Battletoads confirmed for Dissidia.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:41 pm
neutral Battle toads? what are those?  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

Cecil Helden
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:05 am
Nevermind... it's a stupid joke. Battletoads was a game made to combat TMNT it's ranked near Contra on the list of hardest games ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 am
I'm hitting on the character's list real quick...

If you look at the pattern they've got going there, you can tell who they're going to have in each.

Final Fantasy III: I've never played, so i'm not gonna bother guessing, it'd be bad for me.
Final Fantasy IV: Hero: Cecil, Villian: Zeromus
Final Fantasy V: Hero: Bartz, Villian: Exdeath
Final Fantasy VI: Hero: Terra, Villian: KEFKA!!!
Final Fantasy VII: Hero: Who the hell else? It's gonna be Cloud.

ok, those are the missing games. as for the ones I've seen:

Final Fantasy I: Light Warrior; In FFI, you MADE your party out of a list of classes. So they had to give something a bit more generic for that one. Garland: Greatest brain twister around here. You kill him in hte present, but the 4 fiends send him back in time to become Chaos, who then makes the Fiends and sends them forward though time, to ensure when he is killed by the Light Warrior's, he goes back in time to become Chaos.... rinse and repeat...

Final Fantasy II: Frioniel; He's one of the 4 refugees that you control in the first, one-sided fight, and actually acts more like the leader of the group with the in and out characters though your fight against first the Empire and then against Hell itself. Emperor: You kill him once, when he is the ruler of the Empire, then you kill him again when he returns as the ruler of Hell.

Final Fantasy VII: I don't need to go into a slight description for this one.

Final Fantasy VIII: Have yet to play, currently on my 'must play to see' list.

Final Fantasy IX: I've played it, but I'm not passing judgement because i'm stuck haveing just gotten to Dali.

Final Fantasy X: Tidus; He's the hero of the game, and the son of Jecht. He is a Blitzball player, and all around dumbass. Some of the plans I've seen him pull out of the hat to try and save Yuna could be put to his lack of intelligence. Jacht: He is Tidus' Father, and also the biggest, ugliest, NASTIEST villian around. He was human at one point, but became a thing called Sin, which spawns ugly little brats, has one NASTY temper, and just likes to go into whole city destroying moods quite often.

Right, now that that boring bit is over, to my favorite part.

I'll be happy when they bring Kefka into the mix, because in my opinion, Kefka has been the best villian Square has made in it's 20 years of making Final Fantasy games. Everyone admited he was a total nutjob, but never knew he was a intelligent nutjob. Not until the 50% main story mark, do you see who has REALLY been playing the puppet master. that, and he was the most realist villian i've ever seen. 'BLEH! You all sound like lines from a self help book!' Ok, this is an actual qoute of his, when the party you form for the final boss fight gives their reasons for fighting. Not to mention he is in fact quite the laugh works when he's trying to be serious.  

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 pm
Ok folks, I've got some updates on Dissidia....

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_-Final_Fantasy-

Turns out, I was about 50% correct.... so far.

Final Fantasy IV: Hero: Still unknown! Villian: Goblez; Personally, I don't know why they picked him since he was merely a puppet in the whole thing, controled by Zemus, (AKA Zeromus), and also the brother of Cecil...

Final Fantasy V: Hero: Still unknown! Villian: ExDeath; Thing is, he truly was the villian in this one. he constantly is messing with the worlds, and ends up merging htem, and causes all kinds of mayham when he starts to bring the Void into the world, and causes parts of it to be destoryed and sent into it, to remain unchanged for all eternity.

Final Fantasy VI: Hero: Still unknown! Villain: Kefka; Thank god for that one. I can't wait to see just how crazy his lines are, both in combat and out of combat... Knowing him, they'll be both serious at the same time they are laugh out loud funny.

Ok, with those three, which I have played and beaten, only IV is the one I have gripes about right now. It should have been either Zemus or Zeromus! Not Goblez! True, though almost 90% of the story, that's the villian, but you find out in that 10% that it ISN'T Goblez, but a Lunarian called Zemus, who happened to be able to control Cecil's brother.

Now, we just wait and see who they bring in for hte heros now....  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:07 am
Well, would you honestly rather have Zeromus as a 'fighting game character'? I think they chose Golbez for obvious compatibility reasons. He works better for this sort of scenario.

They wanted warriors, not monsters. And Zeromus, when you fought him, was kinda monstrous.

I feel pretty confident they'll have Cecil in the game. But FF6 could be a little trickier. Terra was sorta the protagonist, but it's debatable whether she was the main one. Personally, I hope they choose either Terra, or Celes, two of the coolest heroins in any story, and among the only female main protagonists in the Final Fantasy series.  

The demon Angel
Crew

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 pm
of course they'll have Cecil in it, he was the only character that didn't ever get changed out in FFIV...

Yea, Celes would be cool... I mean, she was one of Kefka's 'lady' friends, being one of the Geshtal Empire's Generals, but it could be Terra, because she had the most to lose at the end of hte game... eh, who knows, I mean, there were 14 characters in that game that you could change in and out at just about any time you wanted to. But either Terra or Celes in my opinion would be the better choice.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm
FINAL UPDATE ON DISSIDIA CHARACTERS!!!

Ok, we now have the last of the character roster filled out!

Full List:

Final Fantasy I:
Hero: Warrior of Light
Villian: Garland

Final Fantasy II:
Hero: Firion
Villian: The Emperor

Final Fantasy III:
Hero: Onion Knight
Villian: Cloud of Darkness

Final Fantasy IV:
Hero: Cecil Harvey
Villain: Golbez

Final Fantasy V:
Hero: Bartz
Villian: Exdeath

Final Fantasy VI:
Hero: Terra Branford
Villian: Kefka Palazzo

Final Fantasy VII:
Hero: Cloud Strife
Villian: Sephiroth

Final Fantasy VIII:
Hero: Squall Leonhart
Villian: Ultimeca

Final Fantasy IX:
Hero: Zindane Tribal
Villian: Kuja

Final Fantasy X:
Hero: Tidus
Villian: Jecht

Confirmed battle zones:

Final Fantasy I:
The place where these two warriors fight seems to be the Chaos Shrine, where the final fight in Final Fantasy takes place. In each corner of the room is a portrait of each Elemental Fiend. Other trailers depict them fighting in the ruins of the Chaos Shrine, the roof and walls destroyed and rubble littering the arena. The significance of this is unknown.

Final Fantasy II:
Also, in some screen shots, it seems that the player fights in Pandaemonium.

Final Fantasy III:
The World of Darkness, the final dungeon in Final Fantasy III where the last battle in the game takes place, is the location representing their respective game.

Final Fantasy IV:
In screen shots, Cecil and Golbez seem to fight on the surface of the Red Moon, the location of Final Fantasy IV's climax. The Crystal Palace is visible in the background.

Final Fantasy V:
The representative arena of Final Fantasy V is the Dimensional Castle, an area of the Interdimensional Rift.

Final Fantasy VI:
It is currently unknown where the field is for this game.

Final Fantasy VII:
The background shown in the single cutscene portrays what seems to be the Lifestream within the Northern Crater. It appears that Sephiroth is also standing on the platform where Jenova SYNTHESIS is fought.

Final Fantasy VIII:
In trailers and screen shots, Squall and Ultimecia seem to be fighting in parts of Ultimecia Castle, where the last battle between the party and Ultimecia takes place in Final Fantasy VIII.

Final Fantasy IX:
Also, in some screen shots, it is revealed that the player fights in the Crystal World, where Trance Kuja is fought.

Final Fantasy X:
The location representing Final Fantasy X is Jecht's private re-creation of Zanarkand within Sin, where Braska's Final Aeon is fought.

Currently, these are the conflicts between each of the heros and their respective villians:

Final Fantasy I:
The conflict between Garland and Light Warrior is a heavy reference of the "Cycle" that the Four Fiends used to prolong their rule in the original Final Fantasy. Garland challenges Light Warrior to end the cycle of evil, claiming it is endless.

Final Fantasy II:
The conflict between Emperor Mateus and Firion revolves around opposite ideals. Firion, seeking The Wild Rose, is a metaphor for seeking freedom from oppressive rule. The Emperor however claims that all must bow down to his law and order. They represent iconic values of Chaotic Good vs Lawful Evil, hallmarks of most role playing games.

Final Fantasy III:
The relationship between the Onion Knight and the Cloud of Darkness is the eternal battle between light and darkness, both in Final Fantasy III, and the shifting balance it has during the game.

Final Fantasy IV:
The nature of their conflict is unconfirmed; however, it probably has something to do with their relationship as brothers, or possibly their opposing alignments of light and darkness. It could also be that they represent two opposite interpretations of the Mysidian Legend, which refers to light and darkness "birthed from dragon's maw".

Final Fantasy V:
The nature of their conflict is presently unknown. It may, however, have something to do with Exdeath's desire to end all of existence, and Bartz's will to live.

Final Fantasy VI:
Their conflict has not been confirmed at this time. It may deal with their opposing characteristics, Kefka believing in hatred and destruction, while Terra believes in love and hope. The source of their power is another sharp contrast, Terra having innate magic while Kefka's was forcibly extracted from Espers.

Final Fantasy VII:
Their Dissidia conflict is unknown, although it's possibly about one wanting revenge on the other. Sephiroth seems to want to crush Cloud's mind and Cloud in response seems to want revenge upon the mad swordsman for controlling him.

Final Fantasy VIII:
These two have a one sided conflict, or rather it is a rehash of Squall's past personality prior to the ending of Final Fantasy VIII. Ultimecia uses mind games and deception to try to crush what heroism and good values Squall may have buried under his no-nonsense personality. Squall for his part seems focused only on protecting the crystals. Their conflict may also be rooted in Ultimecia deceiving Squall, and Squall seeking the truth behind the events occurring around him.

Final Fantasy IX:
The exact nature of their Dissidia conflict is unknown. They banter in a poetic fashion using musical metaphors; Kuja tells Zidane he will "play him his requiem", for example. It is assumed they are continuing the struggle of which brother has the right to exist at the cost of the other.

Final Fantasy X:
Their conflict revolves around their antagonism as father and son, somewhat, as well as Jecht's role as Braska's Final Aeon. In the trailer in which they battle, Tidus accuses Jecht of deceiving him, and claims "if you don't cross over, tomorrow will never come". Thus, their conflict could be seen as rooted in the need for Jecht to die in order for Sin to be destroyed.

Why these two characters would want to fight on opposite sides is very questionable. Throughout the course of Final Fantasy X, Tidus does show hatred for Jecht, but not vice versa. It is speculated that Jecht is still under the control of Yu Yevon, as evidenced by the fact that he can transform into the Final Aeon, but it seems unlikely. The creators themselves state that their relationship will be based on a "What If" situation, of how they would behave together prior to the ending of Final Fantasy X. During the trailer at DKS31713, Tidus questioned Jecht as to why he joined with the other side - therefor suggesting that it was Jecht's own free-will to join with the villains, but this doesn't tell us the reason he did so.

"The scenes with Tidus and Jecht should be quite an interesting expansion. In the main Final Fantasy X story the two only got a chance to talk together in the final scene. This time we're telling the parts of that story that couldn't be seen before. There will be quite a few. But what we're doing is fine tuning the original story details behind the characters' births, relationships, & interactions. Tidus has a connection with the heroes, while Jecht is tangled with the characters on the Chaos side." -Takeshi Arakawa (Game director)

... Gah that is a lot of info... Although, of all of these, X is most likely gonna be the weirdest of them all.... I mean, they even said that the conflict between Tidus and Jecht is a 'What If' kind of deal...  

Glein

O.G. Hunter

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers