Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<P> Awaken Sleeping Beauty (Gate/Louhi and Glyph)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:19 pm
User Image Glyph had spent much of that first day with Gate worrying over the comatose creature. When the host had fallen asleep, he'd tucked xir into the only empty bed of the apartments (his own) and fretted, wondering he'd accidentally poisoned the individual with the foods he'd gathered from the woods for their meal.

When it became apparent that the Ki'lin wasn't in fact on death's door, Forest had relaxed and gone out. His change had taken him then and yet another day passed before Louhi woke amidst the flurry of Glyph's party planning and whimsy.

Aisling had nursed Gate through xir slumber, bowl of vegetable broth and pitcher of water to cool the forehead and quench thirst at the ready. The purple demoness was just wiping Gate's brow when the ki'lin stirred. She smiled as she sat back, hooves clinking against the floor as her tail swished.

"Careful..."

In the corner, Glyph looked up from the book he'd taken from the library, hoping it might benefit his search for information on the Grigori (but was sadly disappointing thus far, full of family names and geneologies as it was). "Hm?"

"Your guest is stirring, Lord." She tilted her head towards the prone form of Gate.

"Oh!" He perked at that, creaking slightly as he sat up and the soft whoosh of a book being snapped shut, "Really?" Concern was plain in his voice as he looked over at his bed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 pm
Not knowing that xe had taken-over xir host's bed, Gate's three days of being comatose ended in a most unspectacular way. The Ki'Lin stirred where xe laid, lashes fluttering slowly until pink eyes tried focusing on what was an unfamiliar ceiling. A voice to xir side caught the pretty host's attention, and xe slowly turned xir head to blink fuzzily at Aisling. "Oh...I - I am so sorry, falling asleep like that. Thank you for tending to us." Neither host nor goddess knew how long they had been slumbering, but by the way light filtered in and the fact that xir limbs felt weighty and unused...well, it was clearly more than just one night.

Gate's eyes caught Aisling's, clearing as xe brought the demoness into focus properly - beyond the purple-skinned woman was a very large, very leafy tree-creature that seemed both strange and familiar all at once. Louhi got it immediately, piecing all things together: the purple demoness was Aisling, they had met this servant of Glyph's at dinner and while being led to bathe. Aisling, being a servant to one god, would not give allegiance to another, so the large, leaf-and-tree gentleman with the lovely russet hair and kind eyes...was Glyph!.

Forest had grown while they were sleeping! Oh good heavens, just how long had they been out!?

"How...long was I out?" Gate's voice was timid, questioning but also afraid of what the answer would be.

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 am
User Image The demoness merely smiled and shrugged, shaking her head, "You mend as you sleep, you needed much mending." There was kindness in that soft voice though intelligence was obscured by the scrambling of Gehenna's initial weeks. She was better now, less prone to raving or antics and usually lucid.

It warmed Glyph to know that Aisling was recovering. Natasha had guarded her peer well. The question made Forest laugh as he rose and his newfound height left him towering over Aisling and positively looming over the bed. He lifted a hand, the creaking of woody joints that hadn't moved in some hours audible in the quiet, "A few days, nothing to worry about. Did you sleep well?" There was relief and merriment in Glyph's amethyst eyes as he sat on the edge of the bed, leafy hair pooling and draping over the fabric of the blanket like the filaments of a willow's branches.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:15 pm
Gate could only nod at the kindly demoness, xir expression soft and with a sort of graceful gratitude for the obvious care that had been given by the Lord Glyph and his servants. The Ki'Lin could sense that there was something more to Aisling than what one could see on the surface, but it went no further than that; Gate was not like Endiovar in that xe could tell the unspoken just as well as the spoken - but thanks to xir species, there was a sensation of unexplored depth there...quite common, actually. Especially in the time that Gate had spent wandering after the weeks of Gehenna; so many had changed, so much different within and without.

As Glyph settled upon his bed, the resting Ki'Lin shifted to give him more room, a welcome glint in xir eyes. "I...yes, once the Lord of Dream came." Gate's fingers reached to touch Glyph's leafy hair - the touch of Nature pleased and soothed; xe could not help but do it. "Lord Revei came to me while I dreamt and said that he knew me - my other...Louhi's other. Gianfar of Knowledge." Xe did not want to tell xir host that it had been nightmarish and terrifying, that sleep, until Revei had come to save 'a familiar touch'. "I was given a korat...to keep my dreams sweet." The Ki'Lin smiled up at Forest, eyes taking in all the changes from the last time xe had lain eyes upon the kind, leafy god.

"Lord Glyph...you have been most kind to care for me in this time. And you as well, Lady...?" Gate frowned a bit, realizing that xe did not know what the purple-hued demoness' name. "I do not know how to repay such kindness."

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:59 pm
User Image "Dream visited you?" Glyph didn't sound terribly surprised, he was glad to know that Revei at least sounded recovered from his ordeal with the cocoon. Forest knew little more then that that the god had been laid low and harmed by his investigations. "A korat? What's that?" He tilted his head, looking around the room in a brief glance before casting his gaze at Aisling who merely shrugged.

As Gate played with his hair, Glyph smiled as the filaments twined around the ki'lin's fingers, the tips tickling against the skin. "Mind your step when you walk in the wood and allow me to call you friend, if you feel it neccessary to repay me. It really is no trouble, you're welcome to stay as long as you need." He shifted on the bed and brought both his hands forward into a cup-like shape, the flux of mana about him more powerful now as he called forth a newly discovered power and a handful of apples seemed to come into existence between one blink and the next, as if they'd been there the whole time. "Are you hungry?"

He offered an apple to Aisling who gratefully excepted the gift and nodded her approval as she bit into the perfectly ripe and sweet fruit, the juice dribbling down her chin as she answered Gate, "Aisling, Mistress. There is fresh clothing for you if need it." She gestured to the dresser to the side where a pile of white clothing was set - the demoness, and indeed all the women in Glyph's entourage, wore very little so she'd had to purchase a couple of frocks from the market.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm
"Yes, he came...um...I'm not sure precisely when...but not too long before I awoke." Gate pursed xir lips slightly, fingers of one hand reaching up to lightly rub at the gem set within xir breast. "I believe I might still be asleep had he not come..." Xe continued to find it odd that the God of Dream would have come to "save" xir, even knowing that he was...close to the male Knowledge God. "A korat is one of his servant-compantion creatures, a feline-type with silky soft fur, feathers and a beak like a crow. They're quite lovely, really."

The filaments twining with xir fingers made the Ki'Lin smile; the aura surrounding Glyph really was so calming - Nature suited Gate wholly and completely. "It would be my honour, Sir, to call you friend." As for watching one's step in the woods, well, xe would have done that without being asked. It was very much a Ki'Lin's nature to protect the Earth - Gaia, Terra, whatever one wanted to call whichever planetary orb (and whatever dimension it existed within) that gravity was currently holding them fast to. There was an empty feeling within xir belly, so when Glyph used his abilities to bring forth apples from naught, xe made a soft sound of awe and xir eyes went wide with a pleasant sort of surprise.

"They're beautiful." Gate untangled xir hand from Glyph's hair and reached out to touch one of the proferred apples; xe picked one up and breathed deeply of the scent - an aroma that caused xir stomach to make a loud rumbling sound and a faint blush to spread across striped cheeks. "It seems...I am." Xe watched Aisling bite into the fruit and repeated the demoness' name with a smile, being polite to xir hosts was more important than the gnawing in xir belly; "Thank you, Aisling. I shall dress later, perhaps after a bath?" Gate followed the horned woman's example and bit into the delectable apple - it was as ambrosia upon xir tongue; xe disentangled xir other hand from Glyph's hair so that xe could wipe at the burst of juice that slipped from between lush lips. "I have never had such rich flavor from an apple. My Lord Glyph truly has great powers."

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:08 pm
User Image "I will remember to thank him then, when I see him." Glyph gave a nod of approval, glad that Dream had eased or healed something within Gate. A smile played across his lips as the Ki'lin accepted his friendship and chuckled at the growling sound. His guest was indeed quite hungry!

The smile broadened as Gate's eyes went wide - to see such delight in another gave Glyph a deep sense of satisfaction and a job well done. The tendrils of hair fell away as xe took the fruit in both hands, "You're welcome to bathe my friend."

Aisling rose, apple still in hand as she wiped the dribbled juice from her chin and dipped a bow, "I'll prepare the bathwater, lord." She turned to leave then bowed in kind to Gate, "A pleasure, Gate."

After the demoness had disappeared, Glyph turned his attention to Gate and coloured at the compliment, grinning, his ruddy skin deepening into hues more reminiscent of dark bark then a fleshy blush. "Thank-you but I still have far to go alas. I have only just come into an echo of my glory. I will feast you when I am better able to provide." Indeed, he seemed mildly winded as if the effort had taxed the god. Newly a Youth, his powers were still tender, still untried.

"Would you stay with us? If not in this room then in a guest room?" He gestured at the door into the chamber with a broad smile, "I would be happy to provide you a place of rest. My host was also an herbivore so my Aoide are accustomed to preparing non-meat dishes."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:14 pm
"As will I." Whenever the chance appeared, rather. Xi would likely not be trying to seek out the strange Lord of Dream; it had not seemed as though such an action would be overtly welcome - nor would it be met with upset, really. The feeling had been that Dream would be there when Dream was supposed to be there, to meet the Ki'Lin when the time was "right"...whenever that would be. Now, whether that would be sooner or later was entirely out in the ether - Gate had no way of knowing...but Revei had been very comforting and strangely familiar somehow...as though he held within him a part of...of...hirself. But that was impossible, unless he was far far closer to the Other Knowledge than Gate had supposed.

"I am unsure that I will be able to repay your most generous kindness, Lord Glyph." The golden-haired Ki'Lin dropped xir eyes, lashes touching lightly scaled cheeks again; perhaps there would be no time to do so, but Gate wished for the God of Forest to know just how much xe appreciated all that he had already done, let alone anything that might be done further. "All in good time, my Lord, I am sure." That providing for xir had clearly taken it's toll from Glyph made Gate's appreciation bloom all the further; xe reached out with one delicate hand and lay it upon Glyph's arm lightly.

"You cannot but become stronger and those around you surely will give aid as well." With wide-eyes did Gate listen as not only a bath, but dwelling space was offered. It was far far more than xe had imagined - indeed, meeting with the Forest God had been extremely fortuitous. "Are all Gods here as kindly as yourself, my Lord? I would be honored to stay within your walls...and I will aid you in any manner I am able."

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 pm
User Image "Believe in me and spread my name, foster faith in me and I will be happy." Glyph responded easily, asking for the only thing he needed now. He smiled as the hand was laid upon his arm, giving a short nod, "That is the hope."

The question of kindness made the god chuckle but there was a seriousness about him as the sound faded and he caught Gate's gaze. "No, sadly not. I warn you thusly, just as there are those who provide and create - like myself - there are those who would hinder and destroy. Existence is a balance between the two but be wary when you cross paths with the likes of Greed."

Glyph bobbed his head in thanks at the offer of aid and smiled, "I appreciate it but you are a guest here, enjoy what you will and find your solace here."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:40 am
With mind fair to reeling from all that had happened so quickly, Gate couldn't help but blink at Glyph in an intentionally uncomprehending manner. Believe in him? But he had offered xir so very much and if the Ki'Lin thought about Forest's words carefully, a soft glow of knowing settled in; of course Gate would do as Glyph had requested! Long blond lashes touched delicately scaled cheeks once more as Gate nodded assent, "Of course I will, my Lord Glyph. I could but not, your kindness and care deserve to be known."

Ah. Unfortunate to hear that Forest was not the full representation of what temperaments dwelt in this House of the Gods - unfortunate, but not wholly unexpected. Who better than Gate to know the duality of nature and All that Is. Terminology came to xir easily and unbidden, experience also contributed. A Ki'Lin's use was in Justice, Law and Balance...where one generous and giving deity existed, there must be an equally opposite other. The sweet smile that had brightened Gate's expression slowly faded; lips thinned to a strained-seeming line.

"I shall endeavour to remember, thank you. I take it that Greed is a wily person, one to keep a close watch of..."

With those words, the Ki'Lin gave Glyph a dip of xir head, lips back into a gentle smile. "If you do not mind, I would most enjoy a bath..." Gate would need direction but Aisling would no doubt aid in that - and once bathed, the demure, white clothing would be a welcome change from the tattered and travel-caked garments that had once draped xir frame. The Lord of the Forest didn't need to attend Knowledge's host further at that moment, he had done far far more than Gate would have dreamed asking - xi would do xir best to not cause any further troubles or requests to him directly that day.

skieborne
And..I think that's close for now? Because I've certainly taken enough of your time and been unholy slow, for which I am extremely sorry. If you want to do a closer post of your own - or if you'd like to do more with this rp, let me know!

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers