Welcome to Gaia! ::

вσυη∂ вy вℓσσ∂

Back to Guilds

A Master and Slave Guild with Supernatural and Mythical Creatures, along with Humans. 

Tags: Master, Slave, Romance, Drama, Entertainment 

Reply Into The City
The Market Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaptainTapole

Glittering Frog

45,525 Points
  • The Captain's Visions 500
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Love for the Landia 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 pm
Located within the City limits, but beyond the neighborhood of the Slave Shops and Warehouse lies the streets of shops, bakeries and cafes; often called The Market.

User Image

The Butcher Shop

The Outdoor Produce Area

Clothing Boutique for Women
Clothier for Men
Toy Shop and Clothing Shop for Children

The Sundry and Pharmacy
The Grocery Store

Music Shop
Instrument Shop
Book Store

Coffee Shop
Cafe
Bakery
Candy Shoppe  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:20 am
User Image

There was something strangely comforting about the question Caleb asked. He didn't press the matter when she said she hadn't been fit for the apprentice, but instead asked if she had been passed around. No, he was just curious as to whether she'd been passed around like a common slave. Lifting her head, she didn't seem quite as upset, but the answer still wasn't a positive one. "I was passed around, but I'm only a recent addition to the slave shops." Leaving it at that as Caleb looked around as they reached a cross street, she perked up a little. Shopping, for her? "O-Okay." She said softly, the ghost of a smile evident on her face at his comment about none of his items of clothing suiting her. Leading the way, she followed Caleb quite happily, staying silent for a few minutes before answering the first question properly. "You asked earlier about me being passed around, as in going in and out of the shops." It was a hesitant start, but she felt pretty proud of herself for speaking up. "I didn't answer properly. You see, I was passed around amongst other warlocks and their apprentices. A song bird turned woman, and they all hoped for the same thing. Hence why I ended up in the shops." Crossing a street with Caleb as they entered the markets, she looked around while still speaking. "But I never left the shop until today. I was originally thought to be just human; no special talents or creepy appendages to say otherwise." Shrugging, they began to head to an area dedicated to clothing. "They soon figured it out when I began to sing and well... You saw the result."

Ending her tale there, it seemed that Caleb had walked them straight to a womens clothing store. Looking up at him, Aveline seemed confused. "I've never been shopping before." She admitted, looking through the windows at the clothing. A sense of curiosity was starting to overwhelm the bird, and she found herself wanting to go in. "We can go in, right? I really want to have a look inside." An almost child-like sense of curiosity was obviously coming from Aveline, and upon getting the okay from Caleb, the woman went inside the store. Of course, it was lined with all kinds of clothes just for females, but it still left the woman awestruck. So used to hand-crafting her own clothing, it wasn't until she began to get readily handed from Master to Master that she began to get given clothes from stores. Yet, her eyes were drawn to a sales table that seemed to be heaped with jumpers like the one she was wearing. Making a bee-line for it, it was the aviary instincts to build a comfortable nest that drew her to the nest-like pile of jumpers, four lovely soft ones being draped over her arm. Just like a bird too, she flitted to another table with discounted tank tops. She'd seen a tag on the back of her current set of clothes to know what size she was, so matching up the tags to the ones she'd seen was quite easy. Never shopping before, it took Aveline barely any time to get a decent ensemble of clothes together; four jumpers, four tank tops, three jeans and three flats. The shop assistant waved her over to the cashier stand, and seemed to have a look that hinted she'd seen Caleb before. Turning to look at the male, arms free of clothing, she looked at him out of large, slightly worried eyes. "I didn't get to much, did I? I hope it's not too much." Hands disappearing inside the sleeves of her jumper once more, she brought her hands up to her face, hiding her mouth behind balled fists covered by the jumper sleeves. It was almost adorable.

[ ooc; I hope you don't mind I moved Caleb a bit, otherwise my post would have been a shocker D: figured it was best to get this over and done with, haha~ ]

X XAXc a g e dXb i r dXd o e s n 'tXs i n g.

Captain Tapole

N o i r Wafflesaurus
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

21,975 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Storybook Royalty 500

White Starr Light

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 pm
InsanseCrayons

Lucy smiled as the car pulled up to the market place. "Are we finally here Master Tyler??" She was ready to get out of this awful dress and his oversized shoes. Lucy held his hand and looked out the window at all the other people walking around.

((Extremely sorry about this terribly late post. I hope your still interested in RPing with Tyler and Lucy.))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:23 am
User Image

℃αℓєв тαяɢє

The sound of Bartok....
»═══════════════════════════════════♦═══════════════════════════════«

The answer was not completely clear of what Caleb asked, but he was not going to press about it. If it did not affect him, then why push it? Seeing the hint of smile upon the young woman's face, he figured his suggestion of shopping was a wise choice. Well, it was practical, too. He did not have much to say, like normal, so he only kept quiet until Aveline decided to speak again, but this time giving the whole answer. They all wanted the same thing? Caleb gave a quizzical look at that, but never one to go too deep into anything, he let the topic drop once the two arrived to the woman's boutique. When the young woman looked over to him, he gave a small smile before gesturing his head towards the door. "It's either shop here or you be naked and I do not think either one of us would like that." Sure, Aveline had a nice-looking body and bird by nature, there was no need for clothes, but Caleb was never one for someone being in the nudist colony. It was just something he did not feel right about.

Heading inside behind Aveline, Caleb gave a small nod over to the shop assistant in the store. "Where's Donna?" "She had a few errands to do and told me to keep an eye around here." The young man nodded a little bit as he kept himself close by to the cash register since this area was not much of expertise. From the looks of it, the shop assistant did not need to give the young woman a hand either. The shop assistant looked back and forth casually between the young woman and Caleb, raising an eyebrow in suspicion, but never said her accusation. Seeing Aveline done with her clothing choices, she gestured her over to the register and started to ring up all the items along with folding them properly to place in a bag. When the shop assistant did not even give him the total, but instead handed over a piece of paper that seemed like an invoice, he looked over to Aveline who seemed worried to the point of doing something rather odd, peculiar and kind of...cute. Chuckling a little bit, Caleb only shook his head before looking down to the paper and took the pen the shop assistant was holding out to him to sign the paper. Once it was done, the assistant handed over the bag of clothes to Caleb in exchange of the paper invoice. Giving a nod in thanks, he looked back to Aveline and gestured his head back out.

Holding the door for Aveline, Caleb looked at her curiously before using the free hand, which was occupied by the bag of clothes and pointed downwards to the street. "The music shop is not that far from here if you want to go there" Letting the door close, he then proceeded on down the street. He was right, the music shop was across the street and four business establishments away from the woman's boutique. The three-paneled windows were gated up and it was easy to see with darkness inside, it was closed. Caleb, though, dug into his pocket to grab a small keyring with four keys on it. Holding onto the silver-looking rounded key, he used it to unlock the gate that barred the door then used the gold-looking rounded key to unlock the door. Heading inside first, he shifted to the side a little bit towards a wall and then leaned a bit further before the lights came up and he held the door open for the young woman.

Inside, the store with filled with various books about music, its theory, some history, and biographies of musicians or artists or even groups. There was a double-sided newspaper-waterfall-type filled with music sheet books categorized by genre then by last name of composer or music artist or name of the group. Stacks upon stacks of blank music sheets. Along the walls were various instruments ranging from guitars of both acoustic and electric, wind instruments, other small string instruments. Lining the walls were drums, keyboards and larger wind and string instruments. There was enough to walk around comfortably, but it seemed so much multiple bands could play here. The counter had glass displays with antique items from trumpet to bows to various instrument parts. Far in the back, like a room to its own was a baby grand piano. It was possible lessons and tutoring was taken and given here, but it was something good for the city and the community.

»═══════════════════════════════════◊═══════════════════════════════«
lingers in the air of my soul. May it heal and guide me...

N o i r Wafflesaurus

CaptainTapole

Glittering Frog

45,525 Points

N o i r Wafflesaurus
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

21,975 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Storybook Royalty 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:31 pm
User Image

Caleb was quite funny, Aveline thought as she wandered around the clothes shop, picking up all the items she thought she would need. Caleb had spoken briefly to the woman behind the counter, her sharp hearing had caught the sound of his voice, but she didn't let it distract her. Still quite positive that she'd picked up too much, she allowed her surprisingly cute action to hide most of the worry evident on her face, but as Caleb took a piece of paper from the nice lady behind the counter, his chuckle and shake of his head made her relax. Feeling a little uncomfortable, Aveline lowered her hands a bit to uncover her mouth. "Thank you." Frankly, she had no idea if it would mean anything to Caleb, but the looks she kept getting from the sales assistant in between her looking at Caleb was sort of unsettling. Did she know the man well? Did she know that the shy girl by his side was a slave he basically rescued? Trying not to fret about it, she watched as Caleb took her bags and motioned for her to leave with him. Nodding, she happily trotted after the male, ducking out the door that he held open.

Back outside once more Aveline couldn't get enough of the feel of the wind in her hair. Of course, it was barely any breeze at all, it was just the movement of walking, but it was enough to make her happy. Cocking her head to the side out of curiosity, she smiled. A music shop? Walking beside Caleb quietly the whole way, her hands still hanging on to the sleeves of her jumper, they stopped out the front of the shop that looked most definitely closed. Oh, did he know it was closed when he said to go check it out? Raising a hand to her mouth again, the small fist inside her jacket sleeve covering her mouth proving to be curiously cute, she went to ask Caleb if he knew it was going to be closed when she spied a key in his hand. Understanding immediately that he had suggested it because he worked at the place, or owned it, or both, a silver key unlocked the gate that kept them out, when the jingle of a second key - gold - unlocked the actual door. Hopping from foot to foot slightly, a typical bird movement when they were perched on a tree, she watched Caleb move inside, and only once he had turned on the lights did she make a move into the store. And what a store it was.

There were instruments everywhere! Some she knew, like flutes and violins, but drums and a few of the larger wind instruments she wasn't so sure about. Meandering through the shop, looking at everything, she stopped once she saw the piano. Practically making a bee-line for it, she cautiously stepped into the room containing the baby grand piano. Hovering over it, checking it out, she stood behind the piano stool and leaned out to touch the shining cover for the keys. Fingers gently brushing the case, she gently eased it up. It was almost like in Aveline's mind she was the only one in the shop, for slowly, she sat herself on the piano stool and placed her finger on middle C. The softest trill of a bird whistle sounded in exact pitch as the note played. Aveline had found that the only good thing about being turned into a human was the fact she had been taught how to play the piano and violin. She could see no other bonuses yet, aside from it being easier to track down food, and it was easier to keep clean. Plus cats didn't try and chase her. Slowly going up the scale, the bird whistles turned into vocals, the softest of perfect pitched sounds coming from the woman as she played a C major scale. Realising after a moment that Caleb was in the shop with her, and that she probably had just made a fool of herself, she repeated the action in the clothing store, and covered her mouth with her fists hidden inside her jumper sleeves.

Blushing furiously, she looked at Caleb. "I-I'm sorry. I-I should have asked first." Voice just above a whisper, the bird felt very foolish. It was rude to do something without asking, or so she had been taught.

[ ooc; wrote all this at work, hope it's ok! Sorry it took so long too D: ]

Captain Tapole

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm
User Image

℃αℓєв тαяɢє

The sound of Bartok....

Once Aveline was inside, Caleb closed the door behind the two. They were not going to stay there for too long, but it was also nice to make sure folks did not believe he was open for the day. Moving over to the counter carefully, he placed the bag of clothes on top while the young woman explored around before the beeline was once again set in, but this time to the piano. For the moment, he truly paid no mind to her doing so. One of the reasons why he chose her in the first place. Or was her choosing him? Either way, it was her ear for tones and tunes that intrigued him on levels difficult to explain.

Ducking down underneath the counter briefly for an odd reason or another, Caleb slowly peeked his head up as he heard the gentle whistles from the young woman at the piano. Just like in the warehouse, Caleb was practically audio-hypnotised until Aveline stopped. Blinking his eyes a few times before looking up to her hidden mouth, he let out a small chuckle before shaking his head. "The more you touch, the less I dust." Good theory...sort of. Since most of these instruments were better to be practically new to sell, but the piano was a different story. Standing back upright, Caleb moved from the counter and closer to her before giving a gesture to the piano bench. "May I?" Granted, it was his and he could sit or move anything he desired, but it still a polite thing to do.

~(( And we're back in business! ...Err...uh...writing? ))~
N o i r Wafflesaurus

CaptainTapole

Glittering Frog

45,525 Points

N o i r Wafflesaurus
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

21,975 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Storybook Royalty 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm
User Image

It had been so nice to hear that she was still in tune thanks to the piano, not like she doubted she was out of tune, but one could indulge themselves in a bit of vanity from time to time, no? A little bit worried about what Caleb would think as she stood still, hands in front of her mouth under the sleeves of her jumper, his chipper reply made her drop her hands and c**k her head to the side with a curious look. Eyes darting to the piano, she noticed that although the piano was shiny, there were some traces of dust on the lovely instrument. Not enough dust to make it look unloved, but enough to show that maybe it hadn't been touched for a while before she came along. Trotting around the piano like a curious bird would hop around a treat of crumbs given to them, she stood on the opposite side to where Caleb was as he approached. Nodding in agreement to his polite question, she hesitantly went back around to the front of the piano as Caleb sat down. Curiosity had gotten the best of her and she wanted to find out what he was up to.

A few nervous movements later and Aveline perched on the edge of the piano stool next to Caleb, hands still hidden under the sleeves of her jumper. Feet bouncing as her anticipation began to grow, she looked over at Caleb. "Are.. Are you going to play something?" Softly voiced, the bird hoped the answer would be 'yes'. As much as she loved to play and sing her own music, listening to someone else play was a joy she was sure that Caleb would understand. Dark hair fell over her shoulders as she leaned forward, right on the edge of the stool now, watching his hands for any hint that he was about to play. She was longing to turn into her real form, to hop around the piano, perch on his shoulder and stretch her wings and fly with the sounds of the piano when it began to sing it's song. Unfortunately, she had to wait until night for the chance to do that, and even then it was optional if she wanted to change. Sure she loved her human body but... There was nothing like being able to fly. Well, maybe singing came close, but it still wasn't close enough.

[ ooc; eeek, sorry it's small! I'll be able to write more if Caleb decides to play a song for her :3 ]

Captain Tapole

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:27 pm
User Image

℃αℓєв тαяɢє

The sound of Bartok....

Nodding in thanks, Caleb carefully slid on over directly beside the young woman before peering downwards to the piano. It was not that long ago that he was sitting on the bench--just on the side she was on and a little boy where he was. "Every now and again, I do lessons to the children for free." It was not directed towards Aveline specifically; but obviously it was since she was the only one there. "Understanding music should be one of those precious knowledge in life that should not cost anything. Yes, said the one who sells music." He caught his own contradiction before continuing on, "But owning music is different than understanding it."

The ungloved hand gently lingered upon the white keys before his other hand slowly came up. The fingers were light as a couple of the keys were tapped gently--this was to make sure his hand wanted to work with him at the moment rather than anything else. It was finally, though, his fingers started to hit the keys so rhythmically. A melody not so melancholic and yet not cheerful either. Possibly a melody of reminiscence or days in the past of calm; peace.

NNever once did Caleb look away from the keys. In fact, he was not looking at the keys at all. Keeping his eyes closed gently, he knew his fingers--at least those who are cooperating with him today--would know what to do and how much emphasis of pressure to place on each keystroke. When he played the last chord, he let the last three notes linger in the air before his hand slowly moved away from the board. Letting out a small sigh of relief, he finally opened his eyes to look back over to Aveline before giving a small smile to her. "Does that answer your question?"

~(( Song in question ))~
N o i r Wafflesaurus

CaptainTapole

Glittering Frog

45,525 Points

N o i r Wafflesaurus
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

21,975 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Storybook Royalty 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm
User Image

It was interesting, listening to Caleb talk about music. He was so passionate about it, it was clear from his body language. He gave lessons to children for free, and even thought he "sold music", he still recognised the difference between owning it and understanding it. Still perched precariously on the edge of the piano stool, Aveline watched with curious eyes as a hand gently rested against shining white keys, then the other rose - this one covered with a glove. Unsure why his hand was gloved - was it fashion maybe? - her body stiffened at the sound of the keys being gently struck, the sudden sound of the piano startling her, but at the same time filling her with hope.

Once Caleb had decided what he was going to do, the nightingale relaxed visibly as the melody he'd chosen began to flow through her. It was beautiful and light, and not too chipper. It was an incredibly relaxing melody, even though the tune spoke of memories past, it made the bird feel very much at peace. Too soon though, the music came to an end, and finding that she'd shut her eyes as the music had washed away the horrible feeling the marketplace had left, she turned her head slowly to look at Caleb who was smiling slightly at her. Grinning in return, the nightingale trilled a happy, short tune. "That was beautiful." She gushed, speaking in a soft, awed tone. It had been a while since she'd heard such lovely piano playing, and shaking her body a little, mimicking a bird fluffing it's feathers up, it was clear that Aveline was very happy.

"I haven't heard the piano played so nicely in a while." Voice dropping to a awed, almost whisper sound, the young woman slid her hands back inside her jumper to rest her chin on the back of gently balled hands as her eyes studied Caleb. "Wha-What are we going to do now? I can help out if you need a hand with something? I can dust things if you plan to stay here for a bit?" It wasn't like Aveline was ready to go home, she was quite enjoying herself at the music shop, but she was curious in nature so she did also want to see his home. And she was more than willing to help him out as much as he needed, Aveline would have felt pretty bad if he just allowed her to sit around and do nothing while he cleaned and tidied and whatnot. Sure she was a bird at heart, but it didn't mean she couldn't help out.

[ ooc; I am in such a cute mood today, I couldn't resist :3 ]

Captain Tapole

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm
User Image

℃αℓєв тαяɢє

The sound of Bartok....
»═══════════════════════════════════♦═══════════════════════════════
«

Not realizing it until now--sometimes he was a little air-head that way--Caleb could not help but to see Aveline in a way someone would see a child. Ever curious and sometimes easy to amaze. This, though, only brought curiosity to him. A young woman have such wonderment; it was amazing to him she was not let out of her cage far longer than she was in one before. Blinking himself out from a daze--and to make sure she did not notice he was staring a bit longer than he should have--Caleb let out a slight chuckle before shaking he his; more to himself than anything else. ”Thank you. Just glad my hand wanted to be nice to me today.” Strangely—and yet appropriately—he did not venture further about his hand. Wiggling his fingers a bit to reassure they wanted to work for now, Caleb carefully stood up and pondered for a moment. ”Well. I have a few small amount of documents to work on. If you just want to dust for now, that would be wonderful. I do not think it will take longer than ten minutes.” This might have been the small downside for taking Aveline so quickly; not quite sure what to do with her yet. Heading over to the back of the counter once again, he bent over just a bit before walking back over to the young woman and handed her the dust-buff rag. ”I’ll be in the basement if you need me.” He briefly pointed in the direction of the back area; which was only a small hallway that had a storage closet with no door and another door—assuming it lead down to the basement. There was a slight bit of hesitation on what to do now specifically. Breathing in deeply, he very lightly patted the top of her head before turning back and headed down through the hallway. It was a bit awkward for him and it was obvious as one of his hands rose behind his head and scratched it a bit.

It was less than an hour when Caleb came back into the main area with a small box in tow. Peering around for a moment with Aveline not in immediate sight, there was a bit of worry that she did decide to leave on her own. Doing his best not to let the worry be seen, he plopped the box on the floor in front of the main counter; hoping the heavy clunk of paper within it would somehow gain the young woman's attention. "Sorry it took so long. I kind of forgot to actually organize all of that paperwork during the schools' band competition. With tune-ups and replacement parts, it was a crazy-busy week for me. Luckily, it was over a few days before you came around, so it's fine now." Competition week was normally crazy here and over in the clothing stores since there is a ball-type for the awards ceremony. Pondering for a moment, he glanced down to his stomach and kind of gave it a stink-eye. "How about we get home so some food can be cooked and placed in our bellies?"

N o i r Wafflesaurus

CaptainTapole

Glittering Frog

45,525 Points

`MaliceMizer
Crew

Wheezing Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm
    User ImageUser Image
    Whoever said money cannot bring happiness must not know where to shop.
    ________________________________ absalom ᎷᎪᏞᏦᏌᎢᎻ levite

INDENT After his announcement, there was a very brief moment of delay. It was like little Rowena was shocked or caught off-guard that he had appeared. Had she not been expecting him? Had she been chastizing herself for failing, for driving him away?

INDENT How charming.

INDENT The blindfolded man listened as she scrambled to gather her things. She really hadn't expected him to return, apparently. He thought he had explicitly noted the possibility of his returning for her. Malkuth would have thought, at hearing such a promise, she would have packed her things just for that slight possibility. It seemed she did not live up to his expectations; she was more pessimistic than he initially assumed. That did not change his decision at all; rather, it was something to keep in mind for the future. He stood by idly as she make a ruckus with her things. The front desk had told him that she would only come with her painting supplies as no one else used them, and so he could safely assume that was all she was packing. He listened to her soft steps on the carpet, drawing closer, and she tried to inform him of her readiness but it seemed that her tongue tripped over his name. The rest of her blathering was riddled with what he interpreted as nervousness and unease. He had to bite the inside of his cheek to fight the smile that threatened to erupt on his face.

INDENT "I'll be fine for now, miss Rowena," he assured politely. However, her consideration for asking was duly noted. "Let's go to the front and get a taxi into town."

INDENT Malkuth made his way through the hotel, slightly behind Rowena. He remembered the general direction they had come from - right here, left there, and so on - and that was enough to find his way to the lobby. The desk had already called a taxi for them and it was waiting by the time they arrived. Malkuth arranged for her things to be kept in the bungalow (this has to be the first time I am ever using this word ever) he was to inhabit overnight. This freed at least her hands for them to do their shopping. They boarded the taxi and set off for the short distance to town.

----------------

INDENT The market was busy, as expected. The noise was disorienting. Malkuth tended to abstain from public excursions for that very reason. The general din of the street obscured the sound any approaching objects or people may have made. At least if it was an area he was familiar with he would feel less uneasy. The only relief he found was that this wasn't a large urban city's market; the vehicle traffic was significantly less, and there weren't any / as many people yelling about buying things. If he made a wrong move, he was less likely to get knifed by a thug. He passed his cane to the hand also supporting his doll in order to have one arm free. They hadn't even been on the street for a minute before he finally asked, "Miss Rowena, would you be so kind to hold my arm? I would hate to lose you."

INDENT Though there was more of a risk of her losing him. Malkuth, of course, felt that it was an inappropriate situation to use that wording. He still needed to subtly put her in her place; there would be plenty of time to confuse roles later. Just take it slow, he reminded himself. Rome wasn't built in just a day. When he felt a gentle touch on his arm, Malkuth reminded her, "If there is a store that interests you feel free to look. We are here for you and you alone."

Color Me Fubar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:00 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
x
x
x

"To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable..."

x
x
x

It felt odd to have someone take her bag away and there was mention of a bungalow. Did people actually stay here? That seemed odd to her, but she wasn't about to question him. Besides, it left her hands free and if she was going to guide him, or rather, at least make sure nothing happened to him, then she really didn't need to be impeded by bags and the like. Climbing into the taxi after him, Rowena settled down and looked at the scenery going by as they drove, having never seen any of this before. She liked to know where she was, it gave her some sense of control, though she knew in reality she had next to none. Not before, and certainly not now that she was a slave.

As they reached the city and into the shopping district, Rowena looked around in awe. She had never seen a large city like this before and was a bit intimidated by it. Her attention was drawn to her new master when he shifted his things into one arm and held his out towards her. At his words, she blinked and then nodded, not quite sure how to take his arm. Settling for carefully wrapping her arm around his, her hand rested on the crook of his elbow, Rowena smiled up at him, though he couldn't see it, and led them into the shopping district. It was bustling, but not crowded and there was no fear of accidentally walking her new master into someone else. The cane and the fact he was walking with her on his arm made most people automatically veer out of the way anyway, something that the young woman was relieved to see.

He assured her that she could get what she wanted, but it was impossible for the young woman to really just patter about and spend his money on herself. So she led him to several different stores to buy what she needed - personal items, clothing and the like - trying not to squeak at what seemed like exorbitant prices. That would just be rude, so she got only what she needed, tucking bags into one another to make it easier for her to carry in her free hand. That was another reason she wasn't going to buy much, Rowena still had to guide her master and wasn't going to do so with shopping bags in each hand. She had a job to do and took it seriously, taking great care not to allow him to walk into any obstacles, like trash cans or a walker scattered throughout the hallways. He seemed find with allowing her to tug him as necessary, though she hardly was yanking and pulling on him, and the ease of which they walked made her relax a bit more in her role. It seemed rude, to tell him where to go, and would take some time for her to grow used to the idea that he wouldn't yell at her for it.

Once she had what she needed, he asked if she was hungry and Rowena admitted that yes, she was. There was a cafe nearby and they walked to it, the young woman depositing her bag neatly under the table before making sure Malkuth was all right sitting down and not going to fall or trip or something. Only then did she sit down and asked the waiter when he came over if they had menus in braille. They did and he fetched one. She was relieved, not because she would have minded reading it to him to pick from, but it seemed too demeaning. Their orders came in quickly, something she was happy about since she was actually fairly hungry, and they ate in mutual silence. Neither seemed much inclined to talk - Rowena was too intimidated and worried about annoying him to initiate conversation - though she did notice at some point he'd gotten some food on his cheek. "Oh, you have something, don't move," she told him, getting up and carefully wiping it off with a napkin before he could react. Sitting down as he made a noise, but didn't seem displeased, she was glad he wasn't angry she'd violated personal space.

Lunch passed easily, neither of them dilly-dallying and not rushing either, simply working steadily and politely through their food. Once it was assured they were done, Malkuth gave Rowena money to pay for it once she read the bill, and she was almost surprised he trusted her not to tell him more and keep money for herself. It was stupid to do such a thing, she knew, it wasn't as if she'd be able to spend it. But still, it made her feel good he trusted her with his money so far and she gave it to the waiter, exact change and all. "I already have everything I need, did you want to go anywhere or are you ready to go back to the bungalow for the night?" Rowena asked him, picking up her bag and moving over to give him her arm as he got to his feet, being careful of the doll still in his lap. She was curious where he actually lived and eager to see it, but understood that traveling was tiring and he'd want a night to rest. She supposed she needed one as well, but still. She was anxious to see her new home.

x
x
x
x
x
x

User ImageUser ImageUser Imagex
x

"...to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength."

`MaliceMizer

Color Me Fubar
Crew

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

`MaliceMizer
Crew

Wheezing Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 am
    User ImageUser Image
    Whoever said money cannot bring happiness must not know where to shop.
    ________________________________ absalom ᎷᎪᏞᏦᏌᎢᎻ levite

INDENT Modest and humble were two good words to describe Rowena during their little excursion. While Malkuth wouldn't have accepted anything else, it was comforting to see that, from his perspective, she did not want to waste his resources. The things she asked for were not as exorbitant as he had been prepared for. Did she not realize money was not an obstacle for him? He kept his shallow concerns to himself and they went about their day. At first glance, the two may have seemed like an awkward couple. Only when the velvet collar that hung comfortably around Rowena's neck was seen was it apparent that their relationship was something else.

INDENT He found that Rowena did her job well. She wasn't too commanding or domineering. She was very conscious of her status, his status, and how to act given the difference between the two. There was a good balance between respect and providing guidance and information and, at least for today, he was thoroughly pleased with his purchase. Their little trip eventually led them to a café. He was prepared to have the menu read to him and was mildly surprised to hear Rowena asking for braille on his behalf. On one hand she was doing well to take care of him and act on his behalf. It could be viewed as her doing all the gruntwork. But it could also be viewed as her usurping control. He decided to let the issue go; perhaps he was reading too much into it and playing the game of pack alpha just wasn't called for right now.

INDENT He chose something light enough to tide him over until the evening. The hotel offered complimentary meals and with how much the place tooted their own horn, he was fully expecting them to have chefs to back it up. Even if the food there was a disappointment, it was only until tomorrow when they would arrive home. Malkuth was preoccupied thinking about the next day's agenda and was startled when something stiff dabbed at his face. He hardly flinched or jumped (it would be too ungraceful to allow such a show of baser reflexes) but did pause mid-chew until he was able to rationalize what had just happened. He brought a finger up to touch the spot his slave had just cleaned and mumbled a word of thanks. Moments like those were the worst because they always made him wonder how he looked to the world around him. He would hate to discover that he had a tag sticking out or his hair was all over the place or he missed a spot while shaving. As much as he disliked thinking about it, he was undoubtedly an oddball in any crowd. He hoped that at least he could pride himself on being a fancy, polished oddball. Though he did not know if he currently had the regal appearance he pictured in his head, at least Rowena had made sure his face was clear of debris!

INDENT Malkuth rose after he heard the scrape of her chair's legs and the rustle of her shopping bag. Her gentle touch was soon on his arm and they were on their way to the door. She asked if they were done for the day and he replied, "I am as ready as you are."

INDENT Finding a taxi took longer than he would have liked. Though, of course, anything other than a taxi waiting for them was too long for him. Rowena was able to flag one down quicker than he could by himself and they boarded for another quiet ride back to the hotel. It was good that she was the type to speak only when spoken to - just the right amount of conversation when you want it and meek silence when you don't. They were led to the bungalow they would stay in for the night. Some customers of the hotel may have preferred to grab and go but that fast-paced lifestyle wasn't for Malkuth. Even if returning a slave to the site of the slave market they came from made Rowena uncomfortable, he fully expected her to tolerate it. If she had any confidence in him - that he wouldn't return her, that he was sure of his purchase - then she would have no reason to feel uneasy.

Color Me Fubar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 am
User Image

It was nice to hear someone accept a compliment for their talent, instead of someone giving her a compliment. There was something very satisfying about the feeling Aveline got, almost like she'd brightened someone's day with her singing, but instead of singing it had been with words. His reply though had been slightly odd; what did he mean about his hand being nice to him? Hands generally worked pretty well in her opinion, much better than her spindly clawed feet in her bird form, so what on Earth was he talking about? They seemed alright to her. With her head cocked to the side slightly in confusion, the bird managed to pick up that Caleb really didn't want to talk more on that fact and she left it at that. There was obviously a reason why, and she wasn't the kind of person to push a point. Curiosity was a dangerous thing, and as a bird she was very much aware of that. Watching Caleb stand as she remained perched on the edge of the stool, feet bobbing slightly on the ground, she listed to the proposition Caleb put forward. She could dust while he had some work to do. That was fair in her mind. Nodding as he soon moved away to head to the counter, the woman took a moment to glance around the store before deciding on the best course of action. A dust-buff rag was soon handed to her, and with a smile she nodded to show she understood. Shutting her eyes as a gentle pat was given to her head, the woman sat pretty still for a moment - she wasn't used to that sort of action. Birds didn't get pats, they got gentle strokes of their wings with the back of a finger or hand.

Once Caleb was gone though, the woman slowly stood up and proceeded to dust the store like she said she would. Humming quietly to herself, the supposed ten minutes literally flew by without Aveline noticing. Being meticulous to detail, it was well at the half hour mark when the woman finished the cleaning only to notice that Caleb wasn't around. Wondering what to do now until he arrived, the bird noticed some books behind the counter. Wandering over, she began to flick through them, realising they were lesson books. As well as ones that contained sheet music for more advanced students. Picking up a few and glancing over them, the woman soon had a small in her hands as she went to go sit by the piano. Hidden just out of sight on the floor, the girl began to study the music, even quietly whistling a tune here and there.

A loud clunk made Aveline chirp loudly in surprise, and scatter some of the music across the floor. Sighing, as Caleb explained why he took so long, the woman collected up the sheets of music and put them all into order back where they belonged. Music flowing happily through her mind now, Aveline appeared back into sight with the small stack cradled against her chest. Hearing Caleb mentioned food, the woman looked to her belly. She was pretty hungry come to think of it... "I could eat. Food sounds good actually." Scuttling over to the counter, she placed her reading material back where it all belonged and neatened up the stands. Grinning at Caleb, her attention was taken by the box on the floor and moseyed on over to have a look. Bending at the hips, the woman hugged her hands to her chest and inspected the box filled with paper, she found it was nothing that would benefit her and instead turned her attention to Caleb. "I really want to see your house. I bet it's really nice." Perking up again at the idea of walking outside once again, the woman prodded around a bit and found her bag of clothes lurking out of sight. Picking it up with a slight happy chirping noise, she turned back and waited for Caleb to take the lead. This was exciting, she was finally going to see her new home!

[ ooc; heehee~ She's being rather cute again :3 ]

Captain Tapole

N o i r Wafflesaurus
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

21,975 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Storybook Royalty 500

GaysbianBabe

Bloblike Blob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:30 pm
User Image
Adam Osterson
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Adam had agreed to go shopping, if only to appease Kohii and try to figure out what sort of things the two ladies liked. He had explained that he had enough clothes as it was, and anything he needed, he had enough money to buy it himself. He would be more like a friendly roommate than someone the two were responsible for. He had lived many, many years beyond his physical age, and had acquired a rather large sum of money, but he didn't want to be just Adam anymore. He liked the idea of being a part of something, part of a family. Except right now, he was the weird foreign exchange student with an English accent and too many chains and studs to blend in. Not to mention the itchy collar wrapped around his neck that he really wish he could take off, but he would leave it up to Theana and Kohii to decide if he could. After all, it was a symbol that he wasn't just a normal being on his own.

"Alright, Kohii, lead the way. Wherever you want to take me, or dress me up in, I'm game." Walking past the candy shop, Adam had to restrain himself from running up to the window, and if the feeling arose, licking said window. He had a horrible sweet tooth, something his collar said for him, along with the candy cigarettes in his back pocket. It had been hard to find the particular candy, but if it kept him from a real cigarette, then he would go through all the trouble. He had enough to last him a few months, having bought a huge package of them before he started at the hotel. They didn't have much flavor, but it was the chalky texture and stick shape that kept him from buying a pack of smokes.

It was nice to be outside again, something Adam had been denied for a year. Well, no one had ever asked him if he wanted to be outside, and he couldn't necessarily open his own door. The air was a welcomed hug, and all the shops struck him with awe of old memories. He hadn't felt this way since his first ride on a Ferris wheel, all the lights, and how high he could be, so close to flying. He smiled at both of the girls, ready for whatever Kohii was ready to throw at him. A dress and wig he could do, but if she put him in cat ears and a tail, he would probably die of embarrassment.

User Image
Color Me Fubar
Oops. Wrote color instead of quote.

Into The City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out