Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:38 pm
Gidget nods and releases the woman's hand. She runs in the direction of Trinity and the thief. She made sure to keep it at a "normal" pace. She didn't want people to know what she is, not after what had happened. The fear, the fighting, the suffering. She didn't want that again.

She approaches the two of them, coming up behind Trinity. Her ears had picked up the exchange between the two. She shouts, "Wait!" She comes to a halt, not breathing heavily...or at all for that matter.

"You don't have to steal to eat. Let's talk about this."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:53 pm
When Gidget arrives she pulled the wallet out of her pocket and gives the wallet back to her. She hoped Gidget's words would reach out to the girl, she wished it didn't have to be this way. With her confrontation over, Trinity places her hood over her head.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:55 pm
"What's to talk about? You get to keep your damn money, that's all you really care about, ain't it?" Deora said over her shoulder as she continued down the sidewalk. The brunette probably wanted her to come back so she could make a citizen's arrest, or keep her there until the cops came. She thought about turning around, maybe she'd get some food in prison before they kicked her back out into the street. Who'd be watching her place, though? She'd likely return to see her old. stained mattress gone, or her trashy room home to some other homeless bum.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:13 pm
Trinity thought she should really listen to what Gidget had to say. She calls out to her, "Please stop and listen!" Knowing full well that the girl wouldn't listen to her words, the girl's shadow shifted into a sticky tar-like substance, as an emphasis on the word stop. She looks to Gidget and gestured her to continue and smiled to her, "She's all yours..."  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:25 pm
Gidget shakes her head and jogs to catch up to the girl. "No, what I care about is why you took my wallet. You shouldn't have to steel to eat. Let me help you."

Gidget's eyes shift spectrum again. This time to check for signs of the meteor cells. Her hunch was right. "It must be hard, being afraid of what you are? Thinking that everyone wants you dead because of something you had no control over?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:39 pm
Deora stumbled as her feet stuck to the ground, and her hair fell in front of her face as she struggled to get free. She hated dealing with other meteor freaks. "I'm not afraid of what I am, everyone else is!" She said to the brunette. "My own family thinks I'm a freak! They kicked me out on the street to fend for myself, what would you know about that?"  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:41 pm
Trinity followed Gidget. It didn't occur to her that the girl could have been a meta-human. When Gidget asked the question memories of searching for others like her when the meteor hit.

She remembered how lonely it felt before she found the others, how much she tried to keep it a secret. People merely assumed that she'd died her hair a funky color and had surgery on her ears and she merely accepted that train of thought and said that's what it is and left it there.

Though it seems, unlike this girl she had loving parents that loved and supported her even after the meteor hit and changed her. Things may be even harder for being a meta-human these days, especially with the government program and all.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:48 pm
Gidget slowly approaches the girl, her eyes genuinely affectionate and empathetic. "You're right, I don't know what that's like. My parents died before I was hit thirteen years ago. But my brother..." She pauses for a moment, thoughts of Shane bringing non-existent tears into her eyes.

She comes up to within arms reach of the girl, and extends her hand softly. "You don't have to be what they think you are. Don't let them win like this. You didn't want to live your life fighting to survive before you were hit, did you? You still have a choice. Please let me help you."

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:03 pm
Deora just looked at the woman extending a hand to her. "Why should you care about me?" She asked, brushing the hair out of her eyes. SHe'd just tried to rob this woman and now she was offering to help her? There had to be a catch.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Gidget smiled awkwardly, "If I didn't have my friends to take care of me, I would've probably done what you are doing now. I'm where I am now because of the people I love. You shouldn't be robbed of that love because of ignorant hatred."

She keeps her hand extended out to the girl and says, "My name is Agatha, but I hate that name. You can call me Gidget, that's what my friends call me."

Rikki Tikki Travi

JewJewBeans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm
Justine sighed as she apologized to some of the waitresses before she stared down the road. She stopped when she heard the conversation going on down the road. She listened intently, but didn't say anything. So.... They weren't normal. They were like her. She smiles somewhat as she confined down the street toasted her apartment.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:30 pm
Deora thought about what the woman had said, looking at the concrete at her feet. The woman, Gidget, was right; this wasn't how she wanted to live. She wanted something more. She slowly raised her hand, and took hold of Gidget's. She wanted so badly for her words to be true; she didn't want people to think she was a freak. She wanted help. She was tired of running, fighting and hiding all the time. "Okay." She said, trying to keep tears out of her voice and eyes. She just wanted to be normal, but maybe these people could help her deal with what she was now.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 pm
Trinity let the girl go, her shadow was no longer sticky, once Gidget introduced herself. Next she will offer the opportunity to join Vallhalla. A choice she had to make years ago. In fact as she recalled it was Gidget that offered that opportunity as well. She didn't want to force the girl to make her decision, she had to be willing to join.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:11 pm
Gidget smiles sweetly and shakes the girls hand. Although her hands are warm they seem to feel strange. Like the bones aren't the way they should be. "I'm always happy to make new friends. You said you were hungry. Howabout we get you something to eat eh? Do you like Denny's?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces