Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Rpgs R Us
Front Page Graphic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:20 pm
By now you have noticed the front page graphic of everyone. Well I need to update it still with normal Rob and I noticed that some others have changed there avatars as well. Therefore, post the avatar you want in the graphic HERE. Use tektek.org to make the image and then link it. It will be easier and then you won't need to keep changing the outfit on your actual avatar.

I'll post regularly on the chance to update the avatar if you like. That is all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:04 pm
OUTDATED
PICTURE
REMOVED

Yes, I'm aware that this avatar lacks the Black Orchid Brooch. I am only wearing this brooch during the current storyline; I will probably remove it after the Halloween event.

Advice for others: you might not have noticed, but tektek has added an expansion to the Dream Avatar Creator: Dream Free. If you don't like the way items layer on tektek, then go ahead and build your avatar, Save it, and then click the "Test: Change Item Layering" link on the View Avatar screen. You can freely alter the layering and then re-save your avatar with the different layering.

Elphie, you may have already done this, but just in case, I highly recommend you make this image in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop or some other graphics program that is high-end enough to allow layers. If you put each person's avatar on a different layer, that would make it easier to re-make the image when someone's avatar permanently changes (temporary changes, of course, are common for some people but shouldn't affect the graphic.) Any item update here on Gaia could include an item that someone falls in love with and permanently adds to their default avatar. Case in point, the Platinum Skin and White Tribal Tattoos; they're staying. About the only thing I can think of that could replace them would be a white full-body tattoo and lighter-colored versions of the Elbow Pads and Knee Pads. Plus, I've got several head items lying in wait in my Inventory for the one item that would complete that look: a blue version of the Rebellion Face Mask. If anything like that is released, you can probably wave goodbye to my 4x Bluestone Helm.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:46 am
User Image
Couldn't get the violin in the right pose, but this works too. (I'd like to wear all three of the strings together but I'd need to buy two more sad )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:18 pm
Yeah. It's not terribly likely that the avatar will change in the near future. Just use the one currently there.  

Ryushikaze
Crew

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:37 am
Do you know if HTML/CSS works on the front page? I could probably write you something small that would display our actual avatars, rather than an image. Amby, if you want to test it (assuming you don't know css) try adding this:
Red?

If that text is red, then I'll carry on and write something to display us (plus the tagline).

EDIT: Having read up on php image functions, I might be able to do it as an image without needing CSS. But that would be hard.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:33 pm
User Image

This would be nice. TY  

Heofthehills

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:23 pm
New avatar image!

User Image

To quote some info that was briefly on my Quest Thread:

Platonix
...my usually-static avatar has changed recently. The new Starter sets and the NPC Underwear have made this look possible, and I find that I like it better than the mishmash I was trying with the Elegant Satin Vest. [...] I might slowly add other detail to my new torso; I might not. We'll see. Also, other parts of my avi are awaiting similar change. My arms and legs will change as soon as Juno fixes a certain glitch I've notified her about, and my head is awaiting the release of a certain item that does not yet exist; when something like what I want is released, I will be waving goodbye to the 4x Bluestone Helm, likely forever.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:09 pm
Here's me!

User Image

Looks a little punkish, I know, but oh well.

You could use the one in my sig if you really want, but he's not on Gaia and it would ruin the nice horseshoe we have going.  

Azzarinne

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:45 pm
BonzaiRob
Do you know if HTML/CSS works on the front page? I could probably write you something small that would display our actual avatars, rather than an image. Amby, if you want to test it (assuming you don't know css) try adding this:
Red?

If that text is red, then I'll carry on and write something to display us (plus the tagline).

EDIT: Having read up on php image functions, I might be able to do it as an image without needing CSS. But that would be hard.
So it finally occured to me that, as Vice-Captain, I can and should check into this.

Bad news. You can't use HTML, let alone CSS. The parser recognized the simple HTML tag for bold and helpfully converted it into the BBCode version, but an HTML tag to set font color was not parsed at all, and neither was any of the CSS you offered.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:07 pm
Two years later...
If we want a live-updating version, let me know and I will make it happen, or at least try.
heart PHP  

BonzaiRob

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 pm
I'm all for it, but I think that Amby, Pory, and Ryu should definitely get a say in this. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:47 pm
I'm all for it as well, but we need to find out what Amby's status is.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Rpgs R Us

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers