Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No Image Available

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:25 pm
oh no poor moogles and vieras are your friends or were  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:11 am
Scythemaster Deatharte
Hey I liked 8, but this isn't about 8. This is about the Ivalice Alliance Final Fantasy games, which does no include 8. Comrende?

Actually When The GF Gilgamesh first appears during the battle with Seifer right before/during the beginning of time compression he makes a statement.

Gilgamesh make the following statements.
the first two were just rough recollections but the third one is word for word^_^.

You Gave me the fourth one...
Ugh..was it you?
and after he blasts Seifer with his new sword he says.

"Where is the dimensional interval?"

I basically recall this because I googled Dimensional and Interval at the time/my first playthrough of the game..... and came up with the hypothesis that somehow Gilgamesh was able to jump between times to different dimensions.

This is from here: Interval From Wordnet Definitions of interval on the Web:

# time interval: a definite length of time marked off by two instants
# a set containing all points (or all real numbers) between two given endpoints
# the distance between things; "fragile items require separation and cushioning"
# the difference in pitch between two notes

Definitions of Dimension on the Web:the magnitude of something in a particular direction.

The following words in red are from Interval Wikipedia

With regards to time, an interval or period is the duration between two events or occurrences of similar events. It is related to the mathematical concept of interval in that the interval contains all of the points of time between the two events.

This is from the wikipedia for "Dimension"
It's talking about physics here just to let that be known ^_^

Dimension Article on Wikipedia
that's the link for the article in it's complete form.

"Time"

Time is often referred to as the "fourth dimension". It is one way to measure physical change. It is perceived differently from the three spatial dimensions in that there is only one of it, and that we cannot move freely in time but subjectively move in one direction.

The equations used in physics to model reality do not treat time in the same way that humans perceive it. The equations of classical mechanics are symmetric with respect to time, and equations of quantum mechanics are typically symmetric if both time and other quantities (such as charge and parity) are reversed. In these models, the perception of time flowing in one direction is an artifact of the laws of thermodynamics (we perceive time as flowing in the direction of increasing entropy).

The best-known treatment of time as a dimension is Poincaré and Einstein's special relativity (and extended to general relativity), which treats perceived space and time as components of a four-dimensional manifold, known as spacetime, and in the special, flat case as Minkowski space."

so somehow since I think we can all agree that the Gilgamesh from FF8 is the same Gilgamesh From FF12 and FF12 Revenant wings we can safely include FF8 as somewhat part of the Ivalice Games if not the actual world that Ivalice resides in....

This does raise the possibility that A)Gilgamesh is a Unique Individual who can travel through time at will,i.e. it's a genetic or personal power relating to Gilgamesh.

or B)he knows of a particular method of technologic means to travel through spacetime.

I hadn't even known that bit about Balthier being transported through time but is it possiblelikely that Gilgamesh has access to either the one that transported Balthier or more likely another one that is "tuned" to the spacetime events of FF8?

so what does everyone think in light of this information?  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Scythemaster Deatharte

Magnetic Lunatic

5,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:35 am
Similar summons bearing same names have always appeared in Final Fantasy games. Especially in light that so many of the games in the series share the exactly the same, or at the very least similar appearance. It is also true that Gilgamesh has a distinctive style to him, and that the developers could also have simply reused the design? Perhaps all the espers from all the games are multidimensional beings?

While I can see your point on the Gilgamesh theory, there was no actual cross story referencing between FF8 and the Ivalice alliance games. Though the gunblade did make an appearance in FFXII, it had absolutely no relevence to the story, it seemed to me that it was simply a easter egg that was inserted to please those who would recognize it. The Gilgamesh could possibly have been that, as well.

And besides, just because a "Dimension" was spoken of, doesn't necessarily means it was the same as a portal to Ivalice, or its timeline.

Sometimes, game developers and story writers are not as devious as one might think, sometimes they can be, but other times there can be false leads. I fancy myself a writer, I have some insight in this.

Yes I have no proof of mine, but there was no official statement confirming that Gilgamesh's appearance in had anything to do with anything, and is possibly an inside joke or other trick that is more specifically tied to the writers and developers.

The summary of what I am saying is that there is no match or effect on FF8's events based on Ivalice events and vice-versa. As I remember Gilgamesh being a side-quest, though I haven't played in awhile. No event in the Ivalice timeline is mentioned in 8 that I am aware of, and no specifically stated event from 8 was described in XII and I haven't played RW, but I assume that the relevance is about the same in that as in twelve. The main stories are separate and have no interlink with the main characters of either, so those stories are separate. Also they take place on two different worlds, so even if Gilgamesh's dimesional abilities is what brought him to Ivalice, it is not enough of link to say that they share the same timelines, so they remain separate sub-series of Final Fantasy, in my mind.

Only the creators of the games know for sure. So it could go any which way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Gilgamesh is a cameo role, and a recurring character, like chobobos and Cid.
He's not a serious character, and not related to the plot at all, with no bearing on Ivalice's timeline.

He was originally shown in V, where Exdeath took him on as his right hand man and ended up warping him into this inter-dimensional freak.
His appearance in XII clearly implies that he's been flitting back and fourth between the Final Fantasy worlds, as he has swords from previous games.  

Seraphor

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

siegfried nones

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:24 am
what an awsm time line you realy put effert into it didnt you smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm
Seraphor
This thread is to simply lay out the events from all the Ivalice games and to discuss how events fit into the sequence.
May take a while to set up.

This will probably develop into a broader info thread for the Ivalice alliance, so I'm sticking it. XD

The Chronology of Ivalice

The Games
In chronological order.

• Final Fantasy XII PS2
• Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings DS
• Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 DS
• Final Fantasy Tactics PS1/PSP
• Vagrant Story PS1
• Final Fantasy Tactics Advance GBA

The Timeline

Red - Officially stated by a Square source.
Green - Stated in an Ivalice Alliance title.
Black - Logically makes sense and is agreed upon by the majority.
Purple - Questionable.

Unknown Era
• ?? - The Occuria reside in Giruvegan.
• ?? - The 12 Espers led by Ultima rebel against the Occuria.

Old Valendia
• 1 - Establishment of the Galtean Federation.
• 394 - The Galtean Federation breaks apart.
• 706 - Final Fantasy XII takes place.
• 707 - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings takes place.
• 7?? - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 takes place.
• 7?? - St Ajora establishes the Glabados religion.

Unknown Era
• ?? - A catastrophe befalls civilisation at this stage.
• ?? - Either directly or indirectly, Moogles, Numou and Viera become extinct.
• ~ - Era lasts for 1200 years.

Middle Ages
• ?? - Final Fantasy Tactics takes place.
• ?? - Several centuries later, Arazlam Durai discovers the Durai papers.

Unknown Era
• ?? - Vagrant Story takes place.

Modern Times
• ?? - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance takes place.

Hey I'm sorry to repost this but I had a question about it and I don't think anyone else in this section addressed it. I was wondering how its possible for FFTA takes place after FFTA2 because if I'm not mistaken (and I may be) Marche turns out to be Luso's teacher after you finish FFTA2. After Luso wakes up from his "dream", he is telling his teacher, Marche or someone who closely resembles him, about it and the teacher tells him that it once happened to him and he will never forget it or something to that effect. If I'm wrong about this please set me right...um also how did FFTA take place after Moogles, Viera, and Numou go extinct because they are in the game?  

Grim Silverfang

Waltzkrieg

Smitten Businessman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:33 am
I can't answer your first question because I've not played FFTA2 (sob) but as for the second one, I was under the impression that the part of FFTA that contained the Ivalice we're used to wasn't a "real" world, but rather an imaginary one recorded in a spell of some kind in the Grimoire. In St. Ivalice-- the "real" world, the city Marche actually lives in at the beginning of the game-- those races don't exist, and the setting is clearly more modern than those of other games.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:57 am
Silverfang Musica
Seraphor
This thread is to simply lay out the events from all the Ivalice games and to discuss how events fit into the sequence.
May take a while to set up.

This will probably develop into a broader info thread for the Ivalice alliance, so I'm sticking it. XD

The Chronology of Ivalice

The Games
In chronological order.

• Final Fantasy XII PS2
• Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings DS
• Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 DS
• Final Fantasy Tactics PS1/PSP
• Vagrant Story PS1
• Final Fantasy Tactics Advance GBA

The Timeline

Red - Officially stated by a Square source.
Green - Stated in an Ivalice Alliance title.
Black - Logically makes sense and is agreed upon by the majority.
Purple - Questionable.

Unknown Era
• ?? - The Occuria reside in Giruvegan.
• ?? - The 12 Espers led by Ultima rebel against the Occuria.

Old Valendia
• 1 - Establishment of the Galtean Federation.
• 394 - The Galtean Federation breaks apart.
• 706 - Final Fantasy XII takes place.
• 707 - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings takes place.
• 7?? - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 takes place.
• 7?? - St Ajora establishes the Glabados religion.

Unknown Era
• ?? - A catastrophe befalls civilisation at this stage.
• ?? - Either directly or indirectly, Moogles, Numou and Viera become extinct.
• ~ - Era lasts for 1200 years.

Middle Ages
• ?? - Final Fantasy Tactics takes place.
• ?? - Several centuries later, Arazlam Durai discovers the Durai papers.

Unknown Era
• ?? - Vagrant Story takes place.

Modern Times
• ?? - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance takes place.

Hey I'm sorry to repost this but I had a question about it and I don't think anyone else in this section addressed it. I was wondering how its possible for FFTA takes place after FFTA2 because if I'm not mistaken (and I may be) Marche turns out to be Luso's teacher after you finish FFTA2. After Luso wakes up from his "dream", he is telling his teacher, Marche or someone who closely resembles him, about it and the teacher tells him that it once happened to him and he will never forget it or something to that effect. If I'm wrong about this please set me right...um also how did FFTA take place after Moogles, Viera, and Numou go extinct because they are in the game?
The Ivalice in TA is not real.
The Gran Grimoire 'recorded' the Old Valendian Ivalice, and when Mewt read it in TA, with the power of the Gran Grimoire he willed them into a Dream Ivalice created from everything recorded in it.

In TA2, it's a different Gran Grimoire (there are at least three of them) that Luso reads, and this one actually send him back in time to the real Old Valendian Ivalice.  

Seraphor

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

Grim Silverfang

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:59 am
Ah ok thanks  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:28 am
WHAT an awesome collection of history. I can see who posted this thread, props to you! And props to whoever else helped! What a cool idea. If I were to have lived in one of these games, it would have been after the end of the Lion War. I'd like to see them continue the FF Tactics Lion War story more closely to where it ended, with Delita taking the throne or something like that, and having Olan being a playable character, that'd be awesome.  

Caerwyn_Tactics

Hikaru Seishouki

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:44 am
Seraphor
Gilgamesh is a cameo role, and a recurring character, like chobobos and Cid...

Did someone say something about Cid reappearing? Here I am. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:43 am
Grim Silverfang

When the hell did Moogles, Viera, and Nu Mou go extinct? The only extinction in games that I can recall offhand is the Yuke extinction in the latest Crystal Chronicles game.

Also, Marche is Luso's teacher, and Mewt is the Librarian (Ever notice the teddy bear?). No mention of Ritz has been found, though, as far as I know.  

Grim Fable

Distinct Elder

7,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Ivalice Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers