Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:42 pm
The library is a large multi level room located at one end of the castle, near Shivanous’s study. A small bookshelf is near the door, with a wooden golem for re-shelving stationed next to it. On the outer wall is a large fireplace, with a few reading tables scattered about. There are tracks in the dust, left by Shivanous and the golem as they look for and put away books.

Newer books are located near the door, with older, more arcane texts pushed toward the back. A few bookshelves and scroll racks are chained and locked, with a few covered in paper seals and chalked wards. Every once in awhile, a rattle of chains or a deep, blood curdling moan echoes down the halls from within the doors. . .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:55 pm
Shivanous opens the door to the library, Rincewind barrels on through in it's overly-excited way and runs around in random circles for a few moments before coming to a sudden halt, as if it doesn't have a clue what to do now. Shivanous allows Hooseki to go ahead of him before stepping inside himself.  

The Nightblade Brothers
Vice Captain

Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:19 pm
Hooseki walks into the room and is amazed at the sheer amount of books within the room. "This is amazing," she says softly, slowly turning in a circle to take in the room. "How did you come across all these?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:32 pm
Shivanous shrugs a little "Some were here already. Some I brought with me...Most I brought with me...Most I brought with me. I bought a...considerable number of the more modern ones. It's not all science and magic, there's plenty of recreational reading in here too." he gestures to the bookshelf and the Golem next to it "When you're done with a book, put it on that shelf, the Golem will put it back where it should be." he says.  

The Nightblade Brothers
Vice Captain

Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:44 pm
Hooseki glances at the golem and nods. "Books go on the shelf," she says to herself. "Is there any sort of. . . organization. . . in here? You know, so I don't spend the rest of my lifetime just trying to learn my way around."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 pm
Shivanous nods "There is. Labels on the ends of the shelves indicate what is stored on them." He looks around "There was at one point a directory...But I got distracted and put it on the return shelf when I was returning some of my books." He looks to the Golem "I don't suppose there's any point asking where you put it?" After a few seconds, the Golem turns and looks at him, though it doesn't seem to actually be paying any attention as it just looks around aimlessly. "They don't make great conversationalists..." He shrugs a bit "Generally, if you're looking for magic, it's along the left wall from the door when you walk in, science is in the middle, and recreational reading is on the right."  

The Nightblade Brothers
Vice Captain

Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:22 pm
"Magic, left. Science, middle. Recreational, right." Hooseki repeats. "Maybe. . . maybe I could remake a directory," she offers, cheeks tinging pink. "You know, as a thank you for helping me."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 pm
Shivanous nods "Well, I wouldn't ask you to do that, the collection is a little..." he gestures around "Excessive for writing one from scratch. Might actually be easier to find the original" he chuckles, then tilts his head, looking over the books He pulls a notepad out of one of his pockets and scribbles something down, flips the notepad closed and puts it back in his pocket "Might be a way to catalog it all automatically, I'll need to look into that...At some point."  

The Nightblade Brothers
Vice Captain

Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:32 am
"It would give me something to do." Hooseki shrugs. "I can't just sit around, doing nothing while you try to find a way to get me home." She peers at one of the small tables scattered around the room and runs a finger through the inch-thick layer of dust. "I also volunteer to try cleaning up in here. This can't be good for the books."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:54 pm
Shivanous shrugs "Fair enough I suppose. Still, I would suggest that searching for the original might still be better than making a new one." He then chuckles a bit "Yeah, I haven't figured out how to make a dusting Golem yet...I tried wrapping one in carpet in the hopes that the static charge might be enough to attract dust...But it just looked stupid and only it's feet cleaned. It was quite a disappointment. In the end, I stuck some bunny ears on it and gave it to a child in the city."  

The Nightblade Brothers
Vice Captain

Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:59 pm
"I can keep an eye out for the original as I go," Hooseki says. "If it doesn't show back up, I'll have done something good while looking for it." She giggles, picturing how the golem must have looked. "I'm sure it was. And that child must have been thrilled."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:21 pm
Shivanous nods "Fair enough, at the very least, if you do find it, I'll know if anything's gone missing. Not counting the books in my study." He chuckles again "Oh she did, as far as I know she still has it. Thing should still be kicking too" He hmmms "I should check in on them sometime." He says as if he's only just realizing now how much time has past since he'd given the child the animated bunny Golem doll thing.  

The Nightblade Brothers
Vice Captain

Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:50 pm
"Has anything gone missing before?" Hooseki asked, curious. "I imagine you don't have many visitors." After a moment, she pauses, tilting her head to one side. "How far away is the city? Is it big? I've never been to anything larger than a village before."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:13 pm
"Well...There was that one time I had to chase a book through one of my old places because it decided it was a bird and started flapping around...Otherwise, it's somewhat hard to tell without the directory." Shivanous looks somewhat sad for a moment when Hoos mentions visitors "No...Not many..." As far as he can remember, aside form the Golems, he can't actually remember there being anyone inside the castle proper in the last ten years, after the restoration work had been done, even he had needed help putting the place back into shape. The look of sadness passes quickly "Well, if you go to the north side of the castle, you can see it from the windows." He says "It's not the largest city I've seen, but I would say that it's fairly large."  

The Nightblade Brothers
Vice Captain

Hooseki
Captain

Sparkly Cat

7,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 pm
"A book," Hooseki repeats, blinking," that thought it was a bird? I can see why some of these things are practically nailed down, now."

Hooseki notices the flicker of sadness that crossed Shivanous's face, biting her cheek to keep from saying anything that he might take as being over-familiar. "I hope having someone new here won't be too much of a bother," she says softly. A small smile crosses her lips as she looks up at him. "I'm looking forward to seeing it. Especially if there are magic shops. There was one in the village near my home, but it was very small and didn't last long. The owner moved away to a larger town."

The Castle

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff