Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
MOP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demon Wolf Kyra

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm
Herro Beautiful People :3

I just decided to post this since I've been getting more active in my GSA and the different events even if I've just barely touched the tip of the iceberg

over summer I went to Long Beach Pride Parade/Fair which was really awesome! Getting all decked out and crazy and dancing and talking to awesome people it's so fun but not really "kid friendly" at least around where I am xD
I also went to West Hollywood Pride Parade/Fair which was even better. They know how to party haha
So yeah I loved it because even though people are dressed pretty crazy and odd they are some of the nicest people I've met. And it's just a very fun environment :3

Another one I've done 2 years now is the AIDS Walk which is also pretty fun aside from the sun and heat. But you raise awareness and money for a good cause meet some awesome supportive peeps and goof around xD

But the most recent and newest I've done and probably my favorite so far was Models Of Pride biggrin
It's this huge conference with different workshops and events and it was really amazing. There were again, more awesome people everyone so extremely nice which really makes someone shy like me feel welcomed because I had no problem going up and talking to people :3 felt nice
I went to three classes, "Queer In History" which was very interesting "Dream Interpretation" and "Astrology" <--very interesting presentation. And it was really hard to choose between the different workshops there were so many awesome ones I literally just had to flip coins xD and there was the entertainment near the end which was a blast but unfortunately I had to leave before the dance D= but I plan on staying for the whole thing next time ^^

but yes these are what I have done so far and I'm always on the look out for more x3
so if any of you know more pweeeeeaase tell me any :3 my school's GSA would love have more x3 <33333  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:31 pm
Oh, wow, that stuff sounds amazing. Too bad they don't do anything like that in Utah. At least not that I've seen. I'm gonna join in with requests for info on Pride Parades or Pride Festivals, whatever. Thanks!  

Lord Jeremy of Waffle

Dapper Genius

Demon Wolf Kyra

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 pm
Anonemuss385
Oh, wow, that stuff sounds amazing. Too bad they don't do anything like that in Utah. At least not that I've seen. I'm gonna join in with requests for info on Pride Parades or Pride Festivals, whatever. Thanks!

Yeah I think Utah might be a little bit harder but I'm sure there is something...but it's also not uncommon for some people to even travel outta state for these if they are really itching to go
Good luck to ya! :3 <3 And I might be able to help search around if you need it  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games