Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chopsticks

Back to Guilds

A guild of art, writing, general discussion---let's go with everything. 

Tags: Literate, Arts, Roleplaying, Fantasy, Chat 

Reply Roleplays (PRPs and ORPs go here!)
A Secret Conspiracy (Thali vs Dea) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:27 am
Rhiyn knew that Dea would be angry with him, should he give her the gift he’d purchased for her face to face. He knew he’d spent a rather large sum on it, perhaps too much. Still, it was beautiful and he looked forward to seeing her wear it. So when he knew Dea was busy scolding her candidate brothers (Ionan had learned a sea shanty that made even his ears want to shrivel), he convinced T’rel to fly him up to her Weyr.

Convincing Monath to keep her mouth shut would be a task on itself. Rhiyn was fond of the green, but had never felt particularly close to her. What if she decided to spoil the surprise? “Monath! I’m coming in,” he announced. “I have a surprise for Dea. I’m going to hide it and you’re not going to tell her who left it.”

He entered the weyr, placing the box on Dea’s bedside table. Maybe not the best hiding spot, but it ensured that she would see it. Inside was a pendant in the shape of a dragon. He wasn’t sure whether it was actual emerald or dyed glass, but he knew it would look pretty on her neck.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 am
Monath lifted her head when she saw the familiar shape of one of the other greens her Demanthra's family rode. When she landed on the ledge, she saw Rhiyn sliding off, who had something in his hands. Surely, the other knew Demanthra was not here. It would have been hard to miss Demanthra scolding her brothers...again. That is when the young man addressed her and explained that he had a surprise for her rider. And supposedly, she was not supposed to tell said rider about the gift.

Wouldn't you rather Mine knew you had gotten her a surprise? After all, it is a nice gesture,the other pointed out.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:22 pm
“No, that would spoil the surprise!” Rhiyn protested. “If she knows about the surprise, she’ll know to look for it. And worse, she’ll know I got it for her. Shards, if she finds out how many marks I spent on that necklace...” he didn’t want to think about the telling off that would follow that conversation. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “I think she’ll be mad,” he admitted.

“Do you want to see it?” He asked, then. He opened the box and showed Monath the pendant. “Er. It’s supposed to be you, but I’m not sure the crafter got the right shade. Do you think she’ll like it?”  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:45 am
Monath wanted to point out that someone else her rider knew could be credited with a gift he got her. However, maybe he would be smart enough to tell her before she could jump to conclusions. The green just knew secrets between the two had been trouble before and almost led to them not getting together. Thankfully, her flight might have been a good nudge in the direction they needed to go in. As he showed her the necklace, she looked at it as carefully as she dared to.

She may yell a little about the cost, but better for her to know it is you. And I think she will like it, definitely looks pretty to me. And if I think it is pretty, so will she,the dragon replied.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:20 pm
Rhiyn paused. Maybe not telling Dea who gave her the present was the wrong idea. He’d hate tp have her think some other rider was showing an interest, or worse, that it was a gift from her father. He’d hate to have her think the effort he’d put into finding a suitably romantic gift was simply a gift from her parents.

“Okay, what do you suggest?” He asked, closing the box.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:24 am
I may have an idea, if you might want to try it. When she comes back from dealing with her brothers, you could be hiding. Then when she sees the gift, she will know I probably know who left it. I won't tell her, but let her try and guess who it is from. I will make sure to let her know when she guessed wrong. When you are ready, then you can surprise her by coming out. Maybe when her back is turned, so you can wrap your arms around her,Monath suggested. The green loved a good cause, she couldn't help herself.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:07 pm
Rhiyn paused in thought as Monath detailed her idea on how to surprise Dea. It wasn’t a bad idea, he had to admit. It was kind of like a game. He wanted to make Dea happy.

“Will you back me up if she’s too angry?” He asked, hopefully. He didn’t want to face Dea’s wrath alone. He’d never been on the receiving end of it but he knew it existed. “I hope she loves it.”  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:21 pm
I doubt she will be that angry, it is a lovely gift. She might worry how much you paid, but that is because she doesn't want to take money you might need. However, I will help calm her, if I need to. Though, you do realize that is usually her needing to calm me, right? Anyway, she will love it, you are worrying yourself over nothing,Monath pointed out.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 pm
Maybe Monath was right, but Rhiyn couldn’t stop the worry. He took a breath and nodded. “Thanks,” he said. “Will you tell me when she’s on her way up?” He asked. Then he could hide and hear Dea’s guesses.

“You really think she’ll love it?” He asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:11 pm
I will let you know, though she isn't yet. And considering I am the one more critical of things, yes, I am sure she will. I mean, I think it is pretty, she will think it is a beautiful gift. Why must you make yourself worry so much about this? You haven't even seen her reaction yet and you are already painting yourself into a corner,Monath replied.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:45 pm
“I’m not trying to worry,” Rhiyn protested. “I just do. I can’t help it.” And what if Monath was wrong and Dea hated it? No, he knew Dea better than that. She wouldn’t hate it. “I just... all of this still feels new. Like I could ruin it if I say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing. I don’t want her angry with me. I don’t want to make her cry.” He sat near the dragon, guessing that Dea might take a while scolding her brothers.

“I was too scared to tell her how I felt for so many turns, now I can’t stop telling her.”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:10 am
Well, you have been together for a turn, but I suppose that can still be seen as relatively new. Just trust yourself, you did the hard part at admitting that you like her. You won't ruin it, if anything a gift that took into consideration her dragon, will be loved by her. She likes thoughtful presents, you know that,Monath reminded. She knew her rider would love it, she couldn't see her getting angry by this. Maybe a little miffed at the price, but not on the sentiment of it.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:47 am
"I know," Rhiyn agreed. Thoughtful gifts could be difficult but he knew how to make Dea smile. A flower, a hot mug of klah on a chilly morning, behaving when he didn't feel like doing so. Those were all little things, though. He'd wanted to do something big. Something that showed her how her how he felt more than words would.

"Is she coming?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:42 pm
You know, but yet you still doubt yourself. And just remember, she likes a lot of little things. As for coming, not quite yet, still has a few more words for her brothers. One of these days, they will learn not to give her so much trouble,Monath replied. She mentally shook her head as she listened to her rider's lecture to her brothers.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:39 pm
"I can't help it," Rhiyn protested.

"They must have really upset her," he said. "T'rin taught Ionan some awful song. It made me cringe." He tsked. He remembered what it was like to be Ionan's age because it hadn't been so long ago. "I don't think I acted out as much as he did."  
Roleplays (PRPs and ORPs go here!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff