Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
straight edge

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:36 pm
ok... this is who i am, and ur gonna be surprised to find out all this. I'm fascinated with death, i smile in movies when people die. I love blood, its cool, i like the way it looks. I love skulls, they're cool, i love dark things that freak out most people. BUT, i AM A CHRISTIAN, why in the hell do i have to be labled as satanic cuz of my style? Just cuz im "Gothic" doesnt mean i'm a fracking anti christ! and just cuz i'm gothic, doesnt mean i'm supposed to drink, smoke, and do drugs, who the hell determined that? I'm straight edge, i refuse to drink, i refuse to smoke, i refuse to do drugs. But no, i'm gothic, i dont "have a choice" i "have to drink" i "have to smoke" i "have to do drugs". I'm sick and tired of people saying i dont belong in the social structure becuase i'm straight edge. "Dude, your gonna be a nobody in college is you dont at least drink" DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE???? why do i have to drink and do retarded stuff just to be "a somebody" i'm 16, legal drinking age is 21, so they can go eff themselves. Despite my enjoyment of dark stuff, i am a loving person. I enjoy loving people. I have a conscience, i cry when i see homeless people, i cry when i see orphans, i feel bad eating knowing that people dont have that luxury. why is it like illegal for me to be christian, but gothic at the same time? look t christian death metal bands, they not saying nothing bout them, so why can't i be left the hell alone? I went to a party last night, didnt drink or anything of course, what the heck do people think is so fascinating bout them? they're boring, and quite frankly, retarded. Anyone else sick and tired of these retarded belief that you can't have a life if your not straight edge? I'm a christian man, i love the world, but... this is the kinda stuff that makes me wish killing people wasnt illegal and against the 10 commandments -.-  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:46 pm
Dude, your resistence to peer pressure is a true virtue. Keep that up. Also, patience is something you really need in times like those. They fall under influences that you don't. Thats what sets you apart from them and thats awesome!!

About the lovin' skulls and being Goth and wearing Goth stuff and all that, it doesn't matter. You're still a christian and it doesn't matter what you look like. God still loves you and I'm sure He's very proud of you. I know I am.

About your friends, I'm stuck right there. Your friends choices are their choices-not yours. Keep that quality of yourself ever-vigilant.

God bless and I love man. Prayin' for ya too. biggrin

*yawn* Oh man, I'm going to bed. Good night. lol

.....Now I lay my head to sleep, I pray the Lord my soult to keep......or somethin' like that. hehe..... whee

Mjolnir The Hammer

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:26 am
well said maplestoryjunky

the status quo is bs so don't let it get to ya

on a side note
on my 21st i confermed that not only is drinking way over rated but that i am a sleepy drunk

this is not to say there arn't any laughs to be found watching silly drunks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:28 am
wow !! im speechless for once but i say your decisions are amazing and truly out-there. making your own decisions make you your own person. i dont know if im making sense but im just gonna keep going and hope you understand. your decisions make you you. not someone else. i have to come back to this and say more but for now i have to go.  

sunshinehearttrob

Princessofwhatever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:24 pm
Meh. Thats just the way society is. People conform to normalities of society often to "fit in" and then expect everyone else to do the same. When someone else doesnt go by what's expected, then some people just feel the need to [reveal their own ignorance in the process of] call[ing] them out and verbalize[/verbalizing] what's expected of them xd Such people often get negative feelings such as jealousy of people who actually do be themselves because they dont do the same for fear of being rejected and such. That's often the case. But i say, keep being yourself and after a while you'll probably get used to people's ignorance in this matter. I mean look at my avitar. A lot of ignorant people would assume im goth and cuss a lot, one reason being because they dont know not to judge by looks. But you. You. are friggin awesome mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:16 pm
you have 2 kitty's, and an angelic guitar... Exactly why do people think you're goth? as for keep up with what i'm doing, fighting this stupidity... I've been fighting this retarded peer preasure stuff for... 4 years now. It's gotten old, its to the point to where if they dont get "no" the first time, i have to MAKE them understand it. And because of my build, i'm a rather intimidating person.

And i know a lot of people think "why didnt someone kill the dude that made drugs" all that good stuff... the truth is, even if we did manage to kill that dude, someone else woulda stepped in. It doesnt matter what we do, because all of this... stuff will never go away.

And then the sterotypes, i joke about sterotypes, but i dont actually judge people based upon them. Yes, i will joke and tell someone to stop being emo if they're being a drama lama, but they know i'm joking. This long list of what a certain type of person is supposed to do. NOT ONE OF THE TYPE OF PERSON DOES THE SAME D--- THING, NO ONE IS EXACTLY THE SAME. this is what these r-tards fail to realize,no one is exactly alike, they may look alike, they may act like, but in some way, they are completely different.

I'm the only sober person in my school, and i go to a catholic high school, what the hell? i tried drinking once before... but its so over rated, people think its so fun!!!... yea, for me, as i watch the morons trip over their pants and run into the walls and claim that the wall just appeared out of nowhere. Who wants to put that kind of embarassment on themself?

I have my reasons for not doing any of that stuff, my brothers didnt fight peer preasure, now i get to watch as they destroy their lives. No, not I, i refuse to destroy myself, and my body that God has blessed me with. Despite my... somewhat violent nature, i want to have a family. I want to be a good father, a sober one, and i want to be a good husband... a sober one who provides a good example for my children, and grand children. Then when i tell these jerks this, they say i'm too young to think that far inthe future... please tell me how far into the future am i allowed to look to... the next day... or perhaps 5 minutes, walking my life aimlessly from day to day, just going with the flow. No, not me, I choose to follow God, and where He wants me to go, no one else. Only God will tell me what to do with my life, because my life isnt mine, it's his because i willing gave it to him. and because i like dark stuff, i'm a "poser" christian... Give me a bible, and i'll show you whos the poser -.- I look to God for my deciscions, i talk to him, and try to listen and do what he tells me to do. And he says not to drink, not to smoke, and not to do drugs, So over my dead body am i going to do them. The arrogance of people today is so overwhelming. how many times do i have to say "no" for them to leave me the hell alone? the only time they mess off is when i tell them to not even bother sleeping that night, cuz then they get scared and shut up... Why can't i be left alone without having to threaten people?????????????????????  

thrashmetaljunkie

iremembertherain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:10 pm
thrashmetaljunkie
ok... this is who i am, and ur gonna be surprised to find out all this. I'm fascinated with death, i smile in movies when people die. I love blood, its cool, i like the way it looks. I love skulls, they're cool, i love dark things that freak out most people. BUT, i AM A CHRISTIAN, why in the hell do i have to be labled as satanic cuz of my style? Just cuz im "Gothic" doesnt mean i'm a fracking anti christ! and just cuz i'm gothic, doesnt mean i'm supposed to drink, smoke, and do drugs, who the hell determined that? I'm straight edge, i refuse to drink, i refuse to smoke, i refuse to do drugs. But no, i'm gothic, i dont "have a choice" i "have to drink" i "have to smoke" i "have to do drugs". I'm sick and tired of people saying i dont belong in the social structure becuase i'm straight edge. "Dude, your gonna be a nobody in college is you dont at least drink" DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE???? why do i have to drink and do retarded stuff just to be "a somebody" i'm 16, legal drinking age is 21, so they can go eff themselves. Despite my enjoyment of dark stuff, i am a loving person. I enjoy loving people. I have a conscience, i cry when i see homeless people, i cry when i see orphans, i feel bad eating knowing that people dont have that luxury. why is it like illegal for me to be christian, but gothic at the same time? look t christian death metal bands, they not saying nothing bout them, so why can't i be left the hell alone? I went to a party last night, didnt drink or anything of course, what the heck do people think is so fascinating bout them? they're boring, and quite frankly, retarded. Anyone else sick and tired of these retarded belief that you can't have a life if your not straight edge? I'm a christian man, i love the world, but... this is the kinda stuff that makes me wish killing people wasnt illegal and against the 10 commandments -.-

UGGHHH, I KNOW! At one school I used to go to, I was labeled as Satanic and evil by supposedly "good Christians." Those "good Christians" threw things are me. Those "good Christians" said that I should have 666 on my forehead and that I came from the 10th level of hell (I saw that on the history channel; there isn't a 10th level.) All this for wearing a lot of black. (I know, I know, my avi doesn't show it. I like to keep people on their toes) It's hard sometimes, everyone assuming you obviously worship the devil. What does that say about what kind of Christians they are?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:10 pm
Most people who think that being goth and being satanic or whatever are related, those are just over religious people and they should not be listened to. It's all a matter of where your heart is, God doesn't care what you look like as long as your heart is on the right place biggrin  

missymisa

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:21 pm
animeangel28
those are just over religious people and they should not be listened to

I wouldn't say they're over religious people. They're just ignorant, and they don't try to see things in another perspective. Either that or they're older and they aren't used to current times.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:28 pm
I agree with you Captain!! mrgreen

Thats the way my Grandma in Florida is.  

Mjolnir The Hammer

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:32 pm
I've never understood the issue with wearing black. Even I've been accused of being "goth," and I really don't dress it at all...beyond just having a lot of random black clothing. Black goes with everything, it looks good on everyone, and it doesn't show stains. Also, I'm a musician, so often I'm required to wear black for more casual jobs (more formal ones usually require a tie and jacket). I buy a lot of black clothing for purely practical reasons.

As for the whole straight-edge thing...I've never understood why certain choices require a special label. I mean, you don't want to do those things. Cool. That's great. But why does it require a label? Just don't do things you don't want to do, dress how you like, and leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:53 am
If you have to keep telling your friends no, thats not who I am, and they don't get it...are they really your friends? They're not respecting your decisions and thus not respecting you...

I'm in college myself...and I decided to opt for sub-free (substance free) living. I've heard all of the "You don't drink? Why not?" or the "You must be weird/abnormal for going to a college where you can drink and don't."

I completely respect your decision to choose what you want to and not let others influence your decisions. Afterall, God gave us all the freedom to choose to do/believe in what we want...personally though, I do have a bit of a problem with the skulls and what-not...I see them as being symbolic to death. If Jesus is Life, to me, it would seem a bit ironic to surround myself with objects which symbolized death. Of course, that may just be me...  

Nekkid Glomper

Dcaff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:04 pm
Hey,

All you guys who are being looked down on by your very own "Christian brothers and sisters", I am truly sorry! It is the all too common issue of looking at the splinter in your brother's eye and neglecting the plank in your own. It is said that as Christians, THE most identifiable characteristic of true believers is their love for one another (sorry I'm not quoting scripture word for word here...I don't have my Bible handy!). It is safe to say these days that for the most part, we look no different than the rest of the world, and that what especially repulses people about Christians is their lack of love, the way they point the finger, the way they judge and yet we have been called to something so much better!

Guys, all of you who love the Lord, you just follow him and you model those things that your peers lack, ok? Set the example. Lead the way! When they can't find it in themselves to love you, to not pass judgment on you, you love them back and you be forgiving and patient towards them. Agression simply never results in victory...not in God's Kingdom. Things work differently here.

You will notice how patient and steady God is in dealing with this fallen world. We don't know the half of the sick things that happen out there every day- God sees it all and yet his dealing with us is very steady, very consistent, very patient, very forgiving, very loving. SO, be like him. Be consistent and patient. The word longsuffering comes to mind...which simply put, means to suffer for a long time! We are told to BEAR with one another in love. Its hard, your peers don't seem to be able to get a grasp on it, so you show em how its done! THAT is being an all-out follower of Christ.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:12 pm
P.S...

I love you all! You guys are all great! Just in case anyone hasn't told you that today!  

Dcaff

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff