Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Wand Making Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

La-MoonSquid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:57 am
Reivyn-chan
SiicoSeeren

My favorite place to be has these tree's (the tree I plan to get the stick for my wand from) and I was wondering if ayone knows exactly what kind of tree is it? I can't figure it out for the life of me User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I pretty sure those are Birch trees. More specifically the gray birch.

Lovely pictures by the way.. It seems like a really great spot. 3nodding

Thank you! That does seem about right. I was a bit skeptical about just plain birch, but yusss.

Oh its gorgeous! During the rainy seasons, water runs through the middle whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:56 pm
Ok, mono lasted even longer than I thought it would, then I got busy, and now I seem to have a flu. sweatdrop I'm going to go work on research for the C, C & C section now, though, and I'll be getting supplies for the second technique ASAP. Thanks for your patience, everyone! <3

@Controller-Tamer: Hmm, it sounds like the energy's flowing out and it needs to be 'sealed' somehow. I'll work on figuring out a way to do that; I'll put it in the C, C & C section.
You might also want to add a crystal to the tip to direct the energy - clear quartz works well for that.

@SiicoSeeren: Wow, what a beautiful place! Yep, looks like birch to me too.

@Foxmore: That looks amazing! Much better than mine....
sweatdrop  

Lysine

Flying Dicks

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:17 pm
I don't really know if it needs a stone. I might put one in the tip though if I have to. Theres a small black pearl bead in the handle  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Ok, I've added info on Cleansing and Consecration to the C, C, & C section, as well as a technique for 'sealing' your wand for Controller-Tamer. Took me long enough! sweatdrop
Care coming soon....

@Controller-Tamer:
Adding another stone isn't necessary, but you might want to add a small white one at the tip, to balance out the black one at the base. It's really up to you though, of course.  

Lysine

isidar_mithram

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:33 am
Heh, Discworld witches are awesome.

I was keeping an eye out for a good stick for a wand..and then three days ago I found it. It was actually a branch from a rose bush...but it was perfect once I took the thorns and the first layer off. There aren't many trees with the right sort of stick.

The rose branch just feels right for me. smile Then again, roses are for protection, warding, grounding, love and emotional healing so I think it's good enough for me.

Oh, and I can answer a question..if you don't mind..

Tallulah Taye
I was wondering about twisting some copper wire around the handle. What do you think?

Some people do, some people don't. I suppose it comes back to what feels right for you, and what you want. For some people, it just doesn't feel right, and they avoid having metal in their circle as much as possible. In the end, it's your wand, you're the one working with it. If it feels comfortable to have the copper wire there, then by all means, have it!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:38 pm
*nods* Thank you~
The pearl is more a decoration since it is just a bead. I might remove it and replace it but I don't have any crystals I'd consider disposable, since i use them a lot by themselves for meditation and healing.

Its not so much that the energy flows out the sides as that it simply dissapates as soon as I put it down, and recharging something everytime I use it is very tiring. I will try binding it however and tell you what happens.

The wood I used had already fallen to the ground, and so it is 'dead' in a way though I dont view it that way... would that have anything to do with it?  

Flying Dicks

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Lily of the Sword

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:45 pm
I absolutely love this section. This will help greatly. It's exactly what I wanted to do! <3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:35 pm
Question.

What's the best way to attach crystal to ribbon (or just crystal to wood with something floaty inbetween)?

I found my huge eucalyptus branch again and suddenly I want this one to be decorative, crazy things like hanging crystals and ribbon from it and carving things into it. Maybe runes. No, Ogham. No ignore that, I don't know a damn thing about Ogham.

Arrrgh.  

Funa Spectrum

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:10 pm
i may have a problem...^_^
i have found a stick that is right for me. It was a ways in the woods behind my house. It was on the ground though, a ways from any tree. I do not know what type of wood it is. Is there a way to tell from the bark, and should i post the stick so people could figure it out. Just wondering...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:26 pm
I have a question. Do you have an answer? ;]

Is using a wand considered kind of an alternative to an athame, or should one have both? Is there said to be/have you noticed a difference in the two?

From what I understand, an athame should be double-sided (not single-edged like a steak knife). That makes sense for directing energy. In the case of the white-handled knife though (I forget the name, sorry), is it necessary that it's double-edged? I work in floral, and I (coincidentally) have two white-handled knives I use at work that I love. They're single-edged, but I'm so comfortable with them that I'd love to find another for my personal use.

Using a double-edged knife for directing energy feels absolutely necessary to me to maintain balance (if it's necessary to use an athame, I'd prefer a wand). In the case of a work knife though, I feel just as strongly that using a single-edged knife is right for me. Any input?

@zabazor - sometimes the type is obvious, but i think we could identify it faster (if we are able) if you posted a picture, rather than trying to compare it to written descriptions. 3nodding

**EDIT**
I've just read that a staff may be used as a similar tool, and I actually find it more appealing than the wand and the athame. So I'd like to inquire further - are the three somewhat interchangeable, and are there any differences I should be aware of in contemplating my decision? smile  

Ketmie

Funa Spectrum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:05 am
I believe the subtle difference between a wand and an athame is that where the wand is directing, the athame is commanding. And neither of them are necessary for anything - hands work too.

The boline I haven't heard much about. It's often curved, but I've heard nothing of whether it's single or double edged. I don't think it matters, though.

Staff I'm not really familiar with at all though, sorry. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:25 pm
i have not seen a boline in real life but as i was looking up wand designs today i came across it. As i have seen from several, it is a curven single sided blade. It resembles a hand held sickle. It is from what i have read used for carving into wands, or candlel. I heard nothing about sacred use, but im sure there is one. I hate to sound all hear say, but i dont have one, and never used one B4.

In the new age "wicca" store near my house i have seen staffs. They look like a wand, only bigger. I have no idea what they are used for. If i had to guse the same purpose as a wand, direction. I really dont know thow, I would love to find out.

Further more, my camera is being mean so the pic of the stick i have will have to wait till 2moro once i can photo it. For those who have read my previous post...  

zabazor
Vice Captain

Ketmie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:56 pm
I looked into it, too.
I'm not sure about the official use of a staff, but it does seem similar to a wand. smile I'm lucky enough to live in a valley (Tucson, AZ USA) so I'm visiting Mt Lemmon tomorrow to try to find a good length of wood. I've been wanting to spend some time in the mountains anyway. I'm not used to trees and greenery, so it always feels magical and enchanting to me to visit. I do get a bit afraid at night though. I'm terrified of the dark. >.<
And the white knife IS meant to be more practical than magical. It's supposed to be used for things like cutting flowers and herbs, and carving other magical tools (like the wand). I've read descriptions of it being curved, too, but that seems impractical to me. I've decided to just go with what I feel is right, and find a straight, single-edged one. smile

*EDIT*
I went to the mountains today, and I found a stick that's not nearly as long or thick as I thought I wanted. Every time I put it down though, I had to go back and pick it up. I'm not sure what kind of wood it is, because the bark was so different from the trees around it. It only comes about waist high, and it's definitely less than an inch thick. I really wanted something bigger, and there were plenty of longer branches available, but like I said, I can't get rid of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 am
wow night flower, sounds like u fond the right stick for you. and i have to say im suprised to hear that you do not go out into nature much, o well. Last night the moon was out and the sky, for once, was clear. I was just outside to bask in the beauty of her for no other reason and you dont even go out when u need to. But we are all diffrent...

BTW, i finaly fot a chance to take a shot of my stick. I was wondering if any of you could tell me what type of tree it came from. I sure as heck dont know...^_^

User Image

~for those who can not see it well it is a lovely shade of brown and gray
~it has/had branches comming out on both sides with each other"i know that may help" you know, if one is on one side directly oposit it there is another, cant explain it better
~i dont know what else to say...^_^ but thnx for trying...  

zabazor
Vice Captain

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 am
Well... what did the leaves look like?

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of tree?  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games