Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blood and Glory

Back to Guilds

Open role play guild for various settings. PM me to make use of one. 

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern, Dungeons and Dragons, Star Wars, Hellsing, Vampire Masquerade 

Reply Sea of Monsters
Sea of Monsters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir_Catherine
Captain

Paladin Knight

32,090 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:24 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Bjorn-----------Ulf-----------Arne
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Bauti---------Bor---------Sigard ---------Gullvieg

Bjorn observed his crew moving quickly but surely over the dock and the boat to stow what tools and food stuffs would fit. Plenty of room left in which to bring back a horde of treasure. The sky was clear and a brisk wind was blowing out to sea, inviting one and all to test their fate.

He scanned the harbor yard for their final, special, crew members. This would be a voyage to craft tales of!


Our Ship


Character Leveling

Bauti:0/20
Bor: 3/20
Gullvieg: 0/20
Sigard: 3/20

Bjorn: 7/50
Ulf: 13/30
Arne: 11/20

Character Health
Bauti: 9/11
Bor: 12/14
Gullvieg: 11/11
Sigard: 13/13

Bjorn: 33/49
Ulf: 11/22
Arne: 8/13
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:58 am
Already on board, Sigard coughs lightly as the salt air hits lungs. "Where are we again?" He mutters to himself.

Gullvieg appears on the dock, bearing an armload of various foul smelling ingredients procured from the market.  

Xkhaine


Angel_Of_Hellfire
Vice Captain

Feline Shapeshifter

15,325 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 pm
Bor walks onto the main dock, checking his oilskin duffel again. The innkeeper said there'd be a crew looking for more men on this dock, hopefully they'd take a greenhorn under their wing... He tugs his father's cloak tight around him and strides confidently over to them
"Hello sers. Still need assistance?"


meanwhile, on the outskirts of town...


Bauti snuck closer to town. Lots of people had been coming to and from town recently, talking about a new boat and crew. New adventures. This could be the chance he was waiting for, the chance he needed. Now at the gates to the sea-town, he drops into a dense clump of bushes for a moment. Grasps his rune-necklace. Mutters a prayer. Waits for a break in the action. Then confidently blends into the marketplace. On to the port. To the docks. That must be them over there.
This'll never work. You're a Lokion. No one wants you.
Starts to look at the dockside wares to detract attention from himself. Talk with the merchants, glance sidelong at the new crew gathering.
Interesting bunch...
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:24 pm
Warm, clear day. Brisk, variable wind mostly out to sea.


Bjorn looked the scruffy young man up and down, peering closely at his eyes as well as clothes.
"We're still taking on crew, yes. What skills do you offer?"


Arne meanwhile was staring at the market, trying not to look to close at the young woman and her interesting cargo. He catches sight of Bauti and tracks the Lokion as he comes closer to the ship's dock slip. Without interrupting his brother's conversation, he grabs something to carry down the gangplank to the dock.  

Sir_Catherine
Captain

Paladin Knight

32,090 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Xkhaine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:29 pm
Looking at Bor, Sigard mutters to no one in particular "Looks soft. Best watch him or I'll need a boat for the boy."

Meanwhile, Gullvieg brushes past Bauti on her way to the gangplank, unintentionally causing the stench of her bundle to waft into his face.

Gullvieg elbows her way past Arne with an annoyed look on her face, as he is blocking the gangplank. "Sirah, pray move yourself least you wish to wear by burden." The stench is overwhelming.
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:08 pm
Bor narrows his eyes slightly at Sigard, not hearing exactly what was said, but hearing its tone. His face reverts to it's normal relatively cheerful expression to speak to Bjorn;
"My father, Kåre "The Messenger" Jarlskald was Jarl Bernhard "Red Cloak" Berserkjabani's court skald. He taught me the arts of poetry from a young age. I hope to join your crew to gain worldly experience and one day find my way back to the hold and into the Jarl's court."
Bor takes out his pipes and plays a lively tune~


Bauti starts as Gullvieg brushes past him
What manner of stench is that... Garlic... Mint...Rose... Berries... Fishy stench? Cinnamon? Is she an alchemist?
His gaze follows her, even he does for a few steps, then he comes back to his senses and sits on a barrel.
 

Angel_Of_Hellfire
Vice Captain

Feline Shapeshifter

15,325 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sir_Catherine
Captain

Paladin Knight

32,090 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm
"Bernhard hosts a warm and welcoming hall. You would do well to earn a place within it." Listens to the tune a while. "Such would do good for our spirits at sea. Can you handle a weapon, too?"

Blushing at the woman's words, Arne hurries his pace down the gangplank.

Arne carries his load down the dock until he's nearly past Bauti.
"You're eyeing our ship. Looking for passage or to crew aboard her?"
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:24 pm
Sigard yells to her "Sister, is the noisy one coming with us? I fear for him."

Gullvieg shakes her head in exasperation "Hush brother! The last thing we need is a duel to foul our new place in the world!"  

Xkhaine


Sir_Catherine
Captain

Paladin Knight

32,090 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:28 pm
Bjorn looks to his side at mention of a duel. "Listen to your sister, warrior. Any who start a fight before we leave port will be cooled off in the harbor. Fights started at sea will end with me."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 pm
Bor looks either put out or slightly annoyed at Sigurd's slight, but his expression relaxes again to speak to Bjorn
Well I suppose I am the noisy one, also I am the new crewmember so it's to be expected...
Bor packs away his pipes again and responds; "Yes, his hall is indeed splendid, I recall it fondly from visiting my father there. I'm glad you like my music. I'm not the strongest of my father's sons, but I can keep my siblings on their toes. My favored weapon is the spear, I am also fair with the seax, dagger and shield as well."

***

Bauti started a moment when the crewman spoke to him, unaware any of their number knew he was watching them. But perhaps in his elation of a chance at sea he had been too hasty and brash. He had been found out before he had a chance to blend in as a normal person, surly if they had seen him like this they had also noticed him for a Lokion. Ah well such is life. Best to own it now. "Ah, yes kind ser. I would like to crew aboard your ship. You will find I am good at many odd jobs." Bauti glanced over Arne's shoulder at Gullvieg; my, how she sparkled. He smiled at her goofily and waved.
 

Angel_Of_Hellfire
Vice Captain

Feline Shapeshifter

15,325 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Xkhaine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:56 pm
Seeming not to hear Bjorn's pronouncement, or perhaps hearing and mis-remembering already, Sigard quizzically at the sea. "Aye sister. We need a home, for as it lasts. This is good." He calls to Bor - maybe as he is still looking at the sea. "Sorry boy, sorry. I grow too cautious maybe." Muttering to himself "Burying a hold will do that I guess.:

Gullvieg walks up to Sigard, and says quietly. "There was no burial to be little brother, your memory is slipping again." Noticing Bauti's wave, she adds "Perhaps its the stripling you should watch, I may take him to husband." Her laughter covers the deck, melodic and somehow pernicious at the same time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Bjorn waves at the heavy odors wafting over the gangplank and ship, then jerks his head towards the bustling activity. "Stow yer stuff then and be useful. Ulf," Bjorn points out a muscled warrior firmly planted mid ship overseeing storage, "can tell you where and how."

He eyed Sigurd and Gullvieg with a mixture of controlled anxiety and suspicion. The boy was strong and the girl promised aid of the gods, but would it be worth it?


"My brother is willing to take on an odd crew, even one of your kind. Pay will be a share of what we gather, the labor will be unending and our fate in the hands of the sea. Come, bring yourself forward, we sail within the hour." At the sound of laughter Arne too stares with dazed eyes at the enigmatic source.  

Sir_Catherine
Captain

Paladin Knight

32,090 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Angel_Of_Hellfire
Vice Captain

Feline Shapeshifter

15,325 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:45 pm
Bor steps from gangplank to ship and wavers a moment, this being his first time on a real ship but gains his footing quickly enough.
He glances at Sigurd and considers his features, there seems to be something familiar about his condition, perhaps something happened once upon a time that caused this and he should remember... No matter. Bor shrugs and packs his gear, keeping only the essentials with him,
"Burying a hold? I am... sorry. I am rather partial to Jarl Bernhard 'Red Cloak's' hold, I cannot imagine if it were ever lost."

Bauti blinks excitedly. Really? They're going to let me on that easily? Fools! I mean, Great! He steps gingerly from gangplank to ship and packs his meager supplies away, keeping the essentials on his person. He walks by Gullvieg and motions at the seat nearest her;
"May I sit?"
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 pm
SIguard snaps his head toward Bor as the younger finishes his words, a wild, haunted look in his eyes. "Pray it never is boy. Pray the sickness is done with and the dead sated. Pray it ends there." His voice is a whisper only Bor and perhaps Bjorn can hear.

Gullvieg stows her stinky prizes below deck and regards Bauti a moment. "Sit where you will youngling." Upon noting her brother's sudden silence, she turned her attention. "Have a care little brother, don't go filling our new friends' heads with old wives' tales.", she said as a jest.  

Xkhaine


Angel_Of_Hellfire
Vice Captain

Feline Shapeshifter

15,325 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:52 pm
Bor freezes as Sigurd snaps toward him and his eyes widen as he whispers the last.
Ok... creepy. This man has clearly been through serious trauma.
"The dead deserve their rest, wherever they're bound. I truly am sorry."

Bauti sits next to Gullvieg, not uncomfortably close, but gentlemanly close (or at least as close as his wolf-wild brain guesses is so), and holds out his hand in greeting;
"My name is Bauti Ulfsen. Who might I have the honor of meeting?"
He smiles at Gullvieg while tilting his head sideways which makes his hair leaf into his eyes; he's trying to be genteel, but he's probably just ending up looking like a young wolf pup.
 
Reply
Sea of Monsters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Play with GCash
Play with Platinum

Customize your own avatar now!

Have an account? Login Now!