Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 11. Trash Can
The difference between "mean" and "honest" Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:03 am
Alright. Obviously, you don't seem to get it. If you're able to read, you already know whether I'm talking about you or not. I am exceptionally exhausted with the increasing number of individuals who seem to think I'm just being rude without reason to do so.

I will accept the terms that my manner of presentation is blunt and as difficult to swallow as cod liver oil at times; however, it is against my personal doctrine that I should soften my words to give false hope of justification. Being forward is not being mean. Being forward is an opportunity to recognize clarity. In the vernacular, it is known as "no sugar-coating".

Now, there is the issue of my intent. When I act in such a manner, it is not solely for the purpose of making anyone feel bad; granted, that purpose is included, but it is merely a thorn on the switch I use to beat you. I act this way for the purpose of education. You will know exactly what I mean when I say it, and I hold no restrictions on what the truth is and what truths need to be said.

If you have not noticed, and this is a spice of ethos, certain individuals who are important members of this guild's leadership recognize already what I just told you, the committed reader. They seem to be equipped with the faculty of logic that you sacrifice for the purpose of labeling me as "mean" or whatever synonyms you should have in your (no doubt limited) arsenal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:18 am
I know that you've most likely done such to me, but I've never felt begrudged against you. I was probably in the wrong.

Anyway, every time you tell someone off, it is in the most understandable logic. A lot of the time I found myself thinking the very same thing before I read your reply.

Sometimes you come off to be rude, but you have every right to be. 99.9% of the time, you were totally justified in the way the person was acting. I don't think you need to explain yourself in here.

ninja  

carry on wayward daughter

Dapper Werewolf

Vicious_Cuteness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:25 am
I believe that Isel, though harsh sometimes, has always spoken truth. Though some people cannot see that, it's there.

Isel is like this only to justify his point. That way people will remember it next time around.

So don't go all crazy on Isel just because you think he's such a jerk. Because he's not, Isel is honest and true.

So please stop posting such negativity on Isel and just leave him be.

That is all.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:51 am
I Wonder, if anyone will truely grasp Your Words, Isel.

..Though.
On That Same Note.

"it is not solely for the purpose of making anyone feel bad; granted, that purpose is included, but it is merely a thorn on the switch I use to beat you."

I want you To know.
That is the best thing.
I have Ever Heard.

Lady Freakshow

greenandpinkneon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:15 pm
...I've never really seen you be mean to anyone [though I am fairly new here]. Everything that you've said, in my opinion, was completely honest. So I don't think you're a meanie head. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:28 pm
Apparently, those that accuse you of being mean have yet to post. I think some of them may feel threatened and do not wish to quarrel with you.

Amusing. ^_^

Haku of Kirigakure

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50

Lady Psychotic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:56 pm
I agree with the above about the people not posting.
But i honestly think that it was so 'big' of you to say this... and i admire that. It shows that you really aren't an a*****e...
Oh, and for the record... I never had a problem with you =]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:27 pm
Brutality rarely works.
And usually you are being superior and presumptuous (Here's my brutal honesty)
Not to mention hypocritical.
If it's honesty you want, the impression I have of you from my short time in the guild is a kid who wants to sound big on the internet by putting others down and making them feel bad about themselves.
And you pretend to be so clever aswell.
You put down people when they are happy and you turn the most innocent things into a whole palaver. It's like a dictatorship when no-one can speak their mind.
You may think what you're doing is speaking your mind but by being so "honest" and kicking others out when they complain too much it's you who is stopping others from speaking their mind.
It's like you look for the negativity in everything. Do you never see the positives?

But on the other hand I think you're a nice person and yes, you are truthful. And I think it was good of you to make this post and there’s a lot of Gaians that are worse than you.
On the whole I like you, sorry if it seemed any other way. =/

tragikk

tragikk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:33 pm
-Isel-
Alright. Obviously, you don't seem to get it. If you're able to read, ...
Now, there is the issue of my intent. When I act in such a manner, it is not solely for the purpose of making anyone feel bad; granted, that purpose is included, but it is merely a thorn on the switch I use to beat you. I act this way for the purpose of education. ...
for the purpose of labeling me as "mean" or whatever synonyms you should have in your (no doubt limited) arsenal.

This is the thing I dislike. Being "mean" for no reason. Unjustified personal insults, ones that don't actually "hurt" anyone but just spread a bad atmosphere.

And you claim not to "act in such a manner soley for the purpose of making anyone feel bad"...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:48 pm
ISEL IS TEH BULLY.
gonk
HE R MEAN TO ME.

gonk

Miss Gaytastic

Miss Gaytastic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:53 pm
haha.

anyway, on a more serious note;
to tragikk.

Tom is a very smart person, not some little kid who is pretending to be intellectually superior. I know this for a fact. His intellect surely surpasses my own.

and you're right.
Everyone here has the right to express themselves, and everyone has the right to speak the truth.

I think what triggers this "brutal honesty" though, is intolerance of stupidity. [which isnt always a bad thing] I know I do that alot.

Question is; what would the guild prefer? This honesty, or sugar-coated lies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:03 pm
Hmm... well... i DO like sugar.... xp
but really, i prefer honesty... it's quicker, easier... and often funny for me to read lol  

Lady Psychotic

ScottyQuick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:15 pm
rottenyouth.
haha.

anyway, on a more serious note;
to tragikk.

Tom is a very smart person, not some little kid who is pretending to be intellectually superior. I know this for a fact. His intellect surely surpasses my own.

and you're right.
Everyone here has the right to express themselves, and everyone has the right to speak the truth.

I think what triggers this "brutal honesty" though, is intolerance of stupidity. [which isnt always a bad thing] I know I do that alot.

Question is; what would the guild prefer? This honesty, or sugar-coated lies.

Most members here would prefer sugar-coated lies. But that would be stupid to give them that. Honesty improves people. Do you want a bunch of pansy-asses who can't say anything ruder then "That was mean!" ?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:24 pm
rottenyouth.
ISEL IS TEH BULLY.
gonk
HE R MEAN TO ME.

gonk

poor kate!  

carry on wayward daughter

Dapper Werewolf

Miss Gaytastic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:25 pm
tourniquetsmile