Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
last day Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yay
  freedom
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:31 pm
cool4
Semok
I hate how so many jobs want your facebook or twitter and such. Luckily, I thought ahead of time and have 2 facebook accounts. One is under my real name, which I hardly ever get on, and the other is under my nickname, where I post all of my stuff. That way, if a job requires lookin' at my facebook they won't get much.

they mostly want linkedin, but my linkedin is completely professional.

But it's because they're technology companies so they want to see that you use technology, or social media...ecetera.

Ah, that makes sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:40 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
I hate how so many jobs want your facebook or twitter and such. Luckily, I thought ahead of time and have 2 facebook accounts. One is under my real name, which I hardly ever get on, and the other is under my nickname, where I post all of my stuff. That way, if a job requires lookin' at my facebook they won't get much.

But it's because they're technology companies so they want to see that you use technology, or social media...ecetera.

Ah, that makes sense.

which to them probably means I should switch to a smartphone and actually use social media. But most of it seems stupid to me.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:41 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

Ah, that makes sense.

which to them probably means I should switch to a smartphone and actually use social media. But most of it seems stupid to me.

Most of it seems stupid to me as well. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:05 pm
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

Ah, that makes sense.

Most of it seems stupid to me as well. xd

I check my twitter account just incase something happens. Then I remember I don't actually follow anyone I care about.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm
This is why I don't use facebook like ever.

And I thought Vancouver was a huge city area. I mean, my brother is amazed as to how Vancouver has soo many huge skyscrapers in stuff, he is amazed. Not even our biggest cities nearby which are Albuquerque and El Paso aren't like that. The nearest city like Vancouver that is like that is like at least Dallas or Denver.

We get amazed at skyscrapers since they are rare in our area. The tallest building in our state is 22 floors, of course in Albuquerque, the big city. We consider 500000 people huge. El Paso is at over 640000 but their skyline is crappy, also only like 20 floors. I don't know if it's cuz we are poor and cheap but we are amazed at cities that have better skylines than we do but have lower populations. Must be the desert. Phoenix has 1.6million and their skyline isn't that interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:00 pm
Zombie Girl Ali

And I thought Vancouver was a huge city area. I mean, my brother is amazed as to how Vancouver has soo many huge skyscrapers in stuff, he is amazed. Not even our biggest cities nearby which are Albuquerque and El Paso aren't like that. The nearest city like Vancouver that is like that is like at least Dallas or Denver.

We get amazed at skyscrapers since they are rare in our area. The tallest building in our state is 22 floors, of course in Albuquerque, the big city. We consider 500000 people huge. El Paso is at over 640000 but their skyline is crappy, also only like 20 floors. I don't know if it's cuz we are poor and cheap but we are amazed at cities that have better skylines than we do but have lower populations. Must be the desert. Phoenix has 1.6million and their skyline isn't that interesting.

I'm trying to stay in Victoria. Which is much smaller.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Zombie Girl Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:01 pm
cool4
Zombie Girl Ali

I'm trying to stay in Victoria. Which is much smaller.
It's crazy. My brother all thinks you Canadians sound weird. So yeah....but I know you aren't Canadian, you are originally american. Candee is the one who sounds weird. I miss her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:32 am
congrats on the being done bit. that's pretty awesome. though it sucks everyone wants a social media attachment. but i guess most people expect everyone to have at least something online since that is our era. all i have to show, personally, is a weird a** tumblr and a mostly abandoned facebook.

i've recently changed majors so i should have a year solid of just that major and then i should be done. debating going for something else while i'm at it, but honestly it doesn't seem worth it since i don't even know what i want to go into. a basic degree is probably enough and if it isn't, god damn i'd rather deal with it later than still be in school right now

as for big cities, my current city las cruces recently got it's first escalator. that's how advanced we are. the first escalator. in the entire city. and we are considered a larger city in new mexico. it's in the university's barnes and nobles/bookstore that happens to be a wooping two stories tall. i thought it was a cool fact, but pretty damn sad.  

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:02 am
CaptainTeaTime
congrats on the being done bit. that's pretty awesome. though it sucks everyone wants a social media attachment. but i guess most people expect everyone to have at least something online since that is our era. all i have to show, personally, is a weird a** tumblr and a mostly abandoned facebook.

i've recently changed majors so i should have a year solid of just that major and then i should be done. debating going for something else while i'm at it, but honestly it doesn't seem worth it since i don't even know what i want to go into. a basic degree is probably enough and if it isn't, god damn i'd rather deal with it later than still be in school right now

as for big cities, my current city las cruces recently got it's first escalator. that's how advanced we are. the first escalator. in the entire city. and we are considered a larger city in new mexico. it's in the university's barnes and nobles/bookstore that happens to be a wooping two stories tall. i thought it was a cool fact, but pretty damn sad.

Escalators are so yesterday now it's all about those cart escalators they have here. You stick your shopping cart on them and they take them up and down for you instead of awkwardly trying to do it yourself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:02 pm
cool4
CaptainTeaTime

Escalators are so yesterday now it's all about those cart escalators they have here. You stick your shopping cart on them and they take them up and down for you instead of awkwardly trying to do it yourself.

oh good god will this tirade of technology never end?!

srsly though that's awesome and i'm pretty sure ive never even heard of that, so A+ good job rest of the world for doing s**t while i and my town sit her with our one escalator.  

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out