Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Reminiscing the past (Ciro/Ngaule)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:29 pm
Time seemed to stand still since his awakening. In a cave, it was only he and the offwhite raven perched on a skull that was present. He had yet to get a word out of the ever staring avian, but the deity didn’t know what he would say. What would he ask? Where was he? Who was he? Regardless of not being able to remember anything leading up to his current state, the god knew something was…off.

“Care to explain?” He remembered asking the raven, who stared with a beady eye and let out a caw.

“Guess that is a no…” The divine sighed, glancing down at the fire charm around his neck, and a lone purple feather. “Hmm.” His head tilted. A sense of…familiarity with it. What was it though?

Ah. The male shrugged.

---

That was almost a month ago. Ever since the awakening, the god had come across not only his domain (“The bird finally speaks”) but his name. Or…what was his name.

“Asim’a was the name of your predecessor.” The avian, now known as Anselm, had said.

“Pretty sure Ciro fits better.” The statement caused the bird to roll his eyes.

“Asim’a-ciro, then.” Anselm would make sure if he were to ever cross paths with the original Raids divine, to give him an ear full.

Bits of his past flashed, but it was strange. Like driving through a heavy fog, where you could only see a few feet before you. Ciro was sure in locations he had traveled, he’d been there. Some he had met? Also that familiarity. Anselm was tightlipped, but Ciro was hopeful in learning what he knew but didn’t.

Ah, all in due time. The winged male roamed the empty savannah, golden eyes alert for any nearby creatures or other potential looting. All he wore was the necklace with the feather and flame charms. He felt like he needed more.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Soft paws moved silently through the grass. Though she moved in silence there was a weight to her steps, a sadness carried in her shoulders. For all the powers of being a god, despite her domain, the goddess of survival could not heal the dying, she could not mend what was broken, she had been too late to save him.

The goddess shook her head, pausing in her steps, head lowered to watch something moving in the grass near her paws. A soft smile crossed her maw as she nudged the small creature, a rather ruffled looking bird that must have been caught unaware in a gust of wind.

"Come on, little one, you must get up before someone less friendly finds you here."

She lowered her head to nose at the creature's wing, seeing that it was bruised, but not broken. A quiet sigh, a warmth flowed from the goddess into the small bird, awakening the will and strength she knew it still held.

"That's right, you can do it."

Feeling it's will restore, the bird spread it's wings, pausing a moment to stare at the goddess, perhaps speaking a silent thanks before quickly fluttering away from what may or may not have been a predator.

There was a warmth in the goddess' smile, there were still lives that she could save.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:30 am
Amon Larethian

There was a shuffle to the right, a small bird rising from the ground to take flight. His golden eyes watched the avian until it was out of sight, before he shifted the orbs in the direction the bird had come from. A small sigh as the male continued in his direction. The raven whom had been with him from the start had taken flight, following the winged male from the sky.

His eyes spotted a form in the distance, alerting the god that they were no longer alone.

Ciro's ears flickered towards Anselm, before his pace picked up to a trot. Wings seemed like such a funny thing, they made you wobble as you ran. At least, they made Ciro do that. He hadn't quite mastered the balancing act, and the scarred male wasn't ready to take flight as urged by the raven above.

He slowed when he spotted the other. Another winged creature, just like him.

The most catching part for him though was her coloration. The familiarity of it. His gaze shifted to his neck, to the feather that almost seemed to radiate heat. It was similar if not the same. A paw clutched the base of his necklace.

Who was this?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:41 pm
A dark ear flicked, the sound of movement nearby catching her attention. The goddess turned, a flick of her tail, eyes narrowed as she focused on the approaching form. There was something about him that seemed familiar, the pelt, the mane, he looked very much like--but it couldn't be, he was...

Ngaule took a step forward, he head titled curiously, her gaze drifting over the god's features from the dark gray fur to the lighter mane, the familiar white streak and the golden eyes. Finally her eyes fell on the charm around his neck, the unmistakable flame and...the feather, she knew that feather.

"Ciro?"

Her voice was soft, uncertain. Was it really him? Could her friend have really returned?

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:15 pm
Amon Larethian

"Ciro?" His ears perked at this. She knew him? But...how?

"I always thought that name was rather fitting for me, even though that one," he bobbed his head towards the raven above, "thought else wise." Ciro tilted his head as he glanced her over. "You seem to know me somehow...yet I don't seem to know you. Or, do I?" The dark god asked. "I feel as if I would remember a pretty face." Ah, typical Ciro with his words. He may have been different in his appearance, and his memories may be currently lacking, but his old personality was always there. It would be hard for Ngaule to think otherwise.

Ciro felt his shoulders shrug forward, as he closed the small gap between the goddess. His paw reached for the feather on his neck, comparing it to hers. "A perfect match." He all but whispered, before his gold eyes stared into her own green.

"You gave me this?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:13 am
The goddess gave him a curious look, uncertainty still in her gaze. Was it truly him? She had seen him die, had held his lifeless form, tears in her eyes as she knew she could not save him. Was it...was it truly possible he had returned, that he had been reborn as a god?

"You don't remember me?"

She dared a step forward, green eyes looking into his, as if searching for the friend she knew. And there he was, the flirt she had known so well. She may have rolled her eyes at him, despite the smile that spread across her maw through the tears in the corner of her eyes. It was him, different, but still the same Ciro.

And for a moment, Ngaule forgot herself, wrapping her forepaws around her once fallen friend in an embrace. It really was him, he had come back, and maybe for the first time, she realized just how much he had meant to her.

"I did, yes, before you.."

Her voice trailed off, pulling back from the embrace to wipe her eyes with the back of her paw. She could not bring herself to finish the statement.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:25 am
Amon Larethian

... "Umm..." Ciro would be lying if he had answered of course, so he remained quiet. It was obvious by his looked that he answered her question. And when he felt her paws wrap around him, he froze. His eyes widened as he stared up towards Anselm, who had perched himself on a tree before them.

"Hmm," he hummed, but reciprocated the action back towards her.

"Before I...?"

"Died." Anselm answered for the goddess, watching the two from his branch.

Ciro blinked, releasing the embrace from Ngaule as he stared towards Anselm. Died? ...So that explained it. "That's why I can't remember anything, isn't it?" The male asked towards the raven, before glancing at Ngaule. "What is your name?" He asked the goddess. He would need start figuring out who he was before. Maybe this goddess could help?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:00 pm
The goddess nodded, grateful to the bird for stating what she could not. Though time had passed, she could not forget that day, the memory still as clear as if it had only happened the day before.

"I'm Ngaule, we were friends. I gave you that, so you could call me whenever you needed me."

She indicated the feather as she spoke. She remembered he had not believed her the day she gave him the charm, though it had not taken him long to learn the summon worked. Looking back, she may have almost regretted the gift, it seemed he more often summoned her only to flit. But she supposed that had been part of his charm, and why she found herself caring for him, despite the trouble he so often seemed to get into.

There was sadness in her eyes, memories that now seemed bittersweet.

"Do you remember anything? What about Judeau?"

The poor little god of penance was certainly devastated by the loss of his closest friend. She only hoped he would not withdraw again. Wait, did Ciro remember his friend was a god?

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:35 pm
Amon Larethian

Ngaule…He would remember that, but he felt a sense of uneasiness hit him. How could it be he couldn’t remember her, yet she could remember him? Did the dead always come back to life? Was she once like him? He made a small hum as he thought to himself.

“We were friends?” He asked. “…Can we still be friends?” With the exception to Anselm, the god of raids had yet to make any. Granted, he kept to himself mostly in the dark cave until recent. His gaze dropped to the feather as she described how it work.

“I wonder if it still works.” He murmured. “We must have been good friends to be able to call you whenever.” Did that flame charm do something too he didn’t know of just yet? It didn’t radiate the same heat as the feather charm.

“…Judeau?” His head tilted at the name. A frown on his maw answered her question silently.

He felt himself shrugging, glancing towards Anselm. “I think someone has a lot of explaining to do for me,” he sighed, golden eyes flickering back towards the goddess. “Who is Judeau?”  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:19 pm
A soft smile, Ngaule nodded.

"Of course, I will always be your friend, no matter what happens. It is a rare friendship that moves through more than one lifetime, it is a friendship I will cherish."

She looked toward the feather, her head tilted curiously. He had had the feather with him when he fell, but how had it stayed with him into this lifetime? She could not remember ever meeting a mortal reborn as a deity, she may have known even less about such things than Ciro did.

"I am not sure. If the feather stayed with you, I don't see why it wouldn't."

A glance at the raven above, who was most definitely not Judeau.

"He was a good friend, a scruffy gray raven that almost never left your side."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:45 pm
Amon Larethian

"Ahahaha!" Ciro chuckled. "I will take that. But...I feel we were more than friends. I mean...does magical artifacts always travel with someone who no longer is a mortal if they weren't something more?" The male hummed a bit, eyeing the female. It was the little bit of his old personality starting to shine through, even though his mind was whirling at a mile of minute.

As she described Judeau, Ciro shook his head. "Only raven I know is him," He pointed to Anselm with a small shrug. (Anselm in turn, returned the undignified caw). "But I believe you if you say he was a good friend. How do I find him?" Ciro questioned. He had no other charms. He only wore a flame, and a feather. Soon, he'd have to gather other equipment to make him feel more like himself.

He had to follow his domain too after all. What better way to get gear, than to raid for it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:17 pm
Ngaule shot a look at Ciro, one she had given him often in his past life, it seemed death had not made him any less of a flirt. Well, she supposed she was used to it by now, and maybe...maybe she did not mind so much anymore.

"I will leave that to you to figure out."

There was a coy look in her eyes, a flick of her tail, was she....flirting back? OMG, Ciro you are a horrible influence.

"I am not sure where he is hiding, I have not seen him since...that day. He may have gone back to the storm lands."

The poor little god of penance. He had already suffered much in the mortal realm. She had known Ciro would be good for him, that they would be good for each other. With his best friend gone, he must have been feeling very alone and lost. They would have to find him soon.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 am
Amon Larethian

Oh, cheeky wasn't she?

Ciro felt himself smirking slyly at her answer. "I intend to." He purred out, bumping her shoulder before chuckling to himself. He bobbed his head towards Anselm, who had taken flight once more. Their journey needed to continue.

Storm lands? Hmm. The name did not ring a bell, but there was a slight pull at the mention. How interesting.

"Would you like to join us?" Ciro asked Ngaule. "Maybe you can help me figure out my past. And maybe we can find this...Judeau?" There had to be keys to the past he needed to find to figure himself out. Ngaule was one piece he knew. The feather radiating against his chest was proving that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm
If there had been any small doubt that the dark god was the Ciro she had known in his past life, that doubt was most certainly gone now. New life, new look, same Ciro. A small huff of laughter, the goddess shook her head, once a flirt always a flirt.

Well, maybe she did not mind so much anymore...

Her gaze drifted toward the raven, then bacak at Ciro. It was odd to her, to see another raven with the dark lion when she was so used to see Judeau at his side. Finally she nodded with a smile

"I will journey with you for a while. Maybe we can make some new memories while we search for those you lost."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:20 pm
Amon Larethian

The god made a small, happy noise as Ngaule agreed to join him. "Excellent!" He purred, a wing extending as if to say 'Ladies first'. Maybe the 'while' would be longer than what the word could normally entail. "I would like to do both." Ciro agreed, following after the purple goddess, ready to begin his new journey with his new (and apparently old) friend. Finding old memories, making new, finding something in between? Ciro was ready for it all. Right now though, this scruffy raven would be the next adventure and key to find. Hopefully Ngaule would have some insight on where to go to find him.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games