm
lordstar
divineseraph
promised_child
divineseraph
promised_child

how about original sin*
Adam and Eve hmmmm

those are called generational curse, cycles that the blood-line is forced into through the actions of an ancestor. almost as if you cant help it.... unless you allow God through Christ to break the cycle for you.  

promised_child

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:27 am
You know what? Our job as Christians on this issue is to leave it the hell alone. Don't you see that's exacly what these people want? They want to get our attention, or angry, then use it as our weakness.

Remember the Da Vinci Code? Ahhh see you almost forgot about it huh? Just as the Golden Compass controversy will very soon be forgotten about. So I ask our Christian community; why are you wasting your time?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:30 am
mazuac
Actually, I have read all the books and seen the movie. The movie is terrific, and, might I add, they don't even mention the word "God" in the entire movie, nor anything non-christian. Along with that, in the book they don't kill God, in any of the books. There is an imposter... "god" I guess you could say, yet, even with him, they don't kill him. He isi in a case which opens and the wind comes and basically, carries him away.

Along with that this is something called a "fiction book" which means... IT'S NOT REAL! I am christian and love God, however come on! This is the biggest overreaction to a movie that I have ever heard of! It was NOT made to turn anyone away from anything, and, along with that, as I said before, IT'S NOT REAL!

3nodding Oh ok I'm not crazy. Someone else has this point of view. Phew (lol).

And I agree. I mean, c'mon people the only story we should worry about is the true story; God's word. It's pretty stupid to be so angry and overreacted that 1. isn't THAT blasphemous and 2. isn't real.

ChibiLi

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:22 pm
promised_child
lordstar
divineseraph
promised_child
divineseraph
promised_child

how about original sin*
Adam and Eve hmmmm

those are called generational curse, cycles that the blood-line is forced into through the actions of an ancestor. almost as if you cant help it.... unless you allow God through Christ to break the cycle for you.

this curse sounds...evil  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:08 pm
Number one, I want to make reference to the whole generations of punishment thing. I hope you remember that the generations the Lord promised to punish after the father's sin He knew would be corrupt as well. If you have read the history of the Israelites in the promised land you'll get the picture. Every time the king would sin, he led his people into sin, and God stepped away and let them be taken. As soon as a king called for forgiveness he gave them their lands back and helped them to prosper. He punished not because of their father alone, but because the father led the child who sinned as well. Hence the reason we should lead our children the right way.

Now, onto the real reason. I pretty much have a combined view of everyone on here, so sorry if I repeat.

I have read all three books and I am planning on seeing the movie. From what I have heard, the film-makers actually took out the whole 'Kill God' theme from the movie because they knew how controversial it would appear. Please, keep in mind I only heard that, I did not read it in an article. How they would have done it, I don't know.

I agree with...well I completely forgot who said it, but I agree with the person who said the book is pretty much just an attack on corrupt church. And like... well, someone (so sorry) I noticed no mention of Jesus anywhere. Which I thought was really interesting. In the book it kind of sounded like the real God was the Dust they were trying so hard to save and Satan was the 'God'. At least to me. A variation of the story, but I saw it that way none-the-less.

The problem I encountered was this, how do you know if you should be reading it? Seems like others wonder, too. Well here is what I figured. For me, that book was nothing more than another entertaining book. Heck, I laughed when they helped 'God' out of the glass tomb thing and he blew away. Why did I laugh at the fact that someone is clearly saying God is weak and feeble?

Because I know the truth. And so do you all. Now by all means, God is not smiling down on this book either. I am so sure He knows the Truth too (small joke...heh heh?) but He is hurt by this book for sure. The fact that a book is written, even for entertainment purposes, that God is a lie is highly sad. But the fact is, it is written. Banning books have never done any good. The only thing we can do is continue to believe in the Truth and use this.

Hey, if this causes a stir, why not turn it and spread His word? This is when the world asks questions, right? People who become confused by this text are hoping to hear more. Satan just left us a big spce to fill and that's his mistake.

For every bad, find some good.

By the by, for those who mentioned the Da Vinci Code, there was a big stink about it. I have two books written in opposition to the book declaiming what it says. And I am sure there are more.

Whether or not we read it is a choice of our own. Think about it, banning the book is taking away a choice. God gave human choices because we chose to choose. We cannot force people into God. God allowed us to choose Him, to choose the truth, we should follow God's example shouldn't we? Use this chance to show them God, but let them choose Him. It'll make this world better if we choose right on our own as opposed to being forced to do right.  

JJ-Freak

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:16 am
JJ-Freak
Number one, I want to make reference to the whole generations of punishment thing. I hope you remember that the generations the Lord promised to punish after the father's sin He knew would be corrupt as well. If you have read the history of the Israelites in the promised land you'll get the picture. Every time the king would sin, he led his people into sin, and God stepped away and let them be taken. As soon as a king called for forgiveness he gave them their lands back and helped them to prosper. He punished not because of their father alone, but because the father led the child who sinned as well. Hence the reason we should lead our children the right way.

Just to point out that this "history" you speak of is nothing but slander
It has NO factual base

It’s made up
Make-believe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Quote:
Just to point out that this "history" you speak of is nothing but slander
It has No factual base

It's made up
Make-believe

I got all that from the bible. Example from the history of Israel. That's a base. It's a tough slab of foundation and structure at that.  

JJ-Freak

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:30 pm
As a note on the generational curseing thing, yes God said he will punish for a 100 generations for the sins of their fathers but that he would bless to a thousand generations when someone is obedient.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff