Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:14 pm
AstroZeek
Thread Host, Activity Host: Dice Roll
Cat Sapphire
Thread Host
Charity1stPaw
Aquarium Items, Short Avatar Contest (Dress Like A Pirate Day)
Darth Verum Interius
TBD
Pesty Elf
Activity Host: RNG

I mentioned I would provide a place for everyone to work on threads away from prying eyes. ninja

This guild has temporarily been changed to public just for planning this event. You do not need to join the guild to post or create threads. The guild is a dead guild though, so please do not advertise the guild or invite other users to check it out. Also, please keep activity limited to this subforum. Once the event concludes and all prizes awarded, all threads in this subforum (Aquarium Party Planning) will be moved to the graveyard.

Edit: So... turns out there is actually a way for other users to see the latest posts in all guilds. sweatdrop

Does everyone want to keep things public anyways or join the guild just for the event and make it private?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 pm
Re-quote from the planning thread:
Quote:
Thank you all for expressing an interest in helping out with the Aquarium Party! biggrin

At the moment I intend for activities to start on September 1st and run until the end of September 30th. I won't be sending out weekly updates or anything until late July or early August. If you are designing the post(s) and writing the instructions for your activity, please aim to have the layout finalized by August 22nd at the latest. If you want me to write up the post for your activity, please let me know by August 1st. In the next few days I will send out a guild link. Volunteers have the option of posting and working on their activity thread there so all the party threads in progress are in one place. ninja

Darkerdemons
Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons
Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:14 pm
ninja Might be changing the guild back to private in the next week or so.

Also going to release a survey in the next month or so to get more feedback on what potential participants want to see in the party and want prize-wise.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:35 pm
Darkerdemons

Also going to release a survey in the next month or so to get more feedback on what potential participants want to see in the party and want prize-wise.

Thanks for the invite!  

AstroZeek

Winged Codger

8,150 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Contributor 150

Pesty Elf

Seasonal Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:04 pm
Darkerdemons

Thanks, Dark! I believe I'd vote for private.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:19 pm
Thank you, Dark. I vote for private as well.  

Darth Verum Interius

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:36 pm
Private sounds good to me also.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:35 pm
ninja Guild has been changed to private. Thank you for your posts!  

Darkerdemons
Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

Charity1stPaw

Elfin Giver

23,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 pm
Darkerdemons

Thanks for the invite and the updates, Dark. heart
Do you want to post the game here or do you want me to post it (since I somehow magically still have our pm)? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:46 pm
Charity1stPaw
Darkerdemons

Do you want to post the game here or do you want me to post it (since I somehow magically still have our pm)? eek

You are welcome to post the game. wink  

Darkerdemons
Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

Charity1stPaw

Elfin Giver

23,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:12 pm
Darkerdemons
Charity1stPaw
Darkerdemons

You are welcome to post the game. wink

Okay. Will do. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:20 pm
I can use my desktop today. Woot~ Will try to get a ton of work on the party done since I don't know when I'll have access again. ninja  

Darkerdemons
Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons
Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:58 pm
Artist Recruitment Thread: link  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:13 pm
AstroZeek
Cat Sapphire
Thread Host
Charity1stPaw
Darth Verum Interius
TBD
Pesty Elf
Activity Host: RNG, co-host for Dress Like A Pirate Day

Hi all! Hope you are all well!

I'm not on Gaia as much, paritcularly with the demise of my desktop, but I promise I'll still get this party done!

Wanted to confirm that everyone who expressed an interest in helping out is still committed to the party. Please post your confirmation - even if you've already got a spectacular party activity outlined. A quick reminder, if you haven't already worked on or completed your activity, to aim to complete the activity layout by August 22nd at the latest. Activity names are due by August 14 so I can give the graphics designer ample time.

I will put together a quick survey in the next few days to get input from potential participants on what kind of prizes and games they want to see outside the currently planned activities. BG and BG related Guild crew/caps, please share with your members so I can get as much feedback as possible.

As mentioned, I don't spend as much time on Gaia anymore. I still sign in from time to time and check notifications and PMs though. Plan to be more active this week to get prizes and my activities sorted out. DapperV members can find me there - same username.

Stay well!

-- Dark

Edit: Editting the post so that it's just one post. Since users have different tastes in items, I'm looking for a couple shoppers to help add variety to the prize pool. Anyone intersted - the shopping funds come from party funds? Strongly recommend use of graph comparison before making purchases since there's a lot of crazy prices out there.

Just about to put the survey together I think this is all the information needed? (Aiming to keep it short - surveys aren't really popular in my experience and long surveys even lesss so.)
- List two or three dream prizes
- Select the activities they want to see included (RNG, dice roll, and avatar contest not included on list bc they are already included in the party):
Writing contest
Coloring contest
Art contest
Bump Log
High Scores
Tank scavenger hunt - something has been hidden in the first post of several users' bump threads.
Tank design contest - owning the items will be made optional. If you own a lot of Aquarium decor and background items, I would love for help with making the entries using real items instead of using paint. Let me know if you want want to contribute to this activity!
Aquarium tag - someone bumps another user's glow thread with a specific image, thereby 'tagging' them, that user then 'tags' another user by bumping their thread, and so on.
Aquarium trivia
Aquarium Bingo - score >100 , score < 100 , item drop, etc.

Will make the nominations for recognizing other users part of the party thread - thus an entire month to put names forward.  

Darkerdemons
Vice Captain

Destructive Daredevil

Darth Verum Interius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:18 am
Darkerdemons
AstroZeek
Cat Sapphire
Thread Host
Charity1stPaw
Darth Verum Interius
TBD
Pesty Elf
Activity Host: RNG, co-host for Dress Like A Pirate Day

Hi all! Hope you are all well!

I'm not on Gaia as much, paritcularly with the demise of my desktop, but I promise I'll still get this party done!

Wanted to confirm that everyone who expressed an interest in helping out is still committed to the party. Please post your confirmation - even if you've already got a spectacular party activity outlined. A quick reminder, if you haven't already worked on or completed your activity, to aim to complete the activity layout by August 22nd at the latest. Activity names are due by August 14 so I can give the graphics designer ample time.

I will put together a quick survey in the next few days to get input from potential participants on what kind of prizes and games they want to see outside the currently planned activities. BG and BG related Guild crew/caps, please share with your members so I can get as much feedback as possible.

As mentioned, I don't spend as much time on Gaia anymore. I still sign in from time to time and check notifications and PMs though. Plan to be more active this week to get prizes and my activities sorted out. DapperV members can find me there - same username.

Stay well!

-- Dark

Confirmed. It is in the works and will be completed within a week.  
AQUARIUM PARTY PLANNING

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff