Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Of Fish and Bones in Alola Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:22 pm
Ryan steps foot in Heahea City for the first time in ages. Last time he had been very young and didn't really get to see much. Undine was taking in all the sights from her trainer's arms. Ryan always carried her when they were in the cities. He would never forgive himself if they got separated. She was his physical connection to Alola, what started his return to his native home. Her and Orth were those special keys to his life.

But today was not about being solemn and brooding. Ryan had gotten a message from Kahuna Hala that there was a special festival going on here on Akala Island and was told that it was not something that someone like him should miss. Ryan took that last bit that Hala had understood his role as a Channeler of Water. Hala was always perceptive like that.

Ryan would slowly wander Heahea City, hopefully finding a clue as to this Festival.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm
Ryan would eventually find the festival its self, various police barricades and food stands lining the pathway to take him to the center of the festival located in front of the Tide Song Hotel. There were numerous booths set up here to sell food, apparel, and offer games to play, all with a fish theme. It was Akala Island's yearly fisherman's festival, a festival to not only celebrate the role of the fisherman but to also pay tribute to the fish themselves, to show thanks for the livelihoods they have provided for the people of Akala Island and Alola in general. As Ryan knew fishing plays a huge role in every day life on the islands.  

SubonicXP
Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:46 pm
A Fisherman's Festival? Ryan did appreciate the theme. He had known many in his travels with his parents. And the honoring of fish did catch his attention. He would have gone and gotten Theia, but she was no longer a Feebas. And he considered her current form more sea serpent than fish.

But he DID have a fish on him. He pets Undine before recalling her. He then calls out Levi, his Magikarp, and holds him in his arms. While he paid for Levi, whoever had caught him had made a huge mistake in letting him be sold so easily. Levi was actually rather strong for a Magikarp and could jump impressively high. His Splash was actually a touch threatening.

Ryan would continue wandering the festival, stopping at every booth to see what was being offered. Levi would wiggle from time to time but otherwise was well behaved.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm
Ryan would eventually stumble upon a stage with one giant swallow tank of water set up, several Magikarp flopping around in it with their apparent trainers standing by. A table was set up in front of the stage with people lined up, each holding a Magikarp. By reading the posted signs Ryan would discover that a Magikarp based contest was going on. The contest was to see whose Magikarp could jump the highest, with a prove going to the Magikarp with the largest height. It was surprising to see just how many people this contest was attracting. Who knew Magikarp jumping was such a big sport these days.  

SubonicXP
Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:44 pm
SubonicXP
Ryan would eventually stumble upon a stage with one giant swallow tank of water set up, several Magikarp flopping around in it with their apparent trainers standing by. A table was set up in front of the stage with people lined up, each holding a Magikarp. By reading the posted signs Ryan would discover that a Magikarp based contest was going on. The contest was to see whose Magikarp could jump the highest, with a prove going to the Magikarp with the largest height. It was surprising to see just how many people this contest was attracting. Who knew Magikarp jumping was such a big sport these days.

Ryan watched this for a few jumps, then looked down at Levi. "Wanna show them how real Karp jump?" the trainer asks his fish. Levi wiggles in Ryan's arms furiously. He was ready to go! Now, how did he sign up for this contest?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 pm
RCCaughtem

Ryan watched this for a few jumps, then looked down at Levi. "Wanna show them how real Karp jump?" the trainer asks his fish. Levi wiggles in Ryan's arms furiously. He was ready to go! Now, how did he sign up for this contest?

Ryan would find a table set up for sign ups, two burly sea beaten men sitting behind the table, both in a surprisingly cheerful mood as they helped people get registered. Each time someone approached they insisted upon seeing their Magikarp so they could 'ooo' and 'aaa' over it.  

SubonicXP
Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:51 pm
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

Ryan would find a table set up for sign ups, two burly sea beaten men sitting behind the table, both in a surprisingly cheerful mood as they helped people get registered. Each time someone approached they insisted upon seeing their Magikarp so they could 'ooo' and 'aaa' over it.

Ryan makes his way over to the table. "Alola! I would like to sign my Levi here up to jump, yeah? I think he can easily out jump any of these other Karps so far." Ryan says as Levi keeps wiggling in his arms, raring to go. Talk about a fired up Karp!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:39 pm
RCCaughtem

Ryan makes his way over to the table. "Alola! I would like to sign my Levi here up to jump, yeah? I think he can easily out jump any of these other Karps so far." Ryan says as Levi keeps wiggling in his arms, raring to go. Talk about a fired up Karp!

"Eh! The lad thinks he gots himself a jumpah!" One of the fishermen declared as he slapped the other on the back.

"Issat right? Well it does look like a right fine karp ya got there!" The other said in reply.

"Let's get this filled out lad and go on up to tha stage and get ye karp ready in the tank." The first one said. They would then proceed to help Ryan fill out the necessary paperwork before pointing him to the stage with the tank at its center, all the other competitors lined up in front of their Magikarp in the tank.

The competition actually looked fierce, there was Magikarp of all sizes here. One was particularly large with extra long whiskers, owned by some rich looking woman who totally did not seem to belong here. I guess Magikarp jumping had no bias.  

SubonicXP
Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:17 pm
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

"Eh! The lad thinks he gots himself a jumpah!" One of the fishermen declared as he slapped the other on the back.

"Issat right? Well it does look like a right fine karp ya got there!" The other said in reply.

"Let's get this filled out lad and go on up to tha stage and get ye karp ready in the tank." The first one said. They would then proceed to help Ryan fill out the necessary paperwork before pointing him to the stage with the tank at its center, all the other competitors lined up in front of their Magikarp in the tank.

The competition actually looked fierce, there was Magikarp of all sizes here. One was particularly large with extra long whiskers, owned by some rich looking woman who totally did not seem to belong here. I guess Magikarp jumping had no bias.

Ryan would set Levi into the water. He had only ever seen this many Magikarp together in the wild. Usually, trainers wasted no time in evolving theirs to Gyarados, sacrificing trust and bond by using Rare Candies, thus producing Gyarados weaker and more prone to violent outbursts.

Sure, Ryan would get Levi to Gyarados at some point, but by training him the proper way. Would that take longer? Sure. But it would make for an exceptional bond.

"Just ignore these other Karp, Levi. All you need to focus on is you. When it's your turn, get as big a head of steam as they allow. You do that and then jump like I have seen you do? You're gonna touch the sky and leave them all behind, yeah?" Ryan says to his Magikarp, getting him ready for the competition.

Levi nods and bounces a few small times in an energetic response. This Karp was ready to go!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:04 am
RCCaughtem

Levi nods and bounces a few small times in an energetic response. This Karp was ready to go!

Ryan would watch as the announcer would step and begin to ramble on about the tradition of Magikarp jumping. The announcer himself was an older man in typical fisherman attire, the only difference was everything he wore had a Magikarp theme. Heck, even his mustache was styled to look like Magikarp whiskers. This guy really took all this too far.

Eventually the man would finish his semi-coherent ranting and announce the first contestant; a young boy with a rather small looking Magikarp. Looked like something he won at a fair. Either way the little guy didn't jump too high but the kid still got a roaring applause. Apparently the crowd was really enthusiastic about this whole thing as well.

After a few more contestants the rich looking woman was up next, strutting up to the tank as she flaunted her Johto style Magikarp print dress. With a snap of her fingers the massive karp in the tank would execute an impressive Bounce that would send it soaring high into the air. If a Pidgeotto came by (if they had them here) it would have snapped that sucker right out of the sky...and probably have finally back down to Earth due to the weight of this karp. The long whiskered Magikarp would splash back down into the tank, kicking up a sizable wave of water and send it into a roaring crowd. That was gonna be hard to beat.

"Up next; Ryan and Leviii!" The announcer declared, the now wet crowd clapping for Ryan and yet he could tell they were still fixated on the last performance. Tough act to follow.  

SubonicXP
Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:22 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

Ryan would watch as the announcer would step and begin to ramble on about the tradition of Magikarp jumping. The announcer himself was an older man in typical fisherman attire, the only difference was everything he wore had a Magikarp theme. Heck, even his mustache was styled to look like Magikarp whiskers. This guy really took all this too far.

Eventually, the man would finish his semi-coherent ranting and announce the first contestant; a young boy with a rather small looking Magikarp. Looked like something he won at a fair. Either way, the little guy didn't jump too high but the kid still got a roaring applause. Apparently, the crowd was really enthusiastic about this whole thing as well.

After a few more contestants the rich looking woman was up next, strutting up to the tank as she flaunted her Johto style Magikarp print dress. With a snap of her fingers, the massive Karp in the tank would execute an impressive Bounce that would send it soaring high into the air. If a Pidgeotto came by (if they had them here) it would have snapped that sucker right out of the sky...and probably have finally back down to Earth due to the weight of this Karp. The long-whiskered Magikarp would splash back down into the tank, kicking up a sizable wave of water and send it into a roaring crowd. That was gonna be hard to beat.

"Up next; Ryan and Leviii!" The announcer declared, the now wet crowd clapping for Ryan and yet he could tell they were still fixated on the last performance. Tough act to follow.

Ryan was only impressed that something that big could jump that high. But mass past a certain point had drawbacks. There were lost aerodynamics when you got past a certain bulk.

"Alright Levi, catch some air!" Ryan says to his Karp.

Levi coils up, tight as possible, and then unleashes an awe-inspiring Bounce, shooting up into the sky like he was shot out of a cannon. Just how high did Levi get?!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 am
RCCaughtem

Levi coils up, tight as possible, and then unleashes an awe-inspiring Bounce, shooting up into the sky like he was shot out of a cannon. Just how high did Levi get?!

Levi soars high into the air, just inches past the Magnemite they were using to measure the record height obtained in the contestants, the magnet Pokemon beeping to indicate the previous record, obtained by the big whisker Magikarp, was broken by Levi. The crowd would go wild as Levi broke the record, and while he didn't create as big of a splash upon returning to the tank the crowd was still rowdy for Levi.

As Ryan was the last contestant the announcer started to walk over to him as he declared him the winner, the wealthy woman in the Magikarp dress glaring at Ryan from the side. As the Water Channeler was being presented with his gold trophy depicting a Magikarp in mid splash his SNAG would vibrate wildly, desperately trying to get his attention.

"Let's give a big Akala applause for our new jump champions, Ryan and Levi!" The announcer declared as he patted Ryan on the back, a trio of woman in grass skirts taking the stage as they hula'd around Ryan, their Comfey placing flower necklaces around his neck and even around Levi's body. However the SNAG continued to protest and vie for his attention despite the pageantry going on that had Ryan at the center of it all.  

SubonicXP
Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:46 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

Levi soars high into the air, just inches past the Magnemite they were using to measure the record height obtained in the contestants, the magnet Pokemon beeping to indicate the previous record, obtained by the big whisker Magikarp, was broken by Levi. The crowd would go wild as Levi broke the record, and while he didn't create as big of a splash upon returning to the tank the crowd was still rowdy for Levi.

As Ryan was the last contestant the announcer started to walk over to him as he declared him the winner, the wealthy woman in the Magikarp dress glaring at Ryan from the side. As the Water Channeler was being presented with his gold trophy depicting a Magikarp in mid-splash his SNAG would vibrate wildly, desperately trying to get his attention.

"Let's give a big Akala applause for our new jump champions, Ryan and Levi!" The announcer declared as he patted Ryan on the back, a trio of woman in grass skirts taking the stage as they hula'd around Ryan, their Comfey placing flower necklaces around his neck and even around Levi's body. However, the SNAG continued to protest and vie for his attention despite the pageantry going on that had Ryan at the center of it all.

Ryan let out a whoop when he saw Levi make the mark and just smirked at the Wealthy Woman. Bigger not always better, yeah?

Ryan recalls Levi and accepts his trophy, and then sighs in disgust. Why? of all times! What was so important that work needed to call him away from his fun?

Ryan takes a few bows before slipping away from all the fanfare, sheepishly shrugging at the organizers, but also making it clear that this was an important call he had to take. He flips open his SNAG. "I hope this quite the emergency, yeah? I was enjoying a well-earned victory here." Ryan would say in a hushed tone, he rather not have anyone over-hear his coversation.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:00 am
RCCaughtem

Ryan takes a few bows before slipping away from all the fanfare, sheepishly shrugging at the organizers, but also making it clear that this was an important call he had to take. He flips open his SNAG. "I hope this quite the emergency, yeah? I was enjoying a well-earned victory here." Ryan would say in a hushed tone, he rather not have anyone over-hear his coversation.

"Victory? Your brain dead fish jumped the highest. I think the term 'victory' is a little too strong in this situation." GRAY responded to Ryan's discontent with being bothered. "Why is that even a sport anyways? Let's see whose Magikarp is a little less worthless than everyone else's! Yeah, real exciting. Either way, I thought you might like to know that your little festival is about to get a little more exciting according to radio chatter, that is. I picked up a frequency used by a local gang, why they still use radio I don't know but any who, and they are looking to crash the festival. More specifically they are planning to ransack the hotel and rampage through the festival and currently are hiding out in the hotel's basement. But whatever, not like you care. Go back to celebrating your hard earned victory. I'll be sure to make certain your name goes down in a book somewhere."  

SubonicXP
Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:33 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

"Victory? Your brain dead fish jumped the highest. I think the term 'victory' is a little too strong in this situation." GRAY responded to Ryan's discontent with being bothered. "Why is that even a sport anyways? Let's see whose Magikarp is a little less worthless than everyone else's! Yeah, real exciting. Either way, I thought you might like to know that your little festival is about to get a little more exciting according to radio chatter, that is. I picked up a frequency used by a local gang, why they still use radio I don't know but any who, and they are looking to crash the festival. More specifically they are planning to ransack the hotel and rampage through the festival and currently are hiding out in the hotel's basement. But whatever, not like you care. Go back to celebrating your hard earned victory. I'll be sure to make certain your name goes down in a book somewhere."

Ryan ignores all the japes and digs that GRAY was dishing out. The AI was a buzzkill at best. He was wishing that Sub had been kind enough to call himself.

Ryan snaps his SNAG close. Local gang? Must be talking of that Team Skull he had been hearing whispers about. But if they were going to cause trouble, Ryan had better go and put a stop to that.

Ryan makes a beeline for the Hotel. He would need to get access to the basement and put a boot to Team Skull. Although he realized, he wasn't packing his powerhouses. He had his unevolved squad with him, which included Levi. This might be harder than he expected. But was GRAY going to scramble help for him? No. Definitely No. The AI either had it out for him or something against him. Must be the water thing.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff