Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

I got the ring set right and high enough for YM only. I die and had the entire crew die (happens rarely) and at this one recent occasion and a few members left without a good bye after a blunder with chat implying wasting their revives (a lot). Then would usually be the one to shift roles because someone could do better at it.

It's difficult to please the in game inclusive community of dms. I try so hard sometimes to even teach 10's new to the place and how it goes down and for once I wish some veterans attuned (I've never been attuned and probably never will since crews for the job are picking those who are already attuned and inflation hits power-ups, amps and revives).

So please with anyone who can relate out there and got past this tell me how to walk your footsteps?

Saxy Coder

The most important thing you have to remember while tanking: HEAL

While tanking, you're trying to gain aggro (hate points). The best way to do this is by spamming heals. For every 1 HP you heal, you gain 0.5 Hate Points. Therefore, the more you heal, the more hate you generate, which means that your other crew mates will be less likely to steal aggro from you. Granted, most tanks tend to lost the first two monsters in a room becuase they haven't generated enough hate by then, but no worries.
(Read this guide for more about aggro)

Now, when I say healing, I don't just mean yourself. Your crewmates are going to get hit by doing stupid things like sitting in bad spots, stealing your aggro, etc. If you aren't dying (less than 1k HP) then spare some stamina and rage on Wish for them. (There is a reason tanks carry Wish)

Once you've got healing down, the rest is just things you learn through experience - like the best places to stand while tanking rooms, how to quickly reset mini bosses, paying attention to who's sitting when you repo, etc. 3nodding There are some other tanking tips here, if you'd like to do some more reading.

P.S. If you ever want to do a tuna run, my friend's guild hosts them.
All you would need is a pack of regular Ghi Amps and Revives for the run, which shouldn't be too hard to save up for if you watch free GC videos every so often. :3

Aged Gaian

Lady Saxophone
The most important thing you have to remember while tanking: HEAL

While tanking, you're trying to gain aggro (hate points). The best way to do this is by spamming heals. For every 1 HP you heal, you gain 0.5 Hate Points. Therefore, the more you heal, the more hate you generate, which means that your other crew mates will be less likely to steal aggro from you. Granted, most tanks tend to lost the first two monsters in a room becuase they haven't generated enough hate by then, but no worries.
(Read this guide for more about aggro)

Now, when I say healing, I don't just mean yourself. Your crewmates are going to get hit by doing stupid things like sitting in bad spots, stealing your aggro, etc. If you aren't dying (less than 1k HP) then spare some stamina and rage on Wish for them. (There is a reason tanks carry Wish)

Once you've got healing down, the rest is just things you learn through experience - like the best places to stand while tanking rooms, how to quickly reset mini bosses, paying attention to who's sitting when you repo, etc. 3nodding There are some other tanking tips here, if you'd like to do some more reading.

P.S. If you ever want to do a tuna run, my friend's guild hosts them.
All you would need is a pack of regular Ghi Amps and Revives for the run, which shouldn't be too hard to save up for if you watch free GC videos every so often. :3

Thank you

Saxy Coder

Sphyxia
Thank you
ouo No problem!
If you want, just bother me next time I'm online and you want to try tanking~ I can give you some "live" tips in the crew c;

No Hero

> Know where to stand.
> Know the aggro system.
Hnn~ I was looking for aggro tips since my first time failed. v_v My second time was good until NF. Most of us kinda died after NF was like "I'm going to massacre you all now". You want to get attuned right? just find me on DMS and I'll help put together a crew. If revives, amps, and other crap are a problem, I can get you some for the TUNA run. ^^ I always do that for people that are still goldfish. >w<

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Knowing the aggro system is a must. Same goes for knowing where to position and when to reposition. And of course healing. R4 bandy, R1 Diagnose. Though, when my crew is close to me and getting a lot of damage I often don't move for a while, rage wish and diagnose and then move.
Once you understand the aggro system and the positioning you need a bunch of practice. once you get the basics down you can experiment and see what works for you.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Aggro and Tanking are the same thing, position wise. And Aggro is more of a verb...

Peaceful Dabbler

9,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
Tbh all I did to learn to tank was read a couple guides to DMS and just kept on healing myself. If you're more of a seeing then doing learner heres a helpful youtube video good luck mrgreen

Vicious Prophet

Learn how to position monsters. Make sure to toggle your rings and heal when there are mini-bosses. Heal your crew.

Omnileech and Leasfy both made great guides [1][2].

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff