Nintendo Just Announced the 2DS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ecopper12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 am
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/nintendo-announces-2ds

I mean, I understand that it's offering people an option to play 3DS games in 2D, but...They kinda have an option for that already. It's even BUILT in to the 3DS. It's called the 3D slider. You can move it up and down and turn down the level of the 3D, and even turn it completely off.

Nintendo.

What you just did was take a small function off of a handheld already on the market, and ship it back out somehow DECREASING the functionality (no folding) and called it a day.

Brilliant move, Nintendo. Outstanding.

User Image

[/endscarcam]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 am
they could have ATLEAST set it up with a second thumbstick. theres now way a circle pad pro will be made for that.  

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 pm
This is one of the most retarded things they've made.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:13 pm
It's hilariously retarded but for various reasons.

Nintendo is creating a new problem for itself. The Wii U has had trouble in the market because people don't REALIZE it's not just a tablet controller for the Wii. The 3DS has had the same problem (slightly) but with the 2DS, every (grand)parent this holiday season is going to be befuddled and every Walmart and Gamestop employee is going to have a speech down about both the Wii U and (2/3)DS.

On top of that, this is the least functional 3DS made. Can it even go into sleep mode? Will anyone that buys it even want to take it anywhere when it doesn't fold up and is so uncompact? If not, what's the point? It's the Game Boy Micro. It's the Wii Mini. Why does it exist?

Nintendo has also created a class division. Anyone that has the 2DS obviously has an inferior product. Not just in the same way that the GBASP or DSLite is superior to its predecessor... the 2DS is the NEW one yet it doesn't fold, doesn't do 3D and has ******** MONO ******** sound. Again, who is this for?

They're claiming it's for children. Any child that gets this would likely be disappointed that it isn't a REAL 3DS. Anyone seen using one of these in public will get curious looks as to why they have it.

I just don't understand. I want to, but it seems like a real misstep. I don't want this to be the 3DS I see in every add from now on. I don't want to read "2DS Compatible" on every ******** game I ever buy. It bothers me that it exists and it seems like it will only serve to confuse the market and cause the 3DS's momentum to diminish.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 pm
it can sleep still, its a switch on the bottom. but yeah everything about this product is wrong. the only redeemign quality they coulda given it is make it bullet proof. then people growin up in the hood could buy one to save their lives.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:38 pm
I remember reading that 3D screens were more than half the cost of production in a 3DS. This may have only been true at launch, but something tells me that the profit margins on the 2DS are huge, and this is nintendo's way of subsidizing the 50 dollar price drop of the WiiU.

I think they know that this holiday season they'll be finally moving some WiiUs to people who already own 3DSes, but people who don't have a 3DS probably won't go for a wiiU.

And which market of people don't have 3DSes but will want them in the near future? It's probably the elementary school crowd.

I mean, if Nintendo can successfully disengage them from Minecraft...

There's no doubt to me that this will be a short term boon for Nintendo, but I don't think it'll be healthy for the 3DS brand in the long run. Also Nintendo has become pretty terrible at naming things lately.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm
[Kegan]
I remember reading that 3D screens were more than half the cost of production in a 3DS. This may have only been true at launch, but something tells me that the profit margins on the 2DS are huge...
Seriously. The screen on the 2DS is just one, big, continuous screen, so it's even LESS than expected. Not to mention no hinges, which are the part every DS has to have replaced and no 3D. I'm kind of surprised it's not MORE, but you can only lower the price so much before it starts to feel cheap.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:23 am
SO STUPID JUST LIKE BEN AFFLECK WHO MAKES ME SO MAD.

GO SUCK SUPERMAN'S d**k BEN AFFLECK YOU GAY ********, WHILE YOU PLAY YOUR SHITTY 2DS YOU f*****t GAY!  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 am
NO IR NO CIRCLE PAD PRO NO HOPE  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:19 pm
[Kegan]
NO IR NO CIRCLE PAD PRO NO HOPE
yeah if they really wanted to make it seem better the pad pro would be built in instead of attached later and take its own battery  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:34 am
I think they just want the second circle pad to be an option. If they just had two control sticks it would just be a portable Wii U, more or less, wouldn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:27 pm
well Wiiu cant play 3DS games. 3DS cant play Wiiu games.

theres nothing wrong with the wiiu pads control setup it works well, it could work just as well for the 3DS as well. otherwise the circle pad pro wouldn't of even been made.

all im sayin. make it cheap but at the same time make it nice. they went and made it completely bare bones compared to the XL.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:41 pm
No, I mean, there's no IR sensor on the 2DS, so it can't have a circe pad pro. Or employ the IR sensor at all. Which means nintendo's pretty much decided to never make it essential or useful.

This is just based on looking at it, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:00 pm
Oh, it's above the game slot. A lot thinner now, but I can't think of what else it could be.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces