Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unwashed Hooligans

Back to Guilds

TRU PUNX! PUNX 4 LIFE! OI OI OI! BEER CLASS! 

Tags: punk, anarchy, beer, Henry Rollins, hooligans 

Reply Talk About s**t
punx a** comix Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:36 am
oh also read Logicomix, i loved it... if you are interested in philosophy, history of philosophy logic and modern mathematics its an excellent book for you.

its basically a biographical story of a mathematician growing up in victorian england going to school in love with math... finding unbearbly illogical issues with the acception of certain abstracts in math taken for granted in geometry, trig and cal. In which he imbarks himself on a life long journey to discover a universal and logical perfection to fix these math issues. He fights memories of his childhood, his own sexual and romantic deviency, war mongering, the clear and present threat of maddness, and his own world shattering logical proof that logic and math are inescapably detrimented by paradox.

its pretty punx actually.. in like a stuffy i wear glasses and read about numbers kind of punx.... I mean he challenges a system established since anchient times as pure truth... and he fights not only to reveal its faults but solve its faults... its a really exciting story.

Its told through a lecture spannign the life experiences of the mathematician spoken in DC to a crowd of american isolationists and pacifists protesting the possibility of US involvement in WWII (which on that very morning had just begun)

the book is also self-referential as a great deal of commentary on the story is spoken about in discussions between the writers and a computer logitician about how to write the book itself.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:45 pm
Jiggly
Crust Gambit

I'm also currently reading Ragnarök.
Not very punk, but the fact I'm reading it online might make it seem like it.
NOT PAYING FOR YOUR ******** COMIX AUGH UPDAPUNXXX
Srsly tho, would buy the whole s**t (10 volumes) if I had the money.
Been wanting to read (and own) it for sooooo long.

Heh, I had the whole 10 volumes.

But it was disappointing.

The series doesn't end at Vol 10. The creators just never made another volume. So when you get to vol 10, and paid $10 a volume like I did to get there, you're going to be very disappointed. I gave all my books to a library out of spite.

I know it doesn't end in volume 10.
The artist has been occupied with Ragnarök online for the past... Uh... 6 years?
That's why it's on a hiatus.  

Coal Black Smith

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:35 pm
Jungle Boots
Also... anyone familiar with the Nikopol Trillogy?

been scouring local libraries for that Graph. Novel series...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nikopol_Trilogy

it sounds incredible!
No I am not, but now I want become familiar with it. Sounds completely awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:50 pm
Crust Gambit
Jiggly
Crust Gambit

I'm also currently reading Ragnarök.
Not very punk, but the fact I'm reading it online might make it seem like it.
NOT PAYING FOR YOUR ******** COMIX AUGH UPDAPUNXXX
Srsly tho, would buy the whole s**t (10 volumes) if I had the money.
Been wanting to read (and own) it for sooooo long.

Heh, I had the whole 10 volumes.

But it was disappointing.

The series doesn't end at Vol 10. The creators just never made another volume. So when you get to vol 10, and paid $10 a volume like I did to get there, you're going to be very disappointed. I gave all my books to a library out of spite.

I know it doesn't end in volume 10.
The artist has been occupied with Ragnarök online for the past... Uh... 6 years?
That's why it's on a hiatus.

Yeah, but it's still disappointing. It's been years without anything from the series. I just lost interest. I can barely remember what happened in the comic anyway.  

Jiggly

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 pm
Ivan The Surf-Punk
Jungle Boots
Also... anyone familiar with the Nikopol Trillogy?

been scouring local libraries for that Graph. Novel series...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nikopol_Trilogy

it sounds incredible!
No I am not, but now I want become familiar with it. Sounds completely awesome.
what the wikipedia doesnt tell you is that aliens posing as egyptian gods come down from the sky creating the facist state, enslaving humanity, and using their powers to get rich as ********. Ra or some god...becomes the protagonist's companion and periodically possesses him inorder to cary out his own revenge plot against the other gods and their domination of the world...

and ive seen pictures of it... its ******** beautiful.... guache and watercolor washes on stark black line work... very grimey very ******** awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:25 pm
Soo... Stargate meets V For Vendetta?  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk
Crew

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:28 pm
id say stargate meets v for vendetta meets the mind ******** of clock work orange.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:01 pm
We need to find this, Boots. It's imperative that we do.  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk
Crew

Jungle Boots
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 pm
Y
E
S  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:16 pm
Have any of you guys read the Anarky comics? They're based on the villain from Batman.  

salty roots

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Poppunknerd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:06 pm
my friend showed this comic to me a while back its pretty. kinda goofy at times.

http://lizprincepower.com/comics/the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass  
Talk About s**t

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces