Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Cat

6,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I've been gone for a long while and came back thinking I should play zOMG! again, but then it's down. Can someone explain to me what happened?

Greedy Businesswoman

4,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
They lost the files. They took them out to clean them up and i guess they got lost in the dryer.

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Miichiya
I've been gone for a long while and came back thinking I should play zOMG! again, but then it's down. Can someone explain to me what happened?

Unfortunately Gaia decided that zomg wasn't profitable enough to save. that's the short explanation.
below are a list of links to the various announcements.
zOMG maintenance has begun!
Gaia Online Community Update: September 2k14 in review!
Update on zOMG maintenance

Some Zomg Clarifications
The Back Alley Grab Bag is full of zOMG! goodies!

Last but not least. I've gathered a list of the petitions which are circulating and included links to the profiles of those that stated them.
You could do worse than to look them over.
---?--- zOMG! unOFFICIAL PETITION ---?---
created by Sarah is sober
Join zOMG petition signed 1,376 (?°?°)?? ????
Created by BlueO2
Of the petitions, im listing the following one demands you attention because IT is in the sites feed back section and 'in theroy' is the that should get noticed.
Petition to get zOMG! out of Maintenance Mode
Created by Scobre

Liberal Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Belinda Aster
Miichiya

Unfortunately Gaia decided that zomg wasn't profitable enough to save. that's the short explanation.
below are a list of links to the various announcements.
zOMG maintenance has begun!
Gaia Online Community Update: September 2k14 in review!
Update on zOMG maintenance

Some Zomg Clarifications
The Back Alley Grab Bag is full of zOMG! goodies!

Last but not least. I've gathered a list of the petitions which are circulating and included links to the profiles of those that stated them.
You could do worse than to look them over.
---?--- zOMG! unOFFICIAL PETITION ---?---
created by Sarah is sober
Join zOMG petition signed 1,376 (?°?°)?? ????
Created by BlueO2
Of the petitions, im listing the following one demands you attention because IT is in the sites feed back section and 'in theroy' is the that should get noticed.
Petition to get zOMG! out of Maintenance Mode
Created by Scobre

I read it and it seems the main argument is that there is a security flaw that could possibly affect your user accounts. I assume that if they made everyone who wanted to play a game sign a waiver, that you would be more likely to get hacked, almost like a "terms of use (looking at you apple)" then I would see no problem in them bringing it back. If they didnt consider that, then I would argue it would be a bigger issue then security.

Friendly Cat

6,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I see... It's a pity though, since it made things more fun around here. cry
i played for years for free and I was not gonna pay any money for it. it was a free game and it should stay. The benefits take from others

3,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rigel The Exiled
They lost the files. They took them out to clean them up and i guess they got lost in the dryer.

Lame. I was looking forward to playing after not being on this for years.

Dangerous Genius

7,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
So.....zOMG! is permanently shut down?

Beloved Friend

I just came back looking forward to playing too... alas...

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Viskainus
According to what has been said. It is indeed shut down for the foreseeable future.
It is likely that with the proper incentives zomg one day might make a return however as gaia's resources and attitudes stand its simply not going to happen.
I'm heart Broken over the lose of what was for me a fun way to interact with gaia but that apparently is how the cookie crumbles.
Sorry once again to be the bearer of bad news.

Dangerous Genius

7,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Belinda Aster
Viskainus
According to what has been said. It is indeed shut down for the foreseeable future.
It is likely that with the proper incentives zomg one day might make a return however as gaia's resources and attitudes stand its simply not going to happen.
I'm heart Broken over the lose of what was for me a fun way to interact with gaia but that apparently is how the cookie crumbles.
Sorry once again to be the bearer of bad news.

Ah. It's okay. It's not your fault ^^;
But I'm kinda sad, really. zOMG! is the only place I had to make friends. But it's alright though.
That's how life rolls....Gaia had its golden days already...

Greedy Receiver

I came back onto gaia to play zomg after a two year hiatus...now i find out it's gone...almost no reason to be on gaia anymore...

Dapper Poster

I really miss the zOMG, it was such a fun game and had a great system.
Miichiya

they took away zOMG TT^TT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces