Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Prophet

curtneko
Red Kutai
curtneko
apologies if i seemed as if i was attacking you, i was asking only to know!

i'm used to "limited edition" meaning once it's gone, it's gone

my comparison was if gaia did mean "limited edition" as how i'm used to it, then the other rings that weren't called "limited edition" aren't the same (moreso "festive" or "seasonal'').

Certainly not 'attacking', but I did jump to the conclusion that you were making a comparison that perhaps you weren't. My apologies if I was being unfair. redface

If I recall correctly, one of the announcements actually used the phrase "when they're gone, they're gone" - however, like "limited-edition", that's a syntactically meaningless advertising term that is really only designed to generate a feeling of urgency for the purchase. Everything's 'gone when it's gone', after all; whether it comes back at a later time is another question altogether, and the announcements make no comment on that (because, again, it was undecided at the time of release).

I wasn't really going to venture into other rings, simply because Sweetheart has enough significant differences from others (not being attached to an Event, and being released exclusively through the Cash Shop) that most any comparison would have relevant holes. Indeed, Sweetheart being the first seasonal/event/what-have-you ring released for the game, the precedent for re-release of any rings did not exist until it was time for Sweetheart to be re-released (and then not until Fortune's Favor established the precedent of re-releasing true Event rings). My real point is simply that because Gaia was still legitimately considering a re-release up until February 2011 - [ JK ] mentioned it at least a couple of times at dev meets, in that period - it seems hard to assert that they really intended whatever perceived 'promise' there was, and unless the text of their announcements explicitly makes such a promise (which it wouldn't, because they didn't intend to make one), there's no reason to try and hold them to a promise they never intended to make.
ah, the consideration on their part to rerelease the ring is something i hadn't read! still, "limited edition"... i can't name anything off the top of my head that's been labeled "limited edition" and was released on more than one occasion when left unspecified

the hype factor is true of course, but a successful business should know not to overhype or counter a previous statement (though this is gaia we're talking about...)

Red mentioned in their thread (granted it's a really old thread) that some EIs have been re-released, as have some RIGs.

Also, I've heard SH is useful for GR? Though that could be outdated info.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Why all the hate? How is bringing back the SH ring a bad idea?
Silk Kanishk

Yes bringing SH back isn't the same as bringing Integrity back.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Binary Mess
Silk Kanishk

Yes bringing SH back isn't the same as bringing Integrity back.

SH would be a nice ring to have regardless.

IRL Cat

Pan Twardowski
curtneko
Red Kutai
curtneko

my comparison was if gaia did mean "limited edition" as how i'm used to it, then the other rings that weren't called "limited edition" aren't the same (moreso "festive" or "seasonal'').

Certainly not 'attacking', but I did jump to the conclusion that you were making a comparison that perhaps you weren't. My apologies if I was being unfair. redface

If I recall correctly, one of the announcements actually used the phrase "when they're gone, they're gone" - however, like "limited-edition", that's a syntactically meaningless advertising term that is really only designed to generate a feeling of urgency for the purchase. Everything's 'gone when it's gone', after all; whether it comes back at a later time is another question altogether, and the announcements make no comment on that (because, again, it was undecided at the time of release).

I wasn't really going to venture into other rings, simply because Sweetheart has enough significant differences from others (not being attached to an Event, and being released exclusively through the Cash Shop) that most any comparison would have relevant holes. Indeed, Sweetheart being the first seasonal/event/what-have-you ring released for the game, the precedent for re-release of any rings did not exist until it was time for Sweetheart to be re-released (and then not until Fortune's Favor established the precedent of re-releasing true Event rings). My real point is simply that because Gaia was still legitimately considering a re-release up until February 2011 - [ JK ] mentioned it at least a couple of times at dev meets, in that period - it seems hard to assert that they really intended whatever perceived 'promise' there was, and unless the text of their announcements explicitly makes such a promise (which it wouldn't, because they didn't intend to make one), there's no reason to try and hold them to a promise they never intended to make.
ah, the consideration on their part to rerelease the ring is something i hadn't read! still, "limited edition"... i can't name anything off the top of my head that's been labeled "limited edition" and was released on more than one occasion when left unspecified

the hype factor is true of course, but a successful business should know not to overhype or counter a previous statement (though this is gaia we're talking about...)

Red mentioned in their thread (granted it's a really old thread) that some EIs have been re-released, as have some RIGs.

were the ei's specifically referred to as "limited edition", though?

& sh is more of a bonus than a necessity when it comes to dms, but it's still used frequently

Vicious Prophet

curtneko
Pan Twardowski
curtneko
Red Kutai
curtneko

& sh is more of a bonus than a necessity when it comes to dms, but it's still used frequently

I'm pretty sure they were.

IRL Cat

Pan Twardowski
curtneko
Pan Twardowski
curtneko
Red Kutai
curtneko

I'm pretty sure they were.
i wish everyone used "limited edition" the same way gaia does, there'd be so much cool s**t available

Precious Darling

11,750 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Solid 200
curtneko
ain't gonna happen

go cwy about it

OMG. I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE 3nodding

Dangerous Player

Noob

curtneko
still, it's not like they were forced to sell the ring

Yus yus, but regardless of that, I'd sympathize with them. MAYNEEEE I sympathize with everyone..this world is so sad I can't halp et. emo

xD

IRL Cat

lnvincibIe
curtneko
still, it's not like they were forced to sell the ring

Yus yus, but regardless of that, I'd sympathize with them. MAYNEEEE I sympathize with everyone..this world is so sad I can't halp et. emo

xD
i sympathize with people who donate to someone so they can afford sh, but the person receiving the donation already knows they're getting sh for free and refuses to give the money back thereafter

based on a true story

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Sure, what the hell. I already sold mine for 7 mil. lol

No, seriously, I'm starting to think it should come out again because that price is just stupid high. Then again, if they've just tossed zOMG on the trash heap in favor of shitty games, why bother getting it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff