Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Pokemon Academy

Back to Guilds

This is a discussion guild for all aspects of Pokemon - games, anime, TCG, fan art, etc. We even have a roleplay and minigame forum. 

Tags: Pokemon, games, anime, discussion, roleplaying 

Reply Gaian Pokemon Academy
Amazing/Awesome/OMGWTF Catches Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMG POLL!!!
OMG GOLDZ!!!
100%
 100%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 36

RoseNitemare

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:35 pm
What was your most surprising catch that you couldn't belive that it actually worked?
For example, I caught a Moltres with a great ball once. Sadly I just recently started a new game and I don't have it any more... gonk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:42 pm
I caught Cresselia with a ultra ball, before it could escape. I can't remember if I used sleep or another attack like it.

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

RoseNitemare

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 pm
Sweet. I don't know if it's true or not, but an old friend of mine said that he caught a Moltres (or a different legendary) with a poke ball. O.o

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:48 pm
If it's true, I have to say that must of been a heck of a battle.

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

RoseNitemare

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:13 pm
Seriously...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 pm
It was a pain trying to catch legendaries with a great such as Palkia in Pearl (I was out of ultra balls). He creamed me and made me broke, so I had to restart from my last save and stock up on ultras. I have a level limit on my poke balls which others probably do the same.

Poke - Pokemon up to level 20
Great - Pokemon from level 21 to 40
Ultra - Pokemon from level 41 and up/Legendaries
Master - For difficult legenderies, since D/P has many I haven't used it yet (I want Arceaus (sp?))

I don't really use other poke balls except dusks because those rock! And I love when a Pokemon comes out of one. I use dusks as poke, great, and ultra balls, but only if I have a lot. Hahahaha, all this talking about it makes me want to play again. I haven't played it in months and I haven't played in constantly since it came out and I got all possible Pokemon on Pearl.

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

Sir Upper Crust the 3rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:52 am
Most amazing catch? The year was 90 something, Pokemon Blue version. I had an incredibly drawn out battle against MewTwo, I'd done the game over several times at this point, and I finally aptured the guy with a great ball. He kept swating it away on me, but eventually I lowered his defenses and put him to sleep long enough to catch him. Took me 37 great balls, but I got em.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:21 pm
Nice! Did you lose anyone in your party?

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

Sawaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:28 pm
My most amazing catch...

Probably Moltres, Articuno AND Zapdos in Yellow. Caught all of them with great balls.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:50 pm
wow. we have some pretty cool catches... I'll have to try catching dialga with a poke ball just to see how far i get. xd

RoseNitemare

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:42 pm
You are insane! If you pull that off, I'll bow to you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:15 pm
it's not the catch but more the encounter that surprised me
diamond, eterna forest, 1 badge
shiney bunery, poke'ball
never saw it coming  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:10 pm
Nice! I haven't seen a shiny since Pokemon Gold.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:47 am
My first go through Pokemon Blue years and years ago. Before I knew anything about anything and it was just haphazard exploring. Got into Cerulean Cave, wandered around for HOURS. Encountered Mewtwo (by now had learned to save before fighting legendaries). Most of my strongest team had been KO'd finding Mewtwo (back when it was good to fight EVERYTHING) so I didn't have much to go with. It started with Recover, and my Starmie used Ice Beam. Froze Mewtwo solid. Then, it was just a matter of whittling down its HP to capture it. Used every Great and Ultra Ball in my possession after it was weak enough, but finally caught it in a Pokeball. It was the most amazing capture ever, and nothing has surpassed that in my years of Pokemon experiences.

Airelesanya
Captain

Dedicated Trainer

15,950 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

insaner2play

Friendly Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:13 am
Are you freaking kidding me, Anya? You caught a Mewtwo with a Pokeball? *bows* I shall be your PokeServant from this day forward. *bows again*

What did you do the the Master ball then?

Gaian Pokemon Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff