Welcome to Gaia! ::

Horrorize Me, Cap'n!

Back to Guilds

Take all the innocent things you've ever loved, and make them HORROR! 

Tags: Horror, Video Games, Movies, Mortal Kombat 

Reply Outworld - The Mortal Kombat Forum
freddy krouger DLC

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

adult ness19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:06 am
please be mature about your opinions youtubes got enough flamers to burn down the fire dept twice wahmbulance wahmbulance
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:20 am
Ughh....Not in an MK game. I just don't think it makes since. I like the way he seems to play, and the idea behind it, but it doesn't seem like a fit for MK.

What they should have is a fighting game centered around Famous Thriller characters as it's own game. That would be entertaining. Just think, Frankenstein v.s. Dracula etc., just not in MK....it doesn't work for me. Not at all.  

The King of Misery

Biohazard EXTREME
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:46 am
Quote:
PlayStation.Blog: So what is the inspiration for bringing Freddy Krueger to Mortal Kombat as a DLC character?

Ed Boon, Creative Director, Netherrealm Studios: It was a number of things. It’s kind of hard to choose a character who would fit well into the Mortal Kombat universe, with the blood and violence that’s so associated with it. Kratos from God of War is a brutal, bloody character, so he makes sense. When we had the discussions about the DLC characters, we knew that we wanted to add a returning character, a new character, but also a guest character. That was one of the goals right from the beginning. A number of names were run by us: Jason, Michael Myers and all those guys. Freddy Kreuger, we felt, was the most instantly recognizable and he fits in with Mortal Kombat with his claws. It just seemed like the best fit.

PSB: Did you base Freddy off the 80s films or the reboot movie from a few years back?

EB: Well…that’s a good question. We didn’t try to make him look like the actor Robert Englund, I don’t even know if we would be allowed to….Admittedly, I didn’t see the latest movie, the remake. But obviously the first few movies were huge — they left an undeniable mark on pop culture. When I look at him, I think of the original Freddy: he’s got the striped sweater and is instantly recognizable. He’s Freddy in general, we don’t really identify him as one version or another.

Gee, Ed, really? I dunno, he looks an awful lot like the new Freddy....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
The King of Misery
What they should have is a fighting game centered around Famous Thriller characters as it's own game. That would be entertaining. Just think, Frankenstein v.s. Dracula etc., just not in MK....it doesn't work for me. Not at all.

When I first joined Gaia 5/6 years ago, my first avi I created was called King of Slashers. I named if after this comic book idea I heavily developed at the time, which basically ran with your famous thriller characters premise.

I created a 100 issues series that spanned 5 "tournaments", or 20 issues each. Like I said, I heavily developed this idea, so I had the plot down for every single issue.

If you want, for my and possibly your amusement, I can share the premise of each tournament with you.  

King of Paradise
Vice Captain

Outworld - The Mortal Kombat Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces