abortion is wrong!
  yes
  nope
  it depends...
View Results

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 pm
brad175
I'd like to address something. Everyone seems to go the same way on the rape argument, but rape doesn't change the facts. Just because a woman has a child that was forced upon her doesn't mean that she should have the right to kill it.
Don't kill the child! Give it up for adoption!

While I agree, rape accounts for a very small percentage of abortion- (I think about 3 percent or so?)

And since rape abortions are more understandable than consensual sex abortions, if there is a point we must concede, I think rape should be it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:38 pm
Only 1% of abortions are rape related. See the REALLY long post. Close though.

I know three people who are the products of rape. Yeah, life is SOOOOO much better with them in it! heart We constantly thank their moms (two of whom we do not know since they were adopted...) for choosing life!

Thing is, who knows which baby will cure cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's? Which one will be a great poet? Who will the next Pope or Mother Teresa? the next president? The next nobel prize winner? A great singer, actor, artist? Who knows which babies will change the world? No one. Let them live and grow and change the world!

How many teachers have already been killed? Doctors? Missionaries? Nurses? Police? Firefighters? Paramedics? Humanitarians? Too many, that's how many. crying  

SloanSage

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:48 am
SloanSage

I know three people who are the products of rape. Yeah, life is SOOOOO much better with them in it! heart We constantly thank their moms (two of whom we do not know since they were adopted...) for choosing life!

Thing is, who knows which baby will cure cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's? Which one will be a great poet? Who will the next Pope or Mother Teresa? the next president? The next nobel prize winner? A great singer, actor, artist? Who knows which babies will change the world? No one. Let them live and grow and change the world!

How many teachers have already been killed? Doctors? Missionaries? Nurses? Police? Firefighters? Paramedics? Humanitarians? Too many, that's how many. crying
On the flip side, that baby could be the Next Hitler, Napoleon, Castro, Stalin, or an orchestrator of the next genocide, racial purging or holocaust. While a child's life is sacred to a degree, sometimes trauma is too much and also, there are already more kids in the world who need to be adopted but don't, why add more to the system when they will most likely live in that cold, harsh system their entire lives and never truly know familial happiness and contentment?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:45 am
Ricette
SloanSage

On the flip side, that baby could be the Next Hitler, Napoleon, Castro, Stalin, or an orchestrator of the next genocide, racial purging or holocaust. While a child's life is sacred to a degree, sometimes trauma is too much and also, there are already more kids in the world who need to be adopted but don't, why add more to the system when they will most likely live in that cold, harsh system their entire lives and never truly know familial happiness and contentment?

Yes, the "they could grow up great/evil" argument is fail.

But is unhappiness a good reason to kill someone? Why aren't we slaughtering the unadopted children now, so that they don't need to clog up the earth? I mean, they must be pretty unhappy, and unhappiness could be grounds to kill, right?

No, I don't think the excuse that they may have a bad life is a good one- It, like the "Doctor/nurse/scientist/hitler/racist" argument, relies on potential- They could very well have a happy life full of joy and fulfillment. I think that the CHANCE of having a decent life, or any life at all, is superior to death in the womb. Considering abortion as a humanism to the fetus is simply ludicrous.  

divineseraph

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:08 am
Thought I would post this here. I hope some of you find this as apalling as I do.

Outrage over Planned Parenthood Christmas 'gift' cards  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:39 pm
in my oppinion obortion is wrong because you are taking it upon yourself to dictate weither someone should live or not.
no one should have the right to do that...even if you dont believe it is a person your still taking away its chance of ever being one.
just because you make a mistake doesn't mean the child is that mistake...children are a blessing.  

yashua_freak

Phantomboy411

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm
divineseraph

Secondly, legally, no, abortion is not murder.. Feti are not given personhood, and becuase of this, thye cannt be "murdered" as law defines "murder" as the illegal killing of a person with the intent to commit a crime.

However, by this logic, the Holocaust was not murder either. Jews were not people in Nazi Germany. therefore, their slaughter was not murder, just killing.

Yes, abortion is wrong, I would agree. But legal definitions, pointless and counter-productive as they may be, say that it isn't murder.

i have never thought of this logic, and have countless times tried to think of ways abortion could be murder, and therefore should be illegal. i have personally always believed that abortion is sick, and is murder. there is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that a fetis can think, hear, and even feel pain.

divineseraph, i am giving a speech in my english class on this topic and was wondering if i could use your argument.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:57 pm
Mountain Rose
Thought I would post this here. I hope some of you find this as apalling as I do.

Outrage over Planned Parenthood Christmas 'gift' cards

i read that, and that was one of the sickest things i've ever heard of. n lue of that, in this USA, you now get a tax cut for having an abortion, effectively turning potential mothers into paid killers.

this is a demostration of partial birth abortion, which is a major thing that the president wants to make legal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W75zh1j2I  

Phantomboy411

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:05 pm
Phantomboy411
divineseraph

Secondly, legally, no, abortion is not murder.. Feti are not given personhood, and becuase of this, thye cannt be "murdered" as law defines "murder" as the illegal killing of a person with the intent to commit a crime.

However, by this logic, the Holocaust was not murder either. Jews were not people in Nazi Germany. therefore, their slaughter was not murder, just killing.

Yes, abortion is wrong, I would agree. But legal definitions, pointless and counter-productive as they may be, say that it isn't murder.

i have never thought of this logic, and have countless times tried to think of ways abortion could be murder, and therefore should be illegal. i have personally always believed that abortion is sick, and is murder. there is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that a fetis can think, hear, and even feel pain.

divineseraph, i am giving a speech in my english class on this topic and was wondering if i could use your argument.

Of course you may, my argument is for my cause, not myself. So, if you can use it to change minds, please do so.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:24 am
Has human life become so invaluable that it matters where a child is located? Yes, I beleive abortion is murder. A baby is a baby. A human is a human.

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items