Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which character/creature would you like to see art of next?

Mikey 0.12941176470588 12.9% [ 11 ]
John 0.082352941176471 8.2% [ 7 ]
Fluffs (post which one) 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 35 ]
Father Garghoul 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 5 ]
Malevobear 0.16470588235294 16.5% [ 14 ]
Other: Please post 0.15294117647059 15.3% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

zOMC! A Comedy of Epic Portions.
Written by yours truly, Berryfarmer

What is it you say? A while back I asked forum goers questions about heroes and villains amongst the developers. This is the story produced from it.

Feel free to check out a contest I ran based on this work here

Another contest relating to Chapter 14: Name all the languages used and provide full translations and win yourself 50k.

Shortcuts to each chapter:
Character Bios

Arts
Character Concept: Guardian of Souls
Character Concept: Frosti the Snowman
Character Concept: Caterkiller / Magmapod / Lavafly the Dweller in the Deep
Character Concept: Tyres Rode, Sulaeh and Guardus
Character Concept: Bianca
Character Concept: Kerri
Character Concept: Doppelord (scroll down)
Creature Concept: Magma Fluff
Character Concept: Henry
Character Concept: KJ
Character Concept: Penelope
Creature Concept: UnDrones **WARNING** Image contains strong material involving zombie-like creatures. View at your own risk.
Character Concept: Jeremy
Character Concept: The Phantom

Design Process
Behind the Scenes Videos

The Story
Chapter 1: Origins
Chapter 2: Into the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 3: Zomgaians Unite
Chapter 4: General OMGWTF Moments
Chapter 5: Went to a Garden Party
Chapter 6: Lakeside Showdown
Chapter 7: The Battle of Four Armies
Chapter 8: Brawl on the Beach
Chapter 9: Dust and Deceit
Chapter 10: The Sealab X Factor: Part 1
Chapter 10: The Sealab X Factor: Part 2
Chapter 11: Journey Through Shadow
Chapter 12: Gnoman is an Island
Chapter 13: Frosti the Snowman was a Very Murderous Fellow
Chapter 14: Buried Alive Part 1, Part 2
Chapter 15: Inner Strength Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Chapter 16: Light on the Horizon Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Chapter 17: Falling into Dusk
Chapter 18: Heart of Midnight Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Chapter 19: Battle for Halloween Town Part 1, Part 2
Chapter 20: Confessions
Chapter 21: A Matter of Time Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
Chapter 22: Message in a Bottle
Chapter 23: The Enemy of My Enemy Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
Chapter 24: The Longest March
Chapter 25: The Labyrinths of Shadow Part 1, Part 2
Chapter 26: Scattered on the Wind Part 1, Part 2
Chapter 27: Rising Tide Part 1, Part 2
Chapter 28: Hearts Ablaze Part 1, Part 2

Fan Submission
Anari Group Shot by yiyiafiqa (I loved it, provides a very good visual of the Anari) From left to right: Hoshi, Archer, Deanna, Miles, Sisko, McCoy

Affiliates:
User Image

User Image

Link to me?

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/zomc-a-comedy-of-epic-portions-stop-the-phantom/t.72227249/][IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rerybc.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Have a suggestion? PM me, I'm open to ideas.
Feel free to leave feedback or thoughts.
Also a moderator response on this topic and it's continued presence in the zF:
Quote:
Gaidin
Okay, so a couple of days prior to this post, I moved this thread to the Fanfiction forum after receiving a report that the thread potentially didn't belong in the zOMG forum. After a look over the thread, I found that indeed was fan fiction.

However, after re-reviewing the thread, I am moving it back to the zOMG forum. While it is fan fiction and by the basic rules does fit in that forum, it has also been something that the community here has interacted with for quite some time. It has stayed on the topic of zOMG, and is most likely to be appreciated more here. So, while the rules can kind of tip either way in this case, I'm going to go with putting it back in the zOMG forum.

My apologies for the disruption.

~Gaidin
Gaia Online Moderator

Open for business.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Chapter 1: Origins

Sometime in the not so distant future…

“One last question before you go JK?” The bright eyed user waited to ask this the entire dev meet and now that [ JK ] was leaving she thought she should ask it.

“Sure what is it Kitty?”

“Do you wear boxers or briefs?” Kitty_01 asked.

Mikey who had been sitting in on the dev meet since he got the boot from an SS crew facepalmed at the question. “What kind of question is that? I would ask about the compatibility of the neural control modules with chapter two.” Neural modules, the recent market rage for online gaming, allowed the player to directly interface their mind with the technology in order to control their character. Gaia seeing possibility for this decided to test with zOMG! To see how the players would react to games around the site using the interface.

“I’m sorry I’m not at liberty to discuss top secret fashion information. I will however leave you with some presents.” [ JK ] disappeared as the crowd at Gold Beach dispersed to find his “presents.” [ JK ] hid himself to monitor the connections of the players to the server. Ever since the neural interface was tested some players had exhibited faster connections than others and he wanted to see which players had the fastest connections. He didn’t want to tell them why chapter two had been delayed again. The rumors had already been spreading about a mysterious Phantom, they were true. The Phantom had threatened to enslave anyone who entered chapter two on launch date. And that was why the launch was pushed back again…

Penelope had been having an interesting day. Earlier that day she had an SS crew that fell apart. Of course it was no fault of her own. One crew member had refused to kneel before his princess and she booted him. Though, she failed to notice that his buffs were Divinity and Healing Halo. So the crew met their demise at the pincers of Sealab X. After returning to the beach she hooked up with Henry who was consoling her.

"There, there that guy needed to learn his place," he quickly said.

"Yeah but I really need the gold to get me crown." As they sat whispering sweet nothings to each other, time seemed to slow down. She was mesmerized by his words.

Then he said, “I love you Penelope, but I have an appointment I need to make.”

“But Henry we're having a wonderful time can't you stay longer?" was her questioning response.

“Sorry babe I have to go,” Henry made a beeline towards Bassken Lake.
Penelope decided to take a stroll around the beach. As she roamed towards the null she saw it, a fin just skirting the sands of her screen. As she attacked the fin a chill ran down her spine. "OMNOMNOMNOM!" was the response and then the fin began to chase her. She watched in horror as a massive shark leapt from the sand to attack her.

“EEK help me! This shark is chasing me!” she shouted as she ran. She hoped somebody on the beach would come to her rescue…

Henry slowly meandered his way down the beach, he was already running late for a date with someone named Clarebare009. As he was about to enter Bassken he saw Penelope's shouts, "EEK help me! This shark is chasing me!" He decided to turn around and help since he had never seen the famed Landshark…

As his crew emerged from Duneslam dazed Jeremy laughed to himself. He had been able to leech successfully until Duneslam spawned. At which point the crew had been dazed. “Don't worry guys I'll take defib with me,” he had told the crew before going in. Without defib and about a dozen golems bearing down upon him, Jeremy smiled, “Another crew flunked,” he whispered to himself with glee. He had begun to enjoy sinking crews. Jeremy awakened and promptly returned to the beach at which point he told the crew, “Hey you guyz suk so im out of hear,” and left.

Their cries for a defib only added to his glee. “F off JohnnyBlaze007,” the crew leader shouted after him. And then he saw her. She was clad in that newest princess dress up from the cash shop and she was in a hurry.

“EEK help me! This shark is chasing me!” She shouted.

Jeremy thought to himself, “Oh what fun it will be with Landy!” So he departed to chase the mighty beast…

Elsewhere on the beach, “3002, 3003, 3004. Whew still got 1996 more sand fluffs to go for that 5k badge. Kerri was on one of her badge hunting days. Today’s victims the sand fluffs of the beach. As she perused her chat pane several players ran through her screen. They were in a hurry, “Where are they going?” She thought to herself. As she read the chat pane she soon learned why.

“Landy one screen up from null!” Some guy named Mikeswrath7 shouted...

Mikey prowled the beach after the dev meet. He had nowhere to go and nothing to do but he figured fighting [ JK ]’s “present” would be entertaining. As he read his chat pane his eyes rolled several times.

“TeenScream0911: Defib plox”

“j0uRnEy0n: DEFIB ME!”

“moneymonkey: defib please rowboat"

Nothing out of the ordinary just the typical crowd at Gold Beach. Then there was something that caught his attention.

“EEK help me! This shark is chasing me!” From a Princess_Penelope.

Mikey checked his rings and typed in, “Landy Where?” He quickly caught up to Penelope and saw the dreaded fin patrolling the screen’s sand. He had to laugh, she had just been dazed by the beast but that wasn't what brought the laugh. He had been in an SS crew earlier and been kicked out by the leader because he refused to yield to the ego of the leader. And this Princess_Penelope was that leader.

“Defib me,” she said.

Mikey used the lol emote and said, “All bow before the princess for she is the sacrifice to appease the mighty Landy,” he was mocking her line from SS earlier. There was something different about this Landy almost like it was faster than the normal Landy. “A challenge eh?” He thought to himself. He had been more bored with the game since the neural interface came out. Whenever he used it the game seemed slower, but this Landy was pushing even his heightened reflexes…

“Good all twenty of the players we wanted to test are on this layer and moving towards my super Landshark. I was told to have a list of seven by tomorrow.” He watched the readouts of users who had the best connections. Princess_Penelope, Kerryvern18, JohnnyBlaze007, Hendogry, and the fastest connection he’d seen to date Mikeswrath7.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Chapter 2: Into the Rabbit Hole

“Whoa!” Mikey was sweating. The Landshark was steadily chomping its way to him, almost as if it was ignoring everyone else.

“Sorry Mikeswrath got to test your reflexes to make sure you’re who we’re looking for.” [ JK ] sat at his desk where he’d taken control of the Landshark and was directing it towards players who were on the short list. He was told to make a list of six by the end of the night.

“Any luck John?” A curious crowd had gathered around the desk watching the screens. One readout connection data, the other showed the unfolding situation in Gold Beach.

“Okay you guys we need to get it to chase someone while the rest of us attack.” Kerri was trying in vain to organize the assembled mob into an attack force. “OMG! Halp!” The Landshark had turned from chasing Mikey and went after Kerri.

“Mikeswrath7 is one for the list, now to see about Kerryvern18.” [ JK ] entered keystrokes and changed the Landshark’s aggro data. The shark seemed to bounce around the field like a beach ball attacking after one person for a few minutes before giving up and going after someone else. [ JK ]’s list by the end of it had seven people. “Okay Boss, I have seven names. Let’s hope five of them respond.” He handed a person over his shoulder a list of usernames and the names registered to each user.

“Hurray we killed the shark, now kneel before me! For I am your princess!” Penelope stood over the dissolving Landshark.

“Whatever I’m out.” Jeremy was going to log off.

“Thanks Johnny, you saved my a** back there.” Mikey high fived Jeremy as they parted ways. “Ack ever since it dissolved I’ve been feeling itchy. What gives? Guess I should head out too.” Both Jeremy and Mikey logged off.

“Henry you came back for me!” Penelope threw herself at Henry as he stood transfixed by what happened.

“Yeah babe, but I have to really go now.” Henry darted towards the Lake, now twenty minutes late.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Hello Mikey Berth, you have been selected for a special mission. This is not a joke or any kind of prank. We have been monitoring your performance and you are needed. If you accept please send a PM in response with just the simple phrase ‘yes.’” Mikey was reading his PMs before going to bed. This PM from admin had just popped into his inbox as if by magic.

“Hmm, came from admin. Not looking for a password, may as well figure out what’s up.” Mikey hit the reply button and sent the simple message, “Yes.” What Mikey didn’t know is that six other identical PMs had been sent to various users all played zOMG!. As [ JK ] stayed late at the office he found there had been five replies to the PMs sent. He marked the names down and added their information to overnight labels.

“Alright Boss, I’m heading out. We got five affirmative responses, so I’ll get those overnight packages sent out.” [ JK ] hit submit and printed the last label he needed. On his way home from work he stopped at a FedEx Kinkos to drop off five parcels.

“Yes, sir they’ll be rushed out and delivered tomorrow.” The cashier replied.
………………………………………………………………………………………………

“So those fools at Gaia HQ think they can stop me. We’ll just see how this plays out.” The Phantom sat in front of the computer screen reading an intercepted PM that had gone out recently and was intrigued. The Phantom let out an evil laugh as the program running completed simulations. “Soon my Juggernaut shall be complete.” On the screen was a rotating model of a massive stone warrior.
……………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Honey you got a package with no return information.” Penelope’s mom held an envelope out to her daughter as she was eating her lasagna. Her cousins and sister were getting into some argument about schoolwork and homework.

“Thanks mom!” Penelope scarfed down the last of her lasagna and snatched the envelope and went to her computer. She tore it open and read the letter as she logged on to meet Henry.

“Hello Penelope Dumont, you were contacted last night in regards to special mission. Included in this packet are travel papers. You are to depart tomorrow afternoon at the local airport. Your air fare and tickets have already been paid for and you will be picked up at your destination. Tell no one the truth of why and where you are going. For the duration of this mission your account has been locked out except from our secure location…” As Penelope finished reading she looked at the included ticket and cab fare voucher. Her name and information were all correct.

“Well I guess I should pack for this trip then.” Penelope began going through her closet looking for what to pack.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Thanks dad, I have no idea who it’s from. Sheesh what is in this envelope?” Henry chewed on a chocolate chip cookie as he read the letter.

“Hello Henry Dole, you were contacted…” The letter went on describing travel instructions for a secret mission.

“My account has been locked? Guess I won’t be seeing Penelope tonight.” Henry began shoving clothes from his drawer into his bag.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………

The fourteen year old stared through his rectangular glasses at the letter he pulled out of the package. “Hello Jeremy Stans, you were contacted last night…….because you are only fourteen you will need to bring one of your parents with you. Given that you live with him we have chosen your father.”

“Dad we need to have a talk.” Jeremy talked about the mission with his father as they began to pack.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Kerri hun, a package came for you. It’s sitting on your tablet in your room.”

“Thanks ma! Wonder what I got.” Kerri opened the envelope.

“Hello Kerri Werner, you were contacted last night…..” Her eyes quickly scanned the page and she began putting things in a bag.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………...

“Hey Mikey got the rent?” Mikey banged his head against the apartment door. “Wait never mind someone paid it for you and you got a package too.” The landlady handed Mikey an envelope as he disappeared into his apartment.

“Hello Mikey Berth, you were contacted last night…” He quickly scanned the letter.

“As if work wasn’t hard enough, now this? Well I did say yes so I’m bound to help.” He tossed some clothes in a bag and crashed on his floor mattress. The sounds of the city weren’t enough to keep him up after work's exhaustion.

The next morning the trip to the airport was quiet as was the flight out to San Jose. Mikey pulled down his sunglasses as he grabbed his bag off the carousel. True to the letter there was a person in black holding a card that read “Mikey Berth.” Mikey nodded at the guy and followed him out.

“So any idea why I’m here?” Mikey asked the guy.

“I’m sorry Mr. Berth I’m not privileged to that information. Just hired to drive you to the lab.” The man opened the door of a limousine and motioned for Mikey to get inside. As he sat down he saw he was not alone in the car. There were five others: A blonde who looked like she had come from the shop of pink, a kid clad in green shorts and a plaid top with oversized rectangular glasses on his face, an older man who looked like the boy’s dad, a hazel eyed girl who looked goofy in her loose jeans and green sweater, and a guy who looked like he used too much gel in his spiked black hair.

“So I guess I’m not the only one they got. Any ideas why us?”

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Chapter 3: Zomgaians Unite

The kid in plaid was the first to speak up as he shifted his glasses. “It would appear we each received those mysterious PMs and the package following it in the mail. My dad is only with me because I’m not 18. And- ” The boy was abruptly cut off as the spiky haired man in blue spoke up.

“Wait was everyone here at that Landshark the day before yesterday? What’s everyone’s name? I’m Henry otherwise known as Hendogry the zOMG stud.” He curled his arm and made a flexing motion. The girl in pink suddenly got excited.

“Henry! Wow you really look different from your picture.” Mikey rolled his eyes he could guess who this person was now.

“Princess_Penelope I presume?” He stared forward unamused as she seemed to get giddy.

“That’s right I am Princess_Penelope, but you may call me Penelope.” She bounced in her seat as Mikey sat back in his seat.

The girl in the sweater jumped forward at this moment, “Kerri, Kerryvern18, but everyone calls me Kerri. Hiya nice to meet you all! Wow meeting other Zomgaians in real life, so exciting.”

“As I was about to say I am Jeremy, but my screen name is JohnnyBlaze007. And it is a pleasure to meet each and every one of you.” The kid immediately held out his hand and shook everyone else’s.

“If only it were under better circumstances. You can call me Mikey or Michael the choice is yours.” Mikey held his hand beneath his chin in a thinker like pose. What in the world is going on that they bring five of us randomly to HQ? Like there’s anything we can do. Better see what’s going on.

“Quite the ray of sunshine aren’t you? Wait you’re Mikeswrath7 aren’t you? I can tell, you have about the right attitude to be him.” Everyone turned to face Mikey.

Mikey lowered his head and scratched just below the hairline with his index finger, “Yes, that is indeed my alter ego around Gaia. Seeing as the Landshark a few days back played beach volleyball with us perhaps it was a test of some kind and we were the ones who passed it. So we have the boy genius who loves to screw crews, the badge hunter, the love hungry yes man, the pretty girl with the ego, and as you put it the ray of sunshine. Hmm we seem to be one short of a full crew.” As he spoke he looked from Jeremy to Kerri to Henry and finally to Penelope.

“I believe that is my entrance.” A man the others hadn’t noticed before emerged from the shadows veiling some of the seats in the limo. “I am John Kim or as you know me online, [ JK ]. I’m the developer who sent you those summons and is tasked with accompanying you on the mission at hand. I can’t tell you more until we get to HQ and you fill out some release forms and such.” John moved a little closer to the group after he made his presence known.

“Oh my god [ JK ]!” Kerri jumped from her seat and hit her head against the ceiling of the car, “Excited dork is excited, sorry.” Kerri’s face had turned red as a tomato as she moved as far from John as she could.

Mikey eyed John carefully, “So that Landshark was a test. And we’re being brought in because we passed. Given how fast it was moving, it was pushing the interface speeds for anyone using a neural interface. Knowing that I’d say the five of us had the quickest interface response time. Given the hold ups with chapter two can I guess that it is involved in this somehow?” Mikey looked around as everyone seemed to get nervous about how he was prying into things.

“As I said, I can’t go into any more detail until we get to HQ. But you are on the right track. Would you like to take the blue pill or the red pill now?” John sat back in silence carefully examining what he could from person. Mikey plays sarcastic when he thinks he knows what’s going on, Kerri is star struck but sincere, Jeremy is smart and apparently turns to sabotage when bored, Henry is an egomaniac, Penelope is a spoiled child all grown up. Boy we’ve got our work cut out if we’re going to be a team. If Mikey only knew how close to the truth he was.

The car came to a stop, as the door was opened Mikey put his sunglasses back on only to find that they were in an underground parking structure. The group was led through a series of hallways and elevators until at last they reached a conference room. On the table sat five identical folders. As John motioned for them to take a seat across from him, Jeremy’s dad spoke. “So what is this some kind of doomsday shelter?”

“Just read and sign the forms. Believe me you’ll flip out when you hear what’s going on.” A tall man stood in the doorway with his arms crossed he smiled at John. “Long time no see right? They brought me back in to consult on this. Actually they brought us back in.” Another man came in with him as they and John shared a hug and then a fist bump.

“Bret! David! Long time no see you two! Wow they brought you two back in for this?” John looked at the one who had stood in the doorway when he said Bret, and the other when he said David.

“Oh my god! Mavdoc and Qixter!” Kerri jumped out of her seat and jumped the two men.

“Uhh hey there. Fan girl alert David.” Bret quickly recovered and he and David went to sit on either side of John.

“They brought us in to make the job of checking code easier because of our eagle eyes.” David said, “Believe me you’ll want to know what’s going on and help out.” David’s eyes rested on Mikey as he spoke. There was an emptiness in them that unnerved Mikey.
Penelope and Henry read the form together, “By signing this form you agree to a non-disclosure agreement of all material deemed not for public knowledge by Gaia Interactive. By signing this form you also agree that Gaia Interactive shall not be held accountable for any injuries received during time of use…”

After a few moments everyone had their forms signed and were staring back at John, Bret and David. “So why have we been brought here?” Jeremy asked. Everyone else sat and waited.

“Well three months ago, we received a threat with regards to chapter two of zOMG. In the threat a hacker identifying himself as The Phantom said that embedded in the programming of the new chapter was a command code. Since it was designed to be played using neural interface, this command code would cause anyone playing the chapter to become enslaved to The Phantom. No matter how many times we remove it, it keeps coming back. The Phantom sent another letter saying the only way to remove the code permanently is to destroy him. He invited us to put together a single crew to venture into chapter two and try. Given the dire circumstances we wanted to find people that had low lag between their minds and the interface. That Landshark you all fought two days ago was a final test to see who had the fastest responses.” Throughout the speech David had been quietly staring at Mikey.

“So why not get an in-house team to do it? Why do you need us?” Henry chimed in.

“Well you see, none of us in house meet the requirements. At least not in the allotted time we have. The Phantom sent one last threat, and little to our knowledge it contained a worm that will force chapter two to go live in two months. None of us have a natural charge level high enough for it. That’s where you come in.” Bret looked at the assembled players.

“So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started. If it’s really so important let’s get this party started and stop this Phantom.” David’s eyes still seemed lifeless even as they continued staring. Again the group was led through another series of halls and elevators until they came to a room resembling seven connected hexagons. The center hexagon had lots of connection equipment and things to monitor vital signs. Each of the other six hexagons around contained a computer, headset, neural controller and a monitor.

“So each of us get a hexagon? How long will we be wired in?” Penelope looked at some of the people running the connection equipment in the middle hexagon.

“You’ll be in the zOMG world until the mission is completed, we’ll be out here monitoring your vitals and changing the IV fluids as needed.” One of the techs working on a terminal said. “Now please take a seat at each station as we get you into the practice server.” Each of the selected players picked a hexagon and took their seats as zOMG loaded on the computers. “Please activate neural controllers now.” The tech said as each player flicked the switches on the dorky looking headsets. John was the last one to flip the switch as he nodded to the tech.

As their visions cleared the players all found themselves in a confined one screen area. It was grassy and there was only a single tree. “Welcome to Test Island. We’re just going to make sure everyone’s connections are working.” As each of the characters looked at themselves and each other they noticed their avatars faces had been replaced with their actual faces. Noticing the curious stares John quickly spoke up, “Oh yes that, we figured it might be easier this way to communicate as opposed to seeing avatar face. Cue animated test sequence.”

At this about six Air Fluffs appeared, each was quickly defeated by the person it spawned near. As they dissolved Mikey again felt the itching in his arm. Six Lawn Gnomes appeared and were quickly defeated, Mikey had the itch once more. The next enemy to appear caught everyone off guard, Robofish. The players quickly clustered together and drew the Robofish into an aoe massacre. Mikey felt the itching in his arm again as John seemed to be holding his ear. “Interesting, are you certain? Uh huh. Very interesting. We shall see. Mikey did you know your brain gives off a weird signal when you are in the presence of a dissolving animated? It is almost as if it is receiving information other than the obvious uplink information.”

“That explains the itching, I think. But why?” Mikey stood scratching his arm. He always walked with seven rings equipped when he wasn’t in a crew but now he felt the strength as if he had an eighth ring.

“Try focusing on the Landshark when you use that last slot Mikey.” He heard David’s voice in his ear. Before he had a chance to respond they were staring down Duneslam. Mikey did what he was told, to everyone’s amazement the Duneslam was knocked back an incredible distance as well as taking damage. “Now focus on the Air Fluff, Mikey.” He focused on the Air Fluff and attacked with his eighth slot again, he gave a rather weak breath attack like the Air Fluff he focused on. “I think we found the cause of that itch.” This time everyone heard the voice. As the Duneslam began to dissolve Mikey could feel the itch again.

“So John how will we access chapter two? In all the meets you’ve hinted you’d need to revisit chapter one to get to it.” They all turned to look at John.

“The way we programmed it, each of the bosses of chapter one from General Mayhem to Sealab X on the hard difficulty have a fragment of a key. Once reassembled the key allows entry into the worlds designed for chapter two.”

“So we have to fight each of the chapter one bosses, on hard? Where’s the exit?” Henry got a little paranoid.

“Henry stay, it should be easy enough considering we’re the best of the best. I mean Duneslam maybe not, but the others will be a piece of cake.” Penelope stroked Henry’s hair.

“So let’s go already. We have a world to save.” As he said this they were taken to the server select screen and loaded onto a server named, Chap2BetaP.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Character Bios
A little bit about the original and semi-original characters and how they look. Thanks go to MajinBob, Kitteh Fluff, Ren Orenji Doragon, and Honeyass for helping in designing some of the avis.

Real World Appearance:
Name: Michael “Mikey” Berth
Height: 6’4”
Eyes: Brown
Username: Mikeswrath7
Bio: Mikey is a realist first and foremost. His mind quickly pieces together the big picture from even small details. To date he has the fastest neural connection speed observed by the Gaia staff. This allows him to see things in zOMG! approximately 3.14 seconds before anyone else. While this isn’t much it does allow him to warn his crew and seemingly anticipate the animateds’ actions. While not the kindest soul he has been known to be nice to people whom he deems worthy of such gifts. He fashions himself as a hybrid between a mage and a knight when he dons his online persona. Mikey’s brain unknown to him until his arrival at Gaia HQ has a high capacity for information and can readily absorb information if it is formatted the right way, strangely the animated are perfectly formatted. Unknown to the other members of the crew Mikey has had a troubled life growing up. His father was barely home and when he was he was a violent drunk, valuing his job over his family, his mother needing an escape was never home. This left Mikey raising himself and his younger sister from a very young age. Mikey struggled against a life stacked against him as he went through school. He worked countless hours in addition to studying to get through college. And when he was done he graduated with honors with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Much to his disappointment finding a job proved difficult and he resigned himself to a retail job at the local Target. He slaves night and day there only to be tormented by his younger less intelligent coworkers. Originally, he viewed zOMG! as way to relax and escape his hellish life. But now that he has become a part of the crew to save it, he feels the mantle of having to lead the crew descending on his already worn shoulders.
Gaia Appearance::
Rings:
Chapter 1
User Image
Chapter 2
User Image

Real World Appearance:
Name: Kerri Werner
Height: 5’4”
Eyes: Brown
Username: Kerryvern18
Bio: Kerri was always the strange and obsessive girl when it came to life. She never was the perfect student. In fact she never liked school and was done with it once she finished high school. Her parents were okay with it. When she dons her wyvern persona she becomes a witch who’s experiments accidentally turned her into a salamanderlike creature. They love their daughter so much that they were willing to let her stay with them well past 18. She enjoys spending her time online badge hunting on zOMG! and can often be found massacring animated, her victim choice solely dependent on her day’s mood. When she first joined the crew she was nervous about playing with other people. She is very compassionate and does not hesitate to offer comfort to the others when needed. Though Mikey annoys her, she can see past his callous attitude and see what he hides inside.
Gaia Appearance:
Rings:
Chapter 1
User Image
Chapter 2
User Image

Real World Appearance:
Name: Jeremy Stans
Height: 4’11”
Eyes: Green
Username: JohnnyBlaze007
Bio: Jeremy when he joined Gaia was an underage user. He tends to be the brains of a crew, at least until someone insults him. Then he becomes a troll intent on bringing misery to the crew that insulted him. Despite his age he is a senior in high school and is often picked on for his height. This has lead Jeremy to become a talented fist fighter as he has had to defend himself numerous times. He viewed zOMG! as a safe place he could hide and be dumb. Since joining the crew he has become the smart alec of the team, often to memorizing various stats about each ring. And even talks back and bad mouths when things don’t exactly go as they should. This habit tends to agitate Mikey the most.
Gaia Appearance:
Rings:
Chapter 1
User Image
Chapter 2
User Image

Real World Appearance:
Name: Henry Dole
Height: 6’0”
Eyes: Blue
Username: Hendogry
Bio: Henry was always the ladies man whether online or offline. Henry was always the muscle-bound type who could be found in the gym. Until he discovered Gaia his time gradually became divided between the cyber women and actual women. His most recent interest, Penelope, is the first he’s actually been sincere with his affections. Despite this old habits die hard. When he joined the crew he saw Mikey as the de facto leader because of his ability to make snap decisions. However, he still goes out of his way to show his affections to Penelope, even going so far as to don the avatar of a gentleman. Despite Mikey’s attitude Henry was the first to pick up on a hidden crush Mikey had on Kerri. He views Jeremy as the dorky little brother in the team and tends to treat him as such. Mikey tends to give Henry lessons in sincerity while Henry gives him pointers in wooing women.
Gaia Appearance:
Rings:
Chapter 1
User Image
Chapter 2
User Image

Real World Appearance:
Name: Penelope Dumont
Height: 5’4”
Eyes: Green
Username: Princess_Penelope
Bio: Pink, what other color could describe this self styled princess? She is the youngest child of her parents and so she was treated as one growing up. It has given her an attitude of a spoiled brat. Her past with Mikey is unclear but it left them with a mutual dislike for each other. Despite this they put it aside for the good of the crew. Henry is her boyfriend. Despite it being a joke to her at first, she soon developed real feelings for him. She often seeks advice from Jeremy and Kerri about how to talk to Henry about maybe being more than just an online hookup. She noticed Kerri taking an interest in how Mikey’s mind must work under his tough exterior and has since tried to help Kerri in understanding men. She and Henry both scheme together to try and hook Mikey and Kerri up.
Gaia Appearance:
Rings:
Chapter 1
User Image
Chapter 2
User Image

Real World Appearance: Unknown
Name: John Kim
Height: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Username: [ JK ]
Bio: John Kim was in the year 2011 the only remaining full time developer on zOMG! Over the years he has grown adding programming and coding into the list of his talents as well as the art he was already master of. He feels deeply bonded to the community, even going as far to hold "Dev Meats" on Fridays when players could come and socialize. He joined the crew as a voice for Gaia Interactive and has offered his wisdom on several occasions. He shows great curiosity in Mikey's unique abilities.
Gaia Appearance:
Rings:
Chapter 1
User Image
Chapter 2
User Image

Real World Appearance: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Height: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Username: The Phantom
Bio: Not much is known about The Phantom except that he or she is intimately familiar with zOMG!’s coding to the point of being able to manipulate it at will. It is thought that The Phantom may in fact be someone who worked or currently works on zOMG! He or she invited the crew assembled by Gaia Interactive to challenge him or her for the fate of the population and thus opened their own private server. Much to the dismay of the programmers The Phantom’s server does not respond to their commands leaving them able to only to communicate to the crew through special ear pieces. The Phantom has taken an interest in both Mikey and John to the point of trying to taunt these two into single combat.
Gaia Appearance:

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Nice work!

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So cool so far! I'm liking it! Not sure all who is in it, but I think I will enjoy this story very much! (: I hope you keep it up! biggrin

I must have missed that topic...,, or had no ideas to post in that topic.
Oh my. This is scary! gonk

/can't wait for more

EDIT: I was writing one of these, but I kinda gave up...

User Image
[take me somewhere squishy and stuff]

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
sailoranimecode
So cool so far! I'm liking it! Not sure all who is in it, but I think I will enjoy this story very much! (: I hope you keep it up! biggrin

I must have missed that topic...,, or had no ideas to post in that topic.

Well I tried to make up names for the major characters. The only people who are actual real people are JK and the will be revealed Phantom. But thank you.

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
You're welcome! And that's cool. Keep up the awesome work with it! smile

Tipsy Member

This story looks interesting. Good Job and keep up the awesome work! ^.^

Ruthless Werewolf

12,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
very nice berry biggrin

Ace Trainer

I like it so far; it seems interesting. I can't wait to see how the story unfolds. 3nodding

Genius

That was a good read

Butterfly Prince

.Hack much?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items