Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply The Literate Spam Guild
I might have to fly to Japan and murder it.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Don't worry 'bout nothin'
  'Cause nothin' works out
View Results

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:02 pm
All of Japan.
I'll do it if that last chapter of Claymore is legit the end.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:09 pm
oh. i was gonna ask if they stole a concert.  

Fig Ivy

Quotable Conversationalist

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:17 pm
No but according to one of my friends The Protomen will also be with Tenacious D in Detroit.

He had a spare ticket but gave it away before we knew.

I have endless seas of sadness.  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:57 pm
This is how I felt when I learned that the Persona 4 anime doesn't cover the True Ending and stopped at 25 episodes.

Destroy. ********. Everything.  

Zelkiiro

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200

Ythan II
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:06 pm
Fig Ivy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:40 pm
Ythan II
Fig Ivy

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

captain buttcheeks

Lonely Smoker

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm
Felin Greenleaf
No but according to one of my friends The Protomen will also be with Tenacious D in Detroit.

He had a spare ticket but gave it away before we knew.

I have endless seas of sadness.

dude i'm really tryin to see tenacious d too. jb is too delicious to miss. but i think they're playing the same day as best coast. ********!  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 am
Zelkiiro
This is how I felt when I learned that the Persona 4 anime doesn't cover the True Ending and stopped at 25 episodes.

What? Seriously? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

I'm sure they will eventually have it covered, or some such. I just can't imagine they'd purposely stop right there when it's literally the wrong ending.  

Honorary Charlatan

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:23 pm
Honorary Charlatan
Zelkiiro

What? Seriously? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

I'm sure they will eventually have it covered, or some such. I just can't imagine they'd purposely stop right there when it's literally the wrong ending.
There have been anime series that have come to abrupt ends (Twelve Kingdoms and His and Her Circumstances come to mind) because of "differences" between the animation company and the original artist/author. Twelve Kingdoms just ******** ends. Doesn't try to tie up anything. Just ENDS. Annoying as ********. Now I need to read the novel series to find out how it ends.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:11 pm
Well I mean, this anime is based off a game. The source material shows it's directly incorrect. They basically picked the bad ending to show in the anime if they didn't pick the True one. I mean there's a bad ending, a normal one, and a true one, but if you don't get the true one then the others are really both bad too.  

Honorary Charlatan

Low Fat Q-Tips

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:25 pm
Honorary Charlatan
Well I mean, this anime is based off a game. The source material shows it's directly incorrect. They basically picked the bad ending to show in the anime if they didn't pick the True one. I mean there's a bad ending, a normal one, and a true one, but if you don't get the true one then the others are really both bad too.

Kinda reminds me of Star Ocean EX. They ended the show at the halfway point of the game.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:16 pm
Honorary Charlatan
The two I cited are both anime based off of other source material: one a novel, one a manga. Both were cut short because the original authors thought that the anime production company was taking too much artistic license with the series, thus making the series "directly incorrect" from the source material, if I may use your words. Same basic concept. Like I said, this is not a rare occurrence in Japan.  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

Honorary Charlatan

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:07 am
I haven't ever heard of Twelve Kingdoms, but those seem somewhat different. These are not differences of opinion on something, but a display of a plainly incorrect ending. I'm aware of the constant differences between manga and light novels and their respective anime. Those are absolutely inevitable. Sometimes directors will purposely change some points because they just straight up didn't like the source material to begin with. Bokurano comes to mind.

In this case, though, if it's true, it's an adoption of one of two endings that are just plain incorrect rather than artistic differences. If the player does not get the true ending the characters never find out who the actual villain was, and leave one another.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:49 am
On the plus side, P4A has the greatest anime opening theme of all time.  

Zelkiiro

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items