Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shoujo Mahou Requiem

Back to Guilds

Think All Shoujo Is Sparkles And Hugs? Think Again! 

Tags: Yaoi, Yuri, Literate, Mixed Genre, Anti-Drama Llama 

Reply Promise of Privacy - One xOne Role Plays
Make Me a Match

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shojo-Sparkle-Fish
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 pm
Matchmaker Matchmaker,
Make me a match
Find me a find,

Catch me a catch

This is a 1x1 role play featuring I Want To Be Your Light and Shojo-Sparkle-Fish. It contains Yaoi, but I don't think we have to worry about warnings in this guild. lol

Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your books

And make me a perfect match

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:47 pm
User Image
[ // I don't have to be anyone other
Than the birth of two souls in one
// ]

[ // I'm surrounded by liars
everywhere I turn // ]

[ // I'm surrounded by imposters
everywhere I turn // ]

[ // I'm surrounded by identity crisis
everywhere I turn // ]

[ // Am I the only one who noticed?
I can't be the only one who's learned!
// ]

Michael stared up at the sign that read "Compatibility Inc." and sighed. Damn his meddlesome secretary Faye for setting up this stupid appointment. Faye was a romantic that believed in soul mates, and that Michael needed a significant other to complete his life. He liked the girl, she was an amazing assistant, but this was going a bit far. Logically, he knew that he was handsome. At six feet six inches with a muscular frame, he was the type that commanded attention. His attitude was a bit more closed off, which often led to people thinking him a cold-hearted b*****d. So why was he even here? Because his assistant was also crafty, and had extracted a promise from him that he would go.

Normally, that wouldn't stop a guy like him from just going and then giving it up at the first convenient moment. However, Michael's manly pride and honor refused to let him be half-assed about this. He was a highly successful businessman and he had never gone back on his word. That and as much as he hated to admit it, there were days he hated coming home to an empty house.

So here he was stomping up to the counter where a smiling girl handed him a form and told him that his consultant would be right out. At the look on his face, she reassured him that the consultant was the best in the business. "If anyone can find you that special someone it would be him." she spoke with a perky tilt of her head. Michael had to keep from choking on the sweetness she radiated. "Thanks..." he replied in a slightly disbelieving tone.

Michael settled in one of the chairs and proceeded to fill in the boxes with his answers. He was slightly surprised when there was box to indicate sexual orientation. He had to give the place credit. At least they weren't one of those close-minded places or something. Michael proudly marked "bisexual" and couldn't help the little flutter that made him think he might just find something worth while here.  

Shojo-Sparkle-Fish
Crew

I Want To Be Your Light

2,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:01 pm
User Image// KIM // SOO-YEUNG //User Image
User Image

<3
Cupid Draw Back Your Bow
&
<3Let Your Arrow Go
<3Straight To My Lover's Heart

<3Cupid Please Hear My Cry
&
<3Let Your Arrow Fly
<3For Me
User Image

Compatibility Inc. A matchmaking company that was known for it's success rate. People were almost always coming to the place in search for that special someone. Though there were plenty of consultants, there was one who was known for his abilities.

Kim Soo-Yeung had been working at Compatibility Inc for four years now. He had the highest success rate and you could easily say he wasn't bad looking himself. People said he had charm to him. Other's liked to call him Cupid, just for the fun of it. He met every customer with a smile and gave them his absolute promise that he would find them the perfect person.

He'd just gotten out of a meeting with a pair he'd matched together. They were there to check-in with him and let him know how things were going. As they walked out he got a hug from the young woman. "Thanks so much Kim!" He laughed lightly and hugged her back lightly. "You can call me anytime if you need some advice." His watch went off and he patted her shoulder. "Sorry guys I got another appoinment."

Kim ran off quickly and came down the stairs his long braid flying out behind him as he skidded to a stop at the counter. "Hey there sugar, sorry I'm late." The receptionist chuckled and pointed to the spikey haired business man who was sitting down. Kim took a look at him and put on his best smile. It was bright and friendly. He walked over to the taller male and extended a hand to him. "Welcome to Compatibility Inc. My name is Kim Soo-Yeung. Just call me Kim. I'll be your guide to true love." He joked and chuckled warmly. "It's a pleasure to meet you."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:56 pm
User Image
// ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

// ]

Michael looked up from the form to meet the eyes of a long haired man. The man's smile was bright and the extended hand was welcoming. His mouth was moving but Michael found it hard to pay attention to that. If he'd had any doubts about his orientation, they would have been shattered by the charming creature in front of him. Suddenly reason and sanity reasserted itself and made him pay attention to what was actually being said.

Michael was all business again. Just because the person hooking him up with people he didn't know was hot didn't mean he wanted to be here. He smiled at the joke the man, whom his brain now remembered was named Kim, made about being his guide to love. He gave Kim a polite smile and a shook his hand. "Pleased to meet you too. I'm Michael Edwards, but you can just call me Michael." There was no sense being rude to the man who was likely going to be wasting his time trying to find Michael's "soul mate".

He glanced down at the form in his hands. There were only a few questions left to answer. He held up the form for Kim to see. "You want me to finish this? I have to admit, I haven't done anything like this before." Might as well prepare the guy for a uphill battle...  

Shojo-Sparkle-Fish
Crew

I Want To Be Your Light

2,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm
User Image

<3
Cupid Draw Back Your Bow
&
<3Let Your Arrow Go

&
<3Let Your Arrow Fly
<3For Me
User Image

Kim couldn't help himself but to look the man over. He was trained to think of physical and mental compadibility. That and he also couldn't help himself but to think that this Michael was certainly well defined. Kim's inner self giggled and sang some silly diddy about the situation. Kim ignored that part of him. More then not he found that men he found attractive came in to find their true love. They were either straight or they were bisexual. By the way that Michael looked at him he was guessing the second answer was correct.

Kim was glad to hear a chuckle to his joke. It just made him smile brighter. "Michael it is then." He nodded and then looked at the paper shown to him. He smirked and shook his head. "If this is your first time then we can finish the paper work together. I'd like to go over it with you anyway." He went ahead and took the papers from Michael. Looking over them with a bright smile all the time. He looked Michael over once more and nodded. "Well then Michael, I give you my personal garuntee that I will find you the perfect soul mate. Swear to god." He made an X over his heart with his finger and then motioned towards a small glass office with overstuffed chairs.

Kim led Michael to the office and closed the door behind them. Once they were seated he went over the paper work with Michael and then helped him finish filling it out. Afterwards he dug through his files and pulled out a folder of pictures. They were of women and men that matched most of what Michael had said. "Well let's start looking! I'll go over these with you and don't worry about choosing just yet. This will mostly give me an idea of your physical prefrences."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:48 pm
User Image
// ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

// ]

As they walked toward Kim's office Michael thought about what had been said. Kim had guaranteed to find him his "perfect soul mate". Even if Michael believed in soul mates, he knew for a fact that no one was perfect. He wasn't asking for someone to fawn over him with expressions of love or anything. In fact, the thought of a relationship that sugary and sparkly made him light headed. Really all he wanted was a partner. Someone who covered your weaknesses and complemented your strengths. He didn't think he was asking for much... But maybe that's what Kim meant by soul mate.... He would just have to wait and see.

With the paperwork done, Kim started pulling out pictures. "Physical preferences"? Oh boy... Michael scanned the pictures seeing several with potential. Michael had to keep from sighing in frustration. This whole situation was awkward and he was totally out of his element. Business wasn't strait forward by any means, but at least it was a demon Michael knew. But damn it, he said he would try and he was damn well going to give it all he had. And so he selected a couple of pictures and tried not to let his discomfort show on his face.

Curiosity poked at him though. He had to wonder if Kim could guarantee success because he had found his "soul mate". Pretending to keep looking at the pictures he casually asked, "So, do you have someone special?" Michael looked Kim in the eyes with a serious look and was again caught by how striking Kim was. "I don't mean to be rude or anything. I'm just curious."  

Shojo-Sparkle-Fish
Crew

I Want To Be Your Light

2,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:15 am
User Image

<3
Cupid Draw Back Your Bow
&
<3Let Your Arrow Go

&
<3Let Your Arrow Fly
<3For Me
User Image

Kim had been in this business for long enough to be able to tell when someone was uncomfortable. He was paying attention to what was being said, but also to Michael. He watched every facial twitch and sign. He could tell when there was something wrong with a person by the way Michael's eyebrow would furrow just slightly. Or he could tell when Michael wasn't sure by the way his lips would twitch.

Kim was a professional people person. He was there to read people and learn how to make them happy. He was also paid to make it seem like he wasn't extending so much work on his clients. His company didn't want to get sued and in this time people could do that just for a look. So he was very good at hiding such things.

"Don't worry it's not rude at all. I'm helping you with your private life, it's only fitting that you'd ask about mine." He explained and smiled warmly. Meeting that serious gaze with no hesitation. "I'm sorry to disappoint, but I don't actually have anyone. " He had had a boyfriend once before and a girlfriend, but both had said he was too flamboyant. Well that and that he cared more about the people he counciled then about them. Kim found it slightly distressing to know they felt that way, but as the motto went. "Sometimes even Cupid needs a little help."

He finished with the pictures and then looked at his computer screen briefly. He already had some ideas on who he thought might go well with Michael. However he had some other questions to ask first. "So, I'm afraid I do have one more question. You don't have to answer me if you don't want to, it's optional. However it will help me in finding the person who's right for you. Can you tell me about your past relationships at all?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:44 pm
User Image
// ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

// ]

Michael breathed a sigh of relief he didn't realize he'd been holding when Kim just smiled and answered his question in such a professional manner. Kim wasn't pretending to be someone he wasn't. It was delightfully refreshing. Michael couldn't believe this man was still single. How could someone not appreciate Kim's energy and passion in what he was doing?

At the question about his relationships Michael let a thoughtful expression come onto his face. His few forays into the world of love have been... interesting. "I haven't really had a lot of relationships. I lead a very busy life, and most of the women I've met want more attention than I feel capable of giving. And then the few men who are interested have heard about my sexual preferences and just want to try to get ahead." Michael spoke in a matter of fact way. He wasn't telling Kim about these things to get pity. He had long since put those times behind him. But Kim had asked and he deserved to be answered.

Micheal shrugged. "In all honesty, this wasn't really my idea. My secretary put me up to it." At that he looked Kim right in the eye and gave him a determined look. "But since I gave my word, I'm going to do my best to make this work regardless. So lay it on me, Mr. Cupid."  

Shojo-Sparkle-Fish
Crew

I Want To Be Your Light

2,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 am
User Image

<3
Cupid Draw Back Your Bow
&
<3Let Your Arrow Go

&
<3Let Your Arrow Fly
<3For Me
User Image

Kim was...surprised to hear that Michael hadn't had many relationships. As the other spoke he looked him up and down. Michael was certainly good looking, and from what Kim had seen; he had a good personality too. So what was there missing? "....busy life..." Aha! Now they were getting somewhere.

Kim had to admit that he felt a little bad that Michael had somewhat been forced to come here. However he seemed committed and that was all Kim needed. He could understand a little bit. After all it seemed like they had gone through some similar situations. That meant that Kim should be able to connect a little more. This was great! He was certain that he could help Michael.

Without a second though he took Michael's hand in both of his and gave a genuine grin.
"Alright! I'll do my best!"

And thus, a promise was made in his mind. He would do whatever it took to get Michael his soul mate.

[TIME SKIP]

It had only taken Kim two days before he'd set up a date for Michael and Julieta. She had a good work ethic, came from a good background, and was looking for someone who wouldn't want to fawn over her all the time. Normally they would have three days to check in with Kim and let him know how things had gone. However with this case, he couldn't wait that long. So he called Julieta the day after.
"Oh, Kim. I'm sorry, but I don't think it's going to work out. Michael was...just not my type..."The rest of the conversation didn't go very well, but she wouldn't explain everything. So Kim called Michael. Maybe he would be more willing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 pm
User Image
// ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

// ]

Michael was finishing up some paperwork when Faye knocked on his door before leaning in with a sly smile. "Cupid, line one." she spoke as she entered the office. He thanked her with a nod and turned to the phone on his desk and the little flashing light. To be honest he was expecting this call, and also partially dreading it. It was perfectly natural to have given Kim his work number. After all he was at work more often than not and his personal cell phone was mostly unused unless in an emergency. No, the thing he was dreading was having to explain last night.

He picked up the receiver and was about to push the button when he notice Faye had yet to leave. He raised an eyebrow at her. She smiled and waved her hands, "Sorry, boss. You can't blame a girl for trying." Among other things, Faye was queen of the rumor mill and this escapade was about as juicy as rumors got in the building. Michael was just glad she wasn't malicious in her rumor mongering, and used it more to keep him informed about the lower ranks of his company. "I'll tell you later." he said simply and punched the button to take the call off hold. He heard her say, "You'd better." before he heard the door swing shut leaving him alone in the office.

He sighed as he got asked how the date went. Here is what he was dreading. "That's the thing, Kim. The date went fine." And it had, truly. Dinner was delicious, they found plenty to talk about. It was when they went to leave that it turned strange. They had accidentally bumped into some guy that Julieta knew apparently, and the two quickly became lost in their own conversation. Michael wasn't about to be rude and interrupt, and the conversation ended quickly enough that it wasn't awkward. He explained the situation to Kim and as he remembered the scene he realized something. "It was like a scene out of a romance movie, and I was not the leading man. I'm not mad about it, though. That's the weirdest part, I'm actually not upset at all." He sighed again and ran a hand through his hair. This romance stuff was confusing and more than a little frustrating. Kim made it seem so easy, and most of Michael's interactions with his personal Cupid made sense in ways that his date last night never had. "Is this kind of thing unusual? I'm really out of my element here...." He felt a little bad for asking so many questions all the time, but just like in any other venture he liked to listen to the experts and take their advise.  

Shojo-Sparkle-Fish
Crew

I Want To Be Your Light

2,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:15 pm
User Image

color=red]<3Cupid Draw Back Your Bow
&
<3Let Your Arrow Go

&
<3Let Your Arrow Fly
<3For Me
User Image

Kim listened to what had happened. He thought it over and remembered something about a boyfriend she liked but had dumped her. He sighed to himself as he leaned back in his chair and chewed on his pencil. He was nodding and then shaking his head, but realized that the man on the other end couldn't see him. "Oh no, no. It's not unusual. I've had similar happen before. Unfortunately love is very fickle and complicated. There really isn't a usual or unusual to it." He explained and put his feet on his desk as he thought.

Kim then got an idea. "Ah! I have an idea!" Kim was practically glowing. "Tomorrow at eight! I'll have a date waiting for you at Heaven. It's on 10th street downtown. You can't miss it!" With that he hung up and quickly dashed out of his office. Kim had the best way to figure out exactly what Michael needed!

[Eight o'clock The next Day]

Kim was in his night clothes. A mid drift shirt and a pair of loose black slacks. (the outfit in the picture) He played with the bracelets on his wrists as he waited. The thing he'd forgotten to tell Michael was that he was going to be his date. He wanted to get a first hand experience of what Michael was like on a date. That way he could set him up with someone based on a compatibility of interests on a daily basis. He hoped he wouldn't be too mad or disappointed. He'd already gotten them a table at the dance club/restaurant and was waiting with a glass of soda.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:18 pm
User Image
// ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

everywhere I turn // ]

// ]

Michael had heard of Heaven before. He dressed casual, well casual for him. It was a suit like usual, but the first four buttons on his shirt were open and he was missing the tie. (Appearance in pic, but less buttons undone.) The guy at the door sitting people observed him and nodded politely. "Do you have a reservation?" Michael gave him his name and the man smiled brightly. "Right this way."

Suddenly the music got louder and the bodies on the dance-floor seemed to move even closer together. Paralyzer by Finger Eleven blared out of every corner of the restaurant. It was obviously a crowd favorite. They approached the tables and Michael slowed his step for a moment. The familiar man sitting at the table was a surprise; a pleasant one, but a surprise non-the-less.

When he walked up to the table he smirked at both the irony of the song and the attractive outfit worn by his personal cupid. "Is this business or pleasure?"  

Shojo-Sparkle-Fish
Crew

I Want To Be Your Light

2,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:54 pm
User Image

<3Cupid Draw Back Your Bow
&
<3Let Your Arrow Go

&
<3Let Your Arrow Fly
<3For Me
User Image

It wasn't long until Michael showed up. Kim noticed him before he approached the table and twiddled with his braid a bit. No matter how many times he did this it still made him nervous at first. However he pulled himself together and put on his best playful smile. Just in time for his "date" to arrive at the table. Kim played with a bit of his hair and gave a flirtatious, almost shy glance to the side. "Well I like to think I take pleasure from my business..." He laughed and shook his head. "This is to help me get to know you better. Think of me as any other date. I just want to be able to give you the best chance at love possible."

Kim was on his feet and took Michael's hand with a passionate smile. "I look forward to having a fun time!" He pulled out the chair for his date and returned to his own seat. "I hope you don't mind, I ordered us an appetizer sampler." That reminded him. He looked up and got a serious but pleasant expression. "Tonight is on me, so order anything you want."

((Aoi found the mistake in my format and fixed it for me))  
Promise of Privacy - One xOne Role Plays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games