Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Hunter

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
way to easy and gave to much gold .. ruined Gaia economy ..

Dapper Loiterer

HustlingGirl

ruined the gaia economy? xD
hardly.
It was easy yes. You could play through most of the game just by yourself. But it also had difficult dungeons that required a full crew w/ buffs. zOMG was great because it had a little bit of everything to appeal to a large audience.
In case you were just trolling...then whoops my bad. Continue on with your fun.

Original Gaian

10,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Mage 100
The game itself was fun and challenging. It taught players how to communicate and work together to defeat bosses and get through levels. The dialogue was pretty nice, and for a 2D interface, the animations were pretty cool. The sheer determination and effort put into getting through a boss battle for the first time with a group of new friends is a fun experience, even if it doesn't seem like such a big deal. Even when farming for gold, there were plenty of interesting conversations. I don't think it was zOMG! alone that ruined Gaia's economy, even if it did supply us with plenty of gold. The game itself wasn't about gold. Whether or not anyone agrees with me, I honestly enjoyed playing it and will cherish the good times forever.

Invisible Hunter

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
Shiny Greninja
The game itself was fun and challenging. It taught players how to communicate and work together to defeat bosses and get through levels. The dialogue was pretty nice, and for a 2D interface, the animations were pretty cool. The sheer determination and effort put into getting through a boss battle for the first time with a group of new friends is a fun experience, even if it doesn't seem like such a big deal. Even when farming for gold, there were plenty of interesting conversations. I don't think it was zOMG! alone that ruined Gaia's economy, even if it did supply us with plenty of gold. The game itself wasn't about gold. Whether or not anyone agrees with me, I honestly enjoyed playing it and will cherish the good times forever.
I guess your right it was the reason I came back to gaia after 3 years afk, and its not here anymore.

Agile Noob

HustlingGirl

I did not ruin much until Gaia started to hoard gcash and sell those gold generator.

Original Gaian

10,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Daniel Hyuuga
HustlingGirl

I did not ruin much until Gaia started to hoard gcash and sell those gold generator.

They actually did that?! Dang, no wonder. -.- I came back one day to find all the marketplace listings overpriced and wondered what had happened while I was gone.

Perfect Saint

It was true back in 2010 that zOMG, along with Booty Grab, were major factors in the inflation of that era. However, this inflation was considered anomalous so the developers, particularly Panagrammic, started instituting caps or nerfs so that people no longer earned so much gold back 5 years ago. It was a different time then.

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
HustlingGirl

I would be extremely curious to see your facts to back up how?

As far as zomg itself, it was fun and challenging you got to hang out with your gaia friends and to use your avatar in the game.
it had a simple straightforwards mechanic that let newbies get their feet planted on gaia.
Zomg was what made gaia come alive for me.
I remember how much fun it was to buy items with the gold i had just earned.
It gave me a feeling of whats next? and how far dose this go?
The game wasn't the most innovative on the net? but that didn't matter.
You could stop fighting monsters and hangout on the fields of your former battles.
Help other that were just starting out or just glory in the knowledge that you had leveled enough that the monsters in that area could no longer touch you in your earned level of badness.
Ill say this to anyone!
Glitchy, silly or down right goofy I always will love that game.
For untold thousands of users Gaia on line was Zomg!
Perhaps the saddest thing is that we will never know the full potential that simply game could have reached if it had been given the time and resources it needed.
Mores the pity.

Agile Noob

Shiny Greninja
Daniel Hyuuga
HustlingGirl

They actually did that?! Dang, no wonder. -.- I came back one day to find all the marketplace listings overpriced and wondered what had happened while I was gone.

Yes they did that and still do. It still available in GCash shop atm. Gold Generator Item is the actual culprit that destroys the economy. Subsequently increases the MP from (Angelic Halo) from 20M, 1B, 1T as well as the gold generator payout was increased too.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

TAKE THAT BACK!

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
zOMG! wasn't good enough for a lousy site like Gaia. 3nodding

iiNikki's Husband

Pure-hearted Bloodsucker

Regardless of difficulty it was a fun game with an active community. "Easy" is also subjective.
Gaia destroyed its economy with gold rigs, not zOMG.

Invisible Hunter

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
I think the could make a new game with pvp dueling as a feature and then this site would come back from the grave.. the way its going... this site will into the deep web..

Original Gaian

10,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Daniel Hyuuga
Shiny Greninja
Daniel Hyuuga
HustlingGirl

Yes they did that and still do. It still available in GCash shop atm. Gold Generator Item is the actual culprit that destroys the economy. Subsequently increases the MP from (Angelic Halo) from 20M, 1B, 1T as well as the gold generator payout was increased too.

Geeeeez. Thanks for telling me at least. crying Been wondering what had gone horribly wrong.
well the game didn't realy make the market go insain its the people selling the items ovecompisating on who will by things for overprice is what realy drives the economy up and people like me just try to sell things at reasonable prices even tho its a bad idea to do that now adays like I will admit my old account was a lvl10 item fetur that use to do a lot of runs just by itself and without teams in dugions whenever I sold an item it was par or lower then average price or if average was bull then lower and then when I come back gold is such a joke now adays I mean I remember when u spent hours in the slots, playing 21, fishing, doing puzzles, word bump, pinball just to earn your gear now its like hears the money and now u get stuff way to quick

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff