Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, so this isn't my main account, but I'm currently level 3.2 in zOMG with barely any rings on this account. I'm just curious why people are mean to lower levels??? I try to help out on my main account (add Yugi Moto 14 if you want help with something wink ). In zen gardens I've already completed every quest, including the doll shrine. Yet, when I ask for a crew on normal (need to level up more to move on to Bass'ken) everyone turns up their nose! Someone even started a doll shrine crew and said lvl 6 and up only when the cap is 4. rolleyes Same in Bass'ken, when someone in the lvl 4 range asks for a crew either at sawmill or she-wolf people still are rude and mean to them. Why not take in some lower levels or help 'em out? gonk

Versatile Tactician

zOMG is full of elitist assholes who don't know how the scaling system works, just sayin' neutral
Master Raiko Shono
zOMG is full of elitist assholes who don't know how the scaling system works, just sayin' neutral

as I've noticed gonk

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Not everyone is, some of us are willing to stop and help people as we are passing through getting dailies or whatever.

Nimble Angel

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
I often like to drift around places and help anybody who's trying to make their way around, it reminds me of myself when I was just starting out and trying to level up.

It always feels good to help a fellow zOMGer out, regardless of what their CL might be.

Rainbow Nerd

Then again, I don't see why I should be required to stop by any low level and ask them whether they needed help.

Usually IF people ask me for help, I help them out. If not, they probably don't need it.

When lower CLs do the same thing I am, aka DMS right now, I usually take them in and show them the ropes.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
It's a good idea to be atleast the minimum CL for an instance before trying to crew for it. But sadly in spite of that, you might still get denied as people are bloody ignorant and are unaware of how the cap works.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
If you need help with certain areas, you can usually come here and post a thread. If I'm on, I can get myself and a few friends together, and we can assist you with the areas, or just for basic leveling. I don't mind so much, as it passes the time around here. :3

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
I can only go by my own experiences, but I would assume it involves more then just your level. I've got a mule, and when I started taking her into Zomg, I'd get explanations on basics; despite the fact I've just explained why something does or doesn't work usually found in higher areas.

When you see a low CL, it could mean they do in fact need help to survive the MMO. If you don't have the ambition to take on one more project, it'll only hold you back. I can't count how many times I've been brought on just to hear 'heal, heal, heal.' They have the same ring, but assume their 1.0 healing ring won't have an effect. Likewise, I do hesitate on defibbing someone for the 8th time in 20 seconds. I'm not sticking around for that if the strategy doesn't change.

Does the '1.0' have a healing ring? Can they lure? Do they have nothing but attack rings? I don't want a tank personally. I'm not your personal medic to haul around for the sake of one more attack ring. The CL can be changed and the orb count could be a lie (nothing but invested attack rings). I'm more then willing to help, if I don't shoulder all the work.
X_of_Pentacles
I can only go by my own experiences, but I would assume it involves more then just your level. I've got a mule, and when I started taking her into Zomg, I'd get explanations on basics; despite the fact I've just explained why something does or doesn't work usually found in higher areas.

When you see a low CL, it could mean they do in fact need help to survive the MMO. If you don't have the ambition to take on one more project, it'll only hold you back. I can't count how many times I've been brought on just to hear 'heal, heal, heal.' They have the same ring, but assume their 1.0 healing ring won't have an effect. Likewise, I do hesitate on defibbing someone for the 8th time in 20 seconds. I'm not sticking around for that if the strategy doesn't change.

Does the '1.0' have a healing ring? Can they lure? Do they have nothing but attack rings? I don't want a tank personally. I'm not your personal medic to haul around for the sake of one more attack ring. The CL can be changed and the orb count could be a lie (nothing but invested attack rings). I'm more then willing to help, if I don't shoulder all the work.

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Akatsuki Hikari Yuume

thats reality in the virtual games sadly. you can try other MMO games and you can still find.. the same situation.

I can only advise you to be very patient and be sincere with your peers so that you will find your zOMG experience a fun one

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Well... there are some wannabe elitists! Who always try to troll and annoy the others! On the other hand, people want to have people who have experience, cuz often in DMS for example they don't even listen to whatever you are saying, even tho you are more experienced, and still take fire rain and balloon to dms neutral

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
My advice is to just keep trying. Eventually when there's no one else to crew but you, they'll reluctantly take you in. At least that's how it worked for me when I'm low cl.

Vicious Prophet

I remember when I was 6.8 a girl at ps who was 10.0 made fun of me for being a "low level".

yeah cuz 6.8 is sooo low for ps amirite?

Honestly, it sucks, but you just have to keep trying. A lot of people are reluctant to let lower leveled people into their crews because a lot of lower leveled people are complete noobs. It sucks for the newbies who actually do know what they're doing though.

I thought it was all baseless elitism until I began playing DMS tbh.

Intellectual Lunatic

I remember them days when every place in zomg was crowded.

Lemme share sumthin.

I also have a mule and I DMPed with newbs. A DMSer mocked us and stuff. I felt really bad, not for me, but for the newbs I was with. Zomg has been here for a long time. And there are not many new people here as much as before.

So, there are not many people in low level places like Zen. Most of them are in PS, SMOB/SMEB, DMS.

I hope you get what I'm saying.

Anyway, sometimes I get bored on my main. So I open my mule and try to get my level up. Then I meet newbs and when we keep dying, I bring my main and help em. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff