Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 pm
Palsa-San
Asashikka
Palsa-San
Asashikka
Palsa-San
Cool, hope that goes well. ^_^

Thanks, you probably noticed, but I used Luca from Ar tonelico II as a base for her portrait.

Thanks~! I hope so too hehe~

Haha, I've noticed. ^^

Luca as a character actually appeals to me (or rather, have taken an understanding to her "flaws" than to use it to justify my dislike of her overall character) so I haven't forgotten her general design. The editing and modification is done quite well though~

Thank you again. ^_^
One thing to remember though, all of the portraits that will be used in the game are from Gust games, so Elirica's personality is not at all similar to Luca's. ^_^

Hehe, of course. :3
For this project to work, a little more effort on characterization is needed. Reusing existing ones doesn't exactly float well on projects such as this haha. 8D;

And, you went through that trouble of rendering Elirica in this fashion. It'd be a waste if Elirica wasn't "Elirica" but someone else instead haha.

Ahh.. it's quite late, but I hope you understand what I mean..?

Oh yes, I'm fully aware of it. blaugh
That is actually one of the reasons why I was hoping to find an artist that could draw Elirica in a similar manner to the official artwork used in the original games.
Unfortunately, that didn't happen, so I had to use my own abilities, and that was to create a costume edit of an existing character. mrgreen
I decided to use Luca for Elirica, because her facial features and expressions seemed to match how I imagined her to look, while at the same time it had to be similar to the color edit of Leyfa that I was originally using, because I had already made quite a large number of sprites based on that, and it would be far more difficult to redesign the sprites then the portrait.
I'm also planning to use Chroche's portrait for Revirna, because, like with Luca's portrait, her facial features and expressions match how I picture her to look.
Though I'm still working on that, so it will probably be awhile before it's finished.

That's quite a lot of work!
Haha, finding an artist to do similar portraits (and in that quality) is difficult unless money is involved haha. Otherwise, I think the edits you're doing does its job well for the time being. :3

ahh I miss drawing. D:
I'm trying (and failing quite a bit lol) to get my persuasive speech done orz ;;
I'm not very motivated to continue working on my speech.. but I have to perform on Wednesday waah ;;. And my speech contents aren't necessarily good either.. oh dear ;;

I hope I do pretty well.. I heard I did pretty well on my informative speech. Then again, that's just the reception from my class so I don't know how my teacher remarked haha.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 pm
Asashikka
Palsa-San
Asashikka
Palsa-San
Asashikka
Palsa-San
Cool, hope that goes well. ^_^

Thanks, you probably noticed, but I used Luca from Ar tonelico II as a base for her portrait.

Thanks~! I hope so too hehe~

Haha, I've noticed. ^^

Luca as a character actually appeals to me (or rather, have taken an understanding to her "flaws" than to use it to justify my dislike of her overall character) so I haven't forgotten her general design. The editing and modification is done quite well though~

Thank you again. ^_^
One thing to remember though, all of the portraits that will be used in the game are from Gust games, so Elirica's personality is not at all similar to Luca's. ^_^

Hehe, of course. :3
For this project to work, a little more effort on characterization is needed. Reusing existing ones doesn't exactly float well on projects such as this haha. 8D;

And, you went through that trouble of rendering Elirica in this fashion. It'd be a waste if Elirica wasn't "Elirica" but someone else instead haha.

Ahh.. it's quite late, but I hope you understand what I mean..?

Oh yes, I'm fully aware of it. blaugh
That is actually one of the reasons why I was hoping to find an artist that could draw Elirica in a similar manner to the official artwork used in the original games.
Unfortunately, that didn't happen, so I had to use my own abilities, and that was to create a costume edit of an existing character. mrgreen
I decided to use Luca for Elirica, because her facial features and expressions seemed to match how I imagined her to look, while at the same time it had to be similar to the color edit of Leyfa that I was originally using, because I had already made quite a large number of sprites based on that, and it would be far more difficult to redesign the sprites then the portrait.
I'm also planning to use Chroche's portrait for Revirna, because, like with Luca's portrait, her facial features and expressions match how I picture her to look.
Though I'm still working on that, so it will probably be awhile before it's finished.

That's quite a lot of work!
Haha, finding an artist to do similar portraits (and in that quality) is difficult unless money is involved haha. Otherwise, I think the edits you're doing does its job well for the time being. :3

ahh I miss drawing. D:
I'm trying (and failing quite a bit lol) to get my persuasive speech done orz ;;
I'm not very motivated to continue working on my speech.. but I have to perform on Wednesday waah ;;. And my speech contents aren't necessarily good either.. oh dear ;;

I hope I do pretty well.. I heard I did pretty well on my informative speech. Then again, that's just the reception from my class so I don't know how my teacher remarked haha.

Speaking of drawing, I'm almost finished with one, here is an unfinished sample:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, I finally have a voice for Elirica! xd

And once again, good luck with the speech. ^_^  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 pm
Thank you! Uwaah I managed to survive the speech!

And wow, your drawing of Marlone (Marie) is coming out great so far!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 am
Thank you! ^_^  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:35 pm
Wow.. the guild front page got updated. o__o;

And I'm finished with my summer speech course today~! yay~! oAo
Now I can resume drawing~~ and maybe finally finish those Ar tonelico character designs that just sat on my WIP folder since I showed it off on ARM forum haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 pm
Yep, so far I like the changes. ^_^
Surprisingly, I didn't have to adjust any of the pictures size, it just managed to fit.
But I still don't like the fact that you can't see the pictures when logged off.

Sounds cool, please post the finished result. ^_^  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:40 am
Palsa-San
Yep, so far I like the changes. ^_^
Surprisingly, I didn't have to adjust any of the pictures size, it just managed to fit.
But I still don't like the fact that you can't see the pictures when logged off.

Sounds cool, please post the finished result. ^_^

Ahh.. I didn't know the pictures disappear when you're not logged in. o:

Hehe, I shall once I'm done with coloring them. =]
I also need to reorganize the 'story' I've written for them on the forum (and make a backup altogether since I haven't yet lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:41 pm
I now know why the pictures fit the front page so well, Gaia scales them down to size.
Duh. sweatdrop

Sounds cool. ^_^  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 pm
Ahh it's been a while. oAo

Recently, it looks like my art productivity shot up by a lot since this semester started surprisingly. Usually, when school rolls in.. my art progress gets slower due to school work and getting antsy over it haha.

And.. I'm looking forward to Atelier Rorona. I'm tempted to get it... but I don't have the console and spending $60+ on a game now is going to make me contemplate it a lot. I'd like the artbook though.. and would like to get it separately before getting the game much later when I have the console and is at a reasonable price haha ;;.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 pm
Same here, I still haven't gotten a PS3.
But, if NIS announces Atelier Judie for the PSP, then the PSP will be my next goal.  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:41 pm
Palsa-San
Same here, I still haven't gotten a PS3.
But, if NIS announces Atelier Judie for the PSP, then the PSP will be my next goal.

That'll be very nice~ I already have a PSP so I can get the game myself in some way (since I contemplate for nearly every purchase that isn't deemed as necessary nowadays). :3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:44 pm
I've seen a lot of games for the PSP and DS that are similar to Gust's Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia style, so I hope that they plan to make more games for the hand held consoles.
I just miss their awesome sprite animations. 3nodding  

Palsa-San
Crew

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:08 pm
Palsa-San
I've seen a lot of games for the PSP and DS that are similar to Gust's Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia style, so I hope that they plan to make more games for the hand held consoles.

I hope so too~ I use handhelds more frequently than consoles nowadays and well, I have the pleasure of playing it in all kinds of settings instead of just playing (and being restricted) within the confines of my home.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:23 pm
Asashikka
Palsa-San

I hope so too~ I use handhelds more frequently than consoles nowadays and well, I have the pleasure of playing it in all kinds of settings instead of just playing (and being restricted) within the confines of my home.

True.
I really hope that NIS plans to bring Atelier Lina over, that game is extremely awesome. ^_^  

Palsa-San
Crew

Salburg Cathedral - The Official Atelier and Ar tonelico Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas